• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MvC profiles are now possible

Can somebody write a list of the members who contributed to this thread earlier, so I can send a notification to them?

I still stand by my claims tbh, and I find Saman's refutations invalid.

If Marvel itself says its a different universe, that is all that's needed.

I agree with The_Impress, if the universe is treated separately, and the characters have feats on other levels to their 616 selves. Visual or Story elements shouldn't really be worth much to disprove them being different incarnations.

It is possible that the same thing can happen to two different universes characters after all, else literally every Marvel universe would be entirely different and no characters would exist in the same way that we've seen.

As usual for crossovers, we should simply scale the characters from what is shown in the crossover itself, and ignore the statistics for the individual verses involved in it.

We need feats calced as i said last time, also saman pretty much shown the characters in each game dont remember they crossed paths, so either do separate keys or composite mvc series as a whole (which is unlikely to be done) by the sheer fact all games exist in that alternate marvel universe

Also impress didnt prove anything last i remember nor adressed saman points and goes on head canon

Last edited:
If there is no evidence within the games for that all of the crossovers happened in the same universe, we should probably consider them as separate, yes.

We need feats calced as i said last time, also saman pretty much shown the characters in each game dont remember they crossed paths, so either do separate keys or composite mvc series as a whole (which is unlikely to be done) by the sheer fact all games exist in that alternate marvel universe

Also impress didnt prove anything last i remember nor adressed saman points and goes on head canon
Well, at least I covered up to MvC 2 AP wise technically.

I guess I'll try to find something in Infinite or MvC3 if it'll be separated from other games.

Well, at least I covered up to MvC 2 AP wise technically.

I guess I'll try to find something in Infinite or MvC3 if it'll be separated from other games.
Funny that from so many games of this crossover series they lack in feats a lot, especially from their 2 most recent games as well which are more cinematic

I can't reply properly as of now, but Marvel says its canon
It's just a writer drawing a single page in Spiderverse where Morlun murders a Spider Man with some MvC reference in their 2-3 panels fight.
That's completely different from making canon an entirely separate series which by itself isn't really tied to itself across the games.

In Infinite characters know each other because the game starts some months after the merging started, it is said at the beginning of the story mode, and a lot has happened during said months.

Funny that from so many games of this crossover series they lack in feats a lot, especially from their 2 most recent games as well which are more cinematic
That moment when indie games such as Shovel Knight, A Hat in time or skullgirls have more feats.

Anyway, I've found this feat, I believe there should be a way to calculate that. Betting it'll be at least small building.

There's also this feat, though I can't really say much about it:

That's basically it for MvC3/Infinite AP/Dura feats.

I can't reply properly as of now, but Marvel says its canon
It's just a writer drawing a single page in Spiderverse where Morlun murders a Spider Man with some MvC reference in their 2-3 panels fight.
That's completely different from making canon an entirely separate series which by itself isn't really tied to itself across the games.

In Infinite characters know each other because the game starts some months after the merging started, it is said at the beginning of the story mode, and a lot has happened during said months.
I personally agree with this.

So what should we currently do here exactly?

So what should we currently do here exactly?
I guess we have 2 opposite opinions on case.

1. Impress case: Use MvC universe as one of the Marvel universes, therefore characters are getting scaling from every MvC series game.

2. Saman's case: Use MvC as separate universe (in other words, crossover fighting game series) from all of Marvel which is still allowed thx to crossover rules being changed a bit. Verse will be separated in 2 sections.

Section 1: From SF vs X-Men up to MvC2 where Marvel and Capcom universe was single.

Section 2: MvC 3 to MvC infinite where Marvel and Capcom is separated as 2 universes.

What option I'm leaning on?

Well, I'm better to treat MvC as separate verse from Marvel, however I also would like to see more and basically complete evidence for future reference, so there was a reason to separate games in 2 sections. In first MvC in Cap's ending was shown that Capcom characters could come from another universe. Though there should be evidences for games actually being different from each other, as Saman tells.
Some of the stuff for his own point, Saman said above.

Thank you for the summary. I am personally leaning towards using Saman's solution.

Back