• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

If Servant Physiology was restricted I could see him beat servants but against any of the upper echelons hell nah, servants can range from average to broken asf, although even Cursed Arm who's considered a relatively weak servant stat wise has a pretty OP np which bypasses conventional durability.

Apparently there’s a scan of the size of the storm Deku and Bakugou destroyed, and it’s viewed from outer space. If we can calc it, it will drastically increase the results of the calc

So near the end of the chapter AFO is flying towards Shigiraki so Deku is going to have to fight 2 Prime All Might level characters at the same time with multiple quirks. This isn't looking good for him, especially since his time limit is at least 1 or 2 minutes in.
Jesus ******* Christ....

9 page chapter isn't good, and I'm not complaining because of the story. Hope that isn't a sign of anything bad happening to Horikoshi. I wish the common man could do something to help out in times like this, but all I can do is just hope he'll be alright in the future.

The context of this chapter are pretty good though, just very short. Pixie-Bob is making a giant mud wall to try and block the clones and protect the heroes for some time. Uravity, Froppy, Earphone Jack, and Tsukuyomi all meet up. They notice and mention that Jiro lost her ear.

They want to stop Toga but Tokoyami thinks they should retreat as the plan as failed. Some of Toga's clones try to attack Endeavor, he knocks one away with his knee. The image is just really funny, don't know why Toga is even trying when she knows Dabi is gunning for him.

He even decapitates a clone with a punch.

AFO realizing that his plans are starting to come together and now they got the advantage back. Man instantly tries to jump into a portal and go to Shigaraki. Hawks quickly intercepts him and ends ups getting head butted by AFO, though he does block the charge with his blade he is left with a big head wound.

I wouldn't considering this a durability feat as AFO wasn't attacking Hawks, he just jumped away and Hawks intercepted him. Also I can't tell if AFO summoned a barrier to protect himself from Hawks blade or if that is just a effect from the manga.

Hawks points out that AFO rushing away so quickly is strange, since Shigaraki is basically guaranteed to get his Quirks back yet AFO is still going to support him. AFO admits that Shigaraki isn't actually complete yet, it seems like there is still something he needs to do.

Not surprising that AFO is aware that Shiggy still has issues, but it sounds like he has an idea on how to make him complete. Hawks tells Endeavor that he has to stop Dabi, there isn't anyone else here would can withstand those flames. AFO calls out against this for being cruel but Hawks shuts him up.

I like this scene because it's true, AFO lost and only barely survived due to the Quirk Rewind. Without that lucky thing he would be a pile of ashes blowing in the wind. Love to see AFO look annoyed at Hawks telling him that he lost to Endeavor.

You know I'd kind of like the idea of Todoroki and Iida coming through the portal and switching opponents.

Shoto, Iida, and Hawks going after AFO while Endeavor starts dealing with Dabi. Endeavor may be on his last leg but so is Dabi as well.

A short chapter that has me more worried for Horikoshi's health than anything else. But looking past that this was still good and the situation is building up. We're starting to get a look at the second wave of battles popping up, even though things are still looking grim the Heroes aren't going to give up.

My calculations must be verified. If it doesn't bother you guys, you can come and comment.
Your calculation was rejected.

Because the logic being used is incorrect. Your calc is based on the idea that Izuku didn't move until Lady Nagant already fired the bullet. But there is no proof that Izuku moved after the bullet was fired. In fact the evidence points to him moving before the bullet was fired.

Since in that same panel the bullet moves a greater distance than Izuku did, meaning it's faster than him. Earlier on we saw her bullets outpacing 45% Izuku and caught up to him from behind. If her bullets were over hundreds of times slower than him, which is what your calculation is saying, he wouldn't have any issues with her.

9 page chapter isn't good, and I'm not complaining because of the story. Hope that isn't a sign of anything bad happening to Horikoshi. I wish the common man could do something to help out in times like this, but all I can do is just hope he'll be alright in the future.

The context of this chapter are pretty good though, just very short. Pixie-Bob is making a giant mud wall to try and block the clones and protect the heroes for some time. Uravity, Froppy, Earphone Jack, and Tsukuyomi all meet up. They notice and mention that Jiro lost her ear.

They want to stop Toga but Tokoyami thinks they should retreat as the plan as failed. Some of Toga's clones try to attack Endeavor, he knocks one away with his knee. The image is just really funny, don't know why Toga is even trying when she knows Dabi is gunning for him.

He even decapitates a clone with a punch.

AFO realizing that his plans are starting to come together and now they got the advantage back. Man instantly tries to jump into a portal and go to Shigaraki. Hawks quickly intercepts him and ends ups getting head butted by AFO, though he does block the charge with his blade he is left with a big head wound.

I wouldn't considering this a durability feat as AFO wasn't attacking Hawks, he just jumped away and Hawks intercepted him. Also I can't tell if AFO summoned a barrier to protect himself from Hawks blade or if that is just a effect from the manga.

Hawks points out that AFO rushing away so quickly is strange, since Shigaraki is basically guaranteed to get his Quirks back yet AFO is still going to support him. AFO admits that Shigaraki isn't actually complete yet, it seems like there is still something he needs to do.

Not surprising that AFO is aware that Shiggy still has issues, but it sounds like he has an idea on how to make him complete. Hawks tells Endeavor that he has to stop Dabi, there isn't anyone else here would can withstand those flames. AFO calls out against this for being cruel but Hawks shuts him up.

I like this scene because it's true, AFO lost and only barely survived due to the Quirk Rewind. Without that lucky thing he would be a pile of ashes blowing in the wind. Love to see AFO look annoyed at Hawks telling him that he lost to Endeavor.

You know I'd kind of like the idea of Todoroki and Iida coming through the portal and switching opponents.

Shoto, Iida, and Hawks going after AFO while Endeavor starts dealing with Dabi. Endeavor may be on his last leg but so is Dabi as well.

A short chapter that has me more worried for Horikoshi's health than anything else. But looking past that this was still good and the situation is building up. We're starting to get a look at the second wave of battles popping up, even though things are still looking grim the Heroes aren't going to give up.
Endeavor so strong he can punch a Twice clone in half while exhausted and heavily damaged. Love the consistency that he’s just physically the strongest MF out here and there is no world where anyone but the best can hurt him.

Wonder what is needed to complete Shigaraki? Maybe getting rid of Tenko? Giving him a super important Quirk? Putting his ACTUAL consciousness into the body so he can have total control? Very interesting, and I wonder how Deku is going to deal with all the shit going on.

If Endeavor genuinely fights Dabi right now it’s going to be insane. Idk if by his speech he’s implying he’s going to defeat him or just going to “watch over him” but not finish him off. Hell, he might let Dabi kill him, I truly don’t know Endeavor’s mind state right now.

I’m guessing that the students (minus Ochako) are going to be trying to stall AFO with Hawks as best they can. Could be interesting to see what Quirks he whips out on everyone when he’s clearly in a hurry. And yeah, that seems to be the same “Barrier” quirk he used against Endeavor, so he apparently has either had it for a long ass time or his Quirks aren’t being rewound.

Also gotta wonder how the Nachia battle is going, cause when that guy wakes up, all hell is loose. As predicted, Kurogiri’s freedom has completely turned the tides. Wonder what the heroes can do to turn them back?

Yeah I worry for Horikoshi’s health right now. Only 9 pages, art and story still stunning, but he’s clearly not at his best.

Endeavor so strong he can punch a Twice clone in half while exhausted and heavily damaged. Love the consistency that he’s just physically the strongest MF out here and there is no world where anyone but the best can hurt him.

Wonder what is needed to complete Shigaraki? Maybe getting rid of Tenko? Giving him a super important Quirk? Putting his ACTUAL consciousness into the body so he can have total control? Very interesting, and I wonder how Deku is going to deal with all the shit going on.

If Endeavor genuinely fights Dabi right now it’s going to be insane. Idk if by his speech he’s implying he’s going to defeat him or just going to “watch over him” but not finish him off. Hell, he might let Dabi kill him, I truly don’t know Endeavor’s mind state right now.

I’m guessing that the students (minus Ochako) are going to be trying to stall AFO with Hawks as best they can. Could be interesting to see what Quirks he whips out on everyone when he’s clearly in a hurry. And yeah, that seems to be the same “Barrier” quirk he used against Endeavor, so he apparently has either had it for a long ass time or his Quirks aren’t being rewound.

Also gotta wonder how the Nachia battle is going, cause when that guy wakes up, all hell is loose. As predicted, Kurogiri’s freedom has completely turned the tides. Wonder what the heroes can do to turn them back?
I think Machia might wake up, but if they prevent him from hearing AFO or Shiggy's voice he won't be able to output his full power. He's also being kept asleep so they're probably giving him anesthetics constantly, which means he'll be out of it even when he does wake up.

As long as he doesn't get given an order the heroes could have a chance of keeping him from leaving. Though all it takes is one recording and that man starts moving. We still have Skeptic doing stuff as well, someone needs to take him out since he's still causing issues. Doubt he's going to get away by the end of this.

AFO implies he might still have his warping Quirk as well, which goes into my thought that the Doctor inverted the effect of the Quirk Erasing Bullets. The bullets only effect Quirks and ignored the rest of the body. But he changed it so that the bullet ignores Quirks and rewinds the body, allowing AFO to go back to his prime.

Stalling AFO is the only choice, no one can really defeat him in this state. Damage doesn't stick on him even if you can hurt him, the only thing that can be done is outlasting him until he gets sent back to nothing. He also has no limits or a need to worry about going overboard with his body for the same reason.

AFO is at his most dangerous right now. Also noticed the fan translation is implying that he wants to take Kurogiri's Warp Quirk.

Someone in discord told me that Hori is extending the story to December 2023. So weirdly enough this isn’t the final arc.

So that means we can start applying changes from the current arc right now

Someone in discord told me that Hori is extending the story to December 2023.
There's no way such information could ever be wrong. If by extending it means Horikoshi is going to take a break to take care of his health that'd be great.

Right now I don't personally believe the manga will go past 2023, we'll be able to tell in a few weeks though. I believe people are bringing it up because Tokoyami and others have mentioned retreating, which could imply that this battle may go unfinished. But there will come a certain point that retreat is impossible for both sides.

Also I believe the changes to the profiles will be sooner rather than later. If we knew Izuku's current percentage I'd feel confident in talking about the changes more.

There's no way such information could ever be wrong. If by extending it means Horikoshi is going to take a break to take care of his health that'd be great.

Right now I don't personally believe the manga will go past 2023, we'll be able to tell in a few weeks though. I believe people are bringing it up because Tokoyami and others have mentioned retreating, which could imply that this battle may go unfinished. But there will come a certain point that retreat is impossible for both sides.

Also I believe the changes to the profiles will be sooner rather than later. If we knew Izuku's current percentage I'd feel confident in talking about the changes more.
Re-reading everything, I THINK Deku is just using a mastered 100%.

I know I was one of the biggest advocates for this being maybe 75-85%, but everything kinda points to this just being “mastered 100%”

Here is my current stance on Deku:

1) He casually blocks a stronger than Prime AM level opponent, not even moving slightly. Literally tanked a direct punch, not even his gear is damaged. No Quirks help with his durability, so this is his raw percentage, no Gear Shift or Fa Jin or nothing.

2) Gear Shift does not increase AP, yet his punches completely **** up a beyond Prime AM level Shigaraki. He isn’t using Fa Jin either, as he spent it on Black Chain. So just his normal punches can severely injure Evolved Shigaraki, to the point he spits up tons of blood like crazy and has a dent in his chest.

3) “This is 120 out of 100 Percent” is referring to Overdrive, which is “Fa Jin + Gear Shift” giving him the massive attack amp. Overdrive is a very important ability. The first usage of it doesn’t burst through Tomura’s chest, instead only severely harming him the worst yet, but the second one does. This is likely cause Deku didn’t store a “Quintuple Smash.” Instead, for his first activation of Gear Shift, he does “four hits”, going from 2nd Gear to Top Gear, which got stored.

But the important thing to note is that Overdrive, in the words of the Second, is “120 out of 100%”, and as we know, OFA percentages aren’t linear, but exponential. By the Second’s words, Deku is at 100%, and with Overdrive, goes to 120%. This is in line with the amplification Fa Jin gives him, as it increases his AP and speed, not just his speed.

So, what does this mean?

Deku’s key should just be 100%.

This also means that he can use the “Faux 100% set-up” with Blackwhip and Fa Jin, as shown with his entrance attack on Shigaraki, and though it is still an immense speed amp, it is weaker than Overdrive. So it would probably be something like “Faux 110%”?

This also means Fa Jin is ******* insane and can be charged to the point of nearly one shotting people that survive his attacks in just five hits when at Top Gear.

Another thing; Deku says Float gives him “instant height,” so it should be noted that when he activated Float, he can instantly launch into the sky rather than just start floating. So it does provide movement, just purely upwards at a quick rate (seemingly faster than his normal speed, that’s like the 5th speed amp).

Deku right now (imo):

Base -> 100% < Float Upwards Speed Amp < Blackwhip Swinging < Fa Jin Speed Amp < Blackwhip + Fa Jin < 2nd Gear < Third Gear < Top Gear < Overdrive = 120% for one attack.

Also Black Chain definitely is higher LS as he willingly disengaged it, Shigaraki didn’t even remotely break out of it.

Also, for the percentage he’s using before he gets serious vs Shigaraki, it’s likely just 30%-45%. It’s his same, usual hair style, but when he attacks, it goes spiky. Like Bakugo said “45% at the moment of impact.”

Idk why he’s not at 45% all the time, but it’s likely just to preserve energy. He came into the battle with a “Faux 100%” likely just to test out Shigaraki and get him away while he was distracted, then immediately activated the real shit when he was in control of himself.

He also still considers “Faux 100%” when he’s trying to get to UA, and not anything higher like “Faux 120%” or something. So he’s still using 45% definitely.

Last edited:
I think 100% is like his old 20%, it slightly strains him when he uses it so he opt to stay at a comfortable 45% most of the time to save stamina but will bust out 100% if need be

I think 100% is like his old 20%, it slightly strains him when he uses it so he opt to stay at a comfortable 45% most of the time to save stamina but will bust out 100% if need be
Kinda except it’s clearly not straining him, like, at all. Maybe over time it’ll hurt him a lot, but at least for the time he’s got it up so far, that level of power isn’t anything to him, especially when he’s combining all the Quirks for crazy plans.

Only thing I think we need to wait for is knowing what the weakness of Gearshift at 5 minutes is. Second makes it sound like Deku will straight up die at the 5 minute mark or something, so it definitely matters for a fight.

I thought Izuku was using 100%, but the Second User clearly states he cannot. At least not without it being very obvious he's using 100%. Chapter 349.

"Those reinforcement parts can't withstand One For All at 100 percent power, right? Are you planning on getting hurt before reaching the battlefield?"

His equipment would be destroyed and he'd hurt himself. Izuku was planning on using Gear Shift and that implies it wouldn't hurt or destroy his equipment. Maybe when using Gear Shift the recoil of 100% of OFA doesn't destroy his stuff or even hurt him, but we need to get a statement of that.

Right now him using 100% is contradicted by previous statements that 100% will hurt him and destroy his stuff. However this could easily change with one statement.

It's weird, the 2nd said his equipment can't withstand 100%-level force but he can clearly block a hit from Shigaraki who's Prime-level in strength. At this point it's up to whether we trust feats or statements

It's weird, the 2nd said his equipment can't withstand 100%-level force but he can clearly block a hit from Shigaraki who's Prime-level in strength. At this point it's up to whether we trust feats or statements
Simple answer.

Izuku 100% > Prime all Might.

Izuku's OFA being stronger than All Might's OFA isn't surprising considering it stockpiles power.

@Mazdoesstuff

Really? Endeavor dying seems unlikely to me as it stands. It's made pretty clear that Dabi isn't going to straight up kill Endeavor and dying together with Dabi wouldn't give any resolution or save Dabi/Toya. If Dabi does end up being quote on quote saved, it can't be by killing Endeavor like he wants.

I don't see how Endeavor dies here, because sacrificing his life to killing his son kind of defeats the point of MHA's message. Dabi needs to have some kind of resolution before he dies. Unless something really dumb happens Dabi is without a doubt going to die by the end of this.

And I see no way in hell that Dabi is going to get what he want. Maybe Endeavor tries to sacrifice himself in the end and Dabi/Toya stops him and he dies alone.

Also Shoto's role is not done, I highly doubt his story ended there. He's going to enter the fight again and do something.

Back