• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MvC profiles are now possible

Yeah, everyone can just block it, dodge it, keep up with thor in general...
and i am pretty sure anything thor does is AP since it is HIS power that is causing the storms to pop up.

Is it actually telegraphed? Cause I wouldn't count blocking, it's a fighting game, it's gotta be balanced around gameplay and not lore.

I am sure they imply other characters can keep up with thor on the trailers, lemme see...
Trish dodges his lightning 3:01
9:34 has spidey and others react to Storm's lightning and 11:10 Dormammu also dodges his lightning bolts.

MVCI's story mode having them all be able to fight cyborg thor and Dante's statement also makes him better than Thor.

Last edited:
Both in MvC3 and MvCI there's some clear difference in power and tier between certain characters, and Thor is considered a powerhouse in the latter.

Trish scales to Thor's lightning, and she is not a top tier in any verse by any means.

We are still discussing speed, right?

Regardless, wright was shown "fighting" with Deadpool, and deadpool could fight dante,
Dante > Trish , and trish could dodge Thor's lightning.

So wright scales.

Not everyone scales yeah, only people we know that is comparable or stronger than Thor. This is just what happens with Raiden in MK, he is using Natural Lightning and everyone on gameplay can block, but only those who can keep up with him in canon/story mode scale

Those who come to my mind now are Dante (stated), Dormammu and Galactus

Jedah can keep up with Devil Trigger Dante, Doctor Strange can fight Dormammu if I remember correctly

We have characters like Chris that use guns, so Supersonic speed for them is also very likely

MVCi wise, everyone that fought cyborg Thor/Ultron Sigma scales.

MVC3 wise, Trish is shown dodging Thor's lightning.
And Dante is superior to her, making both Deadpool and Wright scale to it too.

Are we going to separate MVC3 scalling and MVCI scalling ? Because Thor and Dormammu Low 7-B stuff is on 3 not on Infinite

Dante being the strongest hero makes me believe he didn't went all out on Deadpool, since he was never implied to be one of the best, and being casual is VERY likely with Dante in basically every material he ever was, yes, even Shin Megami Tensei

Nobody scales to Ultron Sigma, at the start of the game he stomped the characters present, they could only actually fight against him once he got significantly weakened

We are scaling people to Ultron Sigma, not scaling him to other people

If Thor ends up being Low 7-B, he should be "At least Low 7-B"

Dante could have been going all out and it would not have been that much of a change since deadpool can regen.

What was Deadpool's regen feat in the MVC series ? He took bullets from Dante in the opening which at that level is Low Mid to Mid (If he was shot in the face)

Dodging bullets ain't automatically supersonic you know. In fact, dodging cloud-to-ground lightning can give very underwhelming results based on how it's done.

We don't have MVC calcs at hand right now, just working with the placeholders for not only for speed but for AP, as Galactus' feat is still Unknown without a proper calc

Anyway, they can block at very close range and even then, unlike MK, MVC people block just by pressing < (walking backwards) and they only assume the block position at the moment the attack hits them at point blank range, which is very likely something that helps their results

That doesn't matter, blocking is game mechanics, it's a ******' fighting game no shit almost everything is going to be possible to grab.

Uhhh lol

Blocking is far from game mechanics, and even more on fighting games were most of their power showcase is in fights

And we are only scalling to people who fought Thor on canon, not just gameplay

Bro I'm the one who thinks 95% of gameplay should at least be taken in consideration, but blocking is a universal mechanic that literally every game in the genre has lmao

A block in-game is almost always game mechanics when it comes to fighting games, aka of you see a health bar game mechanics are usually at play for fighting games
That wasn't my point, many games with fighting mechanics have blocks moves included in Lore, take DMC's Royalguard for example, and Dante uses it in MVC to block just like some other characters use their powers in order to do it (Let's say...Phoenix for example, the Marvel one), it's different from just closing their arms

Ir being a "common" feature by itself is the only reason needed to throw it away I also suggest to make a downgrade for MK aswell as some speed ratings are from blocking Raiden's Lightning, and MANY other verses

That wasn't my point, many games with fighting mechanics have blocks moves included in Lore, take DMC's Royalguard for example, and Dante uses it in MVC to block just like some other characters use their powers in order to do it (Let's say...Phoenix for example, the Marvel one), it's different from just closing their arms
Yes, I know Royal Guard has lore behind it, that doesn't mean that lore carries over to a crossover game and it certainly doesn't mean that a universal animation that applies to almost everything because of game balance should be enough for scaling speed. I mean, are you saying every single character in the game has NPI for being able to block fireballs, lightning and whatever?

(Note, before I accidentally summon the Devil May Cry defense force on my nuts, I'm not saying that's the case for canon DMC, it's power null or whatever there, doesn't mean that just because Phoenix does a cool swirlie with her fire powers she's actually capable of blocking every single attack in the game)
Ir being a "common" feature by itself is the only reason needed to throw it away I also suggest to make a downgrade for MK aswell as some speed ratings are from blocking Raiden's Lightning, and MANY other verses
You are correct, that is a good suggestion.

I mean, using blocking as a general mechanic by itself cancels out all speed and durability difference, as everyone can intercept and block one another's attack regardless of speed and strength.

I have not played the games, but I would like to ask is there a parry mechanic in the game??
Since there can be a difference between guard and a parry...

RoyalGuard for example has blocks...but all the reaction timings come from perfect parries and perfect releases.

Same for Golden Fleece in GoW.....

Parry shouldn't be considered neither if everyone is capable of doing it, as it becomes just like normal blocking. Iirc it doesn't exist in MvC.

I have not played the games, but I would like to ask is there a parry mechanic in the game??
Since there can be a difference between guard and a parry...

RoyalGuard for example has blocks...but all the reaction timings come from perfect parries and perfect releases.

Same for Golden Fleece in GoW.....
Action games have one single protagonist who is usually far superior to almost everything they fight, and both Royal Guard and the Golden Fleece have canon explanations behind the way they work, as such using them for stuff is acceptable. They are not the same as a universal game mechanic in fighting games that would scale to literally everyone.

Okay, if it doesn't affect every block in history then I see the point here, still we need feats for them at speed, maybe during Thor Vs Dormammu cutscene fight we have one ? Thor is firing lightning at him in it

Btw Armorchompy, I was serious about MK, we have a CRT to decide their "fate" at this very moment, it's a perfect time to bring the problem with Blocking stuff

Nah man, they've been pinging me for calc requests for months now, societal norms would force me to do them if I posted there

Nah, jokes aside I'm not into MK but I can check later today if you remind me.

Last edited:
You need a really really good reason for using the player blocking/dodging in game something as a reason, which you will barely find in these type of games

SamanPatou and Armorchompy:

What do you think that we should do here?

About the hole block shenanigans.

Some characters have a unique way of blocking, here some examples.
Dante uses Royal guard.
Sentinel creates a shield
Super-Skull creates a purple barrier around him
They use some abilities to block the incoming attacks.

About calcs, could Dante ice creation with cerberus be calced?

As I said, they have special animations because of flair, that doesn't mean them being able to parry certain things is canon.

Back