• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #2

Any reason why we don't scale Todoroki's fire to his ice even though it's the same quirk? Apparently it use to be but was change, yet I can't find where this was discussed.

We should make a profile for High-End after the current fight; so probably after the next chapter.

We know Edgeshot is faster then sound, why can't we calc All For One dodging him to find out his speed like with Atomic Samurai who blitz someone faster then sound?

Obviously it won't be anywhere close to MHS+ but I think it could be higher then Supersonic+

It wouldn't necessarily give us a good value for his speed. You don't even need to be as fast as something to narrowly dodge it. You could throw a tennis ball at someone and though you may throw it at them faster than they can move, they'd probably still be able to turn their head slightly and avoid it.

It looks generally good but I think the bit about trying to scale her acid to Jiro's sound waves is unnecessary and irrelevant; there is nothing indicating that the potency of her acid is comparable of Jiro's sound waves in AP. Instead you can mention she melted through several reinforced balls harder than concrete.

EDIT: Also, the ratings from the Character Book are pretty irrelevant and shouldn't warrant mentioning on her profile.

There's nothing suggesting Aoyama's laser is comparable to Jiro's soundwaves either yet it's mentioned on his profile in his justification.

Understood with the character book. Also can someone list her weakness(es)?

Arrogant Schmuck said:
There's nothing suggesting Aoyama's laser is comparable to Jiro's soundwaves either yet it's mentioned on his profile in his justification.
Understood with the character book. Also can someone list her weakness(es)?
I know. That's why I don't like it being on Aoyama's page either. Scaling characters to each other based on opinion / conjecture and not actual feats is something I've been trying to remove from the profiles for a while.

And Mina's weakness would be that if she loses control of her Quirk then she risks damaging her own skin with her acid. That's about it for weaknesses I think.

Because the series is more realistic than most battle shonen since it at least tries to pretend it is set in the real world. That's why we don't have a load of pro heroes catching bullets or dodging lightning.

Damage3245 said:
Because the series is more realistic than most battle shonen since it at least tries to pretend it is set in the real world. That's why we don't have a load of pro heroes catching bullets or dodging lightning.
And all the students being blatantly Superhuman, with All Might being able to bust mountains isn't any more realistic? lol

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
What is with the theories that A.F.O. (All For One) is Izuku's dad? Didn't the author in a side-note say that his father is working overseas?
Have u also noticed that Shigaraki and Deku have the same shoes? and how All Might said that Inko reminds him of his late master? (hairstyle)

EDIT: still wanna see Invisibke girls face! I'm sure the reason why she's like that b/c the moment we see her, she's the most beautiful girl in the series 😂

VersusJunkie54 said:
And all the students being blatantly Superhuman, with All Might being able to bust mountains isn't any more realistic? lol
All Might's never destroyed a mountain in the series. (I know, the calc exists that puts him at mountain busting but in the series itself, All Might has never done anything that impressive)

And yeah, the students (and teachers) are all pretty superhuman but compare them to the average fighter in One Piece or Naruto and they're a lot less impressive.

well that's mostly because MHA is still a very young series in terms of Shonen battle manga and hasn't reached the point of power escalation.

Damage3245 said:
All Might's never destroyed a mountain in the series. (I know, the calc exists that puts him at mountain busting but in the series itself, All Might has never done anything that impressive)

And yeah, the students (and teachers) are all pretty superhuman but compare them to the average fighter in One Piece or Naruto and they're a lot less impressive.
Yeah, if it weren't for All Might's feat of drawing in that storm, the entire verse would get stomped by Nanatsu no Tazai fodders That being said, I've been having an itching feeling that the feat of All Might drawing in those clouds may have been exaggerated to some degree

The entire verse with uneqalized speed would still get stomped by Gilthunder.

And you're right, I think the storm feat is treated a little too seriously. Let's also remember that none of All Might's later displays of power ever conjured up that kind of storm. Not during the USJ Incident (understandably since they were indoors) or during the Kamino City incident.

And no other character (good guys or bad guys) has anywhere remotely near those levels of feats. Even All Might's and All For One's epic final clash only looking Multi-City Block level at best.

Shadowbokunohero said:
well that's mostly because MHA is still a very young series in terms of Shonen battle manga and hasn't reached the point of power escalation.
We already know the limits of the top heroes apart from All Might, so yeah this verse ain't getting much stronger.

-BANLK- said:
Shadowbokunohero said:
We already know the limits of the top heroes apart from All Might, so yeah this verse ain't getting much stronger.
thats what they said about Naruto when we saw Hiruzen vs Orochimaru

it's to early to say anything

Damage3245 said:
The entire verse with uneqalized speed would still get stomped by Gilthunder.
And you're right, I think the storm feat is treated a little too seriously. Let's also remember that none of All Might's later displays of power ever conjured up that kind of storm. Not during the USJ Incident (understandably since they were indoors) or during the Kamino City incident.

And no other character (good guys or bad guys) has anywhere remotely near those levels of feats. Even All Might's and All For One's epic final clash only looking Multi-City Block level at best.
I'm not saying the storm feat is invalid, and can't be used. Only that it is exxagerated.

I'll look into it and see if any downgrades would be warranted, if at all.

For one, I recall that the view of the horizon was obstructed by the city. It feels kind of wrong to assume that it stretched 14 kilometers.

The calc's former Low 7-B result seems far more likely.

Shadowbokunohero said:
-BANLK- said:
Shadowbokunohero said:
thats what they said about Naruto when we saw Hiruzen vs Orochimaru
it's to early to say anything
That, and wasn't there something about a "Quirk Singularity" where quirks begin to get so powerfull, that they'll be like walking disasters

That's essentially what Eri is. A grownup Eri in full control of her powers may be able to beat anybody in the series hypothetically.

The Quirk singularity will be interesting if Horikoshi develops the idea a bit more.

my predictions are that My Hero will cap out at Low 6-B to 6-B

I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the series a villain has a quirk "That can destroy all of Japan"

maybe, i just hope the power scaling stays mostly good, i really don't want a power creep

inb4 MHA pulls a Magi and we get 2-B All Might OVO

>Challenges All For One and One For All in terms of hax

How can such a quirk possibly exist!!

Yeah, mid to high end Low 6-B to low-end 6-B seem both like a good pick. More than that would feel like a stretch, though, wouldn't it?

And what would be the worst possibility... is the idea of One For All having seemingly no limits to how much it can get stronger with each generation. I'd really not tank the next generation of One For All contending with One Punch Man arc villains.

It challenges suspension of disbelief after a certain point and is a lazy way to make the audience get engaged since it's a lazy way to make a villain more dangerous. Especially Tier 5. People should take a lot more care than they do with Tier 5.

Back