• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Revisions Discussion

@Versus

If I remember correctly, the calc for Delaware Detroit Smash still supports High 8-C.

I figured as much... it must have gotten taken down during the Narutoforums rehaul.

I'm iffy on that calc. It doesn't make a ton of sense for the Delaware Detroit smash to be that low into High 8-C. Well.... then again Deku's arm had already been reduced to practically nothing by that point.

Therefir said:
We can scale Deku 100%, Muscular, Todoroki's maximum fire and Monster Chisaki from this feat.
Only part of that crater is made by Deku.

Most of it was made by the combo move of Team Ryukyu.

Since this is the current MHA revisions thread: Tomura Shigaraki's stats.

I went over in my Uraraka thread why she shouldn't have Building level durability and that was accepted. For the same reason, Tomura should be downgraded to Small Building level. The explosion he took from Bakugo is not one of Bakugo's powerful building-level explosions. It can't be used as justification for his current rating.

Likewise, it is too generous to say he fought on par with Aizawa. The only damage he inflicted was with his Quirk which is noted to bypass durability. And we all know that him being the 'leader of the League of Villains' is not justification for being comparable to its members.

The reasoning for Uraraka is that Uraraka dodged it and expected them, and maybe Bakugo wasn't fully serious in order to not kill her. None of the two happened with Shigaraki, so he scales.

TriforcePower1 said:
The reasoning for Uraraka is that Uraraka dodged it and expected them, and maybe Bakugo wasn't fully serious in order to not kill her. None of the two happened with Shigaraki, so he scales.
No, part of the reasoning is that none of the explosions Uraraka barely dodged were Building level, and they weren't.

Bakugou didn't use a Building-level explosion on Shigaraki (unless you'd like to calc it) and you can't prove killing intent just in that one attack. All he did was make an explosion at close range that staggered Shigaraki and knocked his hand-mask off. Bakugou even thinks to himself that though he'd like use a max-power explosion to blast them all away, he couldn't because of Kurogiri's presence. Therefore the attack he used was nowhere near his max power.

All Bakugou's serious explosions are Building level, because they are far superior to Hatsume's feat (She can withstand a 0.13 tons explosion without any injury).

Putting Shigaraki at the same level of Hatsume is downplaying and stupid.

Therefir said:
All Bakugou's serious explosions are Building level, because they are far superior to Hatsume's feat (She can withstand a 0.13 tons explosion without any injury).
I have to agree with Therefir here. Shigaraki fought evenly against Eraserhead

Therefir said:
It's not downplaying if he doesn't have the feats for it. Just saying "It's stupid" isn't a good reason.

And trying to link a completely unrelated incident with Hatsume to Bakugou's basic explosions is bogus. There is no direct link. Her feat has nothing to do with Bakugou.

I'm not making an appeal to the 'AOE fallacy' here but have you actually compared Bakugou's explosion against Tomura to the explosion that Hatsume tanked?

VersusJunkie54 said:
Did you ignore my post where him fighting with Eraser Head isn't a justification for his AP? The damage he inflicted on Eraser Head was through his Quirk which is noted to bypass durability.

Damage3245 said:
VersusJunkie54 said:
Did you ignore my post where him fighting with Eraser Head isn't a justification for his AP? The damage he inflicted on Eraser Head was through his Quirk which is noted to bypass durability.
What are you talking about? Shigaraki was barely affected by an elbow strike from Eraserhead.

I don't care if it's an unrelated incident, fodder villians in My hero academia are one-shotted by Bakugou's casual explosions, and they should be at the very least comparable to Hatsume.

Shota Aizawa's justification for his AP is also severely lacking for the moment since there is no direct scaling, calcs or feats being used. If Aizawa elbow-striking Shigaraki is going to be used as an example of Building-level durability, then I think Aizawa's AP needs more solid justification to it.

> I don't care if it's an unrelated incident, fodder villians in My hero academia are one-shotted by Bakugou's casual explosions, and they should be at the very least comparable to Hatsume.

And? What does that have to do with Tomura? You've not provided evidence that the explosion Bakugou used on Tomura is as powerful as the one that Hatsume tanked, so I don't see the reason why you're rating Tomura's durability so much higher than hers.

Aizawa was keeping up with Todoroki even when restrained. Tomura is able to blitz many of the students.

Damage, I'm starting to think you don't understand how powerscaling works.

man i do not know where this scaling for Tomura comes from lol. He has almost no feats but he can blitz people like Deku lol

VersusJunkie54 said:
Aizawa was keeping up with Todoroki even when restrained. Tomura is able to blitz many of the students.
Please, for the love of God, don't go down that route. We've already been over this before that you should not be insulting me to try and make your point.

"Aizawa was keeping up with Todoroki even when restrained."

As far as I remember, Aizawa captured Todoroki in his Capturing Weapon and put down caltrops on the ground. Not an AP feat - and if it was, it needs to be mentioned on his profile.

"Tomura is able to blitz many of the students."

Not I didn't complain about the justification for Tomura's speed rating once in my posts. That's irrelevant to what I'm talking about.

I already proved it, Shigaraki was unharmed by Bakugou's serious explosions >> Bakugou's casual explosions >>> fodder villains > Hatsume > 9-A+ explosions.

Therefir said:
I already proved it, Shigaraki was unharmed by Bakugou's serious explosions >> Bakugou's casual explosions >>> fodder villains > Hatsume > 9-A+ explosions.
The explosion he used against Tomura was not one of Bakugou's serious explosions. That's where your argument falls apart.

I have also discovered a major flaw with your calc. The door wasn't destroyed by that explosion. Can't believe it took me this long to notice.

Damage3245 said:
VersusJunkie54 said:
Please, for the love of God, don't go down that route. We've already been over this before that you should not be insulting me to try and make your point.
"Aizawa was keeping up with Todoroki even when restrained."

As far as I remember, Aizawa captured Todoroki in his Capturing Weapon and put down caltrops on the ground. Not an AP feat - and if it was, it needs to be mentioned on his profile.

"Tomura is able to blitz many of the students."

Not I didn't complain about the justification for Tomura's speed rating once in my posts. That's irrelevant to what I'm talking about.
It's not an insult, I am being blunt. Don't be so sensitive. Tomura is easily comparable to pro heroes like Aizawa, and can take hits from him. There's no reason to think Shigaraki is below the likes of Shinso. That is just ridiculous.

You really think that only Bakugou's strongest explosions are 8-C? You really don't understand how power scaling works, I can understand now why you downgraded Uraraka's durability.

Oof

You're right, in others panel you can see how the door is still there... well, I suppose I just going to calc the size of the explosion...

9-B/9-A MHA all over again.

It's okay for that to happen if that is the case. The series is ongoing and there will always be more calcs and feats in the future. I'm surprised I never noticed the door not being destroyed either.

Yeah, Damage is correct here.

I hope something good comes out of the oncoming arc with that weird Nomu at the end of the recent chapter ovo

But um yeah Bakugou got a 8-B calc from the first one ( tho it isn't from here) obviously not useable but hey it exists lol

It may not be desireable, but that does help fix the discrepancy in the scaling I kept noticing.

Back