• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

The ending of the latest chapter has me significantly conflicted, I was worried a Deus Ex Machina would happen and this is really close to the line of one for me, I'll have to wait to see how this plays out, but once again, I don't want the heroes to get a victory here at all, but it looks like the arc will end with a draw between the villains and heroes, which is fine if we are really shown that hero society and everything has taken a huge blow
I do understand how you feel this latest chapter I wouldn’t say feels like Dekus X machina though

I do understand how you feel this latest chapter I wouldn’t say feels like Dekus X machina though
I'll just have to wait to see what happens, what I don't want is "You know who" wrecking all of the villains currently present, he can be a force to be wreckoned with, but he shouldn't be stomping everyone

I'll just have to wait to see what happens, what I don't want is "You know who" wrecking all of the villains currently present, he can be a force to be wreckoned with, but he shouldn't be stomping everyone
Yeah I’m fine with him just being a helpful asset would genuinely be disappointed if he solos all the remaining a Nomu and Solos the League(Including Dabi)Making Machia run away with them.

Although that persons return was foreshadowed so it’s not too bad.

tbh is it me or does this whole % deku thing gets confusing? and have consistency issues. like one time iirc vs muscle man he went 1 million %?

We don't say that 45% Izuku broke Shigaraki's jaw, where are you getting that? It's probably a typo if true.

BlackeJan. Don't post to illegal sites, please delete that. Ant has already stated we could get into trouble for posting such links.
Huh. Probably misremembered.

So new Vigilantes chapter is out. So this flashback definitely takes place after Shirakumo was killed since Kurogiri appeared and probably before All Might’s fight with All For One as we see AFO’s face being fine this chapter. And both young Mirko and young Rappa were defeated by a Nomu that seems to be a young Hood. And O’Clock seems to be able to keep up with Hood even while being handicapped with the mask.

Last edited:
Near High-Ends are not 8-A, they're Unknown at worst and 8-C at best. They don't scale to Hood or the Hospital High-Ends, and they're not High 8-C if Mirio can knock them out in one hit

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure only Viz and Manga Plus are legal. If you can read the entire series for free on a website, then it's piracy and should not be linked on this form.

Of course that site isn't legal, remove that.

I don't think the Near High-Ends is 8-A. Endeavor was casually slapping them when he was at Jaku Hospital, while he nearly died against someone like Hood. At best, they'd be close to 8-B I guess? So Mirio probably should not end up as an 8-A. That just wouldn't make much sense.

Endeavor never fought any of the Near High-Ends, the ones he fought in the hospital are not Near High-Ends, they're just High-Ends. The Hospital High-Ends are 8-A via scaling above Ryukyu, who is 8-A.

Endeavor and Hood are 7-C, so the Hospital High-Ends do not scale to them either.

I don't think the Near High-Ends is 8-A. Endeavor was casually slapping them when he was at Jaku Hospital, while he nearly died against someone like Hood. At best, they'd be close to 8-B I guess? So Mirio probably should not end up as an 8-A. That just wouldn't make much sense.
I personally think Near High Ends should by High 8-C+

I’m not sure if people do agree with this or like the thought of Mirio simply training his body off screen over the time skip.

I personally think Near High Ends should by High 8-C+

I’m not sure if people do agree with this or like the thought of Mirio simply training his body off screen over the time skip.
I don't know about the High 8-C+, not disagreeing, I just haven't put myself into researching the current profiles (since I just caught up the other day).

Mirio definitely trained his body off. When he lost his powers he was still fighting. Right when he was admitted into the hospital he was still training. He had four months, I highly doubt he did nothing for all that time.

tbh mirio wasnt stated to have physical boost from his quirk tho he could be ignoring body muscle and aiming for organs or something

tbh mirio wasnt stated to have physical boost from his quirk tho he could be ignoring body muscle and aiming for organs or something
What do you mean by that? Mirio can't do that, if he stops using his Quirk while inside of something he gets repelled out. He can't do something like that.

Mirio in universe is stronger than 8% Izuku. 8% Izuku couldn't break Chisaki's left arm with one punch, yet Mirio could break his right arm with his punch. So in universe Mirio>Yakuza Arc 8% Izuku at the least. (Also how he made 8% Izuku collapse from a gut punch)

Endeavor's who's a normal human with a Flame Quirk, can take hits from 7-C characters, which makes him more durable than Fat Gum and Kirishima. In universe he's comparable to 45% Izuku which is a little less than half of 100%'s power.

You don't need a boosting Quirk in this universe to be strong, Horikoshi can make the characters as strong as he wants them to be.

So what manga site can we use to link on this site?

Viz and Manga Plus are the only legal sites that I'm aware of. Also they allow users to read the newly released chapters for free for a limited time. If people want to use less than legal means to read the manga they can search for it themselves.

We do, his striking strength doesn't scale to his explosions. His current striking strength is unknown since we haven't seen him throw a punch yet. While his previous one is High 8-C, not plus, for slightly hurting 8% Izuku.

I don't like the Unknown physically we put, it's redundant to put that there. AP doesn't mean physical strength, that's what the striking strength value is for.

However we should be consistent, if we do it for everyone else we should do the same for Bakugo.

We do, his striking strength doesn't scale to his explosions. His current striking strength is unknown since we haven't seen him throw a punch yet. While his previous one is High 8-C, not plus, for slightly hurting 8% Izuku.

I don't like the Unknown physically we put, it's redundant to put that there. AP doesn't mean physical strength, that's what the striking strength value is for.
So would we remove Dabi, Endeavor and every other character’s unknown physical AP?

That's not up to me, I don't like it but it's not against any rules. Lots of people do it because most people don't read the striking strength value (Which isn't our problem but whatever). However I do see a lot that don't put Unknown physically either, I just wish it was consistent.

Also Hawks doesn't have it either, so we aren't consistent about it either.

tbh is it me or does this whole % deku thing gets confusing? and have consistency issues. like one time iirc vs muscle man he went 1 million %?
Bruh, this specific example has been explained a million times including by the author himself. I rekebr reading that chapter ages ago and I wasn't confused at all cause obviously the kax of something is 100% so of course there's not really any 1 million %. The author already explained that it was Deku pumping himself up, it was hysterical strength. That was just another 100% punch.

So new Vigilantes chapter is out. So this flashback definitely takes place after Shirakumo was killed since Kurogiri appeared and probably before All Might’s fight with All For One as we see AFO’s face being fine this chapter. And both young Mirko and young Rappa were defeated by a Nomu that seems to be a young Hood. And O’Clock seems to be able to keep up with Hood even while being handicapped with the mask.
Just saw the chapter. Hood dodged every of Rappa',s punches head on apart from the past one when he landed a counter. At least goes to show how good his perception is. He beat both Mirko and Rappa in their field of expertise.

Back