• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I remember we once use this graph to estimate how much stronger prime is compared to weakened, wonder if the number would still make sense after the recent chapters

Fj2QAjmWAAAMJa7
Imagine seeing that in a dark alleyway, late at night.

Naruto treats its females terribly. Kishimoto has even gone on record saying he doesn’t write female characters that well (or something to that affect)

Bleach has generally a pretty strong, diverse and female cast tbh. Kubo did aight on that for the most part.

MHA in the part of having an aight female cast. It’s not great and could certainly use more development and have more moments of spotlight being on the female characters rather than away from them (Mina) but it’s fine for what it is and for the female characters focused on.

People are probably just more so comparing it to how say Jujutsu Kaisen treats its female characters. Which is fantastic by the way. Gege’s no slouch there.
Meanwhile Fairy Tail :cool:

what's happening to all for one currently?

i know about the eri quirk thing but what else is happening to him?
Nothing else. He just got Rewinded to his Prime but that's it so far. It's not like we have actually seen him fight in this state so far since the POV shifted to Deku then Shoji after AFO recovered.

Season 6 episode 12 ends with Mr. Compress getting ready for his final performance.

A fine episode, though some moments were just weird for me. We got some small Burnin action, nice to see how she uses her Quirk in battle. But they showed Mirio saving her, so the big shock moment happens there. Mirio smacking away the Near High-Ends looks fine.

While I'd prefer to keep the rainbow color, I still love how Bakugo's Cluster looks in the anime. Glad to see they're making it visually different like the manga did.

Dabi looks like he has a Dragon Ball Super aura around him when using his fire. We see more of the fight between Dabi and Shoto actually, visually there isn't much going on but I'm a sucker for flashy effects. Also there's just some great moments between them, Dabi's voice actor is killing it.

There are some weird changes in the anime. For some reason Mirio is capable of physically pushing back the Near High-End with his punch and he even forced open the Nomu's hand when he passed through it. It was animated way too good for some reason and made him look insanely strong.

In fact the big shockwave the Nomu made was removed, instead Mirio did that by punching the Nomu. Which did nothing to the Nomu in the manga. I'm not hating on it nor am I displeased, I just don't understand. Glad to see Mirio get a cool moment all the same. It's just weird to have him say they're powerful as he's overpowering them.

Also when he saved Burnin he broke the teeth of the Near High-End when he attacked it. Anime Mirio is easily 7-A+.

Endeavor's punch to Machia was done good. The anime had his punch visually effect Machia more than in the manga. Endeavor's attack knocked off pieces of Machia's body, which wasn't a thing in the manga. Macha also lost some parts of his body when struggling against Jeanist.

Yeah his struggle didn't carry the same power that the manga shots did. I couldn't really feel Machia or Jeanist struggling to overpower the other.

Nejire getting burned wasn't done as well as in the manga, in fact the flames that hit her looks really mild. The pose Dabi makes after he burned Nejire would obviously not look as good as it did in the manga with the warping panels, but the voice actor's deranged laughing is so good.

Ignoring Nejire getting burnt being weak, that shot was still very creepy. Feel like Jeanist is bleeding more in the anime than he did in the manga, maybe I didn't notice when it was black and white but Jeanist is almost coughing up blood constantly. His eyes even start becoming very bloodshot.

Regardless it was still entertaining to me and I enjoyed it all. I didn't really have all of these thoughts while watching the episode, I just enjoyed it while in the moment.

Last edited:
It's a fine adaptation, just obvious that it suffered compared to previous episodes because of the clusterfuck of action scenes they had to adapt.

I really think MHA's real problem isn't the animation (though it is rough at times) but the impact frames. Deku's Wyoming Smash spam on Shigaraki had fluid animation, it just didn't feel strong.

Overall, I don't wanna list all my observations, complaints or otherwise. It was a fine episode, and everyone was jacked by the anime.

I really think MHA's real problem isn't the animation (though it is rough at times) but the impact frames. Deku's Wyoming Smash spam on Shigaraki had fluid animation, it just didn't feel strong.
Honestly this so much. A lot of anime struggle with good impact frames, even big ones like Naruto and Bleach (Old) sometimes fail to carry a sense of impact.

Even if something has fluid animation, if the hits don't feel powerful it just becomes really off.

Checking out some manga panels and there's some good shots from both series. But I think MHA is more noticeable since out of them all I personally believe Horikoshi really captures how heavy an impact/attack can be more than any other series I've seen. If I rated this episode it'd be good but lacking any really impactful shots.

Izuku's 100% smash barrage in the manga felt heavy with every hit. Machia struggling against Jeanist's cables felt like it had more weight.

There are some weird changes in the anime. For some reason Mirio is capable of physically pushing back the Near High-End with his punch and he even forced open the Nomu's hand when he passed through it. It was animated way too good for some reason and made him look insanely strong.

In fact the big shockwave the Nomu made was removed, instead Mirio did that by punching the Nomu. Which did nothing to the Nomu in the manga. I'm not hating on it nor am I displeased, I just don't understand. Glad to see Mirio get a cool moment all the same. It's just weird to have him say they're powerful as he's overpowering them.

Also when he saved Burnin he broke the teeth of the Near High-End when he attacked it. Anime Mirio is easily 7-A+.

Endeavor's punch to Machia was done good. The anime had his punch visually effect Machia more than in the manga. Endeavor's attack knocked off pieces of Machia's body, which wasn't a thing in the manga. Macha also lost some parts of his body when struggling against Jeanist.
It’s interesting to me that the mha anime likes to really exaggerate how strong characters are.

We’ve seen it with some of Bakugo’s explosions being made bigger, certain hits get exaggerated to look harder or characters are portrayed faster than they are. I suppose it’s rule of cool but it’s really weird sometimes like with Mirio physically overpowering a Nomu that has a physical enhancer or Shigaraki running around like a speedster in Deika.

Shiggy was supposed to run like a speedster even in the manga though IIRC, even if the anime extended the scene. Same with Toga. They primarily have no enhancing quirks, so they get Charles Atlas superpowers.

Back