• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

How does what i said make me have a non fan energy? I only pointed out the fact that the attention any todoroki related chapter get far exceed the main plot.

So do tell earthy. How does me not being blind to an obvious fact make me have a non fan energy?
Because there's been plenty of other content outside of the Todoroki subplot which has been peak MHA so far for this arc. You literally have tunnel vision.

Nah, neither are actually very good. The only reason why the TodoFam plotline feels good is because the rest of the story is just bad.
ZS7dZ2C.png

Because there's been plenty of other content outside of the Todoroki subplot which has been peak MHA so far for this arc. You literally have tunnel vision.
Name them? Their is a reason on why people still think todo fam plot >> main plot. I would love to see you bring a sub plot that started earlier on in the series and have gotten the attention that shoto plot has gotten.

No matter how you try not to see it or debunk me, their will always be a different between Things are already good and things that had potential to be good. Just like the racism plot.

Last edited:
Are even regular citizens superhuman as well? like it should be known that Todoroki family >>>> Endeavor sidekicks. Idc if they have ice powers like the family should already be dead getting up close to molten fire

Are even regular citizens superhuman as well? like it should be known that Todoroki family >>>> Endeavor sidekicks. Idc if they have ice powers like the family should already be dead getting up close to molten fire
Todo fam has a powerful ice quirk from a very power bloodline and for all we know people like fuyumi could have resistance to fire to some extent.

There's also the fact that rei quirk seems/is more powerful than enji given that her genes kinda dominate his. I don't find what is currently happening a questionable feat.

Todo fam has a powerful ice quirk from a very power bloodline and for all we know people like fuyumi could have resistance to fire to some extent.

There's also the fact that rei quirk seems/is more powerful than enji given that her genes kinda dominate his. I don't find what is currently happening a questionable feat.
Still sus they are able to last more than a few seconds against Dabi and Endeavor's intense heat despite not even training a single day like Enji's helpers.

Also, the last part is just headcanon. There is no reason to believe Rei's quirk is superior to his because he's managed to hone in his strengths and talent to become super strong.

The plot just bends reality and allows literal civilians to survive inside a massive heat sphere even though it can melt robots.
Just don't think too hard about it.

Still sus they are able to last more than a few seconds against Dabi and Endeavor's intense heat despite not even training a single day like Enji's helpers.

Also, the last part is just headcanon. There is no reason to believe Rei's quirk is superior to his because he's managed to hone in his strengths and talent to become super strong.
The last part isn't technically headcannon, it's just real life biology. It is very much possible for a parent genes to dominate the other. Rei genes came from an incest groupy filled with ice users as stated in the last chapter.

Honestly, take a look at how insane geten and shoto ice quirk aoe is and how rei genetic seems to dominate their children looks and quirks.

The only reason endeavor come off as the superior one here is due to training and quirk being related to physics.

With the instant flashback we should all be used to by now, it basically already tells the reader in their face that the Himura clan simply have strong eugenics incest powered ice Quirks and Enji specifically married her for that. It greatly complements the previous Todoroki Family chapters anyways so I don't have any real complaints about the "reveal".

Enji could've just married anyone with an ice quirk, but he was clearly looking for someone who could at least complement the potential of his fire quirk.

With the instant flashback we should all be used to by now, it basically already tells the reader in their face that the Himura clan simply have strong eugenics incest powered ice Quirks and Enji specifically married her for that. It greatly complements the previous Todoroki Family chapters anyways so I don't have any real complaints about the "reveal".
It's honestly kind of... unsettling how Horikoshi went down that route. Didn't expect him to go for the Hyuga route.

Enji could've just married anyone with an ice quirk, but he was clearly looking for someone who could at least complement the potential of his fire quirk.
what do you mean strong eugenics incest powered quirk?

It's disturbing, but it makes sense. In order to get the strongest specific quirk, you'd have to produce offspring within that group.
Simultaneously, it's pretty reminiscent of how royalty has intermingled throughout history to keep their bloodline "pure".

But enough of that... I'm SUPAH curious about what Dabi's conclusion is going to be.

I would like to see what the Japanese royal family would look like within the world of MHA especially if they continued the same, "marry among royalty or get your name struck or from the family" that they do to this day.

I remember I had fanfiction about Ryukyu being part of the royal family and basically all of them having dragon transformation quirks especially since dragons are associated with royalty in the east.

Another cool chapter done by hk, and it dropped at the perfect timing (mother's day).

Now it obvious that everything that is currently happening is being set up for shoto big return. Now, i wonder what shoto reaction is gonna be seeing his mom getting burned by dabi.

Lida is likely not gonna be doing anything here once he and shoto gets to gunga. Unless shoto has a way of protecting lida from dabi intense heat, lida is just gonna have to stay at a safe distance and maybe help the evacuation team.

Am still curious on how dabi is gonna survive here since dude looks darker than a coal lol. The only way i see dabi surviving here is if shoto power awakens and he has some form of healing or regenerating power or phosphor already has that kind of ability as a side effect since natural ice and fire has healing property.

Another thing am curious about is how people think class 1a tier will end once this arc end. I for one have always seen it like this:

Deku >>> Shoto > Bakugo >> Tokoyami >> Ashido > ochako.

Edit: Also, this feels like a culmination of Iida’s story to be fast enough let Shoto save his older brother, as he wasn’t able to save his own.

I wonder what match Hori will go to next once the Dabi stuff concludes.

I hope next he just focuses on either Ochako's fight or All Might's fight from beginning to end with no POV switch. .

Or other side character fights like Aoyama.

And when we finally get to Deku vs Shiggy, I hope there aren't any cuts and random switches.

Another short chapter. Hopefully since next chapter seems to be the climax, it ends up being longer.
I don't know how to calc Iida's speed, he has travelled for what, maybe 5 minutes or less, depending on how long everything took. I don't think he is getting anything beyond hypersonic especially since he also has Shoto's help by creating the ice jet.

He's gonna need a power-up other than Turbo if he is ever gonna surpass his current rating.

Another short chapter. Hopefully since next chapter seems to be the climax, it ends up being longer.
I don't know how to calc Iida's speed, he has travelled for what, maybe 5 minutes or less, depending on how long everything took. I don't think he is getting anything beyond hypersonic especially since he also has Shoto's help by creating the ice jet.

He's gonna need a power-up other than Turbo if he is ever gonna surpass his current rating.
I think we might not even get a chapter next week lol. From the last panel that i saw, it looks like it's shoto phosphor jet doing all the work and not lida.

This week's panels are exceptionally nice and detailed, Horikoshi's boundless talent continues to show, but the chapter was still quite short, in the sense that the story didn't really continue.

I still think Hori should take a big break, the current pace of 11 pages per week is hurting the story.

I'm envious of those who simply wait for the manga to be finished to read the whole thing, no doubt they will enjoy the story like none of us.

Back