• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

You say nobody reacted when I give 3 ppl who have. Denki, 100% FC Deku and Bakugou who blitzed a even faster version of that lightning since all of his abilities were literally amped.
Except Denki didnt react to the lightning and Nine literally never used his lightning against 100% Deku and Bakugo.

Show me when he used his lightning against 100% Deku and Bakugo. All we see is that he holds it in his hands, but never uses it to attack, and he covers himself in it but it literally does nothing.

You say nobody reacted when I give 3 ppl who have. Denki, 100% FC Deku and Bakugou who blitzed a ever faster version of that lightning since all of his abilities were literally amped
Denki barely moved when he reacted to the lightning
There’s a reason why that Calc is only Supersonic+

On 100% Deku and Bakugo
People already disapproved of so I won’t mention that
Who disproved this? I need to see how they did this and I can 100% prove how wrong they are lmaooo. Them not being massively hypersonic, but blitzed a man amped with lightning aura, who could also freely manipulate lightning after evolving his quirk. What’s funny is someone tried to disprove me by saying stupidity like they used the lightning aura as a visual effect like what that they do with deku, it’s all in his brain Lmfaoooo🤣

So the baby who emitted light at the beginning of the series has FTL reactions and speed? Since they have a ”light aura”??

Hell, Deku kind of emits light when he turns on Full Cowling. Let’s upgrade Deku to FTL and scale everyone up to him.

Except Denki didnt react to the lightning and Nine literally never used his lightning against 100% Deku and Bakugo.

Show me when he used his lightning against 100% Deku and Bakugo. All we see is that he holds it in his hands, but never uses it to attack, and he covers himself in it but it literally does nothing.
Why would the lightning not do nothing? How’d that make
Everyone else
Lightning Aura =/= lightning speed without further context which there is none
the context is him knowing 100% about his own quirk. How lightning works clearly and when evolving his quirk he was freely capable of using manipulating lightning which makes sense becuz his power is to weather control, him being capable of creating tornadoes, knowing how to use lightning etc.

Why would the lightning not do nothing? How’d that make

the context is him knowing 100% about his own quirk. How lightning works clearly and when evolving his quirk he was freely capable of using manipulating lightning which makes sense becuz his power is to weather control, him being capable of creating tornadoes, knowing how to use lightning etc.
Because the lightning didn’t do anything. You also ignored my request. Show me when Nine used his lightning to attack Deku or Bakugo at 100%.

That’s totally diff situation. Once again what are these terrible correlations buddy your 0 for 2 now jus stop pls
I’m just using your own logic. Stop ignoring my requests and actually prove a single thing you’ve ever said.

Show. A. Video. Or. Imgur. Link. Showing. Nine. Using. His. Lightning. Against. 100%. Deku. Or. Bakugo.

Because the lightning didn’t do anything. You also ignored my request. Show me when Nine used his lightning to attack Deku or Bakugo at 100%.
I’m just using your own logic. Stop ignoring my requests and actually prove a single thing you’ve ever said.

Show. A. Video. Or. Imgur. Link. Showing. Nine. Using. His. Lightning. Against. 100%. Deku. Or. Bakugo.
I already have reread what I’ve been sending slowly pal. The man created a lighting aura which = lightning speed clearly. He created that thinking it’s give him a boost jus like how he used to tornadoes as way to fly and move around. At that point he put lightning around himself which boosted his speed and still didn’t help him because once again like I said he got blitzed by them both

You’re an actual lobotomite, or a troll. Pick your preference. I won’t read anything you write from now on. You’re too stupid or being willingly idiotic. Bye bye.

Explain yourself first. I won’t respond to you until you do. Stop acting smug and just explain your logic to me.
You don't need to be faster than the projectile you're trying to dodge.
To make a short "calc" about it:
Nemoto was a good distance away from Eri. Maybe 5 meters or so as an estimate.
He only fired when Mirio was already near Eri.
Assuming the bullet was travelling at 375 m/s (we can see "Austria" written on Nemoto's gun, so it's likely a glock), and the approximate distance of 5 meters, the bullet would've travelled at 0.0133333333333 seconds from Nemoto's gun to Eri. In order to move Eri 1 meter from her position, or in order for Mirio to move himself and Eri 1 meter from their position, Mirio would only need to be 75 m/s fast to dodge the bullet and save Eri. Which is the maximum speed of a bus.

TL;DR: Mirio only needed to be 1/5 the speed of the bullet to save Eri.

He did it while running up Gigantomachia to get to Compress.
You mean Chapter 295? He never boosts his speed by permeating through a person either.
Unless you're talking about Gigantomachia. Which Mirio seem to have done so in one of Machia's spikes, which might as well be an enormous stone pillar in of itself lol

You’re an actual lobotomite, or a troll. Pick your preference. I won’t read anything you write from now on. You’re too stupid or being willingly idiotic. Bye bye.
So you lost the debate proved nothing and now talking out your ass with pitiful insults lmaooo cute. Like I said Nine = MHS+ <<<< Deku & Bakugou 100% FC

Cool. So Mirio is slower than 75 m/s in travel speed. Thank you for that calc. So it’s consistent. He couldn’t react to the bullet nor outspeed it.

You’re making an assumption that Mirio can‘t phrase through and speed off people the same way he does for all other matter. What gives him the speed is his cells literally not being able to be apart of another object’s cells. That’s physics. So he’s SHUNTED away at high speed. What is the difference between him using a person’s cells and a wall’s cells? Can you prove there’s a difference?? The mechanism of his shunting isn’t different all of a sudden because it’s a person as opposed to a wall.

Anyways now that we got that out the way why are we talking about mirio not being > Bullet when it’s not needed. We have ppl like kirishima literally reacting to bullets and hardening in time to block it lol and he was seen getting lolblitzed by mirio 😭

If you calced the physical attack of Nine’s lightning against Deku and Bakugo (the ground cracking, the mass air pressure, the crator it made, etc etc) how powerful would it be in physical damage? And would Denki scale to that due to the fact he had to tank it, and was left in the crator with just an overloaded brain but generally physically unharmed??

Cool. So Mirio is slower than 75 m/s in travel speed. Thank you for that calc. So it’s consistent. He couldn’t react to the bullet nor outspeed it.
It's actually inconsistent, but okay, I guess?
You’re making an assumption that Mirio can‘t phrase through and speed off people the same way he does for all other matter.
No.
You're the one making an assumption that Mirio can phrase through and speed off people the same way he does for all other matter.
Especially since he never does it. I thought you preferred empirical evidences instead of head canon. Where is it?
What is the difference between him using a person’s cells and a wall’s cells? Can you prove there’s a difference??
The difference lies at the fact that a person have cells. Walls and other inorganic objects do not have cells.

If you calced the physical attack of Nine’s lightning against Deku and Bakugo (the ground cracking, the mass air pressure, the crator it made, etc etc) how powerful would it be in physical damage? And would Denki scale to that due to the fact he had to tank it, and was left in the crator with just an overloaded brain but generally physically unharmed??
Denki absorbed the lightning which is his hax, however the lighting was so strong on the point of impact it also created a crator. So yeah it would probably upscale his durability but at the same time giving him a limit to how much he can absorb before going dumb. Thats my take on it.

Right, it’s ATOMS and stuff. So. What’s the difference between the atoms of a person and the atoms of a wall, and why can’t Mirio, arbitrarily, according to you, phase-jump off a person when he can phase-jump off walls? Where’s the logic??

And its consistent. Mirio can’t react to bullets nor move in comparison to them. So every student scales below this at that time of the manga. But, oh, I guess it’s the headcanon fan calcs based off assumptions that are more canon than what actually happens, so…

And he DOES do it. Gigantomachia. You just, again, arbatrarily say Gigantomachia is special and there’s a new headcanon assumption that changes the result, like 99% of all calcs on here.

Fan calcs are always correct. So base Deku without full cowling has better reactions than Aizawa since Aizawa couldn’t react to Todoroki making big ice while Deku could react to him making little ice. Cuz y’know. Fan calcs are always correct. Fan assumptions are always correct. Canon means nothing, fan calcs are the best canon.

Bakugo too. Since he reacted to big ice whereas Aizawa could not. Because fan calcs are always correct. And they NEVER ignore context. Because fan calcs. Are correct.

After like an eternity of pixel scaling i have finally finished a calc that puts deku (just 100%) at high hypersonic+ Ima make a blog to see if it can be evaluated (something my 5% deku calc hasnt been yet)
What's the point though? There's already better feats for Deku

I really hope MHA gets nowhere near lightspeed in actuality. The best part about the series is that it is grounded. Like Attack On Titan, for the most part. AOT would be incredibly boring if Mikasa suddenly went lightspeed and killed 9 million titans in 2 seconds just because it was cool.

At this point there's nothing "grounded" about MHA. The comparison to AoT is one of the dumbest things I've read in a wile.

Right, it’s ATOMS and stuff. So. What’s the difference between the atoms of a person and the atoms of a wall, and why can’t Mirio, arbitrarily, according to you, phase-jump off a person when he can phase-jump off walls? Where’s the logic??
You're the one who is claiming Mirio can phase-jump from the average person.
The burden of proof is on you, not me.

The "difference between atoms" was never the issue, btw. You're the only one who brought that up.
And its consistent. Mirio can’t react to bullets nor move in comparison to them. So every student scales below this at that time of the manga. But, oh, I guess it’s the headcanon fan calcs based off assumptions that are more canon than what actually happens, so…
No. There are many instances that suggests speed sufficient enough to rescue Eri.
For what its worth, I've been a proponent against supersonic MHA as well, so this isn't really a dichotomy between "supersonic" and whatever speed level it is you're trying to suggest.
And he DOES do it. Gigantomachia. You just, again, arbatrarily say Gigantomachia is special and there’s a new headcanon assumption that changes the result, like 99% of all calcs on here.
I didn't. Also, "head canon" isn't a magic word that magically nulls the argument oppose to you, so it's for everyone's best mental health for you to stop arbitrarily using it.

What sets Machia and his appendages apart from everyone else is size. Machia and his spikes are all humongous, heavy and solid in comparison to a moving human. He's practically like the ground itself, which is what Mirio typically uses to propel himself via Permeation. The difference is mass.

You understand now? If Mirio uses the propulsive properties of Permeation towards a person like, say, any of Class 1-A, the most likely reaction is Miro and the target being propelled away from each other instead of Mirio propelling himself from them. Because not only are they smaller and lighter but they are not earthbound via mass which would negate the propulsion itself as they stay stationary.

Remember, this so called "phase-jump" occurs with the principle of matter unable to exist in the same space, so they push each other away.

And again, he could've also done this thing, but he didn't. Because that's not a thing he usually does. He just phases through human-sized targets or bashes them with physical force.

It’s more grounded than most other series. It’s like the MCU. There’s some wonky stuff but it’s still based on ”””reality”””.
No it really isn't....the series literally has characters that can "erase" people from existence

It definitely isn't at the top (although that can change in the future) but it definitely isn't more grounded than "most other series" as you put it.

The comparison to AoT is one of the dumbest things I've read in a while, congratulations.

Last edited:
Also the "Mirio" argument is pointless, it's clearly done for plot purposes. Gentle Criminal was able to dodge Midoriya's air bullets (which are faster than regular bullets) at nigh point blank range and Midoriya is faster than Gentle Criminal is at 5%. Mirio still made Midoriya and the rest of Class 1A look like a bunch of jackasses

That also includes Tokoyami who could react to Kaminari's electricity and Mina who could dodge the naval laser at night point blank range

The idea of Mirio being sub sonic or sonic speeds is nonsense

So you lost the debate proved nothing and now talking out your ass with pitiful insults lmaooo cute. Like I said Nine = MHS+ <<<< Deku & Bakugou 100% FC
Guys, both of you, chill. If you are getting heated over little discussions then take some time off from this particular thread.

No it really isn't....the series literally has characters that can "erase" people from existence

It definitely isn't at the top (although that can change in the future) but it definitely isn't more grounded than "most other series" as you put it.

The comparison to AoT is one of the dumbest things I've read in a while, congratulations.
Even for characters with hax there is usually a limit or prerequisite for their quirk to work. In fact almost all hax MHA quirks require touch for them to work which is pretty limiting.

Even for characters with hax there is usually a limit or prerequisite for their quirk to work. In fact almost all hax MHA quirks require touch for them to work which is pretty limiting.
We're not talking about "limits" we're talking about logic. Why exactly does Eri "rewind" someone into non-existence? How does that work exactly? What's the explanation?

That's the opposite of "grounded in realism" because there is no logic on how matter simply disappears where as a series like AoT everything can be explained despite how ridiculous the reasoning behind something is.

Even an ability such as "matter manipulation" would have some logic or rationale behind it.

The point is that Hori tries to keep quirks as grounded as possible no matter how powerful or hax they are. There's set limitations to almost every quirk.
Having limitations doesnt mean its grounded. Like are you forgetting overhaul deconstructs matter or some shit like that? Or how Eri literally rewinds people out of existance? Or how Shigaraki destroys a city with a mere touch? Having limitations or weakness doesnt make it grounded at all.

We're not talking about "limits" we're talking about logic. Why exactly does Eri "rewind" someone into non-existence? How does that work exactly? What's the explanation?

That's the opposite of "grounded in realism" because there is no logic on how matter simply disappears where as a series like AoT everything can be explained despite how ridiculous the reasoning behind something is.

Even an ability such as "matter manipulation" would have some logic or rationale behind it.
How can everything in AOT be explained when sending consciousness through time literally happens in AOT. Basically time travel and even altering the past. Eri's quirk isn't even time manip, just biological manipulation. It might not be scientifically explainable but it doesn't literally break rules of reality the same way AoT time shenanigans do. MHA doesn't have a single ability hax or not that can affect the rules of the world.

At most only Manga Fukudashi's quirk qualifies to some extent but it has hard limits.

It’s more grounded than, say, “I can destroy the entire universe in one attack but can still be hurt by bullets if I lower my power level enough”.

Its more grounded than most other series. It’s similar to Attack On Titan. It’s the “real world” with subtle differences. For instance, AOT has titans, but the rest of the world is basically just normal humans with normal human technology. Same thing with BNHA; it’s literally our world, but everyone is born with a power, most powers being useless, and a rare few who have OP quirks which still have biological limitations. Even Eri.

I’m not saying it doesn’t have supernatural elements that cannot happen in our world. I’m just saying it’s closer to our world than other series. Shoot a gun at Eren’s brain, Eren dies. Shoot a gun at Deku’s brain, Deku dies. Without their powers switched on at least.

Also the "Mirio" argument is pointless, it's clearly done for plot purposes. Gentle Criminal was able to dodge Midoriya's air bullets (which are faster than regular bullets) at nigh point blank range and Midoriya is faster than Gentle Criminal is at 5%. Mirio still made Midoriya and the rest of Class 1A look like a bunch of jackasses

That also includes Tokoyami who could react to Kaminari's electricity and Mina who could dodge the naval laser at night point blank range

The idea of Mirio being sub sonic or sonic speeds is nonsense
Prove Deku’s air blasts are faster than bullets without using a fan calc. Go!

Kaminari’s electricity doesn’t go in a straight line, and it’s quirk genetated electricity in the first place, so you’d have to prove it’s as fast as natural electricity. And Mina never reacted to the naval laser, she predicted it.

Basically time travel and even altering the past. Eri's quirk isn't even time manip, just biological manipulation.

No it isn't...Eri's quirk literally erased her father from existence, not just de-aged him into a fetus because in that case there would still be some trace of him ei "law of conservation" if you're erased from existence that means there's zero trace of you left

Having limitations doesnt mean its grounded. Like are you forgetting overhaul deconstructs matter or some shit like that? Or how Eri literally rewinds people out of existance? Or how Shigaraki destroys a city with a mere touch? Having limitations or weakness doesnt make it grounded at all.
Overhaul breaks things down and then remolds that matter into new shapes. It’s pretty simple. We can technically do that in our real world with enough technology. Overhaul just does it instantly. It’s supernatural, yes, I never claimed otherwise, but it’s still GROUNDED because he can still understand it. Eri’s powers are also simple. She biologically reverses something. Supernatural, yes, but grounded. Shigaraki too.

No it isn't...Eri's quirk literally erased her father from existence, not just de-aged him into a fetus because in that case there would still be some trace of him ei "law of conservation" if you're erased from existence that means there's zero trace of you left
What happens when you reverse the growth of something? It becomes smaller. And smaller. And smaller. Until it’s so small you can’t even percieve it. That’s what Eri did.

Nobody claimed that the series isn’t supernatural. It’s still GROUNDED, unlike say, Dragon Ball, where characters die and come back to life due to literal magic on the daily and the entire verse runs on soul energy, aka, Ki.

It’s more grounded than, say, “I can destroy the entire universe in one attack but can still be hurt by bullets if I lower my power level enough”.

So are 95% of series

Its more grounded than most other series.

Not based off anything you've said so far, if you're trying to prove a point you're not doing a good job of it and are repeating yourself.

Prove Deku’s air blasts are faster than bullets without using a fan calc. Go!
What the ****? How are you suppose to prove something without using a calc? This is the dumbest thing I've heard so far on this thread. Deku's air blast are creating sonic booms thus they'd have to at minimum be moving at sound speed

Kaminari’s electricity doesn’t go in a straight line, and it’s quirk genetated electricity in the first place, so you’d have to prove it’s as fast as natural electricity. And Mina never reacted to the naval laser, she predicted it.

"Natural electricity" follows the path of "least resistance" since Kaminari's electricity is an AOE attack that he just lets loose its naturally going to follow the "path of least resistance" as oppose to if he was aiming and firing it.

Also there is no such thing as "natural" and "unnatural" electricity. Electricity is electricity, even your brain fires off electrical impulses so where are you getting this "generated electricity" BS from?

Worse case scenario we can use the calc from the wiki which is fired from a tesla gun or "generated" as you would put it.

Yes, she did react to it after it was fired
bsRmgke.png

Last edited:
What happens when you reverse the growth of something? It becomes smaller. And smaller. And smaller. Until it’s so small you can’t even percieve it. That’s what Eri did.

Nobody claimed that the series isn’t supernatural. It’s still GROUNDED, unlike say, Dragon Ball, where characters die and come back to life due to literal magic on the daily and the entire verse runs on soul energy, aka, Ki.

That isn't what was stated though, you're using head cannon to argue against what the actual manga stated

Also the argument here isn't on MHA being "GROUNDED" or not, the argument is against the notion you set earlier of MHA being more grounded than "most" series which isn't the case

Dragon Ball isn't the norm, it's the exception. The criteria you set can be applied to a vast majority of series out there ergo MHA wouldn't be more "grounded" than other series

If a character can "fly" and the only explanation is it's their "quirk" then you're already exceeding the bounds of realism and calling it "grounded" is a stretch

Something like Ghost in the Shell, Samurai Champloo, Rurouni Kenshin, Case Closed etc are what most would consider "grounded" in realism.

Last edited:
Back