• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

5x would also make sense in the scaling as it’s possible for Mirko to survive a hit from someone 5x stronger than her
Above 5x actually, considering Mirko is less durable than Weakened level characters but as long as it's not 7,5x she'll live especially with her stamina and willpower

I'm back. Just went through a long session and I'm feeling energized!

Not reading a lot of above as I'm avoiding spoilers for the chapter. However I noticed talk about scaling. As said above the 60X multiplier is wrong period, not because of scaling. All Might doesn't need to be 60X stronger than his weakened self for his quote to make sense. Other people can explain it better than me.

Mirko and Tamaki are capable of taking hits from a Prime All Might level character and lived. They don't scale directly to him since those hits crushed them. In fact Prime level being a few times stronger is fine. But a massive difference like 60X or whatever is not good. Them taking those hits isn't an outlier as of yet.

Not unless Prime level characters start showing insane feats and they're clearly meant to be that superior. That would be a different topic since they have feats.

The movie chart isn't used as we don't know if chart means his overall power/strength. I believe that was the reason we dropped it. The chart shows before All Might got his injury that his Quirk numbers dropped down and raised up for some reason. If this is meant to be his strength, why does it have such changes?

I'm iffy about using it. It could be taking into account a lot of things about his Quirk numbers. Not just his raw power output.

Can we at least scale them to At least 2,2x 45% considering OFA's boost isn't linear but rather exponential?

Can we at least scale them to At least 2,2x 45% considering OFA's boost isn't linear but rather exponential?
We aren't allowed to pick like that. We either follow the percentages or we don't.

Also I think almost ripping off Shigaraki's jaw is much better than an at least 2.2X difference.

It keeps going up and down probably because he turns of ofa and turns it back on
What does that mean? He also doesn't have OFA in the movie, he just has embers that stayed behind after he already passed it on.

He clearly isn't using any power while he's being scanned. Which means he doesn't need to have his power/Quirk on to be scanned.

We aren't allowed to pick like that. We either follow the percentages or we don't.

Also I think almost ripping off Shigaraki's jaw is much better than an at least 2.2X difference.
True, a character 2.2x times stronger than Shiggy wouldn't be able to rip off his jaw.

Would adding a "possibly much higher" alongside the "at least" help? I've seen other verses do this kind of stuff but never know what it accomplish

Leave it up to Twitter and YouTube powerscalers to say that Current Manga Deku would lose to Eren Jaeger…

”Eren solos” they say, while also BEGGING that Eren has a million titans as backup, completely disregarding what “solo” means. 😭
I've seen worse, they say that Deku could win against Saiki and that his RW wouldn't work

I made it up

The fire that Toya died in burned at over 2000 degrees Celsius. Endeavor's flames should be around that level.

Or I have no idea what I'm talking about.
He can burn Shigaraki who can tank Bakugou's explosion though I don't know how hot his flame must be to do that

He can burn Shigaraki who can tank Bakugou's explosion though I don't know how hot his flame must be to do that
Yea, I know this statement was from when Toya died. We've never gotten a clear-cut statement on how hot Endeavor's flames are.

There's no direct statements for max flame temperature and I hope it remains that way. I don't think his heat is a constant temperature either since there should be differences between ordinary flames, FlashFire, JetBurn, Vanishing Fist, and Prominence Burn.

Toya can also vaporize carbon fiber in seconds when those has a melting point of over 3000°C. How this translate to Endeavor idk but hey it's food for thought

He didn't vaporize it, he just broke it.
You can see bits of the carbon fiber chipping away and being burned to nothing in the manga. It broke and was burned to ash, those things aren’t mutually exclusive. Not vaporized, but his fire is definitely beyond the melting point by a lot either way.

Doesn’t say anything about Endeavor’s fire though, other than his resistance.

Actually, doing more research, it’s possible Dabi didn’t necessarily surpass the melting point. It’s likely he melted the epoxy/resin/binding agents in the carbon fiber, which would cause it to turn to turn to ash and break apart. This occurs at like 800 degrees C, so not much of a feat.

Unless my understanding and Google searching is wrong. Then we’re just back to “vaguely over 2000 degrees by a lot” unless we have someone to scale Shoto or Endeavor’s heat to.

I guess there is that one shot where Endeavor can burn Deku and Bakugo.

That's a feat for his sheer heat, not physical impact. Just like how Endeavor can make AFO and Shiggy look like charcoal, despite being weaker.
But heat can’t break stuff like that.. it would just melt or vaporize or do whatever. For carbon fiber wires to snap, it would have had to been the physical power of the flames

But heat can’t break stuff like that.. it would just melt or vaporize or do whatever. For carbon fiber wires to snap, it would have had to been the physical power of the flames
The resin that binds the carbon fibers together, when heated up, will cause the overall fiber to fractionate/break apart. So yeah, pure heat can actually break things into pieces, it just does so by getting rid of specific parts of the molecular structure.

They didn't snap. They're falling apart and being destroyed by his flames.

There is no physical force, only sheer heat. Dabi's flames are warping the panel, meaning his flames are hot enough to interact with the real world.

This is what snapping them would look like. Also the amount of cables Dabi got rid of is vastly below the amount that was holding down Gigantomachia.

Yeah, pretty sure the fight is not taking place 80,000 feet in the air.

Yeah, pretty sure the fight is not taking place 80,000 feet in the air.
Yeah, why do you think I said practice.

Of course the clouds being alot closer to sea level forms even more problems because how did they get down there because their supposed to be forming at 1k meters and I'm gonna stop writing my brain's rambling here

Back