• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Revisions Discussion

Maybe in durability, but in AP? Compared to Yo Shindo? I can't help but see a notable gap between the two of them.

And just saying "Because he's a Pro Hero" doesn't matter a whole lot. He's experienced but experience makes him a better fighter, not necessarily a tough one.

Aizawa's fairly strong but he doesn't have a lot of feats going for him for durability. He had to dodge Dabi's fire blast, he dodged almost every single one of the fodder villains in the USJ, he got absolutely stomped by Nomu (which is understandable), he was never hit by Todoroki in the Final Exams arc, and he hasn't really been seen in a fight outside of those.

Reppuzan said:
I don't think we should rate AP off one of Rappa's clones and I really don't think Mirio should scale from 20% Izuku.
As far as I remember, the clones that Twice made are not weaker than the person who was cloned, it's just that if they take too much damage, they fade.

Also, base Chisaki can withstand a 100% shockwave, that should be stronger than Fat Gum's ability.

Also, I feel like people forgot a durability feat earlier in the series where before learning Full Cowl, Izuku unleashed a punch strong enough to blow a bunch of villans away via a windstorm, and his arm didn't even have a scratch on it.

I wonder, how much power did he used there? I'm guessing 20%

Reppuzan said:
I don't think we should rate AP off one of Rappa's clones and I really don't think Mirio should scale from 20% Izuku.
Twice's clones are not weaker than the original, the problem with them is that they can't take the same amount of damage as the original.

Basically they can only take so much punishment before failing

Poinciana1971 said:
Stain stabbed both Todoroki and Iida, how the hell is he not 8-C. He also physically held down Izuku after saving him from the Nomu.
Iida gets his durability from Stain currently and stabbing/piercing weapons can overcome durability to a certain extent (a shockwave is fairly different to a stab). Someone that's 9-A+ with weapons could inflict minor damage on someone with 8-C durability. And Izuku wasn't using Full Cowl when he was on the ground from the looks of it.

Damage3245 said:
Poinciana1971 said:
Stain stabbed both Todoroki and Iida, how the hell is he not 8-C. He also physically held down Izuku after saving him from the Nomu.
Iida gets his durability from Stain currently and stabbing/piercing weapons can overcome durability to a certain extent (a shockwave is fairly different to a stab). And Izuku wasn't using Full Cowl when he was on the ground from the looks of it.
Damage has a point here actually. Stain was mainly damaging the students with a sword/knife. Those tend to overcome durability to an extent via lots of energy over a small contact area.

@Damage

I'm pretty sure that Stain planned on stabbing Izuku after paralyzing him until Todoroki arrived, but you have a point that Stain has no feats of dealing major damage aside from minor cuts.

@Therefir

That's exactly my point. The fact that Twice's clones can be beaten into paste means that their durability is unquantifiable.

Izuku at that point is noted as having Small Building level+ AP and Durability. Even if Stain could hurt him pretty well by stabbing him, I think it's more reasonable to rate Stain as Small Building level+ for that.

Reppuzan said:
@Damage
I'm pretty sure that Stain planned on stabbing Izuku after paralyzing him until Todoroki arrived, but you have a point that Stain has no feats of dealing major damage aside from minor cuts.
Minor cuts? Stain stabbed Todoroki and Iida in their arms how is that a minor cut? It was also stated that Stain was holding back against them as well.

@Reppuzan It is not that their durability is unquantifiable, they can still attack without damaging themself or vanishing.

What about Chisaki taking a 100% shockwave? That should be superior or at least comparable to Fat Gum's attack.

Poinciana1971 said:
Minor cuts? Stain stabbed Todoroki and Iida in their arms how is that a minor cut? It was also stated that Stain was holding back against them as well.
Iida's durability at the point has nothing proving it is Building level.

And yeah, those cuts on Torodoki are fairly minor; they're just two knives. A 9-A+ character can hurt an 8-C character with bladed weapons.

@Point

Good point.

@Therefir

I'm pretty sure that Sir Nighteye's weights hurt a lot less than Rappa's punches.

Sir Nighteye's weights left a crater more larger than the one Rappa made with Kirishima's body.

Therefir said:
@Reppuzan It is not that their durability is unquantifiable, they can still attack without damaging themself or vanishing.

What about Chisaki taking a 100% shockwave? That should be superior or at least comparable to Fat Gum's attack.
He was not hit directly by that shockwave.

That version of Izuku is a lot later than the Vs. Hero Killer Arc and he no doubt he better control over his Full Cowl (especially if he can go from 5% to 8%). It's already noted on his profile that he can vary from Small Building level+ to Building level.

None of the students had gotten any stronger, Aizawa himself said so. Also we're scaling Izuku from Jiro for some reason.. why?

Yet we're scaling Kirishima, Bakugo, Iida, and Todoroki from Yo.

Honestly the My Hero Academia profile are a mess with scaling. Izuku being 9-A while Kirishima, Iida, and Bakugo are 8-C makes no sense period.

I'm out because this is giving me a massive headache and I need to calm down.

Take a look at the different keys. Izuku is also being scaled from Yo Shindo. And I'm pretty sure Aizawa only said that about their Quirks at the beginning of the Forest Camp Training arc.

You're right though that Iida doesn't have a lot of reasons to be 8-C.

My suggestions after this discussion would be:

• Downgrade Stain's AP to 9-A+
  • Downgrade Aizawa's AP to 9-A+
  • Downgrade Iida's AP and Durability to 9-A+
  • Downgrade Tomura's AP and Durability to 9-A+
What are people's opinions on these suggestions?

Damage3245 said:
My suggestions after this discussion would be:
  • Downgrade Aizawa's AP to 9-A+
  • Downgrade Iida's AP and Durability to 9-A+
  • Downgrade Tomura's AP and Durability to 9-A+
What are people's opinions on these suggestions?
Stain seems to make sense, considering how much he struggled against three students.

I'm still iffy on this, as a restrained Aizawa was still able to give Todoroki a good challenge.

I suppose that's alright.

Depends on what we decide to do with Aizawa.

The problem is Aizawa was able to give Todoroki a good challenge by a complete snack attack that resulted in Todoroki being bound (not being harmed) and Aizawa's countermeasures against Todoroki... was to put caltrops on the ground.

If anything Aizawa putting up a challenge is due to his speed & surprise advantage (plus nullifying Todoroki's Quirk), not his AP or durability.

I disagree with this, Stain survived Todoroki's fire which is at least 0.40 tons, and he should be comparable to Yo Shindo in durability, and since Izuku and Iida can hurt him, they should be upgraded to 8-C, Stain can hurt them, so he should 8-C in AP, but unknown in striking strength.

Aizawa is stronger than Stain according to the official character book, and he should be comparable to Bakugou because they both have 4 in power.

Iida should be 8-C only when using Recipro Burst, but his durability should be 8-C because Recipro Burst doesn't increase durability.

Therefir said:
I disagree with this, Stain survived Todoroki's fire which is at least 0.40 tons, and he should be comparable to Yo Shindo in durability, and since Izuku and Iida can hurt him, they should be upgraded to 8-C, Stain can hurt them, so he should 8-C in AP, but unknown in striking strength.
Aizawa is stronger than Stain according to the official character book, and he should be comparable to Bakugou because they both have 4 in power.
Feats take priority over guidebooks and stuff though.

And wasn't Stain incapacitated by Todoroki's flames?

I know, but that guidebook shows that Aizawa is stronger than Stain, and that he is comparable to Bakugou physically.

Iida's kick broke Stain's ribs, and Deku also contributed to incapacitating him.

Also, Jiro is practically 8-C, they just need to be a bit superior to her to be 8-C.

Todoroki's fire output can vary in strength and doesn't have a single baseline value for all feats. Stain was not hit with a huge burst of flame and yet he was still incapacitated as he only moved later by sheer force of will and ended up passing out on his feet. If the output of Todoroki's fire for that attack was 9-A+ then it is consistent with everything else Stain is hit with.

Also, I do not see why 9-A+ characters cannot hurt a low-level 8-C character with a combo attack; I don't think Izuku and Iida should be upgraded for that.

And stop bringing up Yo Shindo for everything, he has nothing to do with Stain. There is no reason to compare unrelated characters like that.

Therefir said:
I disagree with this, Stain survived Todoroki's fire which is at least 0.40 tons
Wasn't the feat 4 tons? Or am I missing something here?

@Versus Okay then

@Damage Shouto's feat was a very casual one, it definitely scales to the attack he used on Stain.

Andytrenom said:
@Versus Okay then
@Damage Shouto's feat was a very casual one, it definitely scales to the attack he used on Stain.
That would still only affect the rating for Stain's durability, not his AP.

Andytrenom said:
Your argument that I responded to was about durability not AP.
Right, but my original suggestion was:

Do you have a problem with that suggestion?

None at the moment, but then again I haven't really taken the time to analyze your suggestion yet.

Since Stain's durability was accepted, I will upgrade Deku and Iida to 8-C.

Therefir said:
Since Stain's durability was accepted, I will upgrade Deku and Iida to 8-C.
I thought we just established in this thread (thanks to Versus for mentioning it) than 9-A+ characters can hurt 8-C characters? No upgrade is necessary.

Also, this is the feat in questio. Not only was it not a large fire blast, but Stain only caught the edge of the fire blast and it was enough to take him out of the fight along with Iida kicking him. I'm doubting that he took 8-C amount of damage.

Back