• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Head canon. Deku literally dodges bullets at 5%. Even your author intent backs it up as the author or makers of the movie thought it was cool for him to dodge bullets so its true. They don't think deeply about it so they obvioulsy thought just doing that makes 5% Deku bullet level.
Does Deku dodge bullets? Yes. With aim dodging. He doesn’t react to bullets or outspeed bullets. Next.

Whether Mirio is slower than bullets or not literally doesn't matter as Mirio didn't need to be faster than the bullet to rescue Eri.

A

Chp 150 you’ll see him react to multiple bullets and while drunk. Him activating his quirk has nothing to do with bullet speed, it’s always going to be supersonic and him reacting will make him above that.
Oh, you mean when he permeated before the bullets fired, since his entire fighting style is about prediction? So, he permeated before the bullets were fired. So he didn’t react. Nor move in comparison to the bullets. So he’s still way below bullet speed. Which is consistent with him being hit by a bullet later on. Got it. So you’re wrong.

Does Deku dodge bullets? Yes. With aim dodging. He doesn’t react to bullets or outspeed bullets. Next.
Prove he was aim dodging. In fact, Im pretty sure calc uses a bullet that he directly dodges. And hey, authors intent>your head canon. Author thought it would make him bullet speed so he is.

I’m done arguing about supersonic speeds that’s disrespectful to mha and myself. I’m here for lightning speed mha since nine movie, him having lightning aura has yet to be disproven. Nine = massively hypersonic+ end of movie

Prove he was aim dodging. In fact, Im pretty sure calc uses a bullet that he directly dodges. And hey, authors intent>your head canon. Author thought it would make him bullet speed so he is.
A wanky headcanon calc based off faulty logic, sure. Just like how one can get the entire verse to lightspeed by calcing naval laser and the people who “react” to it.

He wasn’t moving faster than the bullets nor reacted to them. In fact, the bullets were covering FAAAAR more ground between frames than he was. So again, not a bullet speed feat. Show me something from the manga.

The anime doesn't contradict that scene though?
The manga has the feat in the exact same way, the anime is just used for timeframe

Anime should only be completely discarded if it completely contradicts a scene which is case by case.
Nope, the anime contradicts it. In the manga Iida just cracks the ground a little. In the anime he makes multiple sonic cones.

Manga >>>>>>>> Anime in canonicity. It doesn’t matter how consistent or close it is.

I’m done arguing about supersonic speeds that’s disrespectful to mha and myself. I’m here for lightning speed mha since nine movie, him having lightning aura has yet to be disproven. Nine = massively hypersonic+ end of movie
Except no one reacts to the lightning so you’re just wrong.

Deku “dodging bullets” in Two Heroes is one of the wankiest and headcanon calcs on here, because it assumes so much.

We literally cannot see the bullets in motion. The FPS of animation itself does not allow it. The scene is playing out in “real time”, but the bullets are covering far more distance than Deku is in the scene anyway. Maybe if it was in slow motion and we actually see Deku moving faster than the bullets in 14,000 FPS speed rather than 24 FPS then maybe it would be a reliable scene to calc. But it isn’t. So we shouldn’t.

Basic physics? You don't need to be faster than the projectile you're trying to dodge. Mirio could've been literally moving at the speed of a bus and he would've rescued Eri easily.
And with regards to this:
Each one with a single punch to the stomach… when he can, effectively, TELEPORT.
Mirio can only "teleport" if he permeates to the ground. It still would've taken insane speed to pull that off, even assuming the students he knocked out all had normal human speed, as he did it in 5 seconds.
Sufficient speed to rescue Eri from Nemoto shooting them.

Basic physics? You don't need to be faster than the projectile you're trying to dodge. Mirio could've been literally moving at the speed of a bus and he would've rescued Eri easily.
And with regards to this:

Mirio can only "teleport" if he permeates to the ground. It still would've taken insane speed to pull that off, even assuming the students he knocked out all had normal human speed, as he did it in 5 seconds.
Sufficient speed to rescue Eri from Nemoto shooting them.
That makes no sense. Explain. It makes literally no sense to me. I have no idea what you’re trying to say. Are you saying Mirio could’ve been normal human speed and he would’ve been able to save Eri “realistically”, and he only didn’t because he was stupid? How?? Explain. I legitimately do not understand what you’re getting at.

False. He can propel himself off anything he permeates through. It stands to reason he used the students to propel himself even faster by permeating through them. Fast speed? Yes. Bullet speed?? No.

Nope, the anime contradicts it. In the manga Iida just cracks the ground a little. In the anime he makes multiple sonic cones.

Manga >>>>>>>> Anime in canonicity. It doesn’t matter how consistent or close it is.
But in the manga for that specific scene there is no such difference
Unless if you count the camera being further away for the anime version compared to the manga but otherwise its a straight up recreation. Which got deku's jumping speed at 180m/s.

Even Pony apparently has a Supersonic+ attack speed calc using anime timeframe. (Not sure how different the anime was from the manga on this one though)

And that is a extreme outlook
If the manga just shows a dude moved fast but the anime shows how long it took with little to no difference otherwise (Just giving detail), then use the anime to fill the hole. There is nothing wrong with this. Most people are fine with this as well.
If an anime shows a character traveled hundreds of meters while the manga shows like 60m then use the manga.
Anime's for stuff shouldn't be completely disregarded in all aspects

There’s a another link on this site where I explain how nine is massively hypersonic+ and how fandom knows this hence why they have 2 keys for massively hypersonic+ speeds lmaooo. One for the cloud to ground lightning and the other for the lighting he was able to freely use when pushed to the brink and had his quirk evolve. Scroll up In this I think it’s in here probably on the prev page,

But in the manga for that specific scene there is no such difference
Unless if you count the camera being further away for the anime version compared to the manga but otherwise its a straight up recreation. Which got deku's jumping speed at 180m/s.

Even Pony apparently has a Supersonic+ attack speed calc using anime timeframe. (Not sure how different the anime was from the manga on this one though)

And that is a extreme outlook
If the manga just shows a dude moved fast but the anime shows how long it took with little to no difference otherwise (Just giving detail), then use the anime to fill the hole. There is nothing wrong with this. Most people are fine with this as well.
If an anime shows a character traveled hundreds of meters while the manga shows like 60m then use the manga.
Anime's for stuff shouldn't be completely disregarded in all aspects
Someone else take this for me. I’m not going to repeat what I already said.

There’s a another link on this site where I explain how nine is massively hypersonic+ and how fandom knows this hence why they have 2 keys for massively hypersonic+ speeds lmaooo. One for the cloud to ground lightning and the other for the lighting he was able to freely use when pushed to the brink and had his quirk evolve. Scroll up In this I think it’s in here probably on the prev page,
Wtf are you talking about.

Nine does not scale to his lightning for the same reason I do not scale to the bullet I fire if I pull the trigger on a gun. Prove. Otherwise.

He didn’t “freely use” his lightning. He held it in his hands and had it cover him for a few seconds. He never uses it to attack nor propel himself (the tornado at his feet is already propelling himself).

Wtf are you talking about.

Nine does not scale to his lightning for the same reason I do not scale to the bullet I fire if I pull the trigger on a gun. Prove. Otherwise.

He didn’t “freely use” his lightning. He held it in his hands and had it cover him for a few seconds. He never uses it to attack nor propel himself (the tornado at his feet is already propelling himself).
You prove my point then regress lmaoo. “He held lightning in his hands” that’s all I needed to see from you now no more talking. He literally had it cover him giving him a what? Lightning aura. Why would this aura not be lightning speed if he uses cloud to ground lightning per usual, him being able to freely wield it gave him a speed enhance clearly. Which didn’t help becuz he still got blitzed but both of them in the final clash.

So MCU Thor is a lightning timer because he can cover himself in lightning?

If I fire a gun, am I myself, a bullet timer??

He clearly didn’t get a speed increase because even after covering himself in lightning he was still dealt with by Deku and Bakugo who weren’t blitzting Nine before he had the aura. Your logic is actually lobotomite logic.

Next your gonna say it isn’t lightning speed becuz it isn’t proven to be that even tho he only uses cloud to ground lightning in the first place. Why wouldn’t he know how it works when that’s his quirk but w.e even if you say that it doesn’t take away from the fact that his lightning would still at the very least be massively hypersonic - MHS+

That makes no sense.
Have you ever played dodgeball? Or any sports at all? I'm quite certain this is taught in high school. It's surprising that you don't understand it, but it explains your responses in this thread.
I believe I explained it quite clearly.
Are you saying Mirio could’ve been normal human speed and he would’ve been able to save Eri “realistically”, and he only didn’t because he was stupid?
No, I did not. I'm baffled at how you arrived at that conclusion.
False. He can propel himself off anything he permeates through. It stands to reason he used the students to propel himself even faster by permeating through them.
Can you show any example of Mirio doing this, then?
Because he never did this, and it stands to reason that he didn't. Try not to make headcanon claims when it's your prevalent complaint throughout the thread.
Permeating through a huge mass of solid is different from permeating from a moving mostly liquid body, too.

For what its worth, I think there's only 1 person in this site that actually believes anyone scales to lightning in MHA.
That claim has been rejected multiple times already.

Next your gonna say it isn’t lightning speed becuz it isn’t proven to be that even tho he only uses cloud to ground lightning in the first place. Why wouldn’t he know how it works when that’s his quirk but w.e even if you say that it doesn’t take away from the fact that his lightning would still at the very least be massively hypersonic - MHS+
It is lightning speed.

No one reacts nor scales to it because no one reacted to or moved in comparison to it.

Have you ever played dodgeball? Or any sports at all? I'm quite certain this is taught in high school. It's surprising that you don't understand it, but it explains your responses in this thread.
I believe I explained it quite clearly.

No, I did not. I'm baffled at how you arrived at that conclusion.

Can you show any example of Mirio doing this, then?
Because he never did this, and it stands to reason that he didn't. Try not to make headcanon claims when it's your prevalent complaint throughout the thread.
Permeating through a huge mass of solid is different from permeating from a moving mostly liquid body, too.
Explain yourself first. I won’t respond to you until you do. Stop acting smug and just explain your logic to me.

That is the worst correlation I’ve ever Hurd Jesus Christ lmaooo. If I fire a bullet I’m the bullet timer 🤣🤣🤣
I simply used your logic against you. If your own logic makes you laugh, then, well… I don’t even have to say anything.

You remind me a youtuber who said MCU Hela is MFTL because she threw her daggers inside the Bifrost and they ”went faster than the Bifrost” so therefore she is faster than the Bifrost itself which is MFTL.

Anyways like I said nine have himself a
For what its worth, I think there's only 1 person in this site that actually believes anyone scales to lightning in MHA.
That claim has been rejected multiple times already.
It’s been rejected becuz this site has a weird standard. We have literal feats that scale to small 6-b in the movie yet we don’t use them for what reason? No good reason at all. You can’t have a feat be there and then jus not use it all it’s hilarious that’s why knowing this I’m non discriminative with feats etc in the verse I use everything

I simply used your logic against you. If your own logic makes you laugh, then, well… I don’t even have to say anything.
You didn’t use my own logic like at all. I have a reasoning behind him being mhs you jus said words buddy and words which still don’t correlate with what I said

It is lightning speed.

No one reacts nor scales to it because no one reacted to or moved in comparison to it.
You say nobody reacted when I give 3 ppl who have. Denki, 100% FC Deku and Bakugou who blitzed a even faster version of that lightning since all of his abilities were literally amped.

Cmon it’s too easy proving my point. You can’t disprove anything done with feats prior to what’s shown either, that’s a common tendency on this site. Using prior events to judge current events/feats. Click this link and it’ll give you second by second frame by frame showing how it’s a reaction from Kaminari also. Kaminari made it from an unknown distance to where bakugo and Deku were standing and interecepted a lightning bolt, all while it was hitting them. If you slow the seqeunce, we see Kaminari move his arm right where deku was previously, indicating he started moving after the lighting bolt started coming down, not before.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/684431672019648576/688877155081519138/unknown.pnghttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/684431672019648576/688875454429528123/unknown.pnghttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/684431672019648576/688876434449760435/unknown.pnghttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/684431672019648576/688876818484559922/unknown.pnghttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/684431672019648576/688877969455841280/unknown.png

”Can you show any example of Mirio doing this, then?
Permeating through a huge mass of solid is different from permeating from a moving mostly liquid body, too.”

He did it while running up Gigantomachia to get to Compress.

You say nobody reacted when I give 3 ppl who have. Denki, 100% FC Deku and Bakugou who blitzed a even faster version of that lightning since all of his abilities were literally amped.
Denki barely moved when he reacted to the lightning
There’s a reason why that Calc is only Supersonic+

On 100% Deku and Bakugo
People already disapproved of so I won’t mention that

Back