• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

We knew that Hood had other test runs, Endeavor's fight was just his latest. Also we saw Prime AFO being shown a High-End Nomu, so we know that Hood being around during this time makes sense. Especially if he really is the first High-End that was created, though that's just my speculation there.

He's probably small because he's much younger and weaker, he likely is lacking some Quirks though I'm confused on how he can heal. AFO didn't get regeneration until after his head was crushed, so either this is a mistake or this is a different healing Quirk that's less potent then Super Regeneration.

Mirio in universe is stronger than 8% Izuku. 8% Izuku couldn't break Chisaki's left arm with one punch, yet Mirio could break his right arm with his punch. So in universe Mirio>Yakuza Arc 8% Izuku at the least. (Also how he made 8% Izuku collapse from a gut punch)
I honestly disagree with Mirio being stronger than 8% Izuku.

First, of all, when Mirio one-shot him, he hit him in the solar plexus, which is basically a super-weak/sensitive spot on your body. He even caught him off guard when he punched him.

Secondly, Izuku knocked Overhaul back several meters by just punching him in the arm. And in fact, Izuku actually did break Chisaki's arm in the process. It's shown here. So not only did he do the same thing Mirio can do, he basically did it better.

What, Chisaki is moving his left arm just fine. What are you talking about, did you post a wrong scan because his left arm isn't broken. Chisaki lost his right arm to Mirio, and began using his left. His left arm is hurt but he can move it just fine, while his right arm is hanging limp.

We do rate Mirio above 8%, make a thread if you don't like it. Yes but Mirio wasn't going all out either, he was casual. I'm not deny that's a sensitive spot, but he was clearly shown to be superior in that scene. He's not much stronger than 8%, but he clearly is.

Also sending someone flying doesn't mean anything, that can happen against someone you can't even injure. Endeavor punching Shigaraki as an example.

You see the Overhaul thing's a bit weird because not only do Mirio and Deku's punches carry the same sound effect but Deku's is portrayed as more heavy (I guess) as Deku launches him away with his attack. Mirio seemed to do more damage (maybe) as Overhaul just stopped using that arm although when Deku touched him he didn't really have a choice plus he later used the same arm Mirio 'broke'

What, Chisaki is moving his left arm just fine. What are you talking about, did you post a wrong scan because his left arm isn't broken. Chisaki lost his right arm to Mirio, and began using his left. His left arm is hurt but he can move it just fine, while his right arm is hanging limp.

We do rate Mirio above 8%, make a thread if you don't like it. Yes but Mirio wasn't going all out either, he was casual. I'm not deny that's a sensitive spot, but he was clearly shown to be superior in that scene. He's not much stronger than 8%, but he clearly is.

Also sending someone flying doesn't mean anything, that can happen against someone you can't even injure. Endeavor punching Shigaraki as an example.
Chisaki can actually use his right arm though since he used both arms to fuse with Chrono. His arm might've been broken but then again the same could be said for his left as neither are the worst breaks we've seen people have and move with.

Sure, Mirio wasn't going all out against Izuku, but this isn't a valid reason to scale him to Izuku. It's his weak spot.

And sending someone flying can only happen to someone you don't scale to if you catch them off guard. Logically speaking, if you can't even damage them how can you push them back?

Right I missed that, though he clearly can't move it all that well. He's really only closing his fingers, his arm is really bruised and trembling. Something that Izuku's punch didn't do, his left arm honestly seems fine. I mean his right arm was even waving in the wind when he unleashed his attack.

I think his arm is broken in the way Izuku's arm breaks, yet he can still use that broken arm.

And sending someone flying can only happen to someone you don't scale to if you catch them off guard. Logically speaking, if you can't even damage them how can you push them back?
That's untrue, your attack just need to overpower their own weight. It has nothing to due with AP or Dura.

Sure, Mirio wasn't going all out against Izuku, but this isn't a valid reason to scale him to Izuku. It's his weak spot.

Deku punched Overhaul while he was off guard. So by that logic, Deku could not scale to Overhaul.

That's untrue, your attack just need to overpower their own weight. It has nothing to due with AP or Dura.
You'd also need to overpower their own strength. Honestly, knocking someone back several meters would take way more force and energy than just breaking their arm.

The guides also list Overhaul's strength stats lower than Izuku's. So that also supports my claims.

Even discounting all of this? There's still no reason for Mirio to scale above 8% Full Cowl other than breaking Chisaki's arm. But it's pretty obvious 8% should be capable of doing the same at least.

Honestly, I'm too busy to make a CRT, but maybe when I'm free I'll probably just do that and fully explain my reasoning.

Mirio technically punched Chisaki off guard too since he was busy healing Chrono and wasn't expecting to get punched after catching his underling.
Hence why i disagree with that proposed logic, as it doesn't make sense.

MHA characters don't get physically weaker when off guard. They can be surprised, but Bakugo isn't going to one shot AFO Shigaraki just cause he didn't expect him.

That stupid guide list Uraraka's strength above Mirio, we do not accept that on this wiki. Chisaki has unknown physical strength anyway, he doesn't scale to anyone.

No your wrong, it's simple physics. It has nothing to do with strength, just overpowering weight, don't argue with me against something this basic.

Last edited:
That stupid guide list Uraraka's strength above Mirio, we do not accept that on this wiki.

No your wrong, it's simple physics. It has nothing to do with strength, just overpowering weight, don't argue with me against something this basic.
It's most likely due to her quirk being able to lift heavy objects easily. That's probably the reason. Besides, that's a completely different character and I don't think it would invalidate the whole guide.

Logically speaking, Mirio should be able to knock back Overhaul pretty easily if he was stronger than 8% like Izuku did. But he can't, even when he scored multiple hits on him. Izuku's feat is obviously way stronger.

Again, ignoring all of this, there's still not much that would put Mirio above 8% Full Cowl other than some stretches which can easily be sorted out.

So why is Aoyama listed as a 2 in strength, didn't realize his Navel Laser was weaker than a punch. We don't accept the guide and never will. He doesn't move his damn arm just fine, it's literally flapping in the wind and hanging limp. He only moves it one time and that was him moving onto Truth guy's face.

@Insert_creative_name_here_12 My viz scan doesn't have anything like that, where are you getting that scan?

So why is Aoyama listed as a 2 in strength, didn't realize his Navel Laser was weaker than a punch. We don't accept the guide and never will. He doesn't move his damn arm just fine, it's literally flapping in the wind and hanging limp. He only moves it one time and that was him moving onto Truth guy's face.

@Insert_creative_name_here_12 My viz scan doesn't have anything like that, where are you getting that scan?
I mean, his power being a D doesn't invalidate anything.

If his arm was broken so bad it was flapping in the wind he wouldn't be able to use his fingers properly or even touch the mask.

Again, ignoring all of this "force stuff" and "guides" there's nothing solid that puts Mirio above 8% Full Cowl. The stuff that does it sketchy at best.

I just want to ask, what rating are you suggesting for Mirio. I forgot to ask that.

I just want to ask, what rating are you suggesting for Mirio. I forgot to ask that.
Nothing really. I mean, despite everything I said, he should still scale to 8% Izuku at least, just not above him. He hit a weak spot when fighting him sure, but that weak spot should still be enhanced slightly by One For All.

There's a problem, Izuku 8% in the Yakuza Arc has no rating. We just upscale Mirio to be equal to "current" 8% because he's stronger than Yakuza Arc 8%. If they're equal in strength then how strong is he? He needs a number to scale to or this doesn't make any sense.

This is my picture of that scene, his arm isn't trembling for me.

There's a problem, Izuku 8% in the Yakuza Arc has no rating. We just upscale Mirio to be equal to "current" 8% because he's stronger than Yakuza Arc 8%. If they're equal in strength then how strong is he? He needs a number to scale to or this doesn't make any sense.

This is my picture of that scene, his arm isn't trembling for me.
Honestly, that should be something to figure out if I or anyone creates CRT about Mirio's stats. We have no clue how powerful 8% at that point is, but we do know that Mirio isn't stronger than 8% at least.

Well, in that case, I don't disagree it's damaged. But I think Mirio should probably only be scaled to 8%, not scaled above if we're talking about the "trembling" thing now.
No I mean are pictures are different, that's the discussion for me now, in @Insert_creative_name_here_12's scan Chisaki's left arm is trembling and in mine his left arm isn't trembling. I'm confused on why our scans are different.

No I mean are pictures are different, that's the discussion for me now, in his scan Chisaki's left arm is trembling and in mine his left arm isn't trembling. I'm confused on why our scans are different.
I really don't know. Maybe it could just be another release of the same chapter, from like a volume or something. It's happened before I think.

@Insert_creative_name_here_12 I understand, I guess your scan is more correct if that's true.

This is why the guide books aren't used on this wiki.

Geten is given B Strength which makes him weaker than Itsuka Kendo (A), Hound Dog (A+ Equal to Re-Destro's ranking actually), Nirengeki Shoda (A), Tetsutetsu and Kirishima (A-). If we're assuming the guide is talking about Quirk strength then this makes no sense, if it's not then once again the guide states Uraraka is (B-) stronger than Mirio (C). It also states Gran Torino is a D in strength, which makes him weaker than Uraraka and Mirio. And is equal to Momo who is also a D in strength.

Yeah the guide book doesn't make sense at all. Also Mineta (A) has higher intelligence than Endeavor (B)

Back