• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Revisions Discussion

Once again, it never happened so it's by definition not a feat, that's why it's best not to add as supporting feat.

Deku doesn't grow huge muscles like All Might when he uses One For All, and I can't understand what you mean with "All Might was born with Island level", he obviously trained to have that level of power.

Deku's OFA is clearly different from All Might's.

If OFA increased durability then he wouldn't lose it every time someone grievously hurt him.

I think the idea that someone in MHA could - through training alone - reach Island-level durability requires some evidence to support it.

"If OFA increased durability then he wouldn't lose it every time someone grievously hurt him."

Unless the increased durability is not proportional/equal to the increased strength.

Therefir said:
If OFA increased durability then he wouldn't lose it every time someone grievously hurt him.
Actually, I would like to argue against this. We have assumed that the damage done to Izuku comes from the reaction force of 100% attacks. But given the information we have from the series itself, it is more likely that the mere act of channeling One For All is what destroys Izuku's arms and not Newton's second law.

Edit: I...may have misread this reply.

@Damage3245 If the increased durability is not equal to his increases strength, he would break his arms with every punch (Like with 100%).

There are people who theorize that future OFA users, or even Deku could not use the 100% of their power. All Might was probably the "peak human" of the verse, or his OFA works differently.

@Andytrenom Deku used 100% against Nomu, and his arms didn't break because channeling his power.

He also channels OFA 100% on his finger and Aizawa stops him, but his arm wasn't broken.

That punch against nomu wasn't 100% iirc. That Aizawa thing I will get back to later.

Also, Base Deku withstood Dabi's fire, Gran Torino's casual attacks, All Might's New Hampshire smash, etc.

@Andytrenom Yeah... the anime probably exaggerated that.

Chapter 6.

Andytrenom said:
Actually, I would like to argue against this. We have assumed that the damage done to Izuku comes from the reaction force of 100% attacks. But given the information we have from the series itself, it is more likely that the mere act of channeling One For All is what destroys Izuku's arms and not Newton's second law.
That makes no sense at all, Izuku has channeled 100 Percent and not use it. If just activating 100 Percent hurt Izuku then he would never be able to throw a punch period.

Do you have any proof or statments that back that up?.

The anime I think changed a lot of details that matter to power indexing fans like us.

@Poin I may have chosen my words poorly, He doesn't destroy his arms the instant he channels his quirks like I seem to have implied. My belief is essentially that the damage done to Deku comes from inside and from the usage of the quirk itself as opposed to the reaction force of hitting something.

RIP 9-A students, at least Deku can be still baseline 9-A :|

The explosion formula uses the radius, not the diameter, I was using the diameter, but now using the radius, the feat is only 0.0048 tons, almost 9-A.

At least that result is more consistent with how the verse is rated currently. You can put it in Uraraka's profile.

EDIT: Does anyone want to go over Aizawa's rating?

I don't know what happened to it but that one still has problems IMO.

I don't think we can scale Shouta Aizawa to Yo Shindo to be honest.

Just like how we can't say that "Shinso should be able to hurt Uraraka", justifying Aizawa as building level by comparing him to a completely random character isn't good justification.

Damage3245 said:
I don't think we can scale Shouta Aizawa to Yo Shindo to be honest.
Just like how we can't say that "Shinso should be able to hurt Uraraka", justifying Aizawa as building level by comparing him to a completely random character isn't good justification.
Aizawa is a pro hero. Are you telling me he's weaker than a student? No, the powerscaling is perfectly fine.

We all know that Pro Heroes can vary vastly in strength. Some of the students are comfortably more powerful than a lot of Pro Heroes; examples being Izuku, Shoto, Bakugo, Inasa, Mirio, etc.

I am more than willing to accept Aizawa being weaker than some students.

I agree with Versus and Poinciana, according to the official character book, Aizawa is stronger than Stain.

Since a clone of Rappa was one-shotted by Sir Nighteye, Mirio, Chisaki and Deku 20% could scale from this feat.

@Poinciana1971 It was already calced at 0.56 tons.

I find Stain's AP to be a bit overrated as well. Disregarding him killing Pro Heroes (because we don't know who he killed), and disregarding Iida since he gets his durability scaling from Stain, Stain's two biggest feats are hurting Todoroki and Izuku.

Izuku he only inflicted a scratch on him I believe in order to use his Quirk so that's not a solid AP feat.

As for Todoroki, I don't remember him hurting Todorki except for a couple of thowing knives which can help against durability when characters don't have proper feats resisting them. (The damage one takes from resisting a shockwave is a bit different to be stabbed).

We do see Stain cutting up huge chunks of ice which could be Wall level or Small Building level. I just don't think we see him do anything that's actually Building level.

@Versus, your bluntness is as refreshing as always but unless you have anything worthwhile to contribute, don't bother.

VersusJunkie54 said:
If you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute that makes sense powerscaling wise, don't bother.
Just because my opinion is different to yours, doesn't make me wrong.

I think it's worth discussing these things. You can't make a blind empty statement like "Aizawa is a teacher, therefore he is stronger than or equal to all students." Tell me how that makes any sense.

(And no, I'm not saying you literally said that, I'm being hyperbolic for effect.)

I don't think we should rate AP off one of Rappa's clones and I really don't think Mirio should scale from 20% Izuku.

Chisaki could dodge Izuku because the latter's movements were stiff and predictable due to the pain he got from using it, not because Chisaki was faster.

Damage3245 said:
VersusJunkie54 said:
If you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute that makes sense powerscaling wise, don't bother.
Just because my opinion is different to yours, doesn't make me wrong.
I think it's worth discussing these things. You can't make a blind empty statement like "Aizawa is a teacher, therefore he is stronger than or equal to all students." Tell me how that makes any sense.
He is a Pro hero. Heroes that have years, even decades of experience using their quirks. Unless we're talking about students with High Tier quirks like Deku, Bakugou, Todoroki, Mirio, Pro Heroes will more often than not be stronger than students. If you're saying Aizawa should be on par with, or weaker than someone like Uraraka, that is a problem, and makes no sense. But if you were refering to the latter characters, I may be able to accept that.

Reppuzan, what are your thoughts on my objection to Stain's rating? As far as I can tell he doesn't have a solid Building-level feat, inflicted extremely minor damage on Izuku and only hurt Todorki with throwing knifes.

Reppuzan said:
I don't think we should rate AP off one of Rappa's clones and I really don't think Mirio should scale from 20% Izuku.
Chisaki could dodge Izuku because the latter's movements were stiff and predictable due to the pain he got from using it, not because Chisaki was faster.
I agree with this. Since Izuku beleived he could One-Shot Chisaki with a strike to the head, while Mirio was unable to do such a thing.

I agree with speed, it's a no-brainer.

VersusJunkie54 said:
He is a Pro hero. Heroes that have years, even decades of experience using their quirks. Unless we're talking about students with High Tier quirks like Deku, Bakugou, Todoroki, Mirio, Pro Heroes will more often than not be stronger than students. If you're saying Aizawa should be on par with, or weaker than someone like Uraraka, that is a problem, and makes no sense. But if you were refering to the latter characters, I may be able to accept that.
Do you not think that Yo Shindo has a High Tier Quirk? His Quirk is literally creating earthquakes; one of the most directly destructive Quirks we've seen in the series so far.

Saying Stain isn't 8-C is absurd when he took multiple 8-C attacks.

Izuku's punches, Iida's Recipro, and Todoroki's flames.

Damage3245 said:
Reppuzan, what are your thoughts on my objection to Stain's rating? As far as I can tell he doesn't have a solid Building-level feat, inflicted extremely minor damage on Izuku and only hurt Todorki with throwing knifes.
Thinking a little more on it, it could make some sense. Stain struggled heavily against individual students like Todoroki, and Deku. I'm pretty sure that if it weren't for Bloodcurdle, either one of them would've defeated Stain rather handily.

Poinciana1971 said:
Saying Stain isn't 8-C is absurd when he took multiple 8-C attacks.
Izuku's punches, Iida's Recipro, and Todoroki's flames.
I'm not talking about just his durability, I'm talking about his AP.

And after he took a punch from Izuku, a kick from Iida and a burst of Todoroki's flames he was out of the fight for several minutes until that Nomu arrived (and then he passed out straight after).

I think a 9-A or 9-A+ rating for Stain would be more consistent.

Damage3245 said:
VersusJunkie54 said:
Do you not think that Yo Shindo has a High Tier Quirk? His Quirk is literally creating earthquakes; one of the most directly destructive Quirks we've seen in the series so far.
That is true, however you're forgetting the durability Yo Shindo has from being able to withstand the aftershocks of his quirk. Aizawa should at the very least be comparable, if not superior. Since he is a Pro-Hero.

Back