• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I was referring to THIS:

He literally goes ONE HUNDRED PERCENT SPEED, suddenly slows down in the air to deliver a sentence to Overhaul, then uses Blackwhip to come to a complete stop. He did the same thing a few pages before where he dodged Nagant at point blank range. You are ignorant.

(For some reason my imgur images post in random order. No idea how to fix that.)

Deku closes his eyes and isn’t moving at full speed and blindly flies into Todoroki’s already created ice. So, somehow, Todoroki scales to Deku’s speed as a result according to you. By the same logic, All Might was sent flying towards Mineta’s balls blindly but couldn’t stop himself before he landed in them, therefore, Mineta scales to All Might’s speed.

No one scales to Deku right now besides MAYBE Bakugo and Todoroki since Bakugo was still comparable to him in the War, and Todoroki is Todoroki.

Last edited:
I was referring to THIS:

He literally goes ONE HUNDRED PERCENT SPEED, suddenly slows down in the air to deliver a sentence to Overhaul, then uses Blackwhip to come to a complete stop. He did the same thing a few pages before where he dodged Nagant at point blank range. You are ignorant.

My fault, I thought yall were talking about the other scene. Its funny as you claim he slowed down, but you cant prove that. If he truly slowed Down he wouldnt have had to use black whip to stop his momentum, as his momentum was dying out that quickly. Your argument isnt even consistent with itself. Even if you use this reasoning, it still wouldnt have anything to do with my argument at all as Deku body rotated at a 150 degree angle which would have slowed him down (if that is the case). Heres an example of things like that happening. Too bad when Deku was running from the other students he simply flipped over.
How am I being ignorant?

I find it extremely funny how yall are literally disregarding my evidence and ignoring my main argument about yall claims contradicting the narrative. 😂

So you’re saying Deku pushed Chisaki so hard that he slammed into the roof of the building at speed comparable to 100%? Since, y’know, Chisaki is on the ground yet Deku hasn’t really gone anywhere, BEFORE he outstretched Blackwhip to slingshot himself back.

Everybody is disregarding your “evidence” because it’s not evidence. You’re saying your headcanon, then show scans (while leaving out parts of the scan may I add) that show something different from what you’re saying.

Deku was distracted by Jiro's words when Ojiro tried to capture him, and had his eyes closed when he rammed into Todoroki's ice wall.

I doubt you can use this for scaling.

I find it extremely funny how yall are literally disregarding my evidence and ignoring my main argument about yall claims contradicting the narrative. 😂
I'm sorry, but even from a glance it is impossible for me to agree with you based purely on Deku's circumstances. The lad is extremely tired and starved or energy and is incapable of focusing on even escaping. Not a single student in 1-A scales to him.

We did not "disregard" your evidence nor did we "ignore" your argument. AtomicSekiro has spent much of their time debunking you bit by bit. I looked at your arguments and judged them to be nonsensical. Therefir does not believe you either. Quit acting like we are the problem and are unwilling to spend even a second listening to you when YOU are clearly wrong. When you are making headcanon after headcanon even on scans that 100% disprove your thesis. The scans and Atomic's explanations prove that you are clueless and your ego prevents you from seeing that. You can still disagree with us and follow your own conclusions, we cannot stop you from that, but quit acting so rude in a debate where you are arguing other people!

I remember a couple years ago when Deku and All Might were considered slowpokes in most vs debates forums because they're ''no faster than supersonic'' lol.
I mean there are still people who genuinely believe that the AFO statement for All Might is to be taken literally lol(basically still being slower than sound or some shit even though bare minimum should be supersonic since 5% Deku can dodge AR bullets)

I mean there are still people who genuinely believe that the AFO statement for All Might is to be taken literally lol(basically still being slower than sound or some shit even though bare minimum should be supersonic since 5% Deku can dodge AR bullets)
It's still incredibly dumb too since it's an unquantifiable feat. AM took 30 sec to KO Nomus, chat with Endeavor then crossed 5km. So many people read the unofficial scans and it seriously shows.

It's still incredibly dumb too since it's an unquantifiable feat. AM took 30 sec to KO Nomus, chat with Endeavor then crossed 5km. So many people read the unofficial scans and it seriously shows.
Yeah it can get incredibly frustrating at times. Especially in the past couple of months. Idk why but ever since MHA S5, it seems to get more hate than ever before and so there are so many people downplaying it as much as possible.

Can someone explain to me Deku “dodging the bullets” feat from Two Heroes? I don’t get it. To me it looks like he’s just out speeding the firing line, not the bullets. The bullets are clearly covering more distance faster than he is (compare the amount of bullets that fly past him when he runs up the stairs to him actually reaching the top of the stairs).

Can someone explain to me Deku “dodging the bullets” feat from Two Heroes? I don’t get it. To me it looks like he’s just out speeding the firing line, not the bullets. The bullets are clearly covering more distance faster than he is (compare the amount of bullets that fly past him when he runs up the stairs to him actually reaching the top of the stairs).
Most people seem to believe it's a legit bullet dodge, but I find the feat questionable myself.
I remember watching that scene frame-by-frame and we don't actually see Deku dodge a bullet.

You can look it up on Izuku's Respect Thread and watch the feat in slow motion.

Last edited:
Im sorry but is anyone else frustrated that some of the people in 1-A dont see Deku much as a friend? Like at least Jiro who RARELY talked to Deku said how thankful she was of him. Momo as of right now is like the only person who pretty much didn't acknowledge Deku at all other then "we were told to get you"

Like idk but that kind of irk me cause its like now u know how people feel about Deku, they dont really see him as a comrade but rather are just there because "im a hero" like gosh damn

Last edited:
Im so but is anyone else frustrated that some of the people in 1-A dont see Deku much as a friend? Like at least Jiro who RARELY talked to Deku said how thankful she was of him. Momo as of right now is like the only person who pretty much didn't acknowledge Deku at all other then "we were told to get you"

Like idk but that kind of irk me cause its like now u know how people feel about Deku, they dont really see him as a comrade but rather are just there because "im a hero" like gosh damn
Yes.

Im so but is anyone else frustrated that some of the people in 1-A dont see Deku much as a friend? Like at least Jiro who RARELY talked to Deku said how thankful she was of him. Momo as of right now is like the only person who pretty much didn't acknowledge Deku at all other then "we were told to get you"

YES.

Honestly I've been thinking about redoing the calc for multiple reasons, might try to look through it again right now.

Honestly I disagree.

I think you’re not seeing just how much they’re attempting to give Deku self worth and validation while assuring him there are people that care and want him to be safe. They don’t care about AFO and all that, even if it’s the main threat. They don’t care if they’re not strong enough or could die. They care that someone is in pain and isn’t getting helped.

To be further fair, they’re not coming at him like heroes. They’re coming at him like a gang of friends. They’re trying to tell him it’s ok to take a break, that not seeing people is hurting him, that they want to help, that they care for his well being, that he’s their friend. Sure Momo said that, but she wasn’t being callous, she’s saying what Deku himself would say to someone in need. She’s appealing to his logic, and she knows he can be one of the more logical people. Kaminari blatantly says he doesn’t care about OFA, Deku himself is more important, while hugging him, knowing he physically can’t do anything. Koda even tells him he can come back to UA, that everything is fine, that he can take a rest. They tell him about all the things that he’s done for them, how he’s made them better people and heroes, how he matters to them. The fact he begins crying shows he knows that, and even further shows how much he cares for them.

Now, do we, as readers, understand that a lot of things can happen that can absolutely kill everyone at UA if AFO wanted? Yes. But the students aren’t readers. They only see a hurt, tired, needing-a-cry friend that is shouldering more burdens than any of them. They have a decree from their principal, someone they trust, as well as Endeavor, that he can come back and to just make him safe again.

I'm still getting very similar results, even when using a different part of the scene.

Considering the other calc still has Izuku being slower than the bullets, I think the results are still fine, though you can ask another calc group member if you want.

Honestly I disagree.

I think you’re not seeing just how much they’re attempting to give Deku self worth and validation while assuring him there are people that care and want him to be safe. They don’t care about AFO and all that, even if it’s the main threat. They don’t care if they’re not strong enough or could die. They care that someone is in pain and isn’t getting helped.

To be further fair, they’re not coming at him like heroes. They’re coming at him like a gang of friends. They’re trying to tell him it’s ok to take a break, that not seeing people is hurting him, that they want to help, that they care for his well being, that he’s their friend. Sure Momo said that, but she wasn’t being callous, she’s saying what Deku himself would say to someone in need. She’s appealing to his logic, and she knows he can be one of the more logical people. Kaminari blatantly says he doesn’t care about OFA, Deku himself is more important, while hugging him, knowing he physically can’t do anything. Koda even tells him he can come back to UA, that everything is fine, that he can take a rest. They tell him about all the things that he’s done for them, how he’s made them better people and heroes, how he matters to them. The fact he begins crying shows he knows that, and even further shows how much he cares for them.

Now, do we, as readers, understand that a lot of things can happen that can absolutely kill everyone at UA if AFO wanted? Yes. But the students aren’t readers. They only see a hurt, tired, needing-a-cry friend that is shouldering more burdens than any of them. They have a decree from their principal, someone they trust, as well as Endeavor, that he can come back and to just make him safe again.
Oh no I pretty much just mean Momo lol everyone is pretty much fine. Even Sero said that he considered him a friend and they only talked like....once

We will see more of the interaction for Mina since she also hardly talks to Deku

Oh no I pretty much just mean Momo lol everyone is pretty much fine. Even Sero said that he considered him a friend and they only talked like....once
Oh, guess I misunderstood. But as I always say, these are fan scans, and their translations sucks. Momo could very well be trying to talk very kindly to him, and even with the current translation, she’s stating what even Deku would say. They’re heroes.

Also she might still be suffering a bit from the whole Midnight situation.

The “bullet dodge” calc still seems to rely on a massive assumption that Deku is “moving at the same time as the man fired the gun”, which is basically impossible to tell given the frame rate we view the scene at. Not to mention the barrel of the man’s gun is having somewhat trouble keeping up with Deku. So either the man is missing or Deku is keeping ahead of the firing line. The bullets travel FAAAAR more distance FAAAAR faster than Deku does when you actually just watch the scene instead of going frame by frame, like when he goes up the stairs for example. If he was as fast as the bullets he would have passed the bullets that left the barrels at the same time he began jumping around at the halfway point up the stairs. But that’s not what happened. Before he reached halfway MANY, MANY gunshots were heard and MANY bullets flew past him. Too bad we can’t even see the actual bullets, we just see little orange pinpricks that COULD represent the bullets, or COULD represent the trail of the bullets. Who knows.

Anyways it’s kind of an outlier and only exists in this one scene which is… shaky at best.

Why bring it up here instead of a calc group member's wall?

I'd rather not have the discussion here, nor do I wish to discuss this period.

Because I don’t really know how to use this site nor really want to spend the time to do so. I simply give suggestions and my thoughts. You’re welcome to not reply if you don’t want to discuss it; others are welcome to take what I said and use it as evidence to recalc or redo profiles.

It just makes more sense for me that Deku is keeping ahead of the firing line, not moving faster or even comparable to the bullets. Look at the lag of the shooter. Deku moves so far compared to the barrel of his gun. He’s missing his shots because he simply can’t keep up, not because Deku is perceiving and then out speeding bullets. (Imgur link is missing a few frames of animation because they wouldn’t upload for some reason. Point stands).

I do not believe the orange lines are the bullets. They simply are showing the paths the bullets HAVE been, not where they ARE, thus this scene just straight up can’t be used in my opinion.

Last edited:
Class 1-A: "Deku you need to stop, we can help you, we can protect ourselves and fight alongside"

Deku: *Flashes back

AFO: "I will wither your soul down to nothing. After all... Now it's your turn"

Deku: *Flashes back

Deku: "No you can't..."

I think this chapter is going to have more impact if only Horikoshi developed Deku relationships with his classmates just like Iruma and his classmates

If only Horikoshi developed Deku relationships with his classmates just like Iruma and his classmates
He has, but not extensively on screen. Because they’re side characters in the background meant to bolster his resolve, fill in spaces and flesh out the world more. They’re not important except for the ones that genuinely have their own arcs and storylines.

Compare the focus Koda gets to Endeavor.

He has, but not extensively on screen. Because they’re side characters in the background meant to bolster his resolve, fill in spaces and flesh out the world more. They’re not important except for the ones that genuinely have their own arcs and storylines.

Compare the focus Koda gets to Endeavor.
But we as audiences need to see that, even if it’s just a little moment in here and there otherwise all their talks feels empty to me.

But we as audiences need to see that, even if it’s just a little moment in here and there otherwise all their talks feels empty to me.
There have been tons of little moments though? Christmas? Training? Culture Festival?

They literally give moments where they and Deku interact in this very chapter.

Back