• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MHA AP and Durability Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
The following calculations would upgrade several students and other characters who scale to it to High 8C or a higher degree of 8C.
Calculation 1
Calculation 2
Calculation 3
Calculation 4

The characters affected by this are:
Izuku, Shouto, Katsuki, Kirishima, Tokoyami, Iida, Inasa, Stain, Shigaraki, Muscular, Kaminari (although I thought electricity ignored durability), Tetsutetsu and Wolfram.

Along with this is an upgrade to Deku's base state through back scaling from 5% due to this statement. This upgrade would put Midoriya's base in the building level+ range. Calculation 4 above would also imply Deku's base is stronger than 9A at least.

Last edited:
upgrade to Deku's base state through back scaling from 5% due to this statement

Couldn't he just mean a small increase relative to 100% (which is a huge increase), not a small increase relative to his base state?

This is borderline undeniable and some good upgrades for earlier versions of the characters I agree outside of maybe the back scaling off 5%

Couldn't he just mean a small increase relative to 100% (which is a huge increase), not a small increase relative to his base state?
He specifically mentioned his current base level before saying 5% is only a small increase in power.

Deku: "Given the level my body's at (referring to his base), even when I control it (5%), it only gives a small increase in power".

He is nowhere comparing it to 100%.

He specifically mentioned his current base level before saying 5% is only a small increase in power.

Deku: "Given the level my body's at (referring to his base), even when I control it (5%), it only gives a small increase in power".

He is nowhere comparing it to 100%.
Guess that makes sense

An upgrade to Base Deku would also affect Shinso who can harm him. And that in turn would upgrade a lot of the physicals for other students.

These explosions, if I'm not mistaken, were created to be weak, with the intention of not hurting students, right? I haven't seen BNH in a long time
They were designed to be weak explosives by schools in MHA seem to have that as a running pattern like in the License exam
But it’s likely referring to them singularly

Last edited:
The first calc hasn't actually been accepted.

The explosion for the forth calc, considering the blast doesn't destroy any rock or concrete, we should use the default of 5 psi or 0.344738 bars, instead of 20 psi. Which lowers the results to 0.05 Tons or 9-A. That's also ignoring any other issues that could be brought up about it.

Calc (3.76 Tons) and Calc (4.79 Tons), here are some more calcs that have been accepted though.

Last edited:
These explosions, if I'm not mistaken, were created to be weak, with the intention of not hurting students, right? I haven't seen BNH in a long time
They were considered to not pack a deadly punch individually, and even with that statement, those explosives can still break the ground and send the students flying several meters in the air, something that could potentially kill a normal person in real life.

They were considered to not pack a deadly punch individually, and even with that statement, those explosives can still break the ground and send the students flying several meters in the air, something that could potentially kill a normal person in real life.
Yes, I understand that human in BHN are much stronger. But since the explosion was created not to be a real explosion, I think calculating the destruction it causes would be better

It destroyed dirt, the only result we're getting from that is 9-B I'm betting.

Also I agree with 5% small increase statement as well, so it doesn't really matter.

Though this is further proof on why we don't treat Izuku's percentages like actual percentages. 5% would be 5x higher than 1%, which should be higher than his base. The actual increase would be over 5x higher than his base, which isn't a small increase at all.

I agree with pretty much everything here. Most of the calculations have been accepted so the upgrades should be fine.

Looking at his feats, he has: reacting to Shouto’s ice barely, keeping up with Bakugou’s physical hits, taking some explosions from Bakugou (I’ve got some things to say about him), taking physical hits from Bakugou and cleaving the currently unknown (tier wise) one point bot with a slab of metal.

Concerning Bakugou, if we agree the size of his blasts don’t matter, why do we calc the size of them? Also the series does point out the size matters as his full power is not only much stronger but larger than his basic attacks.

Looking at his feats, he has: reacting to Shouto’s ice barely, keeping up with Bakugou’s physical hits, taking some explosions from Bakugou (I’ve got some things to say about him), taking physical hits from Bakugou and cleaving the currently unknown (tier wise) one point bot with a slab of metal.

Concerning Bakugou, if we agree the size of his blasts don’t matter, why do we calc the size of them? Also the series does point out the size matters as his full power is not only much stronger but larger than his basic attacks.
Because Bakugo’s smaller blasts, which don’t even reach building level, can harm characters on his tier. So bare minimum, his small explosions have to be comparable to his bigger ones in some way.

He could be doing said damage due to heat as his explosions are shown to burn people and objects.
But he did smaller explosions against villain bots and was shown to out right destroy them, so the force behind them is higher too. And most instances of him hurting people don’t seem to be solely heat, but like they are getting punched as well.

But he did smaller explosions against villain bots and was shown to out right destroy them, so the force behind them is higher too. And most instances of him hurting people don’t seem to be solely heat, but like they are getting punched as well.
He’s never harmed 8C characters with 9A force before. At best his fight with Kirishima which amounted to tons of chip damage.

Did we see him harm villain bots with small explosions in the manga?

He’s never harmed 8C characters with 9A force before. At best his fight with Kirishima which amounted to tons of chip damage.

Did we see him harm villain bots with small explosions in the manga?
He definitely harmed Shigaraki when he blasted him point blank. He also harmed Deku in their fight with explosions that weren’t high 8-C. He also hurt members of Class 1-B with explosions that weren’t high 8-c.

What examples are there of Bakugo’s smaller explosions not hurting people on his level? Also I see no reason why the anime’s portrayal of Bakugo destroying villain bots needs manga confirmation when the manga just skipped over it and said he destroyed them.

He definitely harmed Shigaraki when he blasted him point blank. He also harmed Deku in their fight with explosions that weren’t high 8-C. He also hurt members of Class 1-B with explosions that weren’t high 8-c.

What examples are there of Bakugo’s smaller explosions not hurting people on his level? Also I see no reason why the anime’s portrayal of Bakugo destroying villain bots needs manga confirmation when the manga just skipped over it and said he destroyed them.
You mean Shigaraki who shrugged it off with no visible damage.

Setsuna went down cause he detonated a Stun Grenade in her face. Bondo went down from continuous blasts and was burned afterward. Blade guy went down due to a throw not an explosion.

Bakugou never beat the villain bots with tiny attacks.

Setsuna went down cause he detonated a Stun Grenade in her face. Bondo went down from continuous blasts and was burned afterward. Blade guy went down due to a throw not an explosion.

I’ll concede on the Shigaraki point since he basically ignored the blast in favor of staring at his dads hand.

Blade guy was injured in chapters 207-208 when Bakugo jumps on Jiro’s back and blasts him in the face. He then blasts him again, and blade guy says fighting Bakugo head on is basically impossible. If you were to calc those explosions, I guarantee they wouldn’t be anywhere near large building level.

Repeated small explosions that are not building level should not faze a large building level character. The explosions Bakugo used on Bondo weren’t even a fraction of the size he used in chapter 2 or against Deku.

You’re also ignoring him harming 5% Deku with explosions that weren’t even close to high 8-c in size, or even when he blasted 8% Deku away from him, and despite not hitting him directly still hurt him.

Repeated small explosions that are not building level should not faze a large building level character. The explosions Bakugo used on Bondo weren’t even a fraction of the size he used in chapter 2 or against Deku.

Bondo doesn't even have a profile, does he?

You’re also ignoring him harming 5% Deku with explosions that weren’t even close to high 8-c in size, or even when he blasted 8% Deku away from him, and despite not hitting him directly still hurt him.

This might just be me, but very few characters in MHA are "explosion proof", as in will show zero reaction to being hit by an explosion. Only the likes of Shigaraki or All Might have shown minimal reaction to being hit by Bakugo's explosions.

I’ll concede on the Shigaraki point since he basically ignored the blast in favor of staring at his dads hand.

Blade guy was injured in chapters 207-208 when Bakugo jumps on Jiro’s back and blasts him in the face. He then blasts him again, and blade guy says fighting Bakugo head on is basically impossible. If you were to calc those explosions, I guarantee they wouldn’t be anywhere near large building level.

He wasn't harmed since he blocked the blast. He never said it was impossible. His dialogue would just imply he'd most likely lose for some reason like say; because Bakugo is a better fighter, has the superior quirk or can range spam him easily, all of the above are true.

That only vindicates my argument as Bondo was covered in burns and smoking afterwards.

His first attack burned Deku, subsequent attacks either missed or didn't do visible damage besides making Deku cough once. His attack that harmed 8% Deku didn't even draw a reaction from Deku and pretty much just launched him away before he regained his footing and came back like nothing happened.

Last edited:

Actually speaking of Shigaraki’s Durability why isn’t it rated as Baseline Large Building level+ for MLA Shiggy?

A clone of him could take a shot from 1% Re Destro and not insta die while everyone else did and Large Building level+ starts at 6.5 Tons with Re Destro being 5.1 Tons in that state

He also got stress bombed through multiple city blocks by 80% and got up with notable injuries nut he did survive or is there something I’m missing here?

Actually speaking of Shigaraki’s Durability why isn’t it rated as Baseline Large Building level+ for MLA Shiggy?

A clone of him could take a shot from 1% Re Destro and not insta die while everyone else did and Large Building level+ starts at 6.5 Tons with Re Destro being 5.1 Tons in that state

He also got stress bombed through multiple city blocks by 80% and got up with notable injuries nut he did survive or is there something I’m missing here?
Did the clone take any visible damage from Re Destro's swipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back