• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #6

Do we agree that Todoroki's maximum fire should be upgraded to 8-B+ via scaling to Endeavor, and Tetsutetsu heat resistance being 8-B+ as well?

Or is there a problem?

@Aiden

You completely missed the point. I was saying that it was durability and not just fire resistance. He could also withstand Ice attacks and was stated to have pushed his quirk to its limit. He never specifically says he built up fire resistance, just increased his quirk.

That'd still be above Class 5. Especially since that's a massive tower.

I wasn't actually agreeing with giving him 8-B, but can you explain why it's an outlier without scaling him to what is a much weaker state?

For ***** sake! We are NOT revisiting this topic ever again.

Silver Linig

All Might is now 1 and 0

@Schnee One @VersusJunkie54 You two don't do anything for MHA profiles, so I don't know what you're complaining about.

Schnee One said:
Are we sure we can assume he made an average storm?
All Might didn't create the storm, he only brought a random storm with his Detroit Smash.

That has nothing to do with what we do with profiles, at all

Its the fact that we literally can't stick with a single damn calc and the results always change

The result changed because I found out new information about storms, sometimes calcs just need to be updated.

Like Calaca said, it's much worse in verses like One Piece and Bleach, also considering how many losses All Might has, I thought people would be happy.

You don't see me not complaining about One Piece either.

I don't care about losses, this is an indexing site, all I hope is that the calc stays.

A lot of people care about losses, honestly if it were up to me, the section of notable victories/losses would not exist at all.

Maybe this topic should be dropped?

If All Might's calc needs to be adjusted then that's fine, I just hope that calcs are accurate, I don't want anything else.

I'm not sure if this new version will stick. I don't think there's any evidence All Might drew in the entirety of a storm.

The other option is to assume that All Might can create clouds with his punches, which sounds less plausible.

No, the other option is to assume All Might only drew in part of a storm or the storm was just small.

What do you mean with drew? In my language that word has nothing to do with bringing a storm.

I see, but why do you think All Might only drew in part of a storm or that the storm was small?

I don't, the upgrade is fine with me, I was just pointing out that it may be rejected for those reasons.

@ByAsura

Cause it makes no sense than a pseudo-fodder (cause yeah, spoilers, he is not a relevant character) like Tetsu has an inmense tier jump compared to all his classmates and Kirishima (who is building as his equal). The feat are fire and ice resistance. Leave it or take it.

I'm an asshole? Probably, but it doesn't make it less of an outlier, unless accepted as resistance

In series they can have as much of a jump as they want, especially since it's explained that there is a jump and it's vastly higher than before. It's not stated to be specifically resistance to heat and cold though, it's stated to be him having improved his quirk in general, Tet even calls resisting heat just one improvement he made. I do think we should wait for more chapters to see if it is really an outlier though.

Also, I'm fairly sure there's a ton of fodder that have become far more powerful in many series, one that comes to mind is the Ghost Warriors. Fodder can grow out of being fodder.

Where did that come from? I never called you anything. Unless you're talking to someone else or about something different.

I'll make a crt for or questing and answer thread about fire resistance and durability today cause I'm pretty damn sure if you can tank flames it would scale to your regular durability

Okay, but how can you explain something like Endeavor < High-End <<<<< Endeavor's Hell Flame = Endeavor's durability? Having a much higher fire resistance than normal durability makes sense in MHA.

Therefir said:
@Schnee One @VersusJunkie54 You two don't do anything for MHA profiles, so I don't know what you're complaining about.
Schnee One said:
Are we sure we can assume he made an average storm?
All Might didn't create the storm, he only brought a random storm with his Detroit Smash.
You've got a lot of nerve making that claim. Are you forgetting that I've made many important CRT and was the one who put forth the effort to stop the storm calc from constantly being changed? Plus Gar has participated in plenty of CRT as well.

I'm going to talk to ANT about this being a discussion rule. I am so sick of this being brought up.

TheRustyOne said:
Versus, you need to calm down.
Also it won't become a discussion rule I assure you.
Why? He is making a ridiculous claim that me and Gar don't do anything for MHA verse. Ignoring the times we've made CRT and how i was the one who went out of my way to get the storm calc fiassco solved to begin with.

If there's a rule prohibiting discussion of Esdeath's ice storm, there can certainly be one here.

Because your not helping this situation. If your offended by what he said, get thicker skin. This is why problems like this get so big, because people can't learn to just not be offended.

If you wanted to correct him, that's fine, but you didn't need to say it like that. I understand being angry, we all get angry, but I think people should think before they post something.

There's nothing wrong with making another calc of All Might's feat. The only reason it's such a big deal is because your making it into a big deal.

That's why I suggest you calm down, getting worked up isn't going to solve anything.

Why do even care about the calc changing, All Might's feat isn't controversial to my knowledge. (It took forever though)

I admit that saying that wasn't right, in that moment I was upset about something in RL.

What does Gar have to do with all this?

The feat was borderline controversial. And it took an eternity to decide. I made those threads witht he intention of stopping discussion on it for good. We don't just assume a storm is "Average" that's not how we do things on the wiki. We never make assumptions about storms when we have scans and data to determine its actual size.

Back