• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Isn't Deku being able to use Full Cowl 100% in the movie an inconsistency?
He wasn't using full cowl 100% in Two Heroes though, it 5-8% but the gauntlet let him do 100% Smashes with his right arm

Unless you're referring to Heroes Rising where he did use 100%

Was that even flames to begin with? I mean I’ve never seen flames like that before
Its similar to "atmospheric re-entry" ei something burning up when it enters the atmosphere from orbit. Deku's leg started igniting and the steel beam he kicked turned bright orange from the heat.

Fan translations just dropped for chapter 301
Wow, what a great chapter, Endeavor told Touya all his life for a while that he would be able to surpass All Might and when it was revealed Touya had a weak body, Endeavor told Touya to stop and started neglecting him, which caused him to have more children with Rei in order to create another new child who could have the perfect quirk, and when Shoto was born and Touya saw Endeavor happy with a new child who could fulfill his goal, he went nuts and tried to kill Shoto, honestly this was great

I love that while Endeavor made many mistakes, he wasn't entirely at fault here

i find it odd,, blue flames and burns which endy knew all too well yet couldnt figure out dabi was his son?
To be fair, we were told that he never really saw Dabi up close for a while and he was convinced his son was dead, not to mention he was likely in hardcore denial that someone like Dabi could ever be his son

The best part in all this is Rei basically taking accountability in the end, she also seemed to have neglected Toya.
Dabi wants to see Endeavor publicly humiliated, he's orgasmic to the concept of that happening. So we should expect Endeavor to be able to face the public in the best way possible, as is tradition with Dabi never getting what he wants in the end.
Do note that this doesn't really make Endeavor's involvement in the matter any less, just that Rei clarifying her stand and the situation being cleared, makes the situation not as ****** relative to people's headcanon of Endeavor being a sadistic bastard as twitter likes to suggest.

As for why Endeavor never suspected Dabi via Quirk similarities, I believe Dabi mentioned that it is because there are too many fire users in the world, and Endeavor ran an agency that's mostly filled with fire users which served to mask Dabi, I guess?
Dabi might not have been using his fire to its full potential as well.

Endeavor: handles the situation poorly, but clearly cares for his son and the rest of his families safety, not allowing the dream of surpassing All Might to destroy them

Twitter still: WoW hE’s SuCh A bAd ChArAcTeR, cOmPlEtElY iRrEdEeMaBlE

Dabi: tries to kill baby Shoto and was told to stop for his own safety, didn’t stop and now just blames his dad for everything

Twitter: dAbI iS jUsT a ViCtIm

This chapter has done nothing but solidify the fact that Endeavor wasn’t a bad parent at all until years into Shoto’s life after Touya “died.” As well that Rei carries the same burden because SHE wanted more kids and slightly neglected them too. The whole family situation is messed up, not just Endeavors. But the haters will never see past their own self imposed head canon.

Endeavor: handles the situation poorly, but clearly cares for his son and the rest of his families safety, not allowing the dream of surpassing All Might to destroy them

Twitter still: WoW hE’s SuCh A bAd ChArAcTeR, cOmPlEtElY iRrEdEeMaBlE

Dabi: tries to kill baby Shoto and was told to stop for his own safety, didn’t stop and now just blames his dad for everything

Twitter: dAbI iS jUsT a ViCtIm

This chapter has done nothing but solidify the fact that Endeavor wasn’t a bad parent at all until years into Shoto’s life after Touya “died.” As well that Rei carries the same burden because SHE wanted more kids and slightly neglected them too. The whole family situation is messed up, not just Endeavors. But the haters will never see past their own self imposed head canon.
It seems your memory is just as selective as the people you are criticizing lol.

You know full well this part isn't true to canon: This chapter has done nothing but solidify the fact that Endeavor wasn’t a bad parent at all until years into Shoto’s life after Touya “died.”

Dabi/Toya only died when he was in middle school. And we know from the Todoroki's flashbacks, Endeavor was abusing him and his mother when Toya was still alive. Dabi already mentioned seeing Endeavor beat up Shoto before.

It seems your memory is just as selective as the people you are criticizing lol.

You know full well this part isn't true to canon: This chapter has done nothing but solidify the fact that Endeavor wasn’t a bad parent at all until years into Shoto’s life after Touya “died.”

Dabi/Toya only died when he was in middle school. And we know from the Todoroki's flashbacks, Endeavor was abusing him and his mother when Toya was still alive. Dabi already mentioned seeing Endeavor beat up Shoto before.
I’m not being as selective as they are if the only part of my argument you’re trying to pick at is when Endeavor became abusive, especially when the mention for it is in 2 short bubbles during his long monologue in 291. No need to get aggressive out of no where, you’re acting like I attacked you or something.

Can I ask why all of the MHA profiles are the characters’ actual names with their hero names as redirects? Shouldn’t it be the other way around?

Like, for the students, I understand. But for the pros? I’m almost 100% sure someone would search Sir Nighteye as opposed to Mirai Sasaki, or All Might as opposed to Toshinori Yagi, or Kamui Woods as opposed to Shinji Nishiya, etc.

I believe it's for consistency sake. When I made some profiles a long time ago, I thought they had to be with that person's true name. Obviously that isn't the case, but seeing how the majority of the MHA profiles used their real name I assume the others were changed to remain consistent.

I'm pretty neutral about the names, but it's a little weird to see Toshinori instead of All Might.

I have spent basically a month testing this out, so bear with me. The results could be too low or high for all I know.

I have found another way to calculate feats that are on a different level from our regular j/cc equations. This is tensile and compressive strength. Essentially, tensile strength is how much force an object can take before being torn apart completely. Compressive strength is how much force an object can take before compacting into a shape incomparable to its former shape.
  • This is an actual method used by scientists and can be measured in Megapascals (Mpa) and pounds per square inch (psi.) A lot of materials have a Mpa and psi value, and this is mainly why this formula seems pretty reliable. And as you all know, a force can be converted into energy as long as there's a measurable distance the force crossed.
Anyways, I'll be testing this equation out with one of Midoriya's most famous smashes of all time. His first ever Smash.

db2ld27-364b1806-e39d-452f-9cd7-2388ead3696d.gif

So, one of our main objectives here would be to find exactly how much steel Midoriya compressed/destroyed and what that would yield in terms of force.

It'd be fair to assume the Zero Pointer is made out of stainless steel. It has a pretty high compressive strength and a decent tensile strength in the real world, so it should be an ideal metal. Stainless steel has a compressive strength of 226,259 pounds per square inch, according to this article.
  • We'll have to apply this value over the area he destroyed, since it's y'know, a force displayed over one inch.
Again, we’ll have to find how much area Midoriya’s punch here is destroyed. For that, we will be using pixel scaling, like before.

Pixel scaling the window here gives us a height of 49 pixels. According to this article, the average height for windows is 60 inches. Pixel scaling the length and width of the Zero Pointer gives us a pixel count of 149.19 pixels and 100.49 pixels respectively. Scaling off of the window’s height gives us its actual dimensions which are 177.16 inches (Length) and 118.11 inches. (Width)

kkJtf7lDi5rn4JfyabelcgP1Q0jEYKJYyzK_Ujv2oSEFZHJtFQAqVIg_sc3p5yHlT9aM7Eav-KJMP-b72kkAuYm_sAPpBQJatmu_.png

Applying the PSI (pounds per square inch) over the area Midoriya’s smash destroyed, we get a total force of 2.367 Million US tons of Force or 21.059 billion Newtons. Now, this has a lifting strength equivalent to Class M. Impressive for the first time he's ever used his power, no?

But in order to convert this force into energy, we'll need to figure out how far the force traveled. Aka, how far the Zero Pointer's body got compressed.

Midoriya here is 234.45 pixels or 166 centimeters. The length the Zero Pointer's face must've compressed to is 250 pixels. Scaling this off of Midoriya gives us an actual height of approximately 2 meters.

unknown.png

Plugging this into our formula for joules (newtons*distance) we get 42.118 billion joules. Or the equivalent to 10 tons of TNT. Basically the equivalent to baseline City Block level.

I'll let the comments decide on the authenticity of the methods I used though.

I did badly in my physics class so I can't say anything about how valid this calc is.
But I agree that this method would be useful for such cases. I think PSI is the most accurate way to calculate striking force.

I believe it's for consistency sake. When I made some profiles a long time ago, I thought they had to be with that person's true name. Obviously that isn't the case, but seeing how the majority of the MHA profiles used their real name I assume the others were changed to remain consistent.

I'm pretty neutral about the names, but it's a little weird to see Toshinori instead of All Might.
Ah, it being for consistency reasons makes some sense, although it still isn’t entirely consistent since the villain profiles use the villain names (and I don’t think we’ll be changing Dabi’s profile to Todoroki Touya any time soon).

The way I see it, every character profile (except Deku) should have the name that the characters use the most. So basically, the student profiles use their actual names while the pros and villains use their hero and villain names.

The way I see it, every character profile (except Deku) should have the name that the characters use the most. So basically, the student profiles use their actual names while the pros and villains use their hero and villain names.
Since all students are known for their real names, while heroes and villains are more known for their hero and villain names, I support this idea. It removes any consistency issues, and makes the page look orderly.
Izuku Midoriya is fine, it's as well known as Deku IMO.

Yeah, I'm thinking guys like Hawks, Endeavor, Edgeshot, Best Jeanist, Mirko, etc most adult heroes just use their hero names. Also now that I've mentioned them, do we even know Edgeshot, Crust or Best Jeanist's real names? Crust especially died before we knew a lot about him.

Just read the latest MHA chapter completely dodged leaks and

I’m surprised by how much I liked this chapter, I initially thought earlier on into the series Dabi would be misunderstood and endeavor would be an irredeemable monster and completely in the wrong.

Horikoshi instead went the route of having Rei, Endeavor and Toya guilty to an extent which I really like.
Rei was neglectful.
Endeavor actually tried to emotionally reason with Toya he didn’t just say he’s a failure and must get lost.
He explained his body just wasn’t built for it and he really should look into something else.
As well as the oversaturation of hero society Pre War being hammered in again since everyone in Toya’s class wanted to be heroes.
Touya was immensely self destructive along with being spiteful about his situation.

The execution of Dabi as a character has been really good and I’m so thankful he’s not a complete total victim.Also doing a good job of painting a picture once again that he’s the worst of endeavor and his choices.
I’d like to point out that I just love how we had baby Shoto’s awkward face as Toya attempted to attack him in such a serious scene.

Last thing, Since Dabi has a cold resistance from Rei should Resistance to Ice Manipulation like Shoto be on his page?
Along with limited air manipulation since he incapacitated Deku with hot wind from his fire attacks.

Last edited:
Well pretty much the reason why Rei and Endeavor made Todoroki was literally because of Dabi. It was pretty much the only way for him to stop hurting himself yet the fool wouldn’t listen

I wonder how strong kid Toya considering how much training he was putting in.

I've also already started seeing Geten Himura theories. I guess he's the next Dabi.

Kid Dabi in terms of fire power should be as good as current Shouto if not better since iirc Endeavor said he had stronger fire
I think so too
Plus compare their flame colors, Shotos flames simply aren’t as bright as touya’s gets in some panels
Which Hori appears to use to indicate when a flame is really bright and hot based on Flashfire Dabi’s flames shading compared to say Shoto or even Dabi’s held back flames.

Last edited:
There are spoilers out for the latest chapter.

Toya only learned Blue Flame when Enji was already training Shoto. He made a last ditch attempt to impress Enji, but it just pissed Enji off and presumably hit Rei because she was supposed to handle Toya. Shoto tried to stop Enji.

Natsuo didn't understand Toya back then. Toya is also apparently had misogynist views due to his upbringing. His blue flame developed due to physical and emotional stimulation of sorts.

The Todoroki family basically united in their own faults that resulted to Toya becoming Dabi and told Enji to stop crying as if he's the only one in pain and bearing guilt.

The result is Dabi Twitter stans being absolute big mad because their favorite mass murdering psychopath is being treated like a mass murdering psychopath and not a poor, innocent victim who people should feel sorry for because he's hot.

There are spoilers out for the latest chapter.

Toya only learned Blue Flame when Enji was already training Shoto. He made a last ditch attempt to impress Enji, but it just pissed Enji off and presumably hit Rei because she was supposed to handle Toya. Shoto tried to stop Enji.

Natsuo didn't understand Toya back then. Toya is also apparently had misogynist views due to his upbringing. His blue flame developed due to physical and emotional stimulation of sorts.

The Todoroki family basically united in their own faults that resulted to Toya becoming Dabi and told Enji to stop crying as if he's the only one in pain and bearing guilt.

The result is Dabi Twitter stans being absolute big mad because their favorite mass murdering psychopath is being treated like a mass murdering psychopath and not a poor, innocent victim who people should feel sorry for because he's hot.
Finding that out about Dabi cracks me up so much

See, this actually interests me, because it sounds like his Blue Fire is a quirk evolution from his stress and emotional state at that age, implying Todoroki could gain that power too.

I’m kinda enjoying seeing how quirks getting stronger and mental states changing is tied to the quirk actually suddenly evolving from stress.

This chapter explains why Endeavor wouldn't recognize Dabi as Touya because of the blue flames, because Touya's flames were originally red and Endeavor never learned that Touya had blue flames at all

Also people gonna complain that Touya is misogynistic because he said girls wouldn't understand, when the whole point of that statement is that Endeavor isn't training Fuyumi or Rei, meaning the issue is that Endeavor isn't training girls as his successors, so they understand what the sons are going through

Damn not surprised most of twitter is pissed at the Todo family for trying to heal and become a better family lmao....I will never understand the MHA fandom.

Good chapter overall. Glad the family is heading in a better direction

Twitter in general is a cesspool of toxic waste. People out here getting pissed over something really small
People on twitter get annoyed at the official translation changing from JP to ENG a single word or adding one more that doesn’t change the implications of the text or the idea it’s trying to give the audience
And everyone applauds those people as geniuses for it.
Translation just ends up that way but they don’t understand.

Sure the Shoto volume 26(I think?)change was a mess up but you can’t use that to say the entire bloody translation of the franchise is invalid or bad.

Back