• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I finished the calc here, but I noticed the distance that I got contradicts other panels, so the feat might as well be lower than Supersonic.

We should probably find some other feat that we could use to scale or downscale the students from 5%.
I see. So Ibara being able to defeat Kaminari already counts as her reacting to his electricity? The reason I was hesitant to consider so is because we weren't shown Ibara actually reacting to the attack with her eyes.

The distance is definitely too short though. It would also mean that Ibara can create her vine shield at 710 m/s which is too fast I believe.

There are students who definitely would scale to 5% speed (especially in Rise of Villains keys) but IMHO not during as early as Sports Festival arc. Recipro Burst Iida (which is definitely supersonic IMO) was FTE to base Deku but 5% Full Cowl was comparable to it if I'm not mistaken, and it doesn't make sense that all the other students are on that level, combat or reaction speed.

question people keep bringing up deku turned into lightning in the movie, isnt that just animation effects?
Deku's lightning aura isn't actually lightning and just an effect of OFA... in the manga at least. In the Overhaul fight, his aura was melting Chisaki's body. The movie basically turned him into a ball of lightning but I don't think he actually melted anything IIRC, nor is it actual lightning. Nor does Deku turn jnto one.

More like the Japanese MHA fandom are just weird. Who knows what they are actually doing over there and what's the trend in their social circles (unless there is a Japanese person here that can comment on that).
It's just hilarious that the dude hasn't appeared since the license exams arc except for a brief appearance in a single panel in endeavor agency arc yet he's 9th

Shindo who hasnt appeared since the license exam arc is more popular than Shigaraki who literally just had 45% of the longest arc in MHA history dedicated to him kicking ass at 75% power.

Japanese people are weird. Their culture revolves around weird trends and stuff. IDK what Shindo means to them, but he's cool to them for some reason i guess.

I pray this leak is right. What i just read is so badass and in character for Deku
What did you read? You can just spoiler tag it.

I had seen on twiter that the account that used to do it isn't leaking stuff anymore. I thought we had to wait till at least Saturday for scans.

Dynamight (bakugo) 🤝 Exchange (my oc daughter of bakugo)

Haveing hero names named after their quriks and being a pun

Leaks out, and those Near High Ends are definitely 8-A since they're surviving hits from Nejire and Bakugo. Mirio now scales, and Iida does too since he's fighting them.

That also gives us an actual value for Deku and Bakugo's 8-A which is around Nejire's Max Power

Will this be throwing a wrench in scaling since this should be pretty much the same Mirio from the Overhaul arc with no way for him to have grown in strength?

He could’ve trained off screen likely as he was awaiting his quirk to return
He had nothing better to do.
We have no indication of such though, especially since he's supposed to have been acting as one of Eri's watcher which would cut into his training time.

An another good thing about this chapter is Hori not dropping the ball on Nejire and still letting her fight. I was complaining last week but glad that Hori proved me wrong. Surviving what seems to be a Flashfire attack from Dabi and continuing to fight gives off real Big 3 energy.

I'd be more cautious about scaling everyone up to 8-A though, despite how much I would like Mirio and especially my boy Iida to be at that level. There's been a lot of timeskips, in which I hope Hori has some reasonable explanation for how these two would have so much increase in power.

We have no indication of such though, especially since he's supposed to have been acting as one of Eri's watcher which would cut into his training time.
You could argue since Aizawa also got to look after her they likely took turns and During Aizawa’s time likely Trained.

unfortunately there’s nothing directly backing it up it’s just assuming via common sense

so if it is revealed what Mirio was doing over those months and it wasn’t training then the scaling is doomed

Looks like Nejire didn't get one hit K.O.ed. She's up and running.

With this new hero name reveal, people are gonna be discussing it for months.

Kirigiri about to pull the biggest clutch of his life, quote me on it.

Toga might pull something too. I still firmly believe she can mimic twice and use his quirk.

Back