• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

watch people be like “Deku too strong now, MHA sucks, he’s supposed to be an equal to his class!” then show a scan of Deku breaking Sero’s tape as an example.

watch people be like “Deku too strong now, MHA sucks, he’s supposed to be an equal to his class!” then show a scan of Deku breaking Sero’s tape as an example.
You know, I am starting to (at least slightly) reconsider my position in regards on whether Class 1-A should actually help Izuku or not. I'll probably come to a decision later on.

Yes. He’s physically muscly strong. Endeavor uses /fire/.
Tomura was shown to have been modified 70% as it was stopped and his body couldnt handle the quirk. It was literally ripping him apart. Afo was more than capable of handling his own quirk making him massively more power than 70% Tomura. This Tomura was capable of taking MULTIPLE attacks from Endeavor while laughing a large amount of them off. Its been established that without help, endeavor would have been lost and their only hope was to wear Tomura down, in which they did. Even after wearing him down, he was still shown to be at an advantage.
Pretty much what Im saying, physical Afo>> Tomura meaning he can replicate the same feats of Tomura tanking Endeavors attacks. This is without taking into consideration that he has quirks that boost his strength by a large margin.
All Might was holding back most of their fight to protect civilians. He only truly punched 3 times. The first was when he was beginning to lose his muscle form, and knocked AFO on his ass and destroyed his mask and breathing support, making him lose his composure a bit. The second hit him in the face and made him clench his teeth and look pretty angry. The last completely incapped him long enough for him to get to Tartarus.
Im aware of the fact that All Might was holding back, even Afo states this. Afo has also established that he himself, was not going all out/being serious either. So I dont see your point. When All Might got angry and punched afo (breaking his equipment), afo was literally shown to be laughing at him and mocking him. He took no damage from him, note this All Might was enraged meaning he was possibly stronger than before. The next time he used the smash and you mentioned this, Afo was shown to be hurt but not as much as you imply. Immediately after that 2nd serious smash, he literally started mocking All Might.
And the united states of smash was literally all might using the rest of the fragments of ofa to deliver a powerful smash, I dont see why this is an argument.
He never tried going blow to blow besides when Bakugo was super close so All Might had to hold back, or using his Ultimate Quirk Combination.
But that still counts as going blow for blow…

I was thinking about the other time.

Aizawa is still staring right at him tho, despite being mostly turned away the page before. He’s just not physically capable of moving faster.

And Shigaraki is literally falling apart and was saved by regen, is faster and stronger than AFO physically from what we know so far. AFO doesn’t have regen. So if he tried this he would he dead. He would lose.
During that instance, shigaraki wasnt falling apart at all. Fp Shigaraki> suppressed shigaraki (shigaraki everyone was fighting)> literally everyone on the battle field> falling aprt shigaraki>>> Aizawa’s speed to react.
Note the full power tomura is literally at 70% power. And afo scales massively above that. He would quite easily blitz aizawa and kill him before he take any notable changes.

Shigaraki was modified to handle a quirk he wasn’t naturally born with which already had multiple other quirks stolen in it. Like how OFA users with quirks die very quickly because they shoved another quirk inside them.

AFO wasn’t born modified. He’s just built different, I guess. However, his body was weakened and not fully repaired when he faced All Might. He faced Kamino All Might, the weakest one, and still lost. With his ultimate quirk combination WITH Impact Recoil which sent all the power of their clash back to All Might, All Might was BARELY hurt until he switched OFA between his fists, then All Might one punched him. All Might scales way, way, way above him in physical strength at his weakest state. Shigaraki scales to USJ All Might from what this site says.

The point is: AFO needed an “ultimate quirk combination” to stalemate and then overpower All Might /using his own strength/ with Impact Recoil at the end of it anyways. His own base strength is powerful but below Shigaraki who would have died to Endeavor without regen.

That would scale to his speed.
Buddy, they don’t scale to anything. They’re going up against tired, sad, trying not to hurt them Deku. The only person that even blatantly reacted to his movements was Todoroki stopping him with his Ice Wall. Everyone else just dogpiled on him after Sero grabbed his already extended Blackwhip.

In terms of strength, it’s not even debatable. Also, Todoroki didn’t even catch him with Heaven Piercing Ice Wall, he just made it in front of him and Deku crashed through it head first. So the Class aren’t even anywhere near catching him at the end of this as he’ll break out of that ice in like 2 seconds when he wants. So anyone overreacting over him losing like I saw a couple times elsewhere are clowns, as always.

Buddy, they don’t scale to anything. They’re going up against tired, sad, trying not to hurt them Deku. The only person that even blatantly reacted to his movements was Todoroki stopping him with his Ice Wall. Everyone else just dogpiled on him after Sero grabbed his already extended Blackwhip.
Um? They dont scale to his speed? Based on you not paying attention to the chapter? Idk what goes to tell you they are keeping up to his speed, but I can assure you thats just downbad. We see not once but twice that they are capable of keeping up with this speed so this is just the first big of evidence.
Next we see Jiro go up to “attack” Deku but he dodges har attack (and vanishes like dbz characters do upon moving fast) , Jiro even leaves a comment saying “so fast” which signifies that hes moving pretty quick. Immediately after we Ojiro react to Deku moving this fast and catches him which is him directly reacting to Deku. Even more, Todoroki was capable of creating the ice pillar before Deku could run away which is more evidence they scale up to his speed. I don’t understand why them scaling up to his speed is such a problem to you. Deku isnt the only one improving yk.

In terms of strength, it’s not even debatable. Also, Todoroki didn’t even catch him with Heaven Piercing Ice Wall, he just made it in front of him and Deku crashed through it head first. So the Class aren’t even anywhere near catching him at the end of this as he’ll break out of that ice in like 2 seconds when he wants. So anyone overreacting over him losing like I saw a couple times elsewhere are clowns, as always.
No one is talking about raw power budfy lmao

No one scales to Deku. No one reacts to Deku nor tags him WHEN he’s moving very fast. But, the class also isn’t trying to hurt him. Dark Shadow just held him. Kaminari didn’t go for a full charge shock. Bakugo hasn’t nuked the area yet. Todoroki just froze him to try keep him in place. Etc, etc.

The class only ever manages to touch him thus far when he isn’t moving.

And Deku was only caught by Todoroki because he closed his eyes and slammed into his ice pillar and almost went out the other end. Deku isn’t trying that hard AND is exhausted. No one in the fight so far has been really trying.

Izuku was breaking down and crying the entire time, and he was also exhausted from non-stop crime-fighting and protecting his own ass against assassins, including Lady Nagant, so he is obviously not at his absolute best here. But even then, Izuku was just brute forcing his way through everything they threw at him, including the sleep machine that Momo created, and Fumikage's Ragnarok with minimal effort.

I wouldn’t say “minimal effort” for Ragnarok. He let out a very audible scream and slammed through the building, while also being careful not to hurt Kaminari who was hugging him.

Shigaraki was modified to handle a quirk he wasn’t naturally born with which already had multiple other quirks stolen in it. Like how OFA users with quirks die very quickly because they shoved another quirk inside them.
Yes he was modified to take in multiple quirks but his body was also modified to be able to handle afo’s quirk. Thats why he had insane strength and thats with him at 70% completion lol. Deku even says this “his body isnt strong enough for his quirk and we are shown his body being ripped apart.
AFO wasn’t born modified. He’s just built different, I guess. However, his body was weakened and not fully repaired when he faced All Might. He faced Kamino All Might, the weakest one, and still lost. With his ultimate quirk combination WITH Impact Recoil which sent all the power of their clash back to All Might, All Might was BARELY hurt until he switched OFA between his fists, then All Might one punched him. All Might scales way, way, way above him in physical strength at his weakest state. Shigaraki scales to USJ All Might from what this site says.
All Might beating Afo isnt a feat going agaisnt AFO at all.
All Might had used to remaining fragments of OFA, which gave him a boost in power far beyond anything we have saw up to this point. They even show this by him naming it after an entire country, not just states, and the sheer size of this smash. Afo stated that each use would make the flame dimmer, yet All Might then and there used up every single last flame and gained a large boost in power so this cannot be used against him. Deku does the exact same thing vs Nine, using all of the remaining fragments for a large boost in power.
Theres also the fact that Afo is stated the only villain capable of taking All Migjt down which would apply to the usj Nomu as well, meaning even weakened All for one scales above him. Afo’s entire narrative is to set him as some godly villain that All Might struggles to beat. Some villain with 10 minutes of screen time being superior to him would literally make no sense and contradict that narrative (usj nomu).

The point is: AFO needed an “ultimate quirk combination” to stalemate and then overpower All Might /using his own strength/ with Impact Recoil at the end of it anyways. His own base strength is powerful but below Shigaraki who would have died to Endeavor without regen.
Ive given enough reason for AFO base strength to be superior to that of Tomura. You also claim tomura would have died to endeavor without regen? What scene are you referring to?

No one scales to Deku. No one reacts to Deku nor tags him WHEN he’s moving very fast. But, the class also isn’t trying to hurt him. Dark Shadow just held him. Kaminari didn’t go for a full charge shock. Bakugo hasn’t nuked the area yet. Todoroki just froze him to try keep him in place. Etc, etc.

They never catch him while hes moving? Lol

Deku crying is irrelevant here, the fact is that Todoroki kept up with his speed and could create an ice wall fast enough to intercept deku

Deku crying is irrelevant here, the fact is that Todoroki kept up with his speed and could create an ice wall fast enough to intercept deku
It’s irrelevant that Deku wasn’t looking where he was going and as a result flew into an already created ice pillar? Does this mean Mineta scales to All Might’s speed due to that OVA?? Prove Todoroki kept up with him. Show me where Todoroki reacted to him as he was moving at full speed.

Prime AFO >>> 70% Shigaraki >>>>> Kamino AFO. Shigaraki would be dead without regen, which AFO doesn’t have as far as we know. So he would lose and most likely die big time if he attacked UA with Aizawa and Endeavor on him. I don’t need to show you any scans, it was clear Shigaraki was turned into a rotting, sloughing corpse by Endeavor multiple times and only survived due to insane regen. End of that discussion.

I stand correct. He went fast and dodged Jiro’s sound, then slowed down, then Tailman grabbed him. So yes, they never caught him WHEN moving fast, like I said. So they don’t scale.
You cant prove he slowed down, deku has been shown to move nearly a hundred meters in one jump without slower down at all. Youre claiming he jumped like several meters and slowed down vastly? Not only would this just go against various things shown throughout the series, but it also isnt supported by anything at all. Prove he slowed down. And before you attempt to shift the burden and ask “prove that he didnt slow down” there’s absolutely nothing suggesting that he slowed down and Deku’s goal was to get away. Why would he allow himself to slow down and not boost himself forward once more because he lost momentum. You gotta make your arguments make sense bud

Youre claiming he stopped meaning he came to an halt. Can you prove that? Him looking at her doesnt suggest in the slightest that he has stopped moving.
Can you prove he didn't stop? You think he was soaring at supersonic speeds while also paying attention to the banter that Kyoka spew at him?

Or better yet, forget stopping, can you prove that he was still going at full speed? I don't see any motion lines to indicate that?

Its funny as in the pannel youre tryin to use to say he stopped hes in an entire different area than when tail dude grabbed him. First scan Deku is no where near the building that is presented where tail dude grabbed him
He is literally in front of the building in the second panel.

Yes, Deku slowed down. Just like how he went super fast to dodge Nagant at point blank, then suddenly stopped in midair. Followed by him going Faux 100% and out speeding her bullet, then stopped in midair and turned around and used blackwhip, folllwed by him using faux 100% again to fly past her and destroy her arm, and then suddenly stopped in midair once more.

He clearly slowed down because in one panel he was a complete blur and outsped her sound blast, then the next panel he was no longer a blur, and Jiro could level a few sentences of dialogue before he even went anywhere.

If Todoroki scales to Deku based off this chapter, than Mineta scales off All Might based off that OVA.

Can you prove he didn't stop? You think he was soaring at supersonic speeds while also paying attention to the banter that Kyoka spew at him?
Your claim was that he stopped, i asked you to prove it, you then asked me to prove he didnt stop. Youre trying yo shift the burden. You have a burden of proof.
You can either provide evidence supporting this claim or the claim can simply be dismissed via hitchens razor.
“ You think he was soaring at supersonic speeds while also paying attention to the banter that Kyoka spew at him?” Nothing contradicts this being the case.
We have seen time and time again that these characters can move at supersonic speeds while being capable of fully understanding what each other are saying. This isnt a debunk.
Or better yet, forget stopping, can you prove that he was still going at full speed? I don't see any motion lines to indicate that?[/ISPOILER]
Ive given reason to suggest he hasnt slowed downed at the slightest, we are shown Deku is capable of moving several meters (once even nearly 100 meters) without slowing down at all.
Deku not having motion lines. Using that argument, fuax 100% Deku (implied to be as fast as prime am) is vastly slower than 45% Deku because it “didnt have any motion lines”. The narrative has it set that Deku is trying his hardest to get away from his fellow classmates. Him simply allowing himself to slowdown and be caught would contradict that narrative and what the author has set out.
So you either concede or provide an argument contradicting the series.
He is literally in front of the building in the second panel.
So youre saying that any of the buildings shown here, are the same as the building Ojiro was shown present on? If youre suggesting this please circle where that building is, i am struggling to find it.

Sorry for late reply, i was cooking breakfast and im currently eating

No one this chapter scales unless they get better feats next chapter.

Next chapter should be Ochako, Iida, Bakugo. Also hopefully Mineta, Kirishima and Aoyama get something too.

I just realized Kirishima wasn't in this chapter, same for Mina. These 2 are actually closer to Deku than most of the guys who spoke this chapter. So I probably see this entire confrontation lasting 3 chapters.

Yes, Deku slowed down. Just like how he went super fast to dodge Nagant at point blank, then suddenly stopped in midair. Followed by him going Faux 100% and out speeding her bullet, then stopped in midair and turned around and used blackwhip, folllwed by him using faux 100% again to fly past her and destroy her arm, and then suddenly stopped in midair once more.
Idk if we read the same chapter but I do not recall it being stated or shown that Deku halted when nagant began to aim at Overhaul. If anything the opposite is stated. He was shifting trajectory. You cannot shift trajectory if you have literally stopped moving, that literally contradicts that whole sentence. Not even the definition supports it as said object has to be in motion. Deku when goes to attack lady nagant he uses black whip to literally stop himself then jumps towards lady nagant. This alone proves that the speed hes going at doesnt just disappear and actually takes distance and time for it to die down, something we dont see when Ojiro catches him.
He clearly slowed down because in one panel he was a complete blur and outsped her sound blast, then the next panel he was no longer a blur, and Jiro could level a few sentences of dialogue before he even went anywhere.

If Todoroki scales to Deku based off this chapter, than Mineta scales off All Might based off that OVA.
Using this same argument 45% Deku is superior to fuax 100% Deku, or 45% Deku is superior to tomura. This doesnt work. The lines are to signify the fact that hes moving fast. Why would it need to be present at all moments when it’s established that he is moving extremely fast by both the scene itself and the statement supporting it. Are you claiming Deku lost a large amount of momentum after moving 7 meters (i pixel calced the distance he is shown to move to find how far he went)? What supports this? The narrative doesnt support that, the previous showings doesnt support that. Nothing supports that besides your baseless claims.
What does Mineta have to do with the discussion at hand? Red herring fallacy?

Back