• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Looks like Koichi got another buff since he can now project the repulsion field as defence anywhere on his body.

By the way at this point he is pretty much top 10 hero level and he has all his bases covered: speed, defence, attack which is pretty balanced for MHA characters.

Prove he wasn’t there, then. Even if you can, the lightning doesn’t hit Deku or Bakugo in the first place. They didn’t react to it. They said they used Denki as a lightning rod, so clearly it didn’t hit them, it hit Denki, who was hiding.

As for supersonic, Hori clearly knows the difference between supersonic and subsonic. That's why Bakugo only ever made his first cone in Endeavor Agency arc after training with Endeavor.

Deku didn't have cones with 5 or 8% but has them with 20% at least in the movies. Iida only has them with Recipro Extend and Recipro Turbo but he has never made a sonic boom with his normal Recipro Burst.

Now I know sonic booms and Mach cones aren't everything to speed but that's just one example.

Mirio has one cone feat in the manga during the Near High-end fight where his punch makes a cone. It might just be representing impact if it was speed, I still maintain Mirio is only that fast when he uses Phantom Menace to accelerate. Otherwise if we are just talking about his ordinary movement speed, there is no way he can move at supersonic in base, I don't think any MHA character can move at such speeds without using their quirks to accelerate.

Oh god not lightspeed MHA wank. Please no. Anything but that. I can’t take it again.
“Lightspeed wank” but has multiple statements and literal evidence spread throughout the series to prove it concrete lol. Early chps 30s stated to be light, chp 150- 170ish around cultural festival we see proof of how his beam is light via radiate disco balls and during JT Arc covering shadows and pure darkness etc. after Endevaor pro agency arc which is around 260ish we see the literal nail in the coffin. Toru hagakure literally takes him lightbeam and says I can refract the light thru my body and send it outwards. Speed of refraction at the very least is above massive hypersonic

Man says headcanon. This is the same page that says one piece is rel - ftl with the verse still being affected by bullets. The verse has feats clearly over hypersonic+ speeds and your over saying supersonic makes complete sense, I can literally make the case that we have more concrete evidence on light speed mha as much as we do on supersonic for the simple fact that the author has brought up multiple times throughout mha whether it be databook, manga, movie etc. Aoyama beam is light and as such should be held at that speed. I can bring up chp numbers everything, there’s more pros than cons
Just because other verses inflate feats doesn't mean MHA should fall in the same trap. With One Piece despite all the outliers, it's clear how fast Oda wants the verse to be. That's why guns matter and characters aren't crossing vast distances in a single leap. Even the character with the light-based Devil fruit only has one Lightspeed move with stringent conditions so people trying to bring everyone else to that level is pure wank.

“Lightspeed wank” but has multiple statements and literal evidence spread throughout the series to prove it concrete lol. Early chps 30s stated to be light, chp 150- 170ish around cultural festival we see proof of how his beam is light via radiate disco balls and during JT Arc covering shadows and pure darkness etc. after Endevaor pro agency arc which is around 260ish we see the literal nail in the coffin. Toru hagakure literally takes him lightbeam and says I can refract the light thru my body and send it outwards. Speed of refraction at the very least is above massive hypersonic
We know Navel laser is light but nobody has ever dodged it point blank apart from Mina in the anime but in the manga it was clearly aim dodging.

Even in the OVA when Bakugo dodged it, he reacted to the glow right before navel laser is shot out, not the laser itself.

Cool. This simply means this light-based quirk is not lightspeed. And I don’t exactly remember anyone reacting to and then outspeeding it after it was fired in the manga.

Having something being called light ≠ it being light speed.

What chapter did Mirio make a cone?
That famous spread in War arc when Bakugo, Iida, Mirio and Nejire beat up High-ends to save Best Jeanist.

But again it might have just been Horikoshi representing impact, not an actual cone cause those are drawn differently i.e. Deku vs Shigaraki & Deku vs Nagant.

Agreed. I take actual feats over fan calcs; creator intent over headcanons. So downgrade him. Mirio is above everyone in 1-A in that era of the series, and Mirio is much slower than regular handguns. It’s more consistent than everyone being supersonic based off a headcanon fan calc assuming Todoroki’s strongest ice attacks are the same speed as his smaller ice attacks, and that he created one the size of a city block before Aizawa could open his eye after blinking, despite the fact the only evidence is from a student, and ignoring Aizawa’s actual weakness of not being able to instantly re-use his quirk after blinking.
Calcs come from feats. Creator intent can also be labeled as head canon unless you have undeniable 100% statement from the creator backing your claim up. I can just say Horikoshi intent is for everyone to be ftl since aoyamas beam is light speed and its backed up by feats.(and thats just one example, author intent dont really mean anything if you can argue for or against it) Mirio being above everyone in 1-A at that time literally puts him at supersonic speeds as he can react to Deku. And prove he is slower than hand guns. He tried saving Eri, however we dont know if he could have saved her by moving and making himself permeate thats why he tanked it. Or even then it can be moments hesitation and made the wrong choice. Also its clear MHA is way above supersonic so if anything youre making a head canon and saying they arent.

Cool. This simply means this light-based quirk is not lightspeed. And I don’t exactly remember anyone reacting to and then outspeeding it after it was fired in the manga.

It being lightspeed because it refracts off a user that can freely bend light and manipulate light. On top of that his lasers come thru mirrors which can only be sent out at lightspeed when reflecting off mirrors lol.

We know Navel laser is light but nobody has ever dodged it point blank apart from Mina in the anime but in the manga it was clearly aim dodging.

Even in the OVA when Bakugo dodged it, he reacted to the glow right before navel laser is shot out, not the laser itself.
False. Mirio dodged this easily and without looking either, you could say well his power makes it so the reaction isn’t really all there but you’d be wrong for 2 reasons. One the power can’t activate without the user telling it to and him being able to be carefree with the reactions is because he knows it’s coming. In the anime/manga he reacted without seeing anything.

I’m certain the cones are impact punches, showing where he has hit someone. It makes more sense that way.

Sure, it’s made of light. Now prove it’s Lightspeed without bringing up the fact it’s made of light. Impossible challenge. Go!

Mirio didn’t react to it, considering he wasn’t even LOOKING at it. And Mirio’s ENTIRE THING is prediction. So, at best, he predicted it was coming and permeated before it fired. Stop ignoring the entire base of a character just to wank your headcanons.

Calcs come from feats, yes. However, calcs ASSUME everything about the feat by basing the feat’s logic off a completely unrelated fan calc that was made based off their own faulty headcanon and logic. See; “Todoroki makes big ice before Aizawa can open his eye, and Deku could react to smaller Todoroki ice, which means Deku scales to the big ice speed in reaction time in BASE FORM without even full cowling, because that makes sense, and Mirio easily blitzed and one shot Deku, so Mirio is supersonic, despite being unable to react to nor move in comparison to normal handguns.”

I don‘t think a super genius trained by All Might’s super genius sidekick would be suddenly lobotomised to the point he can’t figure out that he can just grab and slightly move Eri a few inches to the left and have the bullet completely miss the both of them. This is like if Endeavor tried to kill Shigaraki by punching him instead of using his flames.
That's why it's an outlier. People act uncharacteristically stupid all the time not just in MHA but throughout fiction.
Mirio has a shit ton of impressive combat feats in comparison to this singular dumbass instance. He literally proceeds to protect Eri and fight Chisaki for 5 whole minutes right after said instance.

On Vigilantes, I think this actually proves Overclock's Perception Speed/Time >>>> Movement Speed since the user has to overcome drag while moving.

Vigilantes 106: Tag - Koichi vs 6

Also Koichi's reactions weren't just auto-reactions as Six assumed, he's genuinely able to keep up in terms of perception.

It’s only a “singular dumbass instance” because of a headcanon, fan made fan calculation based off headcanon logic, headcanon reasoning and scaling from a seperate headcanon fan calculation.

Which is why I prefer to go with creator intent over anything a fan makes. Otherwise that’s how you get “lightspeed MCU” characters.

It’s only a “singular dumbass instance” because of a headcanon, fan made fan calculation based off headcanon logic, headcanon reasoning and scaling from a seperate headcanon fan calculation.

Which is why I prefer to go with creator intent over anything a fan makes. Otherwise that’s how you get “lightspeed MCU” characters.
Authors intent is as big of a head canon as anything else. Unless you can actually show proof of the author confirming something. Something like that

False. Mirio dodged this easily and without looking either, you could say well his power makes it so the reaction isn’t really all there but you’d be wrong for 2 reasons. One the power can’t activate without the user telling it to and him being able to be carefree with the reactions is because he knows it’s coming. In the anime/manga he reacted without seeing anything.
Did he dodge it after it was fired? Because Mirio can't dodge a bullet after it was fired without using his quirk. And if he dodged Navel laser before or while it was being fired then that's not reacting to light, it's just showcasing his prediction capabilities in battle which we know he has a lot of from training with Night Eye.

I've gone through MHA and I have still never seen a single character dodged Navel laser after it was fired apart from Mina in the anime which contradicts the manga.

Mirio couldn’t catch a bullet. Therefore he is not bullet speed. Author intention is that Mirio is not faster than bullets. Because he couldn’t catch a bullet. In the official canon manga. Where he didn’t catch a bullet.

And the only counter evidence you have is either a headcanon fan calc, or turning Mirio into a lobotomite.

It being lightspeed because it refracts of a user that can freely bend light and manipulate light. On top of that his lasers come thru mirrors which can only be sent out at lightspeed when reflecting off mirrors lol.
Mirio didn’t react to it, considering he wasn’t even LOOKING at it. And Mirio’s ENTIRE THING is prediction. So, at best, he predicted it was coming and permeated before it fired. Stop ignoring the entire base of a character just to wank your headcanons.
Headcanon he calls it. After literally saying he predict that he would shoot his beam which is still light and will be treated as such since it can’t be disproven. All it proves is that bullets within are verse are faster which makes sense since everyone is superhuman

Mirio couldn’t catch a bullet. Therefore he is not bullet speed. Author intention is that Mirio is not faster than bullets. Because he couldn’t catch a bullet. In the official canon manga. Where he didn’t catch a bullet.

And the only counter evidence you have is either a headcanon fan calc, or turning Mirio into a lobotomite.
Your saying becuz he didn’t catch a bullet he isn’t bullet timing. Jesus Christ I hope your not processing shit like this? You could have no feat being shown catching a bullet and still be >>>>
He doesn’t need bullet catching feats to supersonic. All he needed was the reaction to permeate before the bullet could hit, which is still supersonic. Him having permeation doesn’t take away the speed of the bullet and it def doesn’t hinder the reaction feat

Okay, Kashin. I’mma go hard mode on you.

Show me a single feat in the entire series that is even 3% of lightspeed without bringing up Naval Laser. If you can do that, then maybe I will actually humour your arguments.

Your saying becuz he didn’t catch a bullet he isn’t bullet timing. Jesus Christ I hope your not processing shit like this? You could have no feat being shown catching a bullet and still be >>>>
He doesn’t need bullet catching feats to supersonic. All he needed was the reaction to permeate before the bullet could hit, which is still supersonic. Him having permeation doesn’t take away the speed of the bullet and it def doesn’t hinder the reaction feat
Okay. Show me where he reacted to a bullet AFTER it was fired then. Manga only. Go.

Headcanon he calls it. After literally saying he predict that he would shoot his beam which is still light and will be treated as such since it can’t be disproven. All it proves is that bullets within are verse are faster which makes sense since everyone is superhuman
You seriously want to pull this "bullets in the verse are faster" nonsense that One Piece fans pull when wanking their verse. The argument is a joke. Stop wanking. Mirio's entire schtick is prediction from training with Night Eye. He is not faster than bullets let alone light.

No one in MHA has dodged Navel Laser after it was fired in manga canon. I don't even know why someone would wank something that never even happened.

Did you read what I said?
I did not refer to a single "headcanon, fan made fan calculation based off headcanon logic" there.

I'm saying literally every other feat Mirio has makes that instance an outlier. We're all MHA fans here, this isn't a difficult concept to grasp. Mirio knocked out multiple Class 1-A students within 5 seconds. The sheer amount of speed required to knock out 10 normal human beings in 5 seconds would've been enough for Mirio to take Eri away from the line of fire. And Class 1-A aren't normal human beings.

It seems to me that your issue is mainly of your extreme dislike for calculations in general, and specifically how it's being used in the profiles for this series in this website.
I can understand that, but it's affecting your perception of the topic at hand (Mirio's speed) and it's derailing your argument.

I talked about Mirio having normal human speed as a joke, but believing that is the case and failing to see how erroneous the scene of Mirio shielding Eri from bullets were, is just being dishonest IMO. No offense. This is entirely separate discussion from disagreeing with supersonic MHA.

Okay. Show me where he reacted to a bullet AFTER it was fired then. Manga only. Go.
Deku dodges bullets at 5%. Deku is faster with 8%. Mirio has enough time to think and analyze the situation before Deku hits him in 1-A vs Mirio. He doesnt have to do something. By your logic Goku isnt moon level because he didnt destroy the moon in OG dragon ball.

The standards of this in of itself actually got changed and lessened iirc
Now so long as its called light in the sense of "Made of Photons or X type of electromagnetic radiation" and doesn't contradict much(Fulfilling 1-2 more traits also helps) It can qualify for light
But Aoyama can literally make a light sword which is one of the biggest anti feats for real light ever so no

He took them out because most of them were long range fighters. Each one with a single punch to the stomach… when he can, effectively, TELEPORT. Sure. It’s fast. But it’s not BULLET fast. So nothing is contradicted here. Fast for a normal human to do? Yes. Fast for someone who can teleport and knock everyone out in a single punch each?? Not really.

Speed of a bullet >>>>> Mirio > The class. Simple logic.

Prob a bad idea to bring in dragon ball. The last point is specifically that in power scaling a character doesnt have to directly do something for him to be comparabe to other characters. Like if a being 1 fights a being 2 than can destroy the planet casually, being 1 is planet level.

Deku dodges bullets at 5%. Deku is faster with 8%. Mirio has enough time to think and analyze the situation before Deku hits him in 1-A vs Mirio. He doesnt have to do something. By your logic Goku isnt moon level because he didnt destroy the moon in OG dragon ball.
That’s a movie feat, not a manga feat. You’re assuming he’s actually reacting to the bullets in that scene, when it’s never clear if he did or not. All we see Deku do is go faster than the shooter’s firing lines can keep up with. Not a bullet timing feat. Show me another.

Just throwing in my two sense on this "Normal Human Mirio" schtick
5% Deku jumping vs stain is a almost Subsonic+ feat (it is a calc but has literally no assumptions) no head canon about it

He took them out because most of them were long range fighters. Each one with a single punch to the stomach… when he can, effectively, TELEPORT. Sure. It’s fast. But it’s not BULLET fast. So nothing is contradicted here. Fast for a normal human to do? Yes. Fast for someone who can teleport and knock everyone out in a single punch each?? Not really.

Speed of a bullet >>>>> Mirio > The class. Simple logic.
Head canon. Deku literally dodges bullets at 5%. Even your author intent backs it up as the author or makers of the movie thought it was cool for him to dodge bullets so its true. They don't think deeply about it so they obvioulsy thought just doing that makes 5% Deku bullet level.

A
Chp 150 you’ll see him react to multiple bullets and while drunk. Him activating his quirk has nothing to do with bullet speed, it’s always going to be supersonic and him reacting will make him above that.

Back