• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Has anyone calced how fast Endeavor's Hells' Spider is when he cut the building against Hood, to calc how fast Shigaraki was for dodging it at close range?
I don’t think so
But basing off the anime and how fast the hells spider surrounded and slashed the building
I can easily imagine the Hell spider speed there being supersonic
Calcing Shigaraki dodging it sounds like it would be a pain
If it’s possible cool but if not it’s just a good agility feat

I think I once got Mach 4 (Supersonic+) for the speed of his attack, though that was based on how long it took the fire to reach the building. The actual results could be higher, considering how he slashed the building into pieces.

EditL Also you can't calc Shigaraki dodging it, as that would be calc stacking. And the distance he moved was less than the distance the fire traveled, so his speed would've been slower than Endeavor's attack.

Last edited:
I think I once got Mach 4 (Supersonic+) for the speed of his attack, though that was based on how long it took the fire to reach the building. The actual results could be higher, considering how he slashed the building into pieces.

EditL Also you can't calc Shigaraki dodging it, as that would be calc stacking. And the distance he moved was less than the distance the fire traveled, so his speed would've been slower than Endeavor's attack.
Oh well, that makes sense tho.

I’ve only seen characters dodging a certain projectile or attack that has already been calced be used for someone else’s speed if it happens in the same scene.
And not two separate ones entirely.

We also are apparently gonna overhaul (heh) the entire verse
Yeah this was necessary to fix all the scaling issues and make the profiles more accurate and reliable. It would also make changes in the future to be easily applied.
Damage is supposed to work on it, but dude has probably been busy (was involved in the Bleach fiasco too).

Yeah this was necessary to fix all the scaling issues and make the profiles more accurate and reliable. It would also make changes in the future to be easily applied.
Damage is supposed to work on it, but dude has probably been busy (was involved in the Bleach fiasco too).
What fiasco?

Fan translations are out. Some events are different from Atsushi's initial leak.

Wash didn't escape from the citizens. Someone threw a frying pan at him, which seemed to annoy Wash, but he proceeded to take the injured to the hospital anyways. Also he can speak stuff aside from "Wash". Wash is a True Hero, confirmed.

With Wash being alive, it should mean that the heroes being chased by the Decay Wave but wasn't in the images of dead people should all still be alive, including the Pussycats.

People are divided from not wanting heroes anymore to being angry that heroes are quitting. These two crowds seem to be the most vocal.

The Todoroki family drama seems serious, but it seems to be headed at least to a more positive direction.

Yeah, looks like the full leaks are outw with an imgur link.

Also Hori had Stain go straight for a sword so I hope he actually has him fight. We had way too many off screen fights this arc. Now that I think of it, both Geten's fights in MVA and now here have been off-screened.

I'm hoping Stain at least fights someone like Iida for a rematch or maybe wingless Hawks (no speed advantage anymore) and the other heroes that ran/retired because of the blow back like Yoroi Musha (dude has a Samurai motif yet did nothing this entire arc)

I liked the slow burn drama and how much it’s being hammered in how bad the situation in Japan is and that the civilians defending themselves in this manner is somewhat of a bad thing

But it’s so sad we never got to see that Samurai top 10 Hero’s quirk At all or even see him fight and he retired
Quite underwhelming since I like his design.
Overall Alright chapter

Last edited:
so how do the heros regain their trust from the community?
I honestly don’t know at this point since it’s gotten so out of hand
Heroes simply spending more hours being heroes and trying to help the community more Won’t cut it
Making some speech also won’t help either

They may need a total societal overhaul how tho I’m unsure of

Yep, Stain obviously wouldn't follow AFO like the rest of the villains in Tarturus so he didn't get a lift & swam the entire way.

I liked the slow burn drama and how much it’s being hammered in how bad the situation in Japan is and that the civilians defending themselves in this manner is somewhat of a bad thing

But it’s so sad we never got to see that Samurai top 10 Hero’s quirk At all or even see him fight and he retired
Quite underwhelming since I like his design.
Overall Alright chapter
Personally really liked the chapter a lot with the destruction and civilians fighting.

Imagine if someone had Stain’s stamina irl

Last edited:
Midoriya should already be in the hypersonic range at full cowling considering he was moving so fast in Two Heroes that he ignited.

Midoriya should already be in the hypersonic range at full cowling considering he was moving so fast in Two Heroes that he ignited.
That's mostly debatable but from what my calculations show, he'd be around Mach 3 at 5%. The only reason my calculation for Iida's Recipro Burst hasn't been calculated is that the mods are mostly busy trying to arrange other stuff.

i still think the movie was "animation speed" not really him turning into lightning but i could be wrong
I don't think he turned into a literal "bolt of lightning" and was moving at lightning speeds, Heroes Rising doesn't have many feats that can be quantified compared to Two Heroes

That's mostly debatable but from what my calculations show, he'd be around Mach 3 at 5%. The only reason my calculation for Iida's Recipro Burst hasn't been calculated is that the mods are mostly busy trying to arrange other stuff.
Are we referring to Iida intercepting Stain before he could kill Shoto from 6 inches away?

I think the movies take a lot of animation liberties like Deku turning into lightning in Heroes Rising. Iwouod understand saying current manga Deku is hypersonic of High-Hypersonic but 5% is too small of a boost to be that fast especially in the manga.

Also Spoilers are out for the MHA 301, basically Dabi backstory.

Back