• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Prove Deku’s air blasts are faster than bullets without using a fan calc. Go!

Kaminari’s electricity doesn’t go in a straight line, and it’s quirk genetated electricity in the first place, so you’d have to prove it’s as fast as natural electricity. And Mina never reacted to the naval laser, she predicted it.
Actually, the headcanon would be to say that Kaminari can produce his own electricity, I personally think that he also accumulates his own static, but factually all we know is that Kaminari's electricity is only electricity that he accumulates from external means, such as the current in his house, and that he can use to charge technology that requires common electricity, such as cell phones. So yes, the electricity from Kaminari is "" real electricity "" as much as you want, which is supersonic.

Actually, the headcanon would be to say that Kaminari can produce his own electricity, I personally think that he also accumulates his own static, but factually all we know is that Kaminari's electricity is only electricity that he accumulates from external means, such as the current in his house, and that he can use to charge technology that requires common electricity, such as cell phones. So yes, the electricity from Kaminari is "" real electricity "" as much as you want, which is supersonic.

Did u just say he doesnt produce his own electricity? Cringe

That isn’t the official description of him:

Denki generates his own electricity, but he can also absorb other electricity and charge things with it. However, even if it IS the exact same speed as actual electricity, he cannot control its direction, and thus it takes much longer to reach a target unless he’s using his pointers. So no one scales to reacting to it.

Denki, multiple times, produces electricity without having to use an outside source. Remember his quirk training? He was running his own charge through the battery, not absorbing the battery into his charge. Absorb and release is just one part of his quirk.

Him sucking on a socket is just part of his training to handle more wattage. Usually, sucking on electronics doesn’t go well. But he’s resistant to electricity and can train that resistance.

That isn’t the official description of him:

Denki generates his own electricity, but he can also absorb other electricity and charge things with it. However, even if it IS the exact same speed as actual electricity, he cannot control its direction, and thus it takes much longer to reach a target unless he’s using his pointers. So no one scales to reacting to it.

Denki, multiple times, produces electricity without having to use an outside source. Remember his quirk training? He was running his own charge through the battery, not absorbing the battery into his charge. Absorb and release is just one part of his quirk.

Him sucking on a socket is just part of his training to handle more wattage. Usually, sucking on electronics doesn’t go well. But he’s resistant to electricity and can train that resistance.

Depends on how they react to it. Regardless of the distance its moving, its still at X speed.

Prove Deku’s air bullets are FASTER than bullets. No calcs. I am waiting.

There’s your problem; you used the anime. Use the manga. No response needed here, you used a flawed source.

Kaminari states that his electricity “goes everywhere”, he can’t control it or ”pAtH oF LeAsT REsiStAnCE” or whatever. So it’s not reaching them as fast as it would in a straight line. So no one scales to it. So sad.

idk about deku air bullets being faster than normal bullets, but shock waves have comparable speeds, and that's what they are

That scan of Air Force looks a little scuffed, like a fan translation. What chapter is it from? I’ll find the official one.

Im pretty sure it’s not a shock wave. It’s an air blast. Swing your arm as hard as you can. Feel the wind youre “pushing” against? Deku is doing that but on a much, much, much stronger scale. It’s a blast of compressed air. Not a shockwave from an explosion.

Well. No one reacted to it, so no one scales to it.
Not sure if they talk about this moment, but i guess it could be.

Dark shadow had to get up to cover Deku, and some people scale dark shadow.

But to be honest, anyway I think the feats that most clearly leave them supersonic are that Rappa has a certain scaling with casual Overclock, and Kirishima could react to Rappa.
In addition to Aizawa having a more explicit electricity reaction feat in vigilantes

The electricity didn’t hit Dark Shadow nor the team, as Tokoyami said before, Kaminari’s electricity would’ve destroyed Dark Shadow.

Rappa BARELY scales to O’clock. O’clock was EMBARRASSING him in speed and only took hits when he WANTED to take hits.

When did Aizawa react to electricity?

The electricity didn’t hit Dark Shadow nor the team, as Tokoyami said before, Kaminari’s electricity would’ve destroyed Dark Shadow.

Rappa BARELY scales to O’clock. O’clock was EMBARRASSING him in speed and only took hits when he WANTED to take hits.

When did Aizawa react to electricity?

idk man, dark shadow doesn't look very destroyed in this image.
Also, in the previous image it seemed that a bit of electricity hit the deku team from below

Yeah right, even if you think Overclock was humiliating Rappa, it doesn't change the fact that even with his speed of reaction he was unable to get too close because he couldn't find an opening between Rappa's quick blows and reflexes.

And we're talking about a guy who sees bullets in slow motion.
And we are talking about a much less experienced Rappa than the one who fought Kirishima.

Here is Aizawa dodging with a jump an electric attack that had already been discharged, with enough power to damage the electrical system of a building

idk man, dark shadow doesn't look very destroyed in this image.
Also, in the previous image it seemed that a bit of electricity hit the deku team from below

Yeah right, even if you think Overclock was humiliating Rappa, it doesn't change the fact that even with his speed of reaction he was unable to get too close because he couldn't find an opening between Rappa's quick blows and reflexes.

And we're talking about a guy who sees bullets in slow motion.
And we are talking about a much less experienced Rappa than the one who fought Kirishima.

Here is Aizawa dodging with a jump an electric attack that had already been discharged, with enough power to damage the electrical system of a building

You actually brought facts with scans. Thumbs up. 👍

Half the arguments on here would be solved if people actually used scans instead of arguing from memory since one can forget, misremember or misconstrue some stuff after they haven't checked the manga for a while.

Dark Shadow isn’t being destroyed because it isn’t in range. Deku’s team is much further than the other teams who the electric attack was meant for. Is Tokoyami just lying for no reason? They’re also visibly NOT being shocked, they’re being blinded by the flash, and Deku is covering his eyes.

Oclock couldn’t find an opening due to the amount of blows and the speed. But he was still WAY faster than him.

Aizawa didn’t dodge electricity by outspeeding. At best, that’s an aim dodging feat. He moved before the electricity was used to attack. I’d also like to know how far Aizawa exactly was from the eel guy.

Dark Shadow isn’t being destroyed because it isn’t in range. Deku’s team is much further than the other teams who the electric attack was meant for. Is Tokoyami just lying for no reason? They’re also visibly NOT being shocked, they’re being blinded by the flash, and Deku is covering his eyes.

Oclock couldn’t find an opening due to the amount of blows and the speed. But he was still WAY faster than him.

Aizawa didn’t dodge electricity by outspeeding. At best, that’s an aim dodging feat. He moved before the electricity was used to attack. I’d also like to know how far Aizawa exactly was from the eel guy.
1-Then show me the scan where Tokoyami mentions that a single attack from Kaminari would be capable of DESTROYING Dark Shadow
By the way, now are we going to take the words of the students literally? Even when visually it is seen that Dark shadow could withstand the electricity? Or perhaps that electricity that is clearly not only reaching dark shadow, but going further, is visual adornment?

Dark shadow is not even weak to electricity as such, but to its light, so it is in range anyway.

2-Of course, Overclock surely faster than Rappa, it does not change the fact that as you mentioned, he could not find an opening due to the speed of his blows, and I repeat, we are talking about someone who sees bullets in slow motion. Consequently, these blows must be faster than ordinary bullets.

3- uh, Aizawa is aim dodging an omnidirectional attack of electricity? Is he aim dodging an attack that was generating light that he mentions obstructing his view? How is it possible that he saw the light of something that has not yet been generated?

That last one sounds a bit like ... a headcanon

”His sunlight attack would have wrecked my armour.” Given Tokoyami’s gifted way of speech, he’s basically saying that Dark Shadow would’ve been done for if he was actually hit. Which he wasn’t. Since he wasn’t done for. And never took a hit. Since they’re out of range. Either way, even if it did hit, no one reacted to it and Dark Shadow was already in front of the group before the attack went off, so he didn’t react to it either. Explain why Deku isn’t going “BAZZTZTZTZTZTZTZT” like all the other teams are if they actually got hit. Unless Dark Shadow carries the properties of being made of rubber and can completely stop transference of electricity from him to TKonami, then the whole team would’ve gotten shocked regardless if they were actually in range.

O’clock’s perception is much faster than his speed.

Yes. Aizawa sees the enemy completely covered in electricity in the previous page, and is blinded by the electricity, so he jumps backwards, and then the enemy attacks. He’s jumping out of range before the attack. He isn’t outspeeding the attack. Unless you’re saying Aizawa is suddenly a lobotomite and doesn’t think about jumping back when his enemy is completely coveted in electricity until the enemy begins attacking. I’d also like to know how far Aizawa was compared to the eel guy before the scene.

Weird how so many “feats” need to be justified by turning the characters into lobotomites.

”His sunlight attack would have wrecked my armour.” Given Tokoyami’s gifted way of speech, he’s basically saying that Dark Shadow would’ve been done for if he was actually hit. Which he wasn’t. Since he wasn’t done for. And never took a hit. Since they’re out of range. Either way, even if it did hit, no one reacted to it and Dark Shadow was already in front of the group before the attack went off, so he didn’t react to it either. Explain why Deku isn’t going “BAZZTZTZTZTZTZTZT” like all the other teams are if they actually got hit. Unless Dark Shadow carries the properties of being made of rubber and can completely stop transference of electricity from him to TKonami, then the whole team would’ve gotten shocked regardless if they were actually in range.

Yes. Aizawa sees the enemy completely covered in electricity in the previous page, and is blinded by the electricity, so he jumps backwards, and then the enemy attacks. He’s jumping out of range before the attack. He isn’t outspeeding the attack. Unless you’re saying Aizawa is suddenly a lobotomite and doesn’t think about jumping back when his enemy is completely coveted in electricity until the enemy begins attacking. I’d also like to know how far Aizawa was compared to the eel guy before the scene.

Weird how so many “feats” need to be justified by turning the characters into lobotomites.

I don't really get your argument. You are disregarding scans that are clear as day and then misconstruing other words to force your narrative? It's clear as day Dark Shadow gets hit by Kaminari's attack and blocks Deku from getting shocked. It's right there on the panel and even Dark Shadow has tears just like every time it gets hurt. The electricity also extends past Deku on the side. Tokoyami says Kaminari would wreck his armor not Dark Shadow on top of that it is the light itself considering Tokoyami's weakness is light. He literally says sunlight attack not electricity so I don't even understand how you can misrepresent that when it is right there on the page.

And isn't this Deku saying Zzt? He's even the only one saying it so how can you say "explain why Deku isn't going bzzt like the rest" when in the actual panel it's only Daku saying it? Shouldn't your question be the opposite?

The Aizawa comment is even more ridiculous. Aizawa was going to erase the guy's quirk but the guy started charging up his attack blinding Aizawa. The guy then let out an indiscriminate attack which Aizawa jumped back to avoid. It's just a normal action sequence. He isn't an idiot for anything. I don't know why you are acting as if these panels are rocket science. There isn't even anything to interprete. Just look at the pictures on the page.

1-Given Tokoyami's gifted way of speech, if he meant literally destroyed, he would have said that and he would not have said wrecked which is a word used more ambiguously to simply say that something would hurt him a lot, (https://www.lexico.com/definition/ wreck) Which, in fact, you can see what happens, as Dark Shadow is crying. Or are those tears also just a visual adornment as it is apparently the electricity that reached him ?
And I ask again, are we now taking what the students said literally? Because I guess that makes Bakugo the strongest of BNHA. In any case, even if Tokoyami did think that he would literally destroy him, we are talking about a tokoyami who, for all we know, had never fought someone with a light-generating quirk before.

And if I'm not being clear, yes, tokoyami must be able to block electricity to some extent for this feat, or do you have any MANGA canon information that says what is the physical composition of Dark shadow that contradicts that? or is it just a ... you know, headcanon of yours

2-Yes, but still Overclock sees the bullets in slow motion, like snails, and is seeing the blows as more dynamic things, his speed of perception should show you that Rappa blows are faster than ordinary bullets.

By the way, do you have the scan where it is confirmed that the overclock perception speed is higher than his combat speed?

3-The whole argument of this is based on believing that the villain first generated a little electricity to cover himself and much later he fired it completely, which is not implicit in the manga at all.
If that's the case, why instead of jumping he just don't erased his quirk? Do you have any proof of this outside of "Is that Aizawa couldn't be that fast"? or is just a ... headcanon?

All the comment of the characters being lobotomites does not fit here, he would be a lobotomite for not trying to erase the villain's quirk.

Last edited:
No, Dark Shadow isn’t being shocked. They are out of range. Even if true, NO ONE is reacting to the electricity. And no, that’s the sound effect of the electricity, not Deku. Dark Shadow is crying for the same reason Deku is covering his face; Denki is BRIGHT when he uses his quirk. Why would Tokoyami lie about a weakness, to his team, who needs to know his limitations and weakness? “Kaminari is super dangerous. We need to avoid him. He can destroy our armour. Lol just kidding Dark Shadow can take his attacks no problem. Ecks dee. So funny. Ain’t I such a jokester, totally accurate to my character?”

Regardless, no one reacted to the electricity, so no one scales. Dark Shadow was already in the way. Dark Shadow isn’t covered in the same aura of electricity the other teams who were shocked is.

Aizawa has always had a gap between uses of his quirk where he can’t re-use his quirk. It causes him pain. That’s why he gets angry when he had to use it against Bakugo during the ball throw test. Regardless, Aizawa SEES THE ELECTRICITY BEFORE IT IS USED TO ATTACK.

For some reason imgur uploads in random order for me.

Aizawa MOVES AWAY /BEFORE/ the eel guy uses the quirk to attack. BEFORE that the electricity is simply surrounding him. It’s almost like context isn’t important.

No, Dark Shadow isn’t being shocked. They are out of range. Even if true, NO ONE is reacting to the electricity. And no, that’s the sound effect of the electricity, not Deku. Dark Shadow is crying for the same reason Deku is covering his face; Denki is BRIGHT when he uses his quirk. Why would Tokoyami lie about a weakness, to his team, who needs to know his limitations and weakness? “Kaminari is super dangerous. We need to avoid him. He can destroy our armour. Lol just kidding Dark Shadow can take his attacks no problem. Ecks dee. So funny. Ain’t I such a jokester, totally accurate to my character?”

Regardless, no one reacted to the electricity, so no one scales. Dark Shadow was already in the way. Dark Shadow isn’t covered in the same aura of electricity the other teams who were shocked is.

Aizawa has always had a gap between uses of his quirk where he can’t re-use his quirk. It causes him pain. That’s why he gets angry when he had to use it against Bakugo during the ball throw test. Regardless, Aizawa SEES THE ELECTRICITY BEFORE IT IS USED TO ATTACK.

For some reason imgur uploads in random order for me.

Aizawa MOVES AWAY /BEFORE/ the eel guy uses the quirk to attack. BEFORE that the electricity is simply surrounding him. It’s almost like context isn’t important.

So i guess you're not going to respond to the fact that it is clearly seen that the electricity did reach them.
Nor are you going to answer that it would have been in character for tokoyami to use more serious words if he really were to destroy Dark shadow with a single attack.
Nor that Tokoyami, as far as canonical information is known, has not fought before with any light user to know how much they will weaken him.
Nor that, you have nothing to prove that Dark Shadow should not be able to block electricity, being that his weakness is light, not electricity.

apparently here if it is okay statements >>> feats

And Vigilantes takes place before the main series, Aizawa has no problem blinking. Also there it is seen that there is a panel where the electricity has already expanded to the citizens and THEN Aizawa jumps.

The electricity didn’t reach them tho. So it’s not clear. Show me where Deku and Co are surrounded by the same electricity aura that the other teams were when they were hit by the electricity.

Tokoyami always speaks like this. What are you talking about.

Tokoyami knows light can dispel Dark Shadow. This is ignorant. Are you saying Tokoyami does not know the limitations /of his own quirk/?

Show me where Dark Shadow or any character reacted to the electricity. Because no one did. Being near something ≠ reacting to that thing. I can stand and stare at a generator going haywire and spewing electricity everywhere and run away from it without being shocked but that does not make me an electricity timer.

Aizawa had his blinking weakness before the main series. It’s literally something he HAS. It’s a DRAWBACK. That’s why it’s not always on literally all the time when he’s in combat. It’s why he has breaks between uses EVEN BEFORE HE ”FIGHTS” USJ NOMU.

That simply means Aizawa was out of range, the citizens were not. Aizawa was already aware of the attack because he was literally staring at it for 2 pages. He simply moved out of range and was already pretty far away.

Dark Shadow is also probably crying because he loathes violence. And watching a student brutally shock other students with 1.3 million volts was pretty harrowing to him, which is why he’s still crying a page later, asking everyone to get along.

THIS is what it looks like when Kaminari shocks someone. He completely covers them in electricity, like an aura. Something Dark Shadow doesn’t have in either cases of you trying to “prove” he was hit by it.

AND EVEN IF IT DID HIT DARK SHADOW
HE STILL DID NOT REACT TO IT. BECAUSE HE WAS ALREADY IN THE WAY.
SO THIS IS POINTLESS.

It should not be this hard to read and interprete panels. There are pictures on there showing exactly what is happening.

The electricity didn’t reach them tho. So it’s not clear. Show me where Deku and Co are surrounded by the same electricity aura that the other teams were when they were hit by the electricity.

Tokoyami always speaks like this. What are you talking about.

Tokoyami knows light can dispel Dark Shadow. This is ignorant. Are you saying Tokoyami does not know the limitations /of his own quirk/?

Show me where Dark Shadow or any character reacted to the electricity. Because no one did. Being near something ≠ reacting to that thing. I can stand and stare at a generator going haywire and spewing electricity everywhere and run away from it without being shocked but that does not make me an electricity timer.

Aizawa had his blinking weakness before the main series. It’s literally something he HAS. It’s a DRAWBACK. That’s why it’s not always on literally all the time when he’s in combat. It’s why he has breaks between uses EVEN BEFORE HE ”FIGHTS” USJ NOMU.

That simply means Aizawa was out of range, the citizens were not. Aizawa was already aware of the attack because he was literally staring at it for 2 pages. He simply moved out of range and was already pretty far away.
1-?

2-I'm just saying that wrecked is a very ambiguous word to take literally, especially when contradicted by feats

honestly this is no longer even about whether dark shadow reacted or not, I just can't understand how you can think that electricity didn't reach it, now you even have your own headcanon about why dark shadow is crying.

3-Yes, I am saying that Tokoyami, even if he knows that the light weakens him, unless you can prove that in canon he fought with an electricity user before, he should not know how much someone who generates electricity would weaken him. So even though he, maybe, really did want to say that Kaminari would defeat him with a single attack, that is just an educated guess he is doing himself.

4-Out of range ? he was the one who was closest

And again, if Aizawa really had that much time to get away, he would have just erased his quirk, but that's not what is depicted in the manga.

What is really unnecessary from this discussion is that you were unable to show anything against Rappa's attack speed, so even if all of this electricity stuff was decanonized, characters comparable to Kirishima are already supersonic in reaction without the need for calcs, which was the main point I think.

Again, they weren’t in range, Dark Shadow isn’t being shocked. No one reacted. No one.

You’re literally saying Tokoyami was lying to his own team about his weakness and now saying he doesn’t understand his own quirk, just because he hadn’t faced an electricity user. Wow. It’s almost like, he doesn’t need to. Denki generates light when he uses his quirk. Light hurts Dark Shadow. The closer to Denki, the more light he would he taking. Huh. Wonder how that works. Wonder why Tokoyami said Kaminari was dangerous. It’s almost like Tokoyami knows Kaminari’s light generated from using his quirk could harm Dark Shadow. Because he has experience with light harming dark Shadow and even tells his team that dark Shadow becomes weaker in the light before the match even starts. Huh.

Regardless, no one reacted to the electricity, and no one ever has nor ever will. End of this discussion.

So you’re saying Aizawa can move several metres away faster than he can simply THINK and activate the neurons in his brain to turn his quirk ON, when he’s ALREADY STARING at the target? Absolute insanity. We really gotta dumb characters down to 2iq levels to justify these “feats” instead of just using Occams Razor.

O’clock was still so much faster than Rappa so that’s irrelevant. His own punches were acting like a wall of fists. Not fast enough to ever, ever, ever tag O’clock but fast enough to make it very hard to find a SAFE opening.

Again, they weren’t in range, Dark Shadow isn’t being shocked. No one reacted. No one.

You’re literally saying Tokoyami was lying to his own team about his weakness and now saying he doesn’t understand his own quirk, just because he hadn’t faced an electricity user. Wow. It’s almost like, he doesn’t need to. Denki generates light when he uses his quirk. Light hurts Dark Shadow. The closer to Denki, the more light he would he taking. Huh. Wonder how that works. Wonder why Tokoyami said Kaminari was dangerous. It’s almost like Tokoyami knows Kaminari’s light generated from using his quirk could harm Dark Shadow. Because he has experience with light harming dark Shadow and even tells his team that dark Shadow becomes weaker in the light before the match even starts. Huh.

Regardless, no one reacted to the electricity, and no one ever has nor ever will. End of this discussion.

So you’re saying Aizawa can move several metres away faster than he can simply THINK and activate the neurons in his brain to turn his quirk ON, when he’s ALREADY STARING at the target? Absolute insanity. We really gotta dumb characters down to 2iq levels to justify these “feats” instead of just using Occams Razor.

O’clock was still so much faster than Rappa so that’s irrelevant. His own punches were acting like a wall of fists. Not fast enough to ever, ever, ever tag O’clock but fast enough to make it very hard to find a SAFE opening.

Im sorry, but, i do not know if I am not being clear enough, I do not care anymore if they reacted or not, I want you to explain to me what is that marked with red in the image if the electricity did not reach them?

""So you’re saying Aizawa can move several metres away faster than he can simply THINK and activate the neurons in his brain to turn his quirk ON, when he’s ALREADY STARING at the target? Absolute insanity. "" Yes, i know, that is why I ask you, why do you think Aizawa moved away from the enemy, that according to you, first he only covered a little electricity an later discharge more, instead of only erasing his quirk? because that's what YOU are saying

What I'm saying is that the villain discharged all his electricity, Aizawa noticed that, and since he cannot logically erase something that was already produced with a quirk, he had to dodge it.

And again, Overclock clearly didn't say that, if those punches were unable to hit him, wouldn't it be impossible to find an opening, what kind of logic is that?
And again, yes, overclocking is faster, it doesn't change the fact that Rappa's punches were perceived as somewhat faster than how he see bullets.

No like there are actually groups of people thinking they can beat MHA characters with a gun and so they also justify momo being op. There is also fanon Denki who solos fiction because 120 volts is enough to kill a human lmao
To be fair, it's not really that hard to justify kaminari making it to high tier in bnha, if he was a better fighter.

According to the ultra analysis he has one of the strongest quirks of his class, so it shouldn't be that hard to think that in Horikoshi's head he is closer to people like Kirishima or Tokoyami than to people like Hagaruke or Koda.
And, this is going to be my controversial take, if we dare to take the movies as a reference, which seems to be controversial right now, it is in fact possible to interpret one of his feats as more impressive than it initially seems.
Because, looking at Heroes Rising again you can see that Nine noticed a considerable increase in power when Deku reached 20%, and the only reason he attacked with a lightning bolt seems to be because he noticed that deku's power went up even more. Kaminari was able to absorb a lightning bolt comparable to that one, intended to kill Deku and Bakugo.
So, just maybe, kaminari is able to resist and can accumulate in his body enough electrical energy to damage a Deku over 20% of OFA

I never noticed how weird and gross Burnin’s hands look up close. You can REALLY see them when she salutes Endeavor this episode.

Looking at this panel again, I always thought he was tearing chunks out of the building as he slung past. But now I think he’s actually being shot at and that’s what’s taking chunks out of the building. I don’t think we’ve ever seen Deku use Blackwhip to tear chunks out of stuff.

Back