• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

This definitely needs to be updated after the war arc. Or maybe they can release another one this year or next year.

Faith in heroes will be restored when the real heroes, Deku and anyone else that stuck around, can start counter attacking AFO and Shiggy reliably. Whether it takes a time skip, an arc or whatever, actually fighting back and saving people is what matters here, and the heroes willing do that are either too banged up at the moment or outnumbered by the people thinking they can’t do it.

When Deku wakes up will determine what direction the series goes from now on. Whether he leaves, stays, trains or fights, where he goes will be where the story goes.

Read that chapter and wow
Hori really isn’t pulling any punches with this

And he’s hammering in again the nuance of the current situation and why the family fell apart it wasn’t only “Endeavor being a jerk” it was a lot of things
But a lot of poor communication and consistent lack of comtext on a bunch of stuff

Side note: Toya said getting Riled up amps his flames so I suppose that counts for rage power

Blue flames seem more like a quirk evolution. I wouldn't be surprised if Shoto had similar potential.

Also Dabi/Toya is a huge crier, the fact that he burnt out his tear ducts is a huge deal. He probably wasn't lying to Hawks when he mentioned that.

Toya: "The power of my flames are directly connected to my emotions!"

Natsu: "Nice(y)"
You could honestly feel Natsu eventually got tired of Toya’s complaining and crying
Blue flames seem more like a quirk evolution. I wouldn't be surprised if Shoto had similar potential

Also Dabi/Toya is a huge crier, the fact that he burnt out his tear ducts is a huge deal. He probably wasn't lying to Hawks when he mentioned that.
I guess maybe that needs to be looked into more but the way how Toya mentions getting angry as if being upset consistently produces stronger flames for him even before the blue change

And the crying thing and his scene with Natsuo.It really recontextualized the scenes where Toya is said to have cried about endeavor every day
Now we have a drastically different view of what it actually was.

Last edited:
Touya has the mentality of a child even now. It’s all “blame my dad, he didn’t believe in me and threw me away” instead of actually looking at himself and realizing he could’ve just listened or understood his limitations. The fact his “crying every day” was just him complaining to his brother every day about stuff that no one could fix or that Natsuo could even understand is really telling of how skewed Dabi’s perception of his life is.

Touya has the mentality of a child even now. It’s all “blame my dad, he didn’t believe in me and threw me away” instead of actually looking at himself and realizing he could’ve just listened or understood his limitations. The fact his “crying every day” was just him complaining to his brother every day about stuff that no one could fix or that Natsuo could even understand is really telling of how skewed Dabi’s perception of his life is.
Dabi is essentially a skewed version of Endeavor.

Part of the reason he fell so far was partially his childish mentality, partially Endeavor and Rei’s shitty parenting (neither were ready to be parents based on their actions) and Endeavor’s traits that manifested in Toya preventing Endeavor from getting through to Toya.

As Shoto said earlier and as proven with Kota, words aren’t enough to change someone’s dream or beliefs. Action is needed and Endeavor was doing exactly what he told Toya not to do, destructively chase an unattainable dream. Endeavor is essentially an alcoholic dad trying to stop his son who looks up to him from becoming an alcoholic as well.

Toya is to blame for sure but putting it all on him and ignoring the part Endeavor and Rei had is wrong.

That animation is bananas, must of gotten a pretty big budget increase.
I know what you mean but Not necessarily budget but more so availability of talent and a better schedule along with the new director finally being more acclimated to the series.

We just gotta hope the whole season is consistently this good

Last edited:
With the latest chapter, it's safe to say that the reason why All Might seemed to be too knowledgeable about OFA things that he shouldn't be is because he has a similar situation with AFO. Explains why he knew which Quirk will manifest next and why OFA stayed with Deku in the 2nd movie.

image0.png

Always nice to see acknowledgment of something from the movies. (The guy on the left with the lightning bolts was in Two Heroes)

Didn’t Melissa get mentioned in the Joint Training Arc, there’s literally no way Two Heroes isn’t canon. Heroes Rising is more questionable.

Nine was shown in the manga which would make Heroes Rising canon, and Two Heroes had transition from an episode of the anime as well, that episode where All Might gets an email from Dave and invites Midoriya to go with him and they go to the airport

People out here waiting for the 5th season of MHA, yet I'm out here waiting for One for All itself to roast Midoriya into next week. The 5th user of One for All gonna be like this:
ActualBowedChinesecrocodilelizard-small.gif

Like, Midoriya. Deadass, stop trying to break your bones every chapter. Against Shigaraki? Understandable, however. Literally maiming yourself on live television for the sake of forcing someone to use their full power so you can lose, and then further risking injury by forcing your body to go after Shigaraki despite knowing full damn well you're ass would be grass if he came after you again... In the words of Shoto Aizawa, that is Irrational.

And here we are wondering why U.A isn't attempting to teach Midoriya the importance of self-preservation.

Yet people still to this day try to claim the movies aren't canon.
The reason they are saying that is exactly because the only references we get in the main series are the examples you guys gave above. Just offhanded remarks about Melissa with Enji's new costume, Nine in a small panel, etc.

It's all good but why haven't any of the students talk about their trip to I-Island or Nabu Island? Especially the former as it was super-safe and haven't done anything of great plot relevance unlike the latter which had Bakugo getting One For All.

I'm not saying it's not canon btw, I still think the movies are acceptable to be used for the main series. But I do understand why people sometimes consider it as not canon.

Back