• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #2

" I'd really not tank the next generation of One For All contending with One Punch Man arc villains."

Assuming Saitama isn't just the 528525291419141694697494141st user of One for All.

Mand21 said:
It challenges suspension of disbelief after a certain point and is a lazy way to make the audience get engaged since it's a lazy way to make a villain more dangerous.
Especially Tier 5. People should take a lot more care than they do with Tier 5.
its not a problem with a specific tier but how it gets introduced in the series and how much sense it makes in context.

Mand21 said:
It challenges suspension of disbelief after a certain point and is a lazy way to make the audience get engaged since it's a lazy way to make a villain more dangerous. Especially Tier 5. People should take a lot more care than they do with Tier 5.
To me what made the story engaging was Izuku's struggles to overcome his own flaws, both physical and psychological and not his struggles to physically overcome his enemies. Most of the main villains in MHA also don't rely on their power level to be interesting.

Why do I say all this? I just want to share my opinion that even if power escalation happens in MHA, it may not be a bad thing because it likely won't be a cheap trick just to make the story more engaging.

Saitama as far as he's shown could just be something like the 13th user of the One For All, lol. Izuku is the 9th and is gonna surpass a High 6-C guy by what, twofold at the very least? Likely tenfold if we know how animes are? And the average quirk user can train themselves to 8-B, giving 8-B~8-A a good starting position for OFA? Yeah, give four more users and we're 5-B.

And I agree with that, but the problem is exactly that: most settings are not prepared to handle a Tier 5.

Yeah, I don't think having a tier-5 will ever actually deteriorate the series but... at the same time I recognize that it's kinda unnecessary to introduce one.

i mean MHA due to it being a superhero manga might take tier 5 stuff better than most fantasy Manga

Andytrenom said:
Yeah, I don't think having a tier-5 will ever actually deteriorate the series but... at the same time I recognize that it's kinda unnecessary to introduce one.
What isn't unnecessary though is introducing a character above supersonic!

The profiles look fine, but Midnight's stats are based prettry much on speculation. I doubt Aizawa should even be Building level to be honest, and Midnight has even less evidence than him.

Pro Heroes are generally 9-A+ to 8-C. Witth some special exceptions being High 8-C or a bit above that.

I'm gonna still try to calc Endeavor's feats if someone hasn't done so already. What percentage of hollowness do we use for office buildings?

Okay, but what's the justification for Midnight being 8-C as opposed to 9-A?

Yeah I'm honestly I feel that most Pro Heroes r 9-B to 9-A+ whole some like being 8-C+

Also imma be honest but I feel that All Might current tier is just...too much. Like I feel that his weakens form isn't really High 7-A but like Low 7-B and his Prime is 7-B to 7-A

BlackeJan said:
Also imma be honest but I feel that All Might current tier is just...too much. Like I feel that his weakens form isn't really High 7-A but like Low 7-B and his Prime is 7-B to 7-A
I agree. That result you said was actually the original result of his feat, prior to being exagerated.

We have no proof it extends 14 kilometers away, as the city obstructs the view. It's more reasonable for it to extend 4.7 kilometers as it did before

To further drive it home. The manga, the primary canon never shows any such scene.

Actual horizion
The scene where we actually see the thunderstorm present is this, from All Might's height.

Okay, going with the original calc sounds good to me.

EDIT: And yeah, I'm surprised we put so much stock into the anime in the first place when we know they can exaggerate feats heavily. (All Might vs. Nomu fight, remember?)

Gonna do a quick calc here, going off of All Might's height.

Distance to horizion, 5.3 Km, Storm thickness, 13 Km

This equates to 1147.21 Cubic kilometers, or 1.14721e+12 cubic meters.

This equates to 1150651630000 Kg.

The clouds took 13 seconds to arrive, since we can use the anime timeframe.This equates to 407.692 m/s

Now for the KE.

9.562649555943579e16 Joules, or 22.85 megatons. City level.

Prime: 1371 megatons. Large Mountain level

Assalt originally used 4.7 km because he thouggt the view was obstructed, Kep informed him that it wasn't and used the new distance which Assalt ultimately accepted.

The issue of the horizon distance has been brought up and resolved already.

No matter how you look at it, it's exargerated. And we can use the timeframe as shown in an anime, but not that dubious shot with the buildings in view. That's just how it goes with this wiki. It either happened in the manga, or it didn't happen at all. We don't accept that black hole scene in One Punch Man, this one is no diffierent.

4.7 or 5.3 m to the horizion is far more likely.

It makes no sense to downgrade a calc over something that has already been resolved, the anime horizon distance is fine.

As for whether it's okay to even use the anime, I'm neutral....for now.

Andytrenom said:
It makes no sense to downgrade a calc over something that has already been resolved, the anime horizon distance is fine.
As for whether it's okay to even use the anime, I'm neutral....for now.
Just because something was decided on in the past doesn't mean it will always be correct. There wasn't even a clear view of the horizon in that anime shot. The buildings obstructed any view. To say it stretched 14 kilometers is just wrong.

Midnight should probably be unknown, she isn't a fighter she puts her opponents to sleep.

Cementoss has a feat that should get a calc.

Present Mic is find where he is since he stated he is WAY better than Jiro who even agreeded.

The explosion that the numerous concrete walls took the brunt of?

Arrogant Schmuck said:
Midnight was decently close to the center of the Todoroki vs Deku explosion. Could that be used to give her a durability rating?
No she was thrown from the shockwave just like everyone else

Back