• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MvC profiles are now possible

High 8-C is a tier.
Have you been here for long?
I meant that didn't look like that could even be assigned a tier. Also you can literally see how long i have been on this forum. Though I've been on the wiki since about just after the forum move locking began

Yeah, because asking if High 8-C WAS a tier seemed like something only someone that was new would ask.

You should phrase your questions better.

High 8-C is Earth-616 Spider-Man's tier, but we can't scale him to MvC Spider-Man using a scan where the latter does literally 0 damage to Morlun.

It's not weird, Morlun even scored a perfect, meaning that he took 0 damage, while Earth 616 Spider Man could at least injure him iirc.

That's exactly what I'm saying, we have no reason to use that for scaling.

And it's not like we would have continuity problems even if the characters turn out being above High 8-C, all games are separated from each other.

Up to MvC2 they seem to share the same world, as Ruby Heart gathers all the characters to find Abyss after she messes up with the treasure she was looking for and prior to that game we just have no references.

In MvC3 they seem to live in two different planets (without accounting parallel dimensions) and in MvCI they straight up exist in two different universes, and they still don't know each other nor remember past games (in MVCI they recognize each other just because they story happens some months after the merging)

...so is the implication all games up to MvC2 are canon, and MvC3 and MvC:I are canon to each other but not prior games?

None of the games are canon to each other, or at least we don't have a reason to believe it.

X-Men Children of the Atom features only X-Men characters and Akuma as a secret one.

Marvel Super Heroes is the same, without any Capcom character.

X-Men vs Street Fighter is the same, they apparently live in the same world and beat Apocalypse together.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes is the same as the previous one, with Onslaught instead of Apocalypse.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 is the same again, they apparently share a common world and face Abyss because Ruby Heart summoned them all to help her.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 has them living in two different planets and likely parallel dimensions such as Makai, Shuma's world, Majigen and more. They first fight with each other for no reason or because the villains are doing bad stuff and the heroes want to stop them. They eventually beat up Galactus together.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite portrays them as living in two separate universes, which are merged by Ultron-Sigma with the stones.

In none of these games they show to remember past events, nor anything suggests them being connected.

Last edited:
None of the games are canon to each other, or at least we don't have a reason to believe it.

X-Men Children of the Atom features only X-Men characters and Akuma as a secret one.

Marvel Super Heroes is the same, without any Capcom characters.

X-Men vs Street Fighter is the same, they apparently live in the same world and beat Apocalypse together.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes is the same as the previous one, with Onslaught instead of Apocalypse.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 is the same again, they apparently share a common world and face Abyss because Ruby Heart summoned them all to help her.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 has them living in two different planets and likely parallel dimensions such as Makai, Shuma's world, Majigen and more. They first fight with each other for no reason or because the villains are doing bad stuff and the heroes want to stop them. They eventually beat up Galactus together.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite portrays them as living in two separate universes, which are merged by Ultron-Sigma with the stones.

In none of these games they show to remember past events, nor anything suggests them being connected.
So, we got lotso keys for each game huh

I mean, 95% if not more of the characters across all games are not allowed anyway because they have little to no differences from the main versions, and they start to have an actual story and interactions only in MvC3, which still has very little stuff and pretty much disconnected anyway.

I mean if we go by Marvel's definition, all games are canon to each other, mate, they all just get a single designation

But that is kinda contradicted by the games themselves, which should have priority.

Unless we want to think that their reality is constantly subject to heavy shifts in cosmology, causality changes, reality warping and mass memory wiping.

And still according to Marvel's definition Spider-Man died eaten by Morlun, it's not like they themselves try to make things work.

DC and Looney Tunes are way worse

I don't know dude, I think the only big distinction I see is up to MvC2 and MvC3 onwards, rest just sounds arbitrary by you

MvC3 can very well just be different universes converging, it's far less nonsense than there just being another Earth, and they do imply in MvC:I that they have interacted beforehan, why are we automatically discounting the more logical scenario that they refer to MvC3?

It's not even that unrealistic to believe Street and general Capcom stuff just exists in the same universe prior to MvC2, it's not like this kinda shit just never happens in the comics, where weird contradictive shit just exists in the universe and no one addresses it.

Every game having separate canon just sounds like overkill crap here.

DC and Looney Tunes are way worse

I don't know dude, I think the only big distinction I see is up to MvC2 and MvC3 onwards, rest just sounds arbitrary by you

MvC3 can very well just be different universes converging, it's far less nonsense than there just being another Earth, and they do imply in MvC:I that they have interacted beforehan, why are we automatically discounting the more logical scenario that they refer to MvC3?

It's not even that unrealistic to believe Street and general Capcom stuff just exists in the same universe prior to MvC2, it's not like this kinda shit just never happens in the comics, where weird contradictive shit just exists in the universe and no one addresses it.

Every game having separate canon just sounds like overkill crap here.
Characters in MvC3 are kinda confirmed to originate from two different planets, because we see Galactus consuming said planets and specifically refering to "your worlds". The name of the game itself, "Fate of two worlds", seems to back it up.

In MVCI we know that the characters come from two different universes, and that is explained and repeated many times throughout the story. The characters know each other because the story mode takes place 88 days after the convergence and during that time characters had the time to know each other; They also talk about how many of them died during the battle with Ultron-Sigma.

Up to MvC2 it's reasonable to think that they live in the same world because nothing contradicts it.

But we have no evidences that all of these games are connected to each other, even those prior to MvC2.

And for how nonsensical Spiderverse can be, we can't just ignore that according to Marvel Morlun came and killed Spider Man, adding more confusion to the already messed up situation.

The Capcom universe itself in each game is an amalgamation of many worlds, time periods and dimensions that somehow exist together.

Characters in MvC3 are kinda confirmed to originate from two different planets, because we see Galactus consuming said planets and specifically refering to "your worlds". The name of the game itself, "Fate of two worlds", seems to back it up.
"World" can very well be a simplification of universes, again it's just way the **** more likely they're referring to the Universes merging as opposed to Planets

Back of the box also calls them universes colliding, so
Up to MvC2 it's reasonable to think that they live in the same world because nothing contradicts it.
And that's all we need, no need to make a bajillion keys for the sake of it, we know MvC2 connects to SOMETHING

I'm only budging on there being two keys for them max.

The intro to MVC2 shows that it is the fourth installment of the vs series.
And E-30847 shows references to MVC ( ) , which is in that "list".

So at least, we can just assume for noow that the spiderman we see in the "game" is the same spiderman in MVC2.

Last edited:
"World" can very well be a simplification of universes, again it's just way the **** more likely they're referring to the Universes merging as opposed to Planets

Back of the box also calls them universes colliding, so

And that's all we need, no need to make a bajillion keys for the sake of it, we know MvC2 connects to SOMETHING

I'm only budging on there being two keys for them max.
The first not really, when we see Galactus affecting two literal planets, and that's actually the only hint of cosmology we see, while in MvCI it's explicitly stated.

But we still have no evidences that they are connected by a plot or continuity, we see different characters operating in different contexts without knowing each other.

But still, my point wasn't that we need a million keys, also because there aren't many characters that would still be allowed regardless of it. The point isn't of them being canon or legitimate in some way, the point is them being enough different from the originals.

MvC Ryu or Cap America can't have a profile because they aren't unique.

Instead, characters such as Mecha Akuma, Abyss, Ultron-Sigma and such are unique in their way. Maybe MvCI X can stay because he has the gem-empowered cannon, but even him is kind of a stretch.

Phoenix Wright aswell, as explained above

He is specially unique since they had to add a lot of stuff to make him playable in a fight game

The first not really, when we see Galactus affecting two literal planets, and that's actually the only hint of cosmology we see, while in MvCI it's explicitly stated.
But we still have no evidences that they are connected by a plot or continuity, we see different characters operating in different contexts without knowing each other.
Firstly, the context given does hint to a loose continuity regardless, you yourself said MvC:I, we know characters state they've met before prior.

Again I just don't get why you're so transfixed on the planet, guess what? If there were two universes yet still, the representation you'll see, is more likely than not gonna be two planets. Back of the box states the universe fuses, the world is a vague enough term to imply universes, you're just pushing off this more likely narrative repeatedly.
But still, my point wasn't that we need a million keys, also because there aren't many characters that would still be allowed regardless of it. The point isn't of them being canon or legitimate in some way, the point is them being enough different from the originals.

MvC Ryu or Cap America can't have a profile because they aren't unique.
Captain America can have a profile because it's a version of Captain America unique to that universe. It's not a version canon to 616 or any other universe.

It doesn't matter how "similar" they are to 616, they're just straight up not the same character explicitly now, that's how universe designation works. It is an original character as recognized by Marvel Comics, and original characters, guess what? Can get profiles.

Honestly every Marvel character will get profiles regardless anyways because they're clearly not 616, they don't even act the same way in most cases. The only exception to this is Shuma-Gorath, and that's it.

Firstly, the context given does hint to a loose continuity regardless, you yourself said MvC:I, we know characters state they've met before prior.

Again I just don't get why you're so transfixed on the planet, guess what? If there were two universes yet still, the representation you'll see, is more likely than not gonna be two planets. Back of the box states the universe fuses, the world is a vague enough term to imply universes, you're just pushing off this more likely narrative repeatedly.
I said that they know each other because the story of MvCI starts two months after the two universes fused.
But this happens only in MvCI, which is disconnected from all the others.

I'm talking about planets in MvC3 because we see two planets and the only reference to universes is in the boxart, it's not even that clear what was supposed to merge them in the first place. The story is about the characters fighting each other than getting together to stop Galactus from consuming two planets, which supposedly are the Marvel and Capcom ones.

But still, I have yet to see an evidence that connects each game to the other, what i've seen and brought up are just differences that discredit the theory of all game being connected.

Captain America can have a profile because it's a version of Captain America unique to that universe. It's not a version canon to 616 or any other universe.

It doesn't matter how "similar" they are to 616, they're just straight up not the same character explicitly now, that's how universe designation works. It is an original character as recognized by Marvel Comics, and original characters, guess what? Can get profiles.

Honestly every Marvel character will get profiles regardless anyways because they're clearly not 616, they don't even act the same way in most cases. The only exception to this is Shuma-Gorath, and that's it.
Well not really. Alternate versions of characters are allowed as long as they present a substantial difference from the original, in terms of story, powers, characterization and so on, the point of the rules is exactly to not allow a thousand versions of the same character that are too similar to each other. recently some Godzilla profiles have been deleted for this reason despite them being legit versions, other Dragon Ball characters are not allowed or have been deleted, and it still happens regularly on the deletion thread and all around. You can check the Alternative Canon section of the Canon page if you want to be sure, but even @Antvasima can confirm it.
The point is that a character must have both legitimate and enough different from the main one.

I don't see why Captain America, Wolverine, Ryu, Morrigan and so on should be allowed, they are not unique in some way, they are pretty much the same version of the original. Characters such as Cyber Akuma should be ok because of the differences from their main counterpart, but the others are just too limited.

I said that they know each other because the story of MvCI starts two months after the two universes fused.
But this happens only in MvCI, which is disconnected from all the others.

I'm talking about planets in MvC3 because we see two planets and the only reference to universes is in the boxart, it's not even that clear what was supposed to merge them in the first place. The story is about the characters fighting each other than getting together to stop Galactus from consuming two planets, which supposedly are the Marvel and Capcom ones.

But still, I have yet to see an evidence that connects each game to the other, what i've seen and brought up are just differences that discredit the theory of all game being connected.
The differences you brought up are arbitrary distinctions you're forcing and the likelihood of them being connected are higher than it's not.

I can make just as nonsensical claims by going to anything with a floating timeline and claiming every episode isn't canon to the prior one. Stuff is always more likely
Well not really. Alternate versions of characters are allowed as long as they present a substantial difference from the original, in terms of story, powers, characterization and so on, the point of the rules is exactly to not allow a thousand versions of the same character that are too similar to each other. recently some Godzilla profiles have been deleted for this reason despite them being legit versions, other Dragon Ball characters are not allowed or have been deleted, and it still happens regularly on the deletion thread and all around. You can check the Alternative Canon section of the Canon page if you want to be sure, but even @Antvasima can confirm it.
I have rewrote that page, mate... I think you need to be sure what's written... the returning Main Characters of a roster in a major fighting game franchise are significant enough to warrant files.In fact, Spider-Man has appeared in MvC more times than ******* MCU, we're not deleting MCU pages anytime soon.

And it says nowhere that they HAVE to be distinct btw, where the **** are you getting that point?

I believe profiles for noteworthy enough alternate versions are allowed even if they don't differ too much from the original, as seen with the many versions of superhero character pages, that's an issue only if they're obscure, which MvC isn't. That said, let's try to calm down, eh Zark?

The differences you brought up are arbitrary distinctions you're forcing and the likelihood of them being connected are higher than it's not.
But what are these likelihood? Because I've just seen differences and nothing that suggests that they are connected, according to Marvel Spider-Man stright up died. Everything I've brought up suggests that they are not and I haven't seen a single thing that does it, besides some sparse reference.

The difference for Spider-Man in the MCU is that he has an actual and clear personal story to back up the character, differences in knowledge and experiences, different equipment, stuff that he did by himself and so on.

MvC Spider-Man has those classic abilities he has even in normal, an unknown backstory, the fact that he has faced a bunch of people off screen and some very little stuff he did in the MvC3 trailers and various endings. He didn't do much neither in MvCI, he fought some zombie, Haggar and Modok, got infected by a symbiote for 5 minutes and that's it.

He also got killed by Morlun, but for some reason it can't be accounted, despite having been canonized by Marvel, and they canonizing the universe is the main reason this thread is on.

And all of this assuming we want to composite all games as if they shared a clear continuity, of which I haven't see a single evidence yet.

The many versions of the superheroes is that all of them are different from the other in a way or another. They share a common ground, but it can't be the only thing. The characters from MvC are pretty much just them.

Ok I'm getting sick of it

Give me the line that states notability of a character isn't enough, they have to be distinct versions, in that page.

The many versions of the superheroes is that all of them are different from the other in a way or another. They share a common ground, but it can't be the only thing. The characters from MvC are pretty much just them.
"3) Should said alternative versions originate within the main continuity, they would also be considered primary canon, and allowed, if notable enough.

Ex: Thought Robot/Cosmic Armor Superman, the DC One Million characters, and the Earth-3 Crime Syndicate of America all originate within mainstream comics, and feature interactions with the primary DC Characters. Similarly, the Marvel Ultimate Universe was a prominent comicbook line for a considerable time, and the two continuities have recently merged into one, so profiles from said verse are also allowed, as long as proper feats and scaling can be found for the statistics."

Since MvC is its own numbered continuity, ergo a canonical part of the marvel universe, it falls under this case.

Pretty sure Superman has like 20 profiles that are similar to each other in story and powers, still is allowed, same for other super heroes from DC and Marvel

I understand that we avoid profiles that are too similar to others, but MVC characters have an actual story completely different from their main versions, with some having different powers even (Wolverine can project energy for example), and going by, again, Superman profiles for example, having a different story and a few different powers is apparently enough

Pretty sure Superman has like 20 profiles that are similar to each other in story and powers, still is allowed, same for other super heroes from DC and Marvel

I understand that we avoid profiles that are too similar to others, but MVC characters have an actual story completely different from their main versions, with some having different powers even (Wolverine can project energy for example), and going by, again, Superman profiles for example, having a different story and a few different powers is apparently enough
Alternative solution: delete superman profiles which are similar to each other.

Back