• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Multiple Selves thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there organisms in them?
Yeah, Greed and Ling might even qualify for all 3...
2 minds and soul(s) in one..... hell the philosopher's stone is a collection of many souls with their collective greed forming the Greed.
And obviously, Greed's Philosopher's Stone itself grants various unique physiological upgrades... so 2 bodies in one too...

Basically same as Ichigo and Naruto... if both qualify for all 3 types... Greedling can too.
No, unless you count the Philosopher Stone as an organism.
Gilver said Ling qualified for all three types, you asked if there were multiple organisms in Ling, instead of just multiple souls and minds, and I said only if you count the Philosopher's Stone as an organism.

Wait I just want to ask cuz im a bit confused. Is Multiple Personalities being revised as something else (with different types, etc.) or is it being removed as a power entirely?

Okie dokie. And for the guys that lost it, we have to make new CRTs to try and re-add them under the new rules?
I don't think CRTs are actually needed? They already had the ability after all.

Gilver said Ling qualified for all three types, you asked if there were multiple organisms in Ling, instead of just multiple souls and minds, and I said only if you count the Philosopher's Stone as an organism.
The wierd thing is that the Philosopher's Stone is physical objects that can be held by normal humans, if it was only "soul and mind" then humans would need NPI to touch it and ESP to see it.
Thats the reason I think why have low-high regen instead of low-godly regen.

So this Red Tincture as its also called does act like real brain and heart of the Homunculus.... or more importantly core.
And even if it does not show conventional "sentience" it still obviously is despite not being able to display it.
Also physiological upgrades come part and parcel with Greed's stones, which shouldn't be conventionally possible with just "soul and mind".
So reckoned all 3 types would fit.

I would still love a critique from a knowledgeable member of the verse to give final opinion.

Wouldn't Sharaku qualify for type 1?

I don't think CRTs are actually needed? They already had the ability after all.
Oh? I asked because characters I know who had it, and had justifications for them, still got them removed and I don't think they were replaced (then again, specifying the type would be needed I guess).

Oh? I asked because characters I know who had it, and had justifications for them, still got them removed and I don't think they were replaced (then again, specifying the type would be needed I guess).
I have no clue why that happened, I thought only characters without justifications were having them removed.

Also, no-one seem to take issue with me re-adding it to characters with the new types without a CRT.

Wouldn't Sharaku qualify for type 1?
He would.

I have no clue why that happened, I thought only characters without justifications were having them removed.

Also, no-one seem to take issue with me re-adding it to characters with the new types without a CRT.
Other characters who lost it and will not have it added again are those who just suffer from multiple personalities disorder, as it's not a superpower by itself but, in fact, a disorder, a mental "condition" (I hope these are suitable definitions).

The only exceptions are when said personality disorder has a supernatural influence on the character, giving them actual superpowers, resistances and such.

I explained it better earlier in this thread, but basically we must mark the difference between a simple disorder and a disorder that gives you superpower, as the first can't be listed.

This to be respectful of those who suffer from this kind of disorder and generally avoid to be offensive and always label it as a superpower even when it's unnecessary.

It's just like blindness, you don't normally list it, but you do if it's connected to exceptional abilities such as enhanced senses.

SamanPatou is correct.

Can somebody remind me if the "Multiple Selves" page has been written already btw?

I'm pretty sure that Kirby's Heroic Heart should count as type 2, it talks on its own, came out of Kirby's "heart" but it's an energy-like thing that's likely incorporeal and most likely didn't came from Kirby's literal heart, but his mind/spirit. It's basically a Stand, I have this written for his Notable Attacks/Techniques:

• Heroic Heart (勇者の心): A yellow star-shaped thing that once came out of Kirby's body to help him, despite the latter being divided into 10 and with 9 of them having been erased. It remained the same when the other Kirbys were revived. The Heroic Heart is sentient and presumably spiritual in nature (Unlike the name may imply, it's not Kirby's literal heart, it came out of his body and its name can be interpreted as it being a spirit; 勇者 = Hero/the Brave, 心 = Heart/Spirit/Mind. It's also not Kirby's literal soul as killing 1 of the divided 10 Kirbys turns any of them into a soul version of Kirby). The Heroic Heart can manifest itself and disappear around Kirby when needed to, wrap Kirbys in energy to mobilize them or throw them like projectiles.

Question. Would someone who can possess and merge with multiple beings at once, and turn them into souls, count as having Type 2 multiple selves?

Like say, you use your soul to possess Character A. Then, while possessing Character A, you possess Character B and Character A becomes a soul. Then, you go onto possessing Character C, making Character B a soul as well, and so on and so forth.

Question. Would someone who can possess and merge with multiple beings at once, and turn them into souls, count as having Type 2 multiple selves?

Like say, you use your soul to possess Character A. Then, while possessing Character A, you possess Character B and Character A becomes a soul. Then, you go onto possessing Character C, making Character B a soul as well, and so on and so forth.
Seems like Immortality Type 6 afaik.

@Damage3245 What is Zangetsu to Ichigo? Is it just a mind/personality or even a soul? I don't know much of Bleach, but even if it's only a different personality, it seems to give him powers, transformations and so on.

Ichigo has two Zangetsu's, each of which are the manifested spirit of Ichigo's Zanpakuto abilities and Ichigo's Quincy abilities.

They are definitely different personalities from Ichigo's but since they represent his innate abilities, I'm not sure whether they'd actually qualify as being separate souls.

All Kamen Riders with Multiple Selves are literally fusions between 2 or more people.

BoBoiBoy can split himself into 7 people each with their own distinct personalities.

Oppenheimer has Shiva inside of him.

Destroyman had two distinctly different personalities that made themselves more apparent when he was literally split into two different people.

Robbie Reyes has it for the literal same reason Johnny Blaze has it.

Roy Han has it because he can split himself up into different people, all of whom can fuse back into him.

All Kamen Riders with Multiple Selves are literally fusions between 2 or more people.
Do they become a single being even in its mind or the fusion still keeps their personalities?

BoBoiBoy can split himself into 7 people each with their own distinct personalities..

Roy Han has it because he can split himself up into different people, all of whom can fuse back into him.

Does these personalities exist even in their normal state or just during duplication? Because that would apply to almost all duplication users, whose copies can act and/or think on their own, even if they are identical to the original.

Oppenheimer has Shiva inside of him.
Is it just a consciousness or can it be considered a soul or even a physical being?

Destroyman had two distinctly different personalities that made themselves more apparent when he was literally split into two different people.
Are those just normal multiple personalities? Because that kind of stuff, such as "natural" split personality disorders, isn't considered valid anymore.

I wouldn't count Zangetsu as Multiple Organisms.

There are two Zangetsu's.

One is the manifestation of Ichigo's Quincy abilities.

One is the manifestation of his Shinigami abilities and his Inner Hollow.

Ichigo's inner Hollow is the result of a separate Hollow creature that fused with Ichigo's inherited Shinigami abilities. It no longer exists really as a separate entity.

Since they're called "manifested spirits" then I think that Type 1 and Type 2 is what is most applicable.

Thank you. Do you think the current explanation is enough or should it be expanded?

"Ichigo and Zangetsu are both seperate entities that behave completely different from one another"

Kamen Rider fusions do indeed have multiple people inside one body controlling that one body.

BoBoiBoy and Roy Han when fused only have one personality.

Yeah, Destroyman might have normal multiple personalities, but it's entirely exaggerated.

Shiva is to Oppy, what Hulk is to Banner.

Also, the Zorya Sisters are one being that is split into 3 people. Even in their idealised unified form, they have 3 faces, each with distinct personalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back