• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Overhaul breaks things down and then remolds that matter into new shapes. It’s pretty simple. We can technically do that in our real world with enough technology. Overhaul just does it instantly. It’s supernatural, yes, I never claimed otherwise, but it’s still GROUNDED because he can still understand it. Eri’s powers are also simple. She biologically reverses something. Supernatural, yes, but grounded. Shigaraki too.
You're legit trying to bullshit that disassembling and then reassemble matter almost instantly is grounded. Like your technology point also makes no sense. If you fantasize enough everything is possible with technology but it doesnt make it grounded.

Prove Deku’s air bullets are FASTER than bullets. No calcs. I am waiting.

There’s your problem; you used the anime. Use the manga. No response needed here, you used a flawed source.

Kaminari states that his electricity “goes everywhere”, he can’t control it or ”pAtH oF LeAsT REsiStAnCE” or whatever. So it’s not reaching them as fast as it would in a straight line. So no one scales to it. So sad.

What was stated exactly, about Eri’s quirk?

Oh my god. MHA is more grounded than other series. That’s all I said. This isn’t an argument. Get over it.

You're legit trying to bullshit that disassembling and then reassemble matter almost instantly is grounded. Like your technology point also makes no sense. If you fantasize enough everything is possible with technology but it doesnt make it grounded.
It’s grounded than other series which says: “and then the bad guy created an explosion which destroyed one hundred universes and then he died by ligma but came back later on due to sugma.”

This may be the single dumbest thing I've read in a while

"prove this but don't use this particular method to prove it"
Exactly. Because power scalers go into panic mode when they can’t rely on their flawed, ill-logic fan calcs which relies on a “feat” they made assumptions about. So sad for you.

So, you got no argument, or do you need to whip out your precious, always true, 100% canon fan calcs?

Exactly. Because power scalers go into panic mode when they can’t rely on their flawed, ill-logic fan calcs which relies on a “feat” they made assumptions about. So sad for you.

Bruh you are on the wrong forum/site if you're just going to cry foul on every fan calc 😂

AtomicSekiro: "Prove your argument, but don't prove it because I don't like that"

I think Atomic may be going for a record for most consecutive "bad takes" in a row

Then again I've seen him on several subreddits where does the same exact thing so I'm not surprised tbh

Yeah. Every fan calc isn’t canon. What a surprise.

So, use the actual canon to prove Deku’s air blasts are faster than bullets. If you can’t, I’m going to ignore this argument. No fan calcs.

In our real world, we can dissassemble a tree and make a chair with it.

Overhaul can touch a tree and turn it into a chair. He doesn’t add or take away matter. He changes matter he touches. He just cuts out all the middle men in the way.

Get over it. This isn’t an argument. It’s an opinion. In my eyes, MHA is more grounded than something like JoJo or Dragon Ball.

In our real world, we can dissassemble a tree and make a chair with it.

Overhaul can touch a tree and turn it into a chair. He doesn’t add or take away matter. He changes matter he touches. He just cuts out all the middle men in the way.

Get over it. This isn’t an argument. It’s an opinion. In my eyes, MHA is more grounded than something like JoJo or Dragon Ball.
Bro what, that isnt a valid comparison one ******* bit. Why? Oh its simple, we cant do it instantly. Oh also btw we cant revert the chair back to being a tree.

Literally nothing you said makes it grounded. Basically you: "He just cuts out all the middle men in the way, its nothing special you know. I might leave out some shit like we cant do it instantly or how we also cant revert shit back, but ignoring that its grounded, yeah definitely."

Yeah sure its an opinion but most things are in debating more or less. In my eyes MHA isnt grounded one bit.

So are 95% of series

Not based off anything you've said so far, if you're trying to prove a point you're not doing a good job of it and are repeating yourself.

What the ****? How are you suppose to prove something without using a calc? This is the dumbest thing I've heard so far on this thread. Deku's air blast are creating sonic booms thus they'd have to at minimum be moving at sound speed

"Natural electricity" follows the path of "least resistance" since Kaminari's electricity is an AOE attack that he just lets loose its naturally going to follow the "path of least resistance" as oppose to if he was aiming and firing it.

Also there is no such thing as "natural" and "unnatural" electricity. Electricity is electricity, even your brain fires off electrical impulses so where are you getting this "generated electricity" BS from?

Worse case scenario we can use the calc from the wiki which is fired from a tesla gun or "generated" as you would put it.

Yes, she did react to it after it was fired
bsRmgke.png
Bruh, you actually used the anime scene when it clearly messed up. Use manga panels. This is like using Bakugo's explosion in Kamino in a calc when it was clearly exagerrated in the anime.

Use the manga.

I’m not responding to anything about “grounded” or “realism” anymore. Go argue with a wall. Stop being so stressed over an opinion. I simply think MHA is more grounded than other series. I never said it was realistic.

Not stressed I just have no ******* idea on what else to do. But the problem is your trying to claim something is grounded while watering down the ability itself or ignoring some of it in like your tree comparisson.

Also yeah I just dont have any idea on what the **** to do with my life so Im here typing shit lol

I'll just say all my points in one:

- MHA is more grounded than other series. My basis for this is that it has no abilities that affect the world or the laws of the world. Abilities can affect matter but they don't literally affect the laws of nature. An example of what I consider abilities affecting the world is stuff like time stop, rewind, time travel, large scale spatial manip, conceptual manip, supernatural stuff involving souls, etc.

- On calcs: manga is the primary source and the most reliable feats are in the manga. Anime is just an interpretation. Even for movies, Horikoshi may provide the general story but there's still other people working on them. The manga is Horikoshi's sole work. Veracity of calcs: Manga >>>> Movies/Anime/Spinoffs like Vigilantes & TUM.

- On speed, again using manga canon, Horikoshi is extremely consistent. When characters are supersonic in movement speed, he doesn't fail to show it. Lightning or Lightspeed aren't a thing in the manga. Not a single character has ever dodged Navel laser after it was fired despite Aoyama being a weakling.

I'll just say all my points in one:

- MHA is more grounded than other series. My basis for this is that it has no abilities that affect the world or the laws of the world. Abilities can affect matter but they don't literally affect the laws of nature. An example of what I consider abilities affecting the world is stuff like time stop, rewind, time travel, large scale spatial manip, conceptual manip, supernatural stuff involving souls, etc.

- On calcs: manga is the primary source and the most reliable feats are in the manga. Anime is just an interpretation. Even for movies, Horikoshi may provide the general story but there's still other people working on them. The manga is Horikoshi's sole work. Veracity of calcs: Manga >>>> Movies/Anime/Spinoffs like Vigilantes & TUM.

- On speed, again using manga canon, Horikoshi is extremely consistent. When characters are supersonic in movement speed, he doesn't fail to show it. Lightning or Lightspeed aren't a thing in the manga. Not a single character has ever dodged Navel laser after it was fired despite Aoyama being a weakling.

Again the argument isn't about being grounded. The argument that was made was whether MHA is "more grounded" than "most" series out there which is complete bullshit that AtomicSekiro made up. You can say "MHA is more grounded in comparison to something like Dragon Ball or Bleach" but clearly less grounded than other series.

Also no one, not a single person claimed that the Naval Laser is light speed.

You made your points, but your points have little to nothing to do with the topic at hand.

So, Ridley, got no MANGA FEATS above bullet speed? I’m still waiting. Show a feat. A single feat. No fan calcs.
Bruh you have no clout here. A bit of advice, if you want something you should be willing to give something in return. Since you contribute nothing of value to this thread, no one is obligated to give you anything.

Plenty of Flat Earthers exist, too. Doesn’t make them right.

Just like you two. Unable to show a single bullet timing feat in the main manga.
Yet all you do is head canon that no one is MHA is as fast if not faster than bullets despite the fact that multiple calcs contradict it. Nothing in fiction will be consistent so there isnt a real reason to not use them if they havent been heavily contradicted which I dont think it has.

The episode came out today already but It only adapted one chapter, the dinner chapter, with tons of flashbacks added in.

The episode came out today already but It only adapted one chapter, the dinner chapter, with tons of flashbacks added in.
Looks like MVA will in fact be 7 Episodes

Next episode will probably be the end of the Endeavor Agency Arc

Season 5 really is lacking... Two rather boring arcs back to back with 2 episodes being filler...

MVA better end strong, because so far, Season 5 is like the worst season

Oh man so anyway just had a tiktoker try to bullshit Deku is flawed because he isnt as popular as Todoroki or Bakugou and that their backstories are better which automatically means Dekus is dull. Like isnt this the same logic as "Dragon Ball is the most popular anime so every anime is dull besides it" or "AOT is better written than Naruto so Naruto is not good". Like holy shit the more I search the worse MHA "fans" and haters get.

Dont dwell on it too much, just used it as an example. Like you can have any opinion on either of those but it doesnt discredit either of them too. So like you can think "AOT is better written than Naruto" or "Naruto is better written than AOT" but neither of those choices will make the opposite bad. The same way as you can think Bakugou or Todoroki is better written than Deku, but it wouldnt automatically mean Deku is bad.

All I hope is that Im not making a misunderstanding lol

Back