• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #6

Damage3245 said:
So long as it raises awareness of the manga and improves sales, I don't really care about quality.
I care about the quality especially if this is going to be some people's first exposure to the series. My very first exposure to Dragon Ball was Dragon ball Evolution and that's kinda ruined my ability to enjoy the franchise even though I feel like I should, it has everything I enjoy in fiction; senseless explosions, buff dudes punching each other and a generally simple plot (bad guy shows up, heroes train, fight and win) but I can't look at it without thinking of "I am Roshi the invincible! Hahaha"

I honestly thought Evolution was fine...though I was a small child when I first watched it.

Actually I thought that too. First time I watched I was like "wow that was good" and later I cursed myself for being so blind.

Latest chapter is out.

Some nice, new Quirks, but not particularly any amazing feats yet.

Hey can i ask why 100% Deku tier is lower then Shoto's i mean during the fight between those two, Deku 100% finger flicks who force Todoroki back even when he would have the ice to stop him from going out of bounds

Because Shoto has a calc for making his ice.

Making ice > punching hard.

If his 100% finger flicks were pushing Shouto back even with the large amount of ice he had to protect him + cause large amount of windshocks around the entire stadium then im sure he should be more powerful

Izuku's AP surpasses Todoroki's typical attacks and durability. It's just that Todoroki can also create a huge bunch of ice at once.

Because Shoto's 8-A comes from his absolute limit with his ice, which he didn't reached in one attack, he reached his limit over the course of the fight

In other words, deku doesn't scales to 8-A Todoroki

It was said though that 100% was overkill or can one shot the classmates (something similar to that but don't remember what chapter it was)

Current Torino is just At least Supersonic.

And Iida's Recipro Burst is rated as Hypersonic+.

So his Recipro Turbo being faster than Gran Torino makes sense.

Gran Torino's durability justification should be changed, just say it should be comparable to his AP or something since that's the actual logic used anyway. Getting High 8-C taking a punch from a Tier 7 (Full blow from a serious yet holding back All Might? The wording here is strange) makes no sense. Also, AfO inverted the impact of that punch as well not that it really matters.

i think we should rate tetsu as 8A since it seems that SHouto is going to use his strongest flame attack instead of his maxium potential ice attack. This means that Shouto believes the ice attack wouldnt be enough to defeat him imo

AstralKing7 said:
i think we should rate tetsu as 8A since it seems that SHouto is going to use his strongest flame attack instead of his maxium potential ice attack. This means that Shouto believes the ice attack wouldnt be enough to defeat him imo
Heavy outlier.

Tetsutetsu should only be 8-C

If something maybe argue about fire/cold resistance, but that's it.

AstralKing7 said:
how Is it an outlier?? It can't be an outlier from statements as well.
Pseudo Fodder Tetsutetsu to 8-A (Basically top tier above even the number 1 hero)?

Clear outlier. 8-C cause he harmed todoroki and broke part of his ice, but that's it

He broke lots of his ice and knocked todoroki through his own ice as wel

I don't know where this fodder tetsu is coming from. He is doing better than Deku did against Todoroki. This todorki is more experienced as well which makes this a better feat.

If tetsu manages to take Shoutos strongest fire attack next chapter and beat todorki then we're gonna have to upgrade him cause it wouldn't just be PIS or an outlier cause it's an outright fight

Yeah but the way the writer has been going this arc is showing that the readers shouldn't underestimate class B. Tbh I'm expecting Shouto to still lose next chapter even tho he uses his fathers attack. The writer is trying to change the perspective of the readers; just because we've seen more of Todorki lately than other characters doesn't automatically make him stronger than the rest cause we don't know what type of hellish trading they could have done and how stronger they could have gotten until they show feats like Tetsu

If we are just speculating here and not trying to seriously determine ratings...then yeah I guess it's a possibility.

Back