• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

maybe that will inspire horikoshi, I heard that the anime inspired horikoshi with some endeavor powers, for example
Good, Deku using Blackwhip + Fa Jin to make weapon constructs beyond Black Chain would be badass.

Like, using the Black Axe to cut through stuff, or Black Spear, or even a Black Sword would be so coo- aaaaand now he’s sword fighting Asta, great.

fortnite-harvesting-tool-blackwhip-axe.jpg

HOLY SHIT IT GOES HARD!!

Good, Deku using Blackwhip + Fa Jin to make weapon constructs beyond Black Chain would be badass.

Like, using the Black Axe to cut through stuff, or Black Spear, or even a Black Sword would be so coo- aaaaand now he’s sword fighting Asta, great.
How does Fa Jin help him in making weapons with Blackwhip lol

How does Fa Jin help him in making weapons with Blackwhip lol
Black Chain.

The concept I believe is that Fa Jin stores Energy, and Blackwhip, despite being powered up from One For All, can’t maintain a form beyond strands of rope by itself, hence “Blackwhip” not “Black Energy.”

Fa Jin provides the energy to it that makes it more rigid and powerful, letting it form into a Chain rather than stay stringy.

Season 6 episode 12 ends with Mr. Compress getting ready for his final performance.

A fine episode, though some moments were just weird for me. We got some small Burnin action, nice to see how she uses her Quirk in battle. But they showed Mirio saving her, so the big shock moment happens there. Mirio smacking away the Near High-Ends looks fine.

While I'd prefer to keep the rainbow color, I still love how Bakugo's Cluster looks in the anime. Glad to see they're making it visually different like the manga did.

Dabi looks like he has a Dragon Ball Super aura around him when using his fire. We see more of the fight between Dabi and Shoto actually, visually there isn't much going on but I'm a sucker for flashy effects. Also there's just some great moments between them, Dabi's voice actor is killing it.

There are some weird changes in the anime. For some reason Mirio is capable of physically pushing back the Near High-End with his punch and he even forced open the Nomu's hand when he passed through it. It was animated way too good for some reason and made him look insanely strong.

In fact the big shockwave the Nomu made was removed, instead Mirio did that by punching the Nomu. Which did nothing to the Nomu in the manga. I'm not hating on it nor am I displeased, I just don't understand. Glad to see Mirio get a cool moment all the same. It's just weird to have him say they're powerful as he's overpowering them.

Also when he saved Burnin he broke the teeth of the Near High-End when he attacked it. Anime Mirio is easily 7-A+.

Endeavor's punch to Machia was done good. The anime had his punch visually effect Machia more than in the manga. Endeavor's attack knocked off pieces of Machia's body, which wasn't a thing in the manga. Macha also lost some parts of his body when struggling against Jeanist.

Yeah his struggle didn't carry the same power that the manga shots did. I couldn't really feel Machia or Jeanist struggling to overpower the other.

Nejire getting burned wasn't done as well as in the manga, in fact the flames that hit her looks really mild. The pose Dabi makes after he burned Nejire would obviously not look as good as it did in the manga with the warping panels, but the voice actor's deranged laughing is so good.

Ignoring Nejire getting burnt being weak, that shot was still very creepy. Feel like Jeanist is bleeding more in the anime than he did in the manga, maybe I didn't notice when it was black and white but Jeanist is almost coughing up blood constantly. His eyes even start becoming very bloodshot.

Regardless it was still entertaining to me and I enjoyed it all. I didn't really have all of these thoughts while watching the episode, I just enjoyed it while in the moment.
Mirio saving Burnin' was in the manga too

Mirio saving Burnin' was in the manga too
When did I say he didn't save her in the manga?

I'm said the anime showed it was Mirio that saved her, despite the manga hiding him as the one who saved her.

At that moment we didn't know it was Mirio, not until he arrived to save Jeanist.

Last edited:
why is he flying
Because he believes.

Though I say he's propelling himself with so much force that he "flies" straight to the Nomu. Though he does go to the ground and jumps/launches around 10 seconds.

Can't explain how he's levitating in the end though.

Yeah should Mirio just straight up get High Hypersonic movement speed? I understand that he’s propelling himself initially with Permeation, but even in the middle of his surprise attack, he maneuvers and changes direction mid air and is blatantly shown to be visibly moving and not phasing into the ground.

Its impossible for Mirio to change direction mid-air with Permeation, this means he’s blitzing the Nomu with sheer movement speed

Last edited:
Also I think Mirio is the prime example of an AOE fallacy. Mirio can oneshot 8% Deku, push back and even break the teeth of High-End Nomus (who can casually destroy high rise buildings) yet Mirio wasn’t able to break a wall in Shie Hassaikai.

Yeah should Mirio just straight up get High Hypersonic movement speed? I understand that he’s propelling himself initially with Permeation, but even in the middle of his surprise attack, he maneuvers and changes direction mid air and is blatantly shown to be visibly moving and not phasing into the ground.

Its impossible for Mirio to change direction mid-air with Permeation, this means he’s blitzing the Nomu with sheer movement speed
At this point might as well treat the anime and manga separately. Mirio can't do any of these things in the manga.

Also I think Mirio is the prime example of an AOE fallacy. Mirio can oneshot 8% Deku, push back and even break the teeth of High-End Nomus (who can casually destroy high rise buildings) yet Mirio wasn’t able to break a wall in Shie Hassaikai.
I don't think that's a AOE fallacy thing. Deku was punched straight in the solar plexus, a weak point. Deku can be tougher than a wall but still temporarily incapacited if punched in the right place. Can't really make a wall react the same way as that.

Apparently, the animators misinterpretted that scene from the manga.
They aren't talking about the Nomu he sent flying. He broke the teeth of the Nomu he saved Burnin from in the anime. In the manga he did not cause any visible damage to the Nomu. Also that Nomu is bloodly massive in the anime compared to the manga, like Mirio's entire body is like the size of that thing's brain.

While I did say he broke it's teeth, I actually don't think he did. Since that stuff around the Nomu that look like pieces of it's teeth are there before Mirio hits it.

Deku beats Star and Stripe mid diff. Assuming Star doesn’t have the missiles and the prep that she had against Shigaraki, she won’t get to land her hax because of Deku’s sheer speed.

War Arc Bakugou low diffs MVA Shigaraki. Shigaraki’s decay isn’t a threat to Bakugou because he can fly, and if we’re considering Cluster Bakugou, he’s massively faster than Shigaraki at that point.

Honestly, I think that Chimera is stronger than we give him credit for. If we’re talking narratively, or how Horikoshi believes, I think Hori believes Chimera is way stronger than how we scale him. I still think Mirko mid diffs however

I’m going to go with Endeavor high diffing the USJ Nomu. The Nomu isn’t very smart, and I would say the only reason Endeavor struggled so long against Hood is because of its intelligence. Endeavor doesn’t have to worry about it’s shock absorption either, since he can just scorch him with his Hellflame.

Gonna go with Hawks extreme diffing Lady Nagant. Both characters are glass cannons, and both have extremely similar intelligence and combat skills. However, Hawks is considerably faster than Endeavor, who in turn is faster than 45% Deku. Meanwhile, Lady Nagant is relative to 45% Deku in speed. As long as Hawks can close the distance, he can easily catch up to Nagant and decapitate her with ease.

Gonna say Nighteye high diffs Aizawa. While Aizawa is much faster than Nighteye, it won’t matter since he can use Foresight. On top of that, Nighteye is much stronger, much more durable, and also has a higher LS.

Mirio no diffs Uraraka. Idk why this is even a matchup, Mirio is far superior to Uraraka in literally every possible aspect

Shoto low diffs Overhaul. He is not only faster than Overhaul, but his Flashfire techniques (along with Phosphor) can oneshot Overhaul.

Muscular mid diffs Kirishima. While Kirishima has the durability to withstand Muscular’s attacks, he can’t even damage him with his AP.

Deku beats Star and Stripe mid diff. Assuming Star doesn’t have the missiles and the prep that she had against Shigaraki, she won’t get to land her hax because of Deku’s sheer speed.

War Arc Bakugou low diffs MVA Shigaraki. Shigaraki’s decay isn’t a threat to Bakugou because he can fly, and if we’re considering Cluster Bakugou, he’s massively faster than Shigaraki at that point.

Honestly, I think that Chimera is stronger than we give him credit for. If we’re talking narratively, or how Horikoshi believes, I think Hori believes Chimera is way stronger than how we scale him. I still think Mirko mid diffs however

I’m going to go with Endeavor high diffing the USJ Nomu. The Nomu isn’t very smart, and I would say the only reason Endeavor struggled so long against Hood is because of its intelligence. Endeavor doesn’t have to worry about it’s shock absorption either, since he can just scorch him with his Hellflame.

Gonna go with Hawks extreme diffing Lady Nagant. Both characters are glass cannons, and both have extremely similar intelligence and combat skills. However, Hawks is considerably faster than Endeavor, who in turn is faster than 45% Deku. Meanwhile, Lady Nagant is relative to 45% Deku in speed. As long as Hawks can close the distance, he can easily catch up to Nagant and decapitate her with ease.

Gonna say Nighteye high diffs Aizawa. While Aizawa is much faster than Nighteye, it won’t matter since he can use Foresight. On top of that, Nighteye is much stronger, much more durable, and also has a higher LS.

Mirio no diffs Uraraka. Idk why this is even a matchup, Mirio is far superior to Uraraka in literally every possible aspect

Shoto low diffs Overhaul. He is not only faster than Overhaul, but his Flashfire techniques (along with Phosphor) can oneshot Overhaul.

Muscular mid diffs Kirishima. While Kirishima has the durability to withstand Muscular’s attacks, he can’t even damage him with his AP.
If deku becomes island level can he fight/kill servants?

Back