• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Revisions Discussion

I know, but I'm the one who have to change all the profiles in the end anyway.

Not sure how to feel about this. Especially since we cannot see Ochaco in that panel so we've no way of telling if it's one of the cases of her narrowly-avoiding the blast again.

The panel being from a very zoomed out perspective doesn't help.

She is in front of Bakugou, and I put the whole picture in the introduction of the blog.

0036-013

Posting the page doesn't help; I've seen the page from your calc. I'm saying that panel doesn't offer us a great view of her tanking it.

Of course, when Bakugou uses his explosions against Uraraka, she goes to another dimension.

Damage3245 said:
Not sure how to feel about this. Especially since we cannot see Ochaco in that panel so we've no way of telling if it's one of the cases of her narrowly-avoiding the blast again.
The panel being from a very zoomed out perspective doesn't help.
How would she even avoid taking an explosion of that size to begin with? We don't see her anywhere else in the pannel. The only place she could be is in the explosion.

Fair enough, the calc seems usable as long as it is evaluated to be fine.

Though I do want to check, who exactly will recieve direct scaling from this feat and who will recieve general scaling?

And maybe when this has gone through we'll be able to look at revising Aizawa, Tomura and other profiles in need of revising?

If you ask me, fodder tier students like Mineta and Shinso should still be 9-B+. With students like Uraraka who've been established as below the likes of Deku, Bakugou, Todoroki, etc but are not the weakest should scale to this.

We could just change Shinso's AP explanation to "Should be able to harm Uraraka".

It doesn't make sense that a 9-B+ is capable of slightly damaging a 9-A+.

Shinso and the other students should be 9-A.

Therefir said:
It doesn't make sense that a 9-B+ is capable of slightly damaging a 9-A+.
Shinso and the other students should be 9-A.
Why doesn't it make sense exactly? A slight tier difference doesn't mean you're incapable of slightly harming someone; especially if that person doesn't have any special resistances or durability buffs against your attacks. I think you're sticking a little too strictly to the concept of the tiering system (and this is not me trying to be difficult or not understanding how scaling works).

I agree with Versus that certain students like Mineta, Shinso, Aoyama, etc. should remain at their currently level.

I don't think we can just claim that Shinso scales to Uraraka without proper justification.

No, you can't slightly hurt a being 50 times more durable than you, it would be like trying to punch a wall, but worse, you literally could break your bones.

Andytrenom said:
I don't think we can just claim that Shinso scales to Uraraka without proper justification.
If he can hurt Deku, I don't see the problem of scaling him to Uraraka.

Therefir said:
No, you can't slightly hurt a being 50 times more durable than, it would be like trying to punch a wall, but worse, you literally could break your fist.
Then I'd say you're possibly approaching this from the wrong direction then. Instead of Shinso being that powerful to hurt someone with that durability maybe you're overrating the durability of the person he's hitting.

During the Final Exams Arc, Deku punched All Might in the face in order to save Katsuki. Now, All Might is way more than 50 times more durable than Izuku but Izuku didn't break his arm horribly from that punch. Does this mean Izuku is comparable to All Might? No, I don't think so.

That battle is PIS, Bakugou's little explosions made All Might flinch -_-

And that doesn't answer how he can slightly hurt Deku, you can't hurt things over 50 times stronger than you.

Therefir said:
That battle is PIS, Bakugou's little explosions made All Might flinch -_-
And that doesn't answer how he can slightly hurt Deku, you can't hurt things over 50 times stronger than you.
Maybe Shinso hurting Deku then is PIS by that logic and it shouldn't be considered useful for his profile.

It's not PIS just because you say it.

Or do you really think that someone like Uraraka is much stronger Shinso?

Therefir said:
It's not PIS just because you say it.
Or do you really think that someone like Uraraka is much stronger Shinso?
That's kinda hilarious since you just dismissed the Bakugo vs. All Might fight as PIS.

I'm not saying Shinso hurting Izuku is PIS; I'm just not saying it's not as impressive sounding as it appears.

I don't think Uraraka is much stronger than Shinso (only a little stronger tbh).

EDIT: You also haven't said anything about Izuku being able to hit All Might without seriously hurting himself.

@Therefir ummm Are you implying that if Shinso hurting Izuku is PIS then...Uraraka has to be much stronger than Shinso?

Andytrenom said:
@Therefir ummm Are you implying that if Shinso hurting Izuku is PIS then...Uraraka has to be much stronger than Shinso?
What I'm saying is that Shinso slightly hurting Deku is consistent with Uraraka's durability feat.

You want to rate Shinso for being able to harm Uraraka correct? Well even if it is consistent, we can't rate him on something he has never done nor being implied to be able to do.

That is why "Should be" exist, and it's not implied that they are in different leagues of power or anything.

I think "Should be able to harm Uraraka" or "Should be somewhat comparable to Uraraka" should (×4) be fine.

"Should be" still requires good evidence for Shinsho being able to harm Uraraka. They don't have to be implied to be in different leagues of power for scaling to not happen. Evidence is needed to prove that two characters are comparable to each other and the reverse is not true.

The evidence is that he can hurt Izuku, therefore he should be able to hurt Uraraka, it's not that hard to understand.

The only way for that to be considered evidence is to take Sinsho hurting Izuku to the extent he did as a 9-A feat. In which case we don't even need to scale him to Uraraka.

If I recall correctly Izuku is rated at 9-A+ at the Sports Fest for tanking one of Katuski's explosions earlier during their fight, right? Well, I don't know if that explosion had been calced but let's assume for the moment that particular explosion was around 9-A.

Deku's arm was seriously damaged by that explosion; the damage Shinso did to Deku is tiny by comparison. Couldn't this balance out as Shinso being 9-B since he inflicted so little damage comparing to what Bakugo did to him?

@Andytrenom Hurting Uraraka.

@Damage3245 Izuku learned Full Cowl 5% one week later, since OFA doesn't increase durability, he should have 9-A+ durability in the Sport Fest.

One For All has to increase durability to some extent (just as not as much as the strenth it provides) otherwise several things from the series would make little sense. Unless you think All Might was born with Island level durability and it's just a coincidence that as the power of his Quirk diminished from his prime, that his durability diminished as well.

Izuku using Full Cowl in a later arc can't be compared to his base, powerless state during the Sports Fest fight.

Back