• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I like how Mirio isn't really doing anything other than beating up some nomu so no one can claim "lol asspull he saved the day." Nejire is still up, Bakugo is still going, Iida is getting some combat.

This chapter is pretty great just from the previews.

I like how Mirio isn't really doing anything other than beating up some nomu so no one can claim "lol asspull he saved the day." Nejire is still up, Bakugo is still going, Iida is getting some combat.

This chapter is pretty great just from the previews.
I just Hope Next chapter we have some crazy speed feats for Iida

Iida needs some crazy speed feats cause way too many people have taken over his speedster role with every top tier having superspeed in one form or the other.

Mirio seems to be unable to beat the High Ends on his own according to the summary he’s asking for help cause he can’t beat them
Yep, he can't harm them. High-ends are all Black Nomu after all so it would be ridiculous if Mirio could harm them with his basic punches.

Even for Bakugo, he's using his explosions though minor ones and they only seem to be pushing these Near High-ends back but not actually damaging them. The heroes would at least need to pull off their special moves to injure them considerably.

Mirio really needs "phasing through the body & internal organs" as a special ability like Reverse Flash in DC, if he is to be a genuine threat to people with super durability. His intangibility already covers his defence and Phantom Menace and other similar moves cover his speed, what he is lacking right now is AP.

Yep, he can't harm them. High-ends are all Black Nomu after all so it would be ridiculous if Mirio could harm them with his basic punches.

Even for Bakugo, he's using his explosions though minor ones and they only seem to be pushing these Near High-ends back but not actually damaging them. The heroes would at least need to pull off their special moves to injure them considerably.
So what are NHE further into 8A or is it Bakugo and the others aren’t 8A? Also have these NHE taken a 100% attack from Nejire?

This also raises another question on whether all the heroes scale above 8 tons or whether they killed the Nomu by chip damage similarly to how Hawks killed those white Nomu.

What happened to Re-Destro and Edgeshot? They were fighting earlier in the arc but then they just dipped never to be seen again.

What happened to Re-Destro and Edgeshot? They were fighting earlier in the arc but then they just dipped never to be seen again.
Re Destro got sent flying was in the middle of getting his leg fixed then vanished

Edgeshot probably got knocked out when Machia went on a rampage and stomped the Mansion team off screen

Re Destro got sent flying was in the middle of getting his leg fixed then vanished

Edgeshot probably got knocked out when Machia went on a rampage and stomped the Mansion team off screen
Re Destro was already fighting Edgeshot though, and it was during/after Machia left the Mansion. They were left behind.

The issue for the possible AP changes is where to put the NHE's durability. IMO, Hood (7-C) > Hospital High Ends (possibly Low 7-C as they downscale from Hood) > NHE (probably 8-A? downscaling from HHE). I know this was discussed a few days ago, but I'm not certain what was the consensus (probably still need more feats or closer evaluation of current ones?).

We'll see if the effects Mirio's, Iida's, Nejire's and Bakugo's attacks to the NHE with the Korean scans (likely tomorrow). I'm almost certain that only Nejire and Bakugo (both already 8-A in their profiles) scale.

As for durability, Nejire probably should have either 7-C durability or Low 7-C, but this depends if we'll consider Dabi's Flashfire attack to have concussive force. He did match Enji's Jet Burn with regular Cremation, and Enji's regular Hellflame clashed with AFO's 7-C Air Cannon.

The issue for the possible AP changes is where to put the NHE's durability. IMO, Hood (7-C) > Hospital High Ends (possibly Low 7-C as they downscale from Hood) > NHE (probably 8-A? downscaling from HHE). I know this was discussed a few days ago, but I'm not certain what was the consensus (probably still need more feats or closer evaluation of current ones?).

We'll see if the effects Mirio's, Iida's, Nejire's and Bakugo's attacks to the NHE with the Korean scans (likely tomorrow). I'm almost certain that only Nejire and Bakugo (both already 8-A in their profiles) scale.

As for durability, Nejire probably should have either 7-C durability or Low 7-C, but this depends if we'll consider Dabi's Flashfire attack to have concussive force. He did match Enji's Jet Burn with regular Cremation, and Enji's regular Hellflame clashed with AFO's 7-C Air Cannon.
I think we agree the Dabi should have concussive Force with his flames just as Shoto to an extent but especially endeavor has showcased

I feel Low 7-C would be best for Nejire tbh

When it comes to base stats, all Black Nomu should be about the same. The difference between Hood and the other High-ends was that Hood was prepped and ready while the other weren't. This may affect coordination or maybe speed but I don't see how it affects durability considering their durability comes from biological tampering. It is permanent.

The only thing all black Nomus have in common is super regeneration. Dr. Garaki has explicitly stated that High Ends possess stats beyond Upper-Tier Nomus. Yes, they're biologically tampered, and High Ends by design are far superior than Upper Tier Nomus, as stated by Garaki. There's even a significant difference in stats in between High Ends that have yet to enter the testing phase and Upper Tiers, which is why the former is referred to as Near High Ends. This hierarchy exist for multiple reasons, difference in physical stats like durability included.

So I am clueless as of how that conclusion is reached, unless I'm missing something.

Nejire used her Quirk as a shield to block Dabi's attack, are we sure she can even scale?

Nejire used her Quirk as a shield to block Dabi's attack, are we sure she can even scale?
Maybe Idk because she still got hit the blow was just likely weakened so her dura likely just downscales

If people don’t agree with that then we can just say her AP with her quirk is Low 7-C for being capable of somewhat weakening Dabi’s attack

While her Wave Motion was present around her arms, I don't think she was able to intentionally block the flames and she was taken by surprise by it as she was about to attack Shigaraki. It may have weakened the impact of the flames by a bit but IMO she still at least downscales.

According to this source, the average blinking speed is 0.1 seconds, and that sometimes, it can last up to 0.4 seconds.

So can we keep Todoroki's Supersonic ice now that we know the average?

To be honest a bigger issue than the timeframe is assuming that the entire thing was fully made before Aizawa's blink was finished. The only amount of ice Todorki needed to create within that exact timeframe is the amount ice that would conceal him from Aizawa's view (which is admittedly harder to figure out).

I'm not saying this rules out supersonic ice, I'm just saying it's not a rock-solid speed. I hope we get more info later... like an explicit speed from Horikoshi or a databook.

To be honest a bigger issue than the timeframe is assuming that the entire thing was fully made before Aizawa's blink was finished. The only amount of ice Todorki needed to create within that exact timeframe is the amount ice that would conceal him from Aizawa's view (which is admittedly harder to figure out).

I'm not saying this rules out supersonic ice, I'm just saying it's not a rock-solid speed. I hope we get more info later... like an explicit speed from Horikoshi or a databook.
If a data book covered it it would say something like it can travel at like 100km/h or that it’s faster than an Arrow or something like that

MHA speed statements are kinda laughable

Back