• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MvC profiles are now possible

As I said, they have special animations because of flair, that doesn't mean them being able to parry certain things is canon.
They have special way of blocking because of already established lore behind those characters.

By canon logic of MVC, they can block anything or you are denying fundamentally how the fights works.

And those abilities used to block attacks are showed in the moveset of those characters, is undeniable canon, even if we ignore X abilitie can or can not block Y abilitie.

They have special way of blocking because of already established lore behind those characters.
Lore that does not transfer to crossover games, nevermind that that would not be enough.
By canon logic of MVC, they can block anything or you are denying fundamentally how the fights works.
I am indeed denying that the gameplay a game designed for pvp balance reflects in any way what little lore the game has, yes.
And those abilities used to block attacks are showed in the moveset of those characters, is undeniable canon, even if we ignore X abilitie can or can not block Y abilitie.
Oh it's very deniable, watch me. There's no correlation between Phoenix being able to shoot fire and her being able to use that fire to react and block something.​

Lore that does not transfer to crossover games, nevermind that that would not be enough.

I am indeed denying that the gameplay a game designed for pvp balance reflects in any way what little lore the game has, yes.

Oh it's very deniable, watch me. There's no correlation between Phoenix being able to shoot fire and her being able to use that fire to react and block something.​
To be fair, some key things that makes what the character is gets transfered.

Since i now getting the big picture, i going to suggest some things related to what i argued.

-Make key for arcade mode (which includes the endings from MVC3).

-Key for canon lore (like MVCI includes a actual campaign/canon fights).

Can somebody remind me what we need to do here please?

Okay. If you write a list of the members who helped out in this thread earlier, I can send notifications to them.

First gather the viable feats, have them calculated and then we can determine what scales to who, what is canon to what and so on.

This thread is basically a place where to make this work in progress.

Probably it's because you're already on this thread and you haven't seen.

Armor's ping worked on me when people wanted to delete Apollo.

Also, SamanPatou, what do you think that we should do here?

So, many characters work with "real world" weaponry, so Supersonic+ attack speed and some tiers (Not physical, but from the weapons) should be okay via that

For speed, I really don't know, Thor has Natural Lightning but that's also Attack Speed, and he and Dormammu has those storm feats so we have some AP aswell

I'll take a second look at Infinite's Story Mode to see if I can find something

I'm in extreme disagreement from the conclusion here, so won't likely be that invested

I think Zangief's feats and Some Speed feats have already been calc'd, we can use them if you care.

Otherwise I think MvC3 characters are all approximately 9-B based on their ingame feats, unless we calculate Galactus's KE as a giant and scale them to it

Not all endings are canon, I guess we can only scale Galactus to the people that have him defeated in their endings

Like Dark Phoenix for example

They defeated Galactus in his "regular" size while that Planet stuff is done via his giant form

Now, Galactus also has another Tier 5 feat in his ending and done via his Energy, this one should be used , his KE while in his "regular" size might also be interesting, maybe around 9-A or 8-C

First gather the viable feats, have them calculated and then we can determine what scales to who, what is canon to what and so on.

This thread is basically a place where to make this work in progress.
Thank you. Help with this is appreciated then.

Should I send notifications to more supporters if I can find any?

Okay. If somebody finds good feats and lists evidence for them, I can ask for calculations.

Necro but I calced one of the MVC feats.

Would be weird to assume Zangief here isn't the one who caused explosion, so probs this can be counted as the feat for characters who are not Galactus/Ultron-Sigma caliber.
Alright so basically this feat can be pretty much be beginning for MVC characters as profiles in terms of AP, considering there are no anti feats for it either.

I don't know if there're speed feats for MVC, but I remember it is possible to use character's projectiles, such as Thor's thunder, Hawkeye's arrows, Dr. Doom's electricity, Nemesis's RPG and etc.

Stamina or others should not be already much of a big deal, so I feel it is might possible to try to work on verse now.

The main problem is that it comes from the first MvC, and the games aren't really connected by a real canon.

Afaik, there are no connections between MvC1 and 2.
Between 2 and 3 there's only a reference in the Days of Future Past stage.
Between 3 and Infinite there's nothing.

It doesn't help that, starting from MvC3, the universes are confirmed to be different universes, and in Infinite both were strangers to each other.

For this reason I have very strong doubts if we have to scale characters in this way, tbh.

I can provide links for what I've stated above once I reach my PC.

The main problem is that it comes from the first MvC, and the games aren't really connected by a real canon.

Afaik, there are no connections between MvC1 and 2.
Between 2 and 3 there's only a reference in the Days of Future Past stage.
Between 3 and Infinite there's nothing.

It doesn't help that, starting from MvC3, the universes are confirmed to be different universes, and in Infinite both were strangers to each other.

For this reason I have very strong doubts if we have to scale characters in this way, tbh.

I can provide links for what I've stated above once I reach my PC.
That's ok.

Probs to at least prove that MvC 3 connected with Infinite is exactly the fact that both games have a consensus there are 2 universes/worlds.

Capcom one and Marvel one.

Ultron-Sigma proves that in begining of infinite.

Galactus demonstrates this in his ending.

In Zero ending cosmology of that sort of multiverse grows where was apparently demonstrated few other parallel universes, could be interesting to look at.

There's also Frank West ending where we can see Zombie universe.

Main factor for continuity of games being connected probably well...

Is the fact that it is a series with numeration of chapters, I mean, there's at least nothing to assume games were separated from each other. And since there are reference to each other, I can probably see games being connected to each other.

There are instances of games separation such as KI which got rebooted and MK which got a timeline reset. MvC case seems to be quite trickier.

Probs to at least prove that MvC 3 connected with Infinite is exactly the fact that both games have a consensus there are 2 universes/worlds.

Capcom one and Marvel one.
The universes being two in both games doesn't prove they're the same in both games.
In fact, the Marvel and Capcom universes were strangers to each other in Infinite, before the merging happened.

And until MvC3, there universe was supposed to be one.
X-Men vs Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom and and Marvel vs Capcom 2 are all loosely connected, if not connected at all, and they seemingly take place in the same universe, or at least nothing suggests the opposite.

The references to two different universes colliding start in MvC3.

Main factor for continuity of games being connected probably well...

Is the fact that it is a series with numeration of chapters, I mean, there's at least nothing to assume games were separated from each other. And since there are reference to each other, I can probably see games being connected to each other.
Numeration doesn't really mean anything, a game being a sequel to another doesn't prove they're connected.
You can try to say they were the same until MvC2 were the world was only one (unless some ending doesn't disprove it, I should check) but the troubles start with MvC3 which separates the universes.

And how would the characters even scale to Zangief, other than the arbitrary assumption that others should be comparable to him?

The universes being two in both games doesn't prove they're the same in both games.
In fact, the Marvel and Capcom universes were strangers to each other in Infinite, before the merging happened.

And until MvC3, there universe was supposed to be one.
X-Men vs Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom and and Marvel vs Capcom 2 are all loosely connected, if not connected at all, and they seemingly take place in the same universe, or at least nothing suggests the opposite.

The references to two different universes colliding start in MvC3.
Would like to see a bit more about it, because as far as I remember characters in infinite seem to know each other. There's this:

But the problem that Ultron, Sigma, Death and Jedah were not in previous games(only Jedah, but he was just...there), so it should be possible for those characters to not know each other (on another note I have not fully played infinite so I could miss some information).

Now a little anthology of basics what we know about lore of Marvel vs Capcom, could probably be helpful on this case.

Potentially it is implied here in Marvel Superheroes vs Street Fighter there are multiple universes thanks to Shuma-Gorath.

It is implied characters have met multiple times.

Shuma did this. Neat.

Blackheart was introduced to SF characters by someone (?) Plus Blackheart scaling to Zangief.

Apparently Capcom characters were "summoned" in a way, meaning they were not in same universe as marvel all time. That one should proof the fact that separate universes in MvC was a thing from a part 1.

Oh yeah, Morrigan also technically hitted Zangief.

Sort of implication of interaction between Marvel and Capcom worlds. Plus statement of merge between those 2 worlds (and not just a portal between the 2 worlds I guess).

Bruh, MSHvsSF game can also imply it's all Ken's dream.

No, seriously why when it comes to Ken, MvC series
turns into a fiction?

There's more stuff to dig but I'll sleep for now.

MvC2 doesn't seem to have story in a first place.

Last edited:
So uh, quick bump.

I guess even if we would not try to scale characters from MvC3 and Infinite using characters up to MvC2 seems fine.

In MvC infinite I believe there should be some interesting feats to calc. At least in both 3 and infinite we can probably use gameplay stuff at least.

Back