• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #2

Arrogant Schmuck said:
VersusJunkie54 said:
Like how the Uraraka shippers treat their opinion on a ship as an indisputable fact? Some hypocrisy right there.
Would love for you to point out where and when I did that. I never said anyone's ship was wrong, just that people shouldn't act as though theirs is the only one that's right.
That's exactly what the Uraraka fanbase does. They look down on anyone who doesn't wholeheartedly agree with their ship. Your reaction indicates that you are upset by my stance on this subject.

Just about every other female character in the series is more interesting than her. But I still stand by my opinion that this series would be better off with no romance.

Deku X Toga for life but just maybe this series could do with out romance and more comedy, action, suspence and world building tbh. am i the only one who gets a Lupin vibe from MHA lol. Like really with the new movie as well

Still, you should move out from this discussion. Ship wars will only lead to disgrace here.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Your reaction indicates that you are upset by my stance on this subject.
No. What I am upset about is you implying her sole purpose in the series is to be a love interest when that's not true in the least. Misrepresenting someone's favorite character in the series is inevitably going to upset them. And the fact you keep saying shit like this

Just about every other female character in the series is more interesting than her. Phrasing like "every female character is" without adding something like and IMO says to me that you're trying to imply anyone who disagrees with you is factually incorrect. IMO Ochako is the [B]most[/B] interesting female in the series but that doesn't mean I can't accept that other people disagree VersusJunkie54 said:
It's not my fault people get triggered. Because how dare I disagree with, and point out that a ship is flawed, right?
Is flawed in your opinion*

Yeah, I should've put the "IMO" in there, sorry.

People talk shit about my own favorite characters, and I don't really care. There's no reason to get worked up over one or two people disliking your favorite character.

AstralKing7 said:
yeah i agree Ura stuck on stupid for Deku before the hero license arc and ive read the all the chapters and Ura still feels too boring imo and the regular shonen cliche love interest. When i saw them first meet in the earlier arcs i was like "Damn i hope he doesn't do the usual shonen girl who the MC thinks is cute just because she is always cheeful". No im tired of this tbh, too many other mangas is doing this and imo this could limit the manga from being great.
i completely disagree

it's a shonen battle manga

not a romance

characters EOS relationships are a not factor in the larger narrative

If Deku and Uraraka only get together in the later half of the series, I'm okay with that. As long as it doesn't eclipse the plot like some other series have done.

Urarake is objectively the most developed female character but it doesn't mean she has to be your fav, different strokes for different folks.

Also, don't worry about the series going a cliche route. It's proven time and time again it doesn't go that way.

Remember when people feared the Sports Fest would be interrupted by villains?

Or that Bakugo was going to go full-Sasuke and join the villains?

Or that All Might was going to be killed by All For One?

This series has done a pretty good job of avoiding the typical, cliche route.

Shadowbokunohero said:
Urarake is objectively the most developed female character but it doesn't mean she has to be your fav, different strokes for different folks.
This is what Arogant was just getting on my case about. Treating your opinion as an indisputable fact.

Id rather us worry more about if Hero-Koshi can keep the consistent level of writing along with avoiding the power escalation problem most shonen fall into instead of the ships

Damage3245 said:
Also, don't worry about the series going a cliche route. It's proven time and time again it doesn't go that way.
Remember when people feared the Sports Fest would be interrupted by villains?

Or that Bakugo was going to go full-Sasuke and join the villains?

Or that All Might was going to be killed by All For One?

This series has done a pretty good job of avoiding the typical, cliche route.
Yeah, I agree with you here.

Also, am I the only one who really wants to know more about All For One and his past? And the past OFA users?

VersusJunkie54 said:
This is what Arogant was just getting on my case about. Treating your opinion as an indisputable fact.
Most screentime typically means most developed. Name one other female character that's had more development.

Damage3245 said:
VersusJunkie54 said:
Most screentime typically means most developed. Name one other female character that's had more development.
Sigh... I suppose you're right. Uraraka has had the most screentime by virtue of hanging around Deku a lot.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Shadowbokunohero said:
Because it isnt an Opinion

Am I the only one who feels like many fictional works seem to be utterly unable to just write their main couple as a healthy couple and have them be both friendly and lovely without cliché actions or going OOC when in love/making anyone or any viewer feel like a third wheel?

I'd love to just have some works not make romance like a huge life-changing deal oh my ******* god your entire emotional development up until now is at stake and huge stakes are in you kissing the girl when really they could just have fun together, keep their friends and pretty often kiss (potentially in more comic or lighthearted/fun then extremely sweet-ish "romantic" scenarios) and imply they have an active sexual life.

I hope BNHA doesn't go the path of doom and destruction a.k.a make the relationship a huge deal and move entire arcs on romance or, worse even, suspicions/affairs.

Mand21 said:
I hope BNHA doesn't go the path of doom and destruction a.k.a make the relationship a huge deal and move entire arcs on romance or, worse even, suspicions/affairs.
Stop worrying about it then.

Once it goes down that route, then you can complain.

I'm just happy Hero-Koshi does the whole slice of life thing now and again to develop the characters outside of just fights

lots of shonen battle manga does this. I can name about 4 or three new mangas and more old ones that do this. MHA, Katekyo Hitman reborn had some aspects of it but Tsuna started realizing Haru's feelings and started having developing some feelings for her in the last chapter, D.Grayman(actually like Lenelee tho) Black Clover(tbh its worse than MHA with its obvious Tsunadere ship smh) Bleach(self explanatory) Pokemon XY(god i almost atttacked my laptop and TV everytime Serena talks about her feelings for Ash like that ruined XY for me) Seven Deadly sins(damn near as worse as Black CLover)...now the worse 2...Sword Art Online(im feeling bloodlusted!!! next Fairy Tail( I need to take out my anger on something!!!0 Bruh like for real this stuff cant slide anymore lmao mangas that people are saying to be great all are having the same dumb cliche shippings like seriously bruh some of those mangas are my favorites ever but they just suffer from the cliche shipping. Fairy tail use to be a favorite of mine until i saw how much Hiro wanted the Lucy x Natsu, Sword Art Online was to me one of the best things ever untill literally the ship between Kirito and Asuna and i remember waiting all day for Toonami to air the first episode and remember counting down with Tom and SARA the previous weekends waiting for SAO to air.

Maybe its just me but honestly im tired of it falling on every new shonen and battle manga. It seems like Shonen Jump mangas get it the worst tho lol

because 9/10 of those manga you named are battle shonen, not romances

many authors have stated that romance is the last thing on their mind

so it's not surprising that they end up with cliche generic endings

the three core themes as stated by Jump themselves for battle manga

are

Friendship

effort

and victory

Back