• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

And to top it off. Hori's comment for this week's chapter was a promise to conclude stuff quickly 🙃

I'm curious about the transonic translation. It's a very iffy territory in Japanese since super speed (or high speed) and supersonic etc often get conflated. I wonder why transonic was the conclusion here. Personally, I think the point is that he's breaking the sound barrier, but time will show.

And to top it off. Hori's comment for this week's chapter was a promise to conclude stuff quickly 🙃

I'm curious about the transonic translation. It's a very iffy territory in Japanese since super speed (or high speed) and supersonic etc often get conflated. I wonder why transonic was the conclusion here. Personally, I think the point is that he's breaking the sound barrier, but time will show.
he said that in the next volume(39) he will conclude almost all battlefields so i think mha will end either on volume 40 or 41

Horikoshi needs to take like a whole month break. These chapters have been hot ass and it’s likely because of his incredibly stressful schedule. If he takes just a long break we should be good
Hot ass?

Nah, I think you just lack media literacy. My guy really expected Dabi to live for another twenty more chapters. Someone educate this man on how storytelling works.

Hot ass? What's 'hot ass' is the shit you just typed out rn. Never touch ya ******* keyboard again.

h3jZm4F.jpg

what would deku's profile be like currently?
In the end, did they give you the physics modification or something like that?
Vector and physics manipulation (can speed up and slow down inanimate objects and bend the law of physics with his smashes)
Aura (the fa jin energy is visible)
Statistic deduction (can slow down others)
Limited biological manipulation

These are the abilities he showcased this far, but Physics manipulation might just be a hyperbole since it's just a statement so far.

Can Shigaraki survive head destruction?

Since he grew a new head from his torso after overcoming AFO and his original head withered, do you think he can survive the new hear getting destroyed as well?

he said that in the next volume(39) he will conclude almost all battlefields so i think mha will end either on volume 40 or 41
The final volume will probably be Deku vs Shiggy and All Might vs AFO then probably AFO vs Shiggy or a 3-way battle or all the remaining heroes ganging up on either AFO or Shiggy or both.

Looks like after the current chapter, next on the list is Ochako vs Toga which at minimum will be 3 chapters maybe 4.

I only see Aoyama getting 1 chapter vs Kunieda. 2 at most.

Same for Sero. Hori talked about his moment so probably 1 chapter focused on their battlefield.

Momo, Kaminari, etc might each get a moment considering out of all of 1A, they are the 2 prominent characters who haven't done much in the final war at least in comparison to their contributions in the first war arc.

The Aizawa-Kurogiri-Present Mic storyline might also get 1 or 2 chapters (heck we don't even know where they went).

I'm still holding out hope for Iida vs someone like Gashly now that he got separated from Shoto.

Nah, I think you just lack media literacy. My guy really expected Dabi to live for another twenty more chapters. Someone educate this man on how storytelling works.
Literally never said anything abt wanting Dabi to live longer but keep going with ur room temperature IQ

Chapter was simply extremely underwhelming. Maybe we’ll see when the official translations come out if my thoughts change

Hot take I don't really mind the ending that much, felt like it was the best way the Todofam plot line would wrap up given the state of the manga. That said, yes it was quite rushed and the events that preceded it were also nonsensical but hey at least it's finally over.

The only part that I was let down by is Iida. He was basically a plot device in order get Shouto to finish off Dabi. He had a lot of promise at the beginning of the story which makes it so sad that his character ended up like this. One would think he'd at least have an interaction with hero killer Stain at some point in the story, if not in the final arc. But alas, Hori tore that guy to shreds and I'd always see him as a discount Ingenium considering his brother was a much better character in the spin-off manga. Dead food.

Literally never said anything abt wanting Dabi to live longer but keep going with ur room temperature IQ

Chapter was simply extremely underwhelming. Maybe we’ll see when the official translations come out if my thoughts change
Gonna post this every time I see someone say dumb shit here

ZS7dZ2C.png

Can Shigaraki survive head destruction?

Since he grew a new head from his torso after overcoming AFO and his original head withered, do you think he can survive the new hear getting destroyed as well?
Shigaraki did some sort of molting.

It might be possible for him to have grown to the point of surviving the destruction of his head, but right now I don't believe there is enough evidence to conclude that it's the case.

Shigaraki did some sort of molting.

It might be possible for him to have grown to the point of surviving the destruction of his head, but right now I don't believe there is enough evidence to conclude that it's the case.
I kinda wish Hori kept the old head and the heads of his family instead of having them molt. I would have loved to see then grow into some type of clones/avatars or something.

We do see that the Kotaro head had some type of awareness when it locked eyes with Nana's vestige.

Iida only reached “mach 1” towards the end, yet he was making shockwaves while flying. So in Horokoshi eyes you don’t have to be FTS to make shockwaves?

Reminder that it's a fanTL so we need to spoiler stuff until officials comes out.

On topic, most times shockwaves are just put there by artists to make stuff look impactful, not really to indicate Mach speeds. Even delinquent comics have those though they clearly aren't that fast.

With that said, this isn't necessarily the case for MHA, as a lot of shockwaves drawn in it look close to actual sonic booms. But it is what it is.

Reminder that it's a fanTL so we need to spoiler stuff until officials comes out.

On topic, most times shockwaves are just put there by artists to make stuff look impactful, not really to indicate Mach speeds. Even delinquent comics have those though they clearly aren't that fast.

With that said, this isn't necessarily the case for MHA, as a lot of shockwaves drawn in it look close to actual sonic booms. But it is what it is.
But apparently iida was slower than sound making these shockwaves, so does that mean “these shockwaves” can be made while slower than sound?

JJK Verse:
I wasn't able to follow the whole JJK Speed Saga, but looking at the profiles still being at Hypersonic to Massively Hypersonic, I don't think they followed Gege's speed statements at all.

Considering MHA has like several dozen times more speed calculations than JJK, this isn't really gonna change anything.

But apparently iida was slower than sound making these shockwaves, so does that mean “these shockwaves” can be made while slower than sound?
Yes. In other words, those shockwaves are just impact boom-booms that don't indicate mach speeds, at least from Horikoshi's perspective.

I wasn't able to follow the whole JJK Speed Saga, but looking at the profiles still being at Hypersonic to Massively Hypersonic, I don't think they followed Gege's speed statements at all.
Still to this day can't find any calc for half the cast being High 7-C or MHS+ speed for the god tiers. God, JJK's and CSM's profiles are in serious need of maintenance for how popular of a series they are

Seems like they might have more than 2 speed calcs but only 2 was listed on the site.

Idk what their supporters are doing tbh, maybe they all got tired arguing in the forum and forgot fixing up the verse page.

Back