• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Yeah, why do you think I said practice.

Of course the clouds being alot closer to sea level forms even more problems because how did they get down there because their supposed to be forming at 1k meters and I'm gonna stop writing my brain's rambling here
Not criticizing, just commenting on the calc itself. Practice is commendable.

This calc literally makes zero sense bro
It's measuring it using the established height we usual do for clouds above sea level. I'm not making any leaps in logic so large that we'd need to classify it as a ravine to give an accurate measurement of it's depth

Leave me alone King, It's mostly me trying to gain experience in other fields.

I'm bad at this stuff, so it's better I get practice
I can never screw up as bad as Maz though
Had a mini panic attack when I realized it was mine lol
You tried your best, don't be too down on yourself.

Leave me alone King, It's mostly me trying to gain experience in other fields.

I'm bad at this stuff, so it's better I get practice
I can never screw up as bad as Maz though
Had a mini panic attack when I realized it was mine lol
Alright, if ya just wanna practice, I’d recommend doing it in sandboxes rather than blogs. Thought you were actually cooking some feats up over there, mb bro.

I always figured All Might saying “five punches would’ve been enough” was just a white lie to calm the students down. Can’t have the symbol of peace be shaken or cracked in any way. Yes, he got weaker… but not 60x weaker.

I always figured All Might saying “five punches would’ve been enough” was just a white lie to calm the students down. Can’t have the symbol of peace be shaken or cracked in any way. Yes, he got weaker… but not 60x weaker.
That line was for himself or Shiggy at most. He's hiding the fact he's getting weaker, Shiggy only knew thanks to AFO, he wouldn't reveal that to the students so casually. The five punches thing is fine, he can defeat Nomu in five punches in his prime without being 60X stronger. See this thread here, when it was removed.

That line was for himself or Shiggy at most. He's hiding the fact he's getting weaker, Shiggy only knew thanks to AFO, he wouldn't reveal that to the students so casually. The five punches thing is fine, he can defeat Nomu in five punches in his prime without being 60X stronger. See this thread here, when it was removed.
I saw it as him trying to play it off as him getting older, thus weaker, not due to an injury.

The students aren’t lemmings. They saw the fight and how close it was. They were literally right there. It was a struggle and they saw, so All Might boasted a white lie to calm them down while also trying to intimidate the villains.

I also always figured the USJ Nomu was made of rubber, which is why it was so easy for freezing him to do so much damage to the point he literally fell apart, something Todoroki has never done again even against Shigaraki.

That was thrown amount the moment other Top Tier Nomu’s appeared. I thought the black skin was his skin being rubberised. 🤓 early MHA was a strange time.

I used to believe the USJ Nomu would easily stomp every High-End, including Hood 🤦‍♂️
If Shock Absorption does work on all attacks, including Hood’s muscle stabbing attacks, then yeah he probably would. Hood’s pretty stoopid even if he is smart enough to talk and know “don’t get my head rekt“

I'm still team USJ Nomu unless it's against a High-end with hax or elemental attacks.

It it's dealing with purely physical attacks, Shock Absorption is a pretty busted quirk to this day. Even after USJ Nomu was defeated it's not like he took any damage. He still has Regen even if the Shock Absorption gets overwhelmed.

If Shock Absorption does work on all attacks, including Hood’s muscle stabbing attacks, then yeah he probably would. Hood’s pretty stoopid even if he is smart enough to talk and know “don’t get my head rekt“
It'd be a stalemate in my opinion, USJ Nomu can't defeat Hood but if Hood's stabbing attack can't get past his Shock Absorption he can't defeat him either.

Both of them have the same regen and stamina, although Hood is much smarter and can fly.

It'd be a stalemate in my opinion, USJ Nomu can't defeat Hood but if Hood's stabbing attack can't get past his Shock Absorption he can't defeat him either.

Both of them have the same regen and stamina, although Hood is much smarter and can fly.
Tru

Hood would be smart enough to carve out the brain or eat it.

USJ Nomu would just punch. Because he’s an idiot.

Hood would win 9/10 times unless USJ happens to repeatedly hit the brain in a very small amount of time.

The USJ Nomu can't be defeated by anyone with physical attacks besides probably Prime All Might and Full Power Izuku. I imagine Prime All Might's 300 punch barrage would do far more damage to the Nomu compared to his weakened self. And Izuku at 100% Full Cowl with Gearshift + Fa Jin can land far more powerful hits.

We don't know how piercing attacks work on Shock Absorption. But if it stops sharp attacks as well, Hood won't be able to destroy the brain faster than it can heal.

Ironically Endeavor would be able to handle it better than All Might, due to it having no defense against fire/heat to our knowledge and no ranged attacks. But Mirko or Crust would stand no chance. If Shock Absorption was standard for the High-Ends like regen was... I imagine Mirko's fight would've ended horribly.

Matches up in MHA come down to more than just raw power in many cases. This is a clear example of such a thing.

I saw someone on Reddit say that most MHA characters couldn’t take a kick from a horse, whereas Elsa from Frozen could, in an effort to say she could solo the verse.

That said— how many horses, condensed into 1 super-horse, would it take to one shot Shigaraki?

I saw someone on Reddit say that most MHA characters couldn’t take a kick from a horse, whereas Elsa from Frozen could, in an effort to say she could solo the verse.

That said— how many horses, condensed into 1 super-horse, would it take to one shot Shigaraki?
Shigaraki scales to 748 Megatons currently. A single Horse with KE is rated as 9-B or 98923 Joules. It would take around 31627459500975 horses to match this. Currently 1 shot gap is accepted as 7.5x above the opponent, so it would take 237205946257311 Horses to 1 shot Shigaraki. (Around the 200 trillion mark IG)

Translated scans are out and a lot of things just happened.

Toga's doubles can't use the Quirk of people besides Twice. She can only make Twice doubles effectively, I assume they also aren't as strong either. Since Shigaraki's enhanced body would still be absurd. Her version of double is limited by her own Quirk. Toga isn't Twice, even her feelings in this moment are different from Twice.

Toga is angry and wants to kill people because she was hurt. Twice didn't want to kill people because he was raging out, he killed because he wanted to protect those he loved. He wanted to pay them back for taking him in, he just wanted to help them. Toga isn't the same, her own feelings are muddled and confused.

Uraraka is able to notice the real Toga who's crying.

AFO breaks out of Dark Shadow's hold, looks like he used a Quirk that had a bright flash to it. He admits that they're strong and troublesome. He's also gotten even younger now, which is showing his time limit is getting closer to the end. AFO begins to fly away, with other Quirks around him as well.

Okay Shinsou controlling Machia is sheer genius. I wonder how he did it though, did they have a recording of AFO/Shiggy's voice so Shinsou could imitate them? Once again AFO is stopped in his tracks by side characters getting in his way. If he does get there, it'll be when he's a weak and useless child.

Also AFO might not be able to wake Machia up if he's under Brainwash. Machia has an always active Quirk that makes it so he can't feel pain. Bringing Machia seems like a bad and desperate measure due to how Brainwash can be removed. But they're smarter than that, and Machia's inability to feel pain is going to bite.

I also saw someone mention that Machia might not recognized AFO due to his aging. His voice and scent might be too different for him to notice. This is still a risk since AFO can get rid of Machia's Quirk that negates pain, and he's a big target he can easily touch. Not a perfect scenario, it's acceptable given the situation.

I imagine next chapter will be a flashback to show how it got to that point with Machia.

Amazing chapter.

I wonder how he did it though, did they have a recording of AFO/Shiggy's voice so Shinsou could imitate them?
All might and All for one had plenty of chats when he was in prison, i assumed they used some of that recording

Translated scans are out and a lot of things just happened.

Toga's doubles can't use the Quirk of people besides Twice. She can only make Twice doubles effectively, I assume they also aren't as strong either. Since Shigaraki's enhanced body would still be absurd. Her version of double is limited by her own Quirk. Toga isn't Twice, even her feelings in this moment are different from Twice.

Toga is angry and wants to kill people because she was hurt. Twice didn't want to kill people because he was raging out, he killed because he wanted to protect those he loved. He wanted to pay them back for taking him in, he just wanted to help them. Toga isn't the same, her own feelings are muddled and confused.

Uraraka is able to notice the real Toga who's crying.

AFO breaks out of Dark Shadow's hold, looks like he used a Quirk that had a bright flash to it. He admits that they're strong and troublesome. He's also gotten even younger now, which is showing his time limit is getting closer to the end. AFO begins to fly away, with other Quirks around him as well.

Okay Shinsou controlling Machia is sheer genius. I wonder how he did it though, did they have a recording of AFO/Shiggy's voice so Shinsou could imitate them? Once again AFO is stopped in his tracks by side characters getting in his way. If he does get there, it'll be when he's a weak and useless child.

Also AFO might not be able to wake Machia up if he's under Brainwash. Machia has an always active Quirk that makes it so he can't feel pain. Bringing Machia seems like a bad and desperate measure due to how Brainwash can be removed. But they're smarter than that, and Machia's inability to feel pain is going to bite.

I also saw someone mention that Machia might not recognized AFO due to his aging. His voice and scent might be too different for him to notice. This is still a risk since AFO can get rid of Machia's Quirk that negates pain, and he's a big target he can easily touch. Not a perfect scenario, it's acceptable given the situation.

I imagine next chapter will be a flashback to show how it got to that point with Machia.

Amazing chapter.
Thoughts on Machia throwing “a mountain” at AFO? Still pretty sure that’s just a chunk of the ground but might be a good LS feat.

Thoughts on Machia throwing “a mountain” at AFO? Still pretty sure that’s just a chunk of the ground but might be a good LS feat.
From every source Machia was on the other side of the mountain range and threw that thing in one panel, but We also see AFO get outright surprised that it just appeared infront of him so we can highball it to .08 Seconds if we feel like doing drugs with the calc

From every source Machia was on the other side of the mountain range and threw that thing in one panel, but We also see AFO get outright surprised that it just appeared infront of him so we can highball it to .08 Seconds if we feel like doing drugs with the calc
I mean he threw it so fast it outpaced Inasa and Dark Shadow, as well as AFO’s flight speed. It didn’t exactly get tossed slowly.

The fact that demoralized Machia doesn't have a LS value is criminal, can't we at least upscale him from MVA Shigaraki?

I mean he threw it so fast it outpaced Inasa and Dark Shadow, as well as AFO’s flight speed. It didn’t exactly get tossed slowly.
Well then, using the smallest mountain measurements (758590275.6 m^3 for volume and 1090 meters as radius and thus the distance that we divide by .08 timeframe.) It ends up being 1.9e20 Joules or just over 45 Gigatons, if we do actually figure out where gunga mountain villa is we can figure out exact measurements

Back