• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Rereading the manga chapters, Todoroki was hit, but not sure about Nejire I think she just got grazed.

Durability upgrade?
Machia wasn't attacking, his hand hit Shigaraki dead on and obviously he wouldn't be attempting to attack him. He was just getting Shigaraki, and the strength of that move was enough to blow Todoroki and Nejire back. Nejire was actually bleeding in the manga.

That's why we didn't use it as any durability justification for anyone.

Bruh RN:
images

Machia wasn't attacking, his hand hit Shigaraki dead on and obviously he wouldn't be attempting to attack him. He was just getting Shigaraki, and the strength of that move was enough to blow Todoroki and Nejire back. Nejire was actually bleeding in the manga.

That's why we didn't use it as any durability justification for anyone.
What about Nejire getting hit by Dabi?

What about Nejire getting hit by Dabi?
Doesn't count, explained this already.

His attack didn't carry any force and engulfed her. If his attack carried actual force it'd move her and even send her flying back, but this just acted like normal fire. Fire ignores durability by burning and that's what happened to her. Some also think she used her Quirk to protect herself from his attack as well.

Doesn't count, explained this already.

His attack didn't carry any force and engulfed her. If his attack carried actual force it'd move her and even send her flying back, but this just acted like normal fire. Some also think she used her Quirk to protect herself from his attack as well.
Oh OK 👍

I remembered Endeavor was 8-B for the longest time since yall couldn't agree whether his fire attack carries force or not

I remembered Endeavor was 8-B for the longest time since yall couldn't agree whether his fire attack carries force or not
That's not why he was 8-B.

He was 8-B because that was his calculated strength with Hellflame and Hood had an High 8-C+ or 8-B calc as well.

MHA will get nothing but criticism from western and Japanese fans alike, fairly or not, especially Western fans. I saw a whole video about how MHA is sexist with over 500k views and that shit just blew my mind.

I watched some of it, I remember one of the arguments as to why the show is sexist is because of Momo's hero suit compared to Mirio's. His suit works with his quirk, and Momo doesn't have one that works with hers, rather, Horikoshi could've given her a suit that covered her up more while still working with her quirk. Id assume she wants objects to just phase through her clothes.

Idk how MHA would be sexist considering how many strong female characters the manga has but oh well 🤷‍♂️

MHA will get nothing but criticism from western and Japanese fans alike, fairly or not, especially Western fans. I saw a whole video about how MHA is sexist with over 500k views and that shit just blew my mind.

I watched some of it, I remember one of the arguments as to why the show is sexist is because of Momo's hero suit compared to Mirio's. His suit works with his quirk, and Momo doesn't have one that works with hers, rather, Horikoshi could've given her a suit that covered her up more while still working with her quirk. Id assume she wants objects to just phase through her clothes.

Idk how MHA would be sexist considering how many strong female characters the manga has but oh well 🤷‍♂️
I've been saying this for the longest, people just love to have a hate boner for mha.

Even on this site too.
Y'all still didn't get your git back for Bleach goons slandering y'all in that one thread involving Uncle Grandpa.

I'm already on my knees praying Horikoshi gives Ochako a quirk awakening. Hori gave some of the students some cool powers then nerfed them to high heaven.

Ochako (gravity), Kaminari (electricity), and even Aoyama/Hagakure with their light powers aren't living up to their full potential.
As much as I want Ochako to be strong as shit, idk how theyd buff her without making her quirk completely broken. Its pretty balanced right now, for what its worth, but anyone with the ability to move while airborne effectively counters her. They could make it so everything within a certain radius she touches gets hit with her quirk, of course simply increasing her upward limit would be good as well. If she evolved from having to touch something and just give her an AoE then she could be quite the menace.

With that being said, I would like to see Ochako Almighty Push someone.

As much as I want Ochako to be strong as shit, idk how theyd buff her without making her quirk completely broken. Its pretty balanced right now, for what its worth, but anyone with the ability to move while airborne effectively counters her. They could make it so everything within a certain radius she touches gets hit with her quirk, of course simply increasing her upward limit would be good as well. If she evolved from having to touch something and just give her an AoE then she could be quite the menace.

With that being said, I would like to see Ochako Almighty Push someone.
I will not be satisfied until Ochako obliterates an entire sad man’s parade with a wave of her hand

Back