• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Additions for Deku and Bakugo

I'm proposing that both Deku and Bakugo, should have electricity resistance for the following reasons:

Deku and Bakugo:
During the fight with Nine, both Deku and Bakugo survived natural cloud to ground lightning.

Even though they were knocked out, they were being zapped for a prolonged period of time, and they didn't die or have lightning trees on their skin. These scars are caused by being hit with lightning, and they appear on the arms, back, neck, chest, or shoulders. We would have noticed if they had these scars on their body, but they were not shown.

"And as Maitreya has pointed out above, Lichtenberg's scars do not actually come from the heat of the lightning, since it lasts very little (in normal cases), but from the voltage itself, which means that Deku and Bakugo would need Electricity Resistance so that their cell membranes wouldn't be severely damaged by the electroporation."

They should also receive heat resistance, since lightning can reach temperatures of 15,000° C to 60,000 °C.

We can discuss here if they should get the full resistance for the heat or not.

Agree: @RandomGuy2345 @Bruh @Therefir
Neutral:
@XSOULOFCINDERX (leaning towards agree)
Disagree: @KingTempest (Disagrees with the temperature but agrees for an additional justification)

Last edited:
I believe 15,000° C to 60,000 °C are both way too high for MHA in terms of heat resistance.

I highly doubt lightning bolts transfer that level of temperature into the object they hit. Considering humans can survive being struck by a lightning bolt and even when they die, it isn't like parts of their body end up being vaporized. Instead they suffer second degree burns, which is indeed still heat resistance.

Also both Bakugo and Izuku already have heat resistance via other stuff, which could've protected them from getting second degree burns.

I disagree with Electricity resistance, nothing suggested the electric current didn't affect them less than normal.
Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. For them to have heat resistance they should be in mid-air, near the clouds
Oh? I'm not knowledgeable about lightning, can you explain this? People in real life do suffer from burns left by a lightning strike.

Or are those burns not caused by sheer heat?

Oh? I'm not knowledgeable about lightning, can you explain this? People in real life do suffer from burns left by a lightning strike.

Or are those burns not caused by sheer heat?
Yeah but like how we scale lightning normally if they're on the ground they're not taking the full energy or heat value by the lightning since it dissipates throughout the ground but if theh were in air they'd take the full energy and heat of the bolt since there's no medium for the lightning to travel through connected to them

Yeah but like how we scale lightning normally if they're on the ground they're not taking the full energy or heat value by the lightning since it dissipates throughout the ground but if theh were in air they'd take the full energy and heat of the bolt since there's no medium for the lightning to travel through connected to them
It's baseline heat resistance. If the burns are caused by heat and someone doesn't get burned by being struck by lightning, that means they have some heat resistance.

The idea of them having 15,000° C to 60,000 °C heat resistance is absurd and isn't happening I agree. In fact I highly doubt lightning bolts even exist long enough to transfer all that heat into someone. Similar to explosions that are hotter than the sun and don't vaporize the container they're in when compressed.

I love it when I don't get notifications for my own thread.

Also, KLOL said this:

Oh, I almost forgot.

You'd need to maintain melee range distance with the bolt to scale. A meter or so to suffice. Since the farther it goes out the more it loses energy by going into contact with its surroundings and whatnot. But I guess that's not gonna be a problem for characters that can manipulate lightning bolts with their hands and keep it at full power at any distance they like so uh... yeah look out for those signs.

So Deku or Bakugo won't scale to the bolt.

I don't see how that is relevant?

There is nothing suggesting Nine can keep a lightning bolt a t"full power" at any distance.

During the fight with Nine, both Deku and Bakugo survived natural cloud to ground lightning.

Even though they were knocked out, they were being zapped for a prolonged period of time, and they didn't die or have lightning trees on their skin. These scars are caused by being hit with lightning, and they appear on the arms, back, neck, chest, or shoulders. We would have noticed if they had these scars on their body, but they were not shown
I don't understand how this would be resistance to electricity manip.

Like I can think of one feat from a verse off the top of my head that survived a lightning strike and was barely fazed by it.

I don't see how that's electricity and heat resistance.

To be fair. Most people who have been struck by lightning haven’t actually been “hit” by it at all. What usually happens is that lightning hits the ground right beside them and the electricity travels from the ground to the nearby person, which I imagine drastically reduces any and all effects lightning may have on a person.

Deku and Bakugou though were straight up directly hit by the lightning though.

Both Izuku and Bakugo have heat resistance so at best this lightning strike is just another addition to their existing power.

They do not scale to the15,000° C to 60,000 °C degree heat whatsoever. They just weren't burnt by something that would burn normal people.

I also don't see how this is resistance to electricity either.

To be fair. Most people who have been struck by lightning haven’t actually been “hit” by it at all. What usually happens is that lightning hits the ground right beside them and the electricity travels from the ground to the nearby person, which I imagine drastically reduces any and all effects lightning may have on a person.

Deku and Bakugou though were straight up directly hit by the lightning though.
I'm curious about this though...

If this is true, then this could be something.

I don't see how that is relevant?

There is nothing suggesting Nine can keep a lightning bolt a t"full power" at any distance.
No, I'm saying Deku and Bakugo wouldn't get the heat resistance since they need to be near the clouds.
Like I can think of one feat from a verse off the top of my head that survived a lightning strike and was barely fazed by it.

I don't see how that's electricity and heat resistance.
Cartoons don't count
Both Izuku and Bakugo have heat resistance so at best this lightning strike is just another addition to their existing power.

They do not scale to the15,000° C to 60,000 °C degree heat whatsoever. They just weren't burnt by something that would burn normal people.

I also don't see how this is resistance to electricity either.
I never said they were going to scale to the full value or even 15,000 °C, I said we could discuss it in the replies.

I'll concede on heat, but I still think they should receive resistance to electricity for reasons that Maitreya pointed out.

I'll concede on heat, but I still think they should receive resistance to electricity for reasons that Maitreya pointed out.
But how is it resistance to electricity?

You need to explain how they resisted it. Them not having burns is heat resistance, the electricity still flowed through them to our knowledge.

I'm curious about this though...

If this is true, then this could be something.
It’s true. Here’s a good visual indicator of the types of strikes of a person being hit by lightning.

Direct strike:

Animation%2025a.gif

Side flash:

Animation%2026a.gif

Ground current:

Animation%2027a.gif

Animation%2028a.gif

Conduction:

Animation%2029a.gif

And streamers:

Animation%2030a.gif

But how is it resistance to electricity?

You need to explain how they resisted it. Them not having burns is heat resistance, the electricity still flowed through them to our knowledge.
I think it'd be a resistance if they weren't fazed by it.

Even if the electricity flowed through them, if they no sold it, then I'd think that'd be a resistance.

It’s true. Here’s a good visual indicator of the types of strikes of a person being hit by lightning.

Direct strike:

Animation%2025a.gif

Side flash:

Animation%2026a.gif

Ground current:

Animation%2027a.gif

Animation%2028a.gif

Conduction:

Animation%2029a.gif

And streamers:

Animation%2030a.gif
So would all of these result in a normal human getting killed?

However if it's a direct strike, I think that could justify electricity resistance.

I think it'd be a resistance if they weren't fazed by it.
Screaming is agony and only being able to barely crawl and reach out isn't what I'd called not being fazed by it.

Resistance should mean that the electricity is less effective on you than it would normally.

I don't see how this is electricity resistance. However I admit I know jack about lightning or electricity.

Would appreciate a staff member who is knowledgeable about this showed up and explained if the MHA example is anything worthy of resistance or not.

So would all of these result in a normal human getting killed?

However if it's a direct strike, I think that could justify electricity resistance.
Not all of them. Obviously the less actual direct contact with have with the lightning the better and some other forms like conduction you could only get shocked by much smaller amounts of electricity than what’s in the full lightning bolt.

Ironically ground current causes the most deaths cause it affects the largest area however direct strikes are the most deadly with heat and electricity severely as the current moves through the body.

You can find more information here:

Ok so straight from Wikipedia it seems like the heat resistance is a no go and the electricity resistance:

“Lightning strikes can produce severe injuries,[4]and are lethal in between 10 and 30% of cases, with up to 80% of survivors sustaining long-term injuries. These severe injuries are not usually caused by thermal burns, since the current is too brief to greatly heat up tissues; instead, nerves and muscles may be directly damaged by the high voltage producing holes in their cell membranes, a process called electroporation.[5]

In a direct strike, the electrical currents in the flash channel pass directly through the victim. The relatively high voltage drop around poorer electrical conductors (such as a human being), causes the surrounding air to ionize and break down, and the external flashover diverts most of the main discharge current so that it passes "around" the body, reducing injury.”

Screaming is agony and only being able to barely crawl and reach out isn't what I'd called not being fazed by it.

Resistance should mean that the electricity is less effective on you than it would normally.
Then I'm leaning towards disagreeing with electricity manip.

Not all of them. Obviously the less actual direct contact with have with the lightning the better and some other forms like conduction you could only get shocked by much smaller amounts of electricity than what’s in the full lightning bolt.

Ironically ground current causes the most deaths cause it affects the largest area however direct strikes are the most deadly with heat and electricity severely as the current moves through the body.

You can find more information here:

And with this, I can think you can make an argument for heat resistance, since Bakugo and Deku were directly struck (though I doubt they can get hit with something that's 15,000 degrees and not get fazed by it at all).

Ok so straight from Wikipedia it seems like the heat resistance is a no go and the electricity resistance:

“Lightning strikes can produce severe injuries,[4]and are lethal in between 10 and 30% of cases, with up to 80% of survivors sustaining long-term injuries. These severe injuries are not usually caused by thermal burns, since the current is too brief to greatly heat up tissues; instead, nerves and muscles may be directly damaged by the high voltage producing holes in their cell membranes, a process called electroporation.[5]

In a direct strike, the electrical currents in the flash channel pass directly through the victim. The relatively high voltage drop around poorer electrical conductors (such as a human being), causes the surrounding air to ionize and break down, and the external flashover diverts most of the main discharge current so that it passes "around" the body, reducing injury.”
Damn...

Nine's lightning does seems to last way more than a normal lightning strike, which practically ends instantly.

I want KLOL to give his thoughts on the electricity.

Therefir tag him if you can. Or if you want too.

Even though they were knocked out, they were being zapped for a prolonged period of time, and they didn't die or have lightning trees on their skin. These scars are caused by being hit with lightning, and they appear on the arms, back, neck, chest, or shoulders. We would have noticed if they had these scars on their body, but they were not shown.
LIGHTNING TREES

Lightning trees is ******* hilarious

They're called Lichtenberg figures

Disagree with the temperature proposed but heat resistance as an additional justification is fine

Nine's lightning does seems to last way more than a normal lightning strike, which practically ends instantly.
If this is to be true then the lightning strike would probably act more akin to a side flash strike rather than a direct strike on the person due to the current taking a longer time to pass through the body.

To quote:

The electrical current from side flashes can last longer than direct strikes, causing deeper burns as the current takes longer to course through the body, Raphael Lee, professor of surgery and medicine at the University of Chicago and clinical investigator at the Chicago Electrical Trauma Rehabilitation Institute, explained to AccuWeather.

“The current penetrates more deeply and can have a significant effect directly into the body,” he said.

These severe injuries are not usually caused by thermal burns, since the current is too brief to greatly heat up tissues; instead, nerves and muscles may be directly damaged by the high voltage producing holes in their cell membranes, a process called electroporation.[5]
According to this, the Lichtenberg figures actually come from the voltage damaging nerves and muscles cells rather than the heat of the lightning itself, so it may be Electricity Resistance after all, what do you think? @TheRustyOne

Deku was in the air when he was hit by the lightning as well.

It's baseline heat resistance. If the burns are caused by heat and someone doesn't get burned by being struck by lightning, that means they have some heat resistance.

The idea of them having 15,000° C to 60,000 °C heat resistance is absurd and isn't happening I agree. In fact I highly doubt lightning bolts even exist long enough to transfer all that heat into someone. Similar to explosions that are hotter than the sun and don't vaporize the container they're in when compressed.
Yeah i'm not suggesting they scale just giving context to what was said prior

According to this, the Lichtenberg figures actually come from the voltage damaging nerves and muscles cells rather than the heat of the lightning itself, so it may be Electricity Resistance after all, what do you think? @TheRustyOne

Deku was in the air when he was hit by the lightning as well.
IDK. I'm going to wait until KLOL gives his opinion on this, he'll know more than me.

Technically speaking I'd consider adding Heat Resistance if they survive it for prolonged periods of time, but if it's just a standard bolt of lightning then I'd be forced to disagree, since the time interval for that is just way too short for the heat transfer to fully take effect to heat up the body that fast. We already have strict standards on when it is okay to scale to the AP of the lightning bolt and when it is not, because most of the time humans never take the full energy of the bolt due to a number of other reasons like air resistance and resistance of other materials nerfing the bolt's energy due to the sheer distance factor between the source and the target, and the humans standing on the ground which safely dissipates the electricity.

I was just about to make a CRT about the exact same topic (a couple of you know what I'm talking about), but seeing KLOL's comment made me lose any confidence I had.

Back