• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Multiple Selves thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sensui basically has 7 Consciousnesses and souls in the same body; and even each consciousness has different power levels and sets of powers and abilities. So he seems like a combination of type 1 and 2 based on the list.

Gobta (Light Novel) gets All Types with Magic Wolf Transformation, he fuses with Ranga and turns into a werewolf, with both consciousness cooperating in battle. Likewise, Ranga (Light Novel) gets the same ability as well. They previously did not have Multiple Personalities in their page, and it's only when they fuse.
Gobta's spell which makes him fuse with Ranga is called Unification, right?

Ranga gets it in his Pre-Harvest or Post-Harvest key?

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can send me a message if you need my help later.

I still need help with the following characters, and many other characters on the wiki have this ability without an explanation whatsoever, or it is insufficient to understand in it's legit to keep or not.

Also, keep this in mind when evaluating if a character can keep multiple selves or not.

I need inputs for the following characters and how their multiple selves powers, and I'm going to call some knowledgeable people on each series (I don't need to tag two times people who are knowleadgeable on multiple series, I guess)

Also, remember that some characters may not qualify, as stated in the previous messages.

Soldies (TF2): @Da_Lunge_Fish @Abstractions

Ling Yao: @Migue79 @TheRustyOne @Matthew_Schroeder

Nia Teppelin: @BluudyManikin777

Black Rock Shooter (Anime): @Newendigo @ShadowWarrior1999

Kalista and Varus: @WeeklyBattles

I'd like some help identifying Tsubasa Hanekawa's type, since it's unclear and really I could see it fitting into any of the 3 types we have listed.

Hanekawa can sever inconvenient memories and emotions. When she severs emotions, they turn into supernatural beings embodying those emotions of hers. One of them was a new supernatural being, taking a large white tiger which roamed around the town burning down buildings.

One of them was modeled based on the myth of the "sawarineko", which possesses people's bodies, so this creation resides in her body as an alternate personality. It retains her memories and knowledge. While it generally comes out at night when she's stressed, they have shown to swap "control of the body/mind" I guess you'd call it at a moment's notice when necessary (swapping to Hanekawa so that she can speak from the heart, and swapping to the sawarineko when attacked). When she was struck with a blade which harmed supernatural beings but harmlessly passed through normal humans, the sawarineko was killed and she was left unharmed.

If any more information's needed to see what type she'd fit under, let me know and I can try to find it.

Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach will qualify for multiple personalities I think. Due to Zangetsu and White.

Many other characters from Bleach may also qualify I think due to Zanpakutou having thier own sentience inside the Soul Reaper. Though who I may need to check.

I'd like some help identifying Tsubasa Hanekawa's type, since it's unclear and really I could see it fitting into any of the 3 types we have listed.

Hanekawa can sever inconvenient memories and emotions. When she severs emotions, they turn into supernatural beings embodying those emotions of hers. One of them was a new supernatural being, taking a large white tiger which roamed around the town burning down buildings.

One of them was modeled based on the myth of the "sawarineko", which possesses people's bodies, so this creation resides in her body as an alternate personality. It retains her memories and knowledge. While it generally comes out at night when she's stressed, they have shown to swap "control of the body/mind" I guess you'd call it at a moment's notice when necessary (swapping to Hanekawa so that she can speak from the heart, and swapping to the sawarineko when attacked). When she was struck with a blade which harmed supernatural beings but harmlessly passed through normal humans, the sawarineko was killed and she was left unharmed.

If any more information's needed to see what type she'd fit under, let me know and I can try to find it.
I'd say types 1 and 3, as the tiger is naturally an alternate mind/personality but can also take its own physical form.

I'd clarify that the "tiger" and the "sawarineko" are separate beings. The former has its own independent physical form (while still embodying one of her severed emotions), while the latter doesn't.

Well I want to ask where this guy fits into:- V

This person is born after separation of Vergil into Urizen via Yamato as shown here:-
00018.jpeg

In the process several of his nightmares or memories that are discarded take "physical" forms in the shape of a few demons from his past who were basically Mundus' Generals....like Nightmare a living WMD , a shadow panther, a giant magma spider and a talkative Griffon. All of these can't even be called true demons.....they can deal damage to enemies but cannot kill enemies, since they aren't "real" enough...V has to kill them himself.

When V bind their contracts to himself....they live as parts of his soul and mind.....their relationship is symbiotic.....both side depend on each other for life and power or they die.

So what would this be classified as for V??

Also later V merges back with Urizen to form back into Vergil.
And He can still somehow turn himself into V and summon his familiars....
Like this....

what would that be called?

I need inputs for the following characters and how their multiple selves powers, and I'm going to call some knowledgeable people on each series (I don't need to tag two times people who are knowleadgeable on multiple series, I guess)

Also, remember that some characters may not qualify, as stated in the previous messages.

Sora. I know the heart is different from the mind and the soul, thus I don't know which type of Multiple Selves fits Sora (and Ventus' heart should also be mentioned on the profile, I guess): @Bobsican
Oh, sorry for coming late here, I'm aware you told me in Discord over this, but it seems I forgot some stuff at the time, what is a Heart simply doesn't really fit any of the current types, it's not a "mind" in the proper sense, or a soul, let alone the biological thing. The closest option is perhaps the one of the mind, even if technically speaking it's something that's made of memories, emotions and aspects that make all of existence in the setting (light and/or darkness). Anyways, type 1 fits best unless a fourth type is made for cases where it's another kind of existence being involved.

Anyways, you told me that it was best being removed if it's entirely useless for his case and all, however, it's made as a plot point for sending them to another body to inhabit, and there's the entire plot point in KHII of Sora being able to use two Keyblades out of merging with Roxas. Ventus's Heart also protected Sora's from the darkness (Armored Ventus Nightmare in KH3D and all), so I think it could fit for his case.

On another note, can we please replace the current picture for Multiple Selves to one that illustrates better? The character featured doesn't even have a profile, and probably is based on the outdated meaning of this power (Even the description says "conflicting personalities")

Can you write a quick draft which explains how does it work for Sora? I already know it, but we should put it in brackets next to the power.

About the picture, yes, it will be changed, we just need to find something as a replacement and finish to fix all the remaining profiles (and I also got other stuff to do wiki-wise and outside of it, so I have less time now for this project).

Bumping this question.

Both types can be given at once?

Well I want to ask where this guy fits into:- V

This person is born after separation of Vergil into Urizen via Yamato as shown here:-
00018.jpeg

In the process several of his nightmares or memories that are discarded take "physical" forms in the shape of a few demons from his past who were basically Mundus' Generals....like Nightmare a living WMD , a shadow panther, a giant magma spider and a talkative Griffon. All of these can't even be called true demons.....they can deal damage to enemies but cannot kill enemies, since they aren't "real" enough...V has to kill them himself.

When V bind their contracts to himself....they live as parts of his soul and mind.....their relationship is symbiotic.....both side depend on each other for life and power or they die.

So what would this be classified as for V??

Also later V merges back with Urizen to form back into Vergil.
And He can still somehow turn himself into V and summon his familiars....
Like this....

what would that be called?

Pls classify this too....

Can you write a quick draft which explains how does it work for Sora? I already know it, but we should put it in brackets next to the power.

About the picture, yes, it will be changed, we just need to find something as a replacement and finish to fix all the remaining profiles (and I also got other stuff to do wiki-wise and outside of it, so I have less time now for this project).
Sure
"Multiple Selves (Type 1, Sora contains alongside his own Heart the one of Kairi (Only KHI) Roxas, Xion (KHII to KHIII) and Ventus (4-year old-KHIII), which has allowed him to revive them within other bodies. Roxas allowed Sora to wield two Keyblades, while Ventus summoned his Keyblade Armor to shield Sora from the darkness)"

Note that this applies only with Ventus since the earliest key, Kairi only applies in the KHI key, and Roxas and Xion apply since KHII to KHIII, the three are then released (as individuals in a body of their own) after KHIII (Kairi gets released similarly around the end-game of KHI), meaning that he no longer has this after that, but this part won't be relevant until yet another key is needed with a new game in the series or so, so I'm noting this just in case. There's also Kairi back in KHI being in Sora the same way.

Because of the above, around three listings should be used to specify, one for Sora just having Ventus (earliest key), one to specify Sora also having Kairi in the KHI section, and one for Sora also having Roxas and Xion (KHII section).

Last edited:
So me and Cloozuma talked on discord about V....
So tldr;

The demons are core based....and their cores are souls...and their bodies are physical.
The cores live inside V as parts his soul, while the bodies form the tatoos that form the contract. And he can talk to the cores inside his head telepathically.

So basically he qualifies for all 3 types.

So what next after this??

You edit V's profile, then you ask a DMC expert to put an input on the other two types

There's definitely a lot to change, idk how tho, new to Fandom ig
A few users have bots that can automatically make changes like that. We'll need to figure out what to change it to, and ask them to.

A few users have bots that can automatically make changes like that. We'll need to figure out what to change it to, and ask them to.
Elizhaa, Promestein, and AKM have such Bot accounts.

I also have a Bot, but do not have the more advanced AutoWikiBrowser program installed, so I can ony make less complicated changes.

How are things progressing here so far?

Here are all of the pages that need to be revised:

And I think that the following category needs to first be replaced with "Multiple Selves", and then be removed for the incorrect cases:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Split_Personalities

I can handle the category renaming when you all think that it is appropriate.
No one hasn't asked about Multiple Selves yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back