• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Multiple Selves thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are things progressing here so far?
I think most profiles would have been updated by now, but this thread should still be left open for any stragglers confused about what types to give various characters.

The category renaming would be good, but I'd like Promestein's input on what to change it to.

Afaik many profiles still need to be updated because we need to determine which type of multiple selves the remaining characters have and most importantly if they actually deserve the power.

I don't know if someone has updated them anyway.

At the top of the thread there's a list of characters and related supporters I made, which is also where I stopped editing, because an astonishing number of profiles has "multiple personalities" without an explanation whatsoever.

The category renaming would be good, but I'd like Promestein's input on what to change it to.
@Promestein

What do you think about the above issue?
Afaik many profiles still need to be updated because we need to determine which type of multiple selves the remaining characters have and most importantly if they actually deserve the power.

I don't know if someone has updated them anyway.

At the top of the thread there's a list of characters and related supporters I made, which is also where I stopped editing, because an astonishing number of profiles has "multiple personalities" without an explanation whatsoever.
The characters that have the ability listed without any explanation, can probably have it and the associated category removed.

The power "Multiple Personalities" has been renamed to "Multiple Selves". Characters with the old power had the category "Split Personalities". What should the new category for those characters be?

The characters that have the ability listed without any explanation, can probably have it and the associated category removed.
That would speed up the process, but at the same time it might take the power from characters that deserve to have it.

Well, given the lack of input here, the only realistic ways that this revision can be accomplished seem to be to either remove the ability and category from all the characters that do not have an explanation, or to replace them all, and hope that our members will gradually fix the resulting problems over time.

We could remove it and leave here a list of the characters affected, then supporters and such can check or be called later, to explain and re-add it overtime if needed.

Last edited:
Multiple Self Users? I dunno. Or remove it.

Multiple Self Users or Multiple Selves; latter sounds awkward.

Both of those still sound kinda weird grammatically, though out of the two I'm leaning towards the former. A grammatically proper one would be something like "Characters With Multiple Selves", but that also feels a bit long for a category name.

I am personally fine with Agnaa's suggestion, in lack of better options.

This is a list of all characters from which I removed Multiple Personalities because they didn't have an explanation. Any users is welcome to check it out and give reasons or make a CRT to give the new ability back to their characters. I'm not going to put links to make my work shorter, they are on the wiki anyway. The list will be updated overtime,

Note that these are only the characters that got it removed because they lack an explanation, thus it doesn't contain those who don't have it anymore because it doesn't qualify as an actual power.

• Heather Mason
  • Legion (Mass Effect)
  • Millennian Io
  • Nia Teppelin
  • Raiden Mei
  • Raven (Rage Hearts Path)
  • Seele Vollerei
  • Soldier (TF2)
  • Kalista
  • Varus
  • Utsuro
  • Tart
  • Oriko Mikuni
  • Riz
  • Rumplestiltskin (OUAT)
  • Rai Batenkaios
  • Captain Underpants
  • Green Goblin (Raimi)
  • Kazumi Subaru
  • Chloe O'Bell (Web Novel)
  • Santa Claus (The Librarians)
  • Ataru Moroboshi
  • Gildedguy
  • Ren Isuzu
  • Iroha Tamaki
  • Amane Sisters
  • Sho Minazuki
  • Johan (Sekien no Iganock)
  • Merkava
  • Zuckuss
  • Elise (Azure Striker Gunvolt)
  • Snake of Clearing Eyes
  • Seiso Hazakura
  • Berio Trope
  • The Joker (DCAU)
  • Springheel Jack (Strawberry Spring)
  • Two-Face (Post-Crisis)
  • Bazim-Gorag the Firebringer
  • Ripper (XBlaze)
  • Mr. Fear
  • Kon Tatsumi
  • Rimuru Tempest (Web Novel)
  • Tsubasa Hanekawa (Magia Record)
  • Momiji (Binbougami Ga!)
  • Gaia (Baki)
  • Zennon (Original)
  • Roi Alphard
  • Doctor Octopus (Raimi)
  • Mister Negative
  • Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes - Marvel Comics)
  • Fortuna (Spirit Circle)
  • Catwoman (2004 movie)
  • Fantomex
  • Konno Yuki
  • Rikuni Takuto
  • Yasaka Fuuri
  • Saouji Meguru
  • Kamen Rider Cross-Z Evol
  • Kamen Rider Den-O (his Climax form didn't explain if he was possessed or not even there)
  • Avenger (Demon King Nobunaga)
  • Keena Soga
  • The Bulk
  • André Bourgeois
  • Audrey Bourgeois
  • Shakugan
  • Pinwheel
  • Hoaxen (Shadow Fight)
  • Gene (Emoji Movie)
  • Mu Siyun

Last edited:
Yeah Greed and Ling might even qualify for all 3....
2 minds and soul(s) in one..... hell the philosopher's stone is a collection of many souls with their collective greed forming the Greed.
And Obviously the Greed's philosopher's stone itself grants various unique physiological upgrades....so 2 bodies in one too...

Basically same as Ichigo and Naruto...if both qualify for all 3 types.....Greedling can too.

Yeah Greed and Ling might even qualify for all 3....
2 minds and soul(s) in one..... hell the philosopher's stone is a collection of many souls with their collective greed forming the Greed.
And Obviously the Greed's philosopher's stone itself grants various unique physiological upgrades....so 2 bodies in one too...

Basically same as Ichigo and Naruto...if both qualify for all 3 types.....Greedling can too.
Are there organisms in them?

How much is left to do with this project?

I'd say Type 1, 2 and 3. Kurama is another consciousness that can allow for resistance to mental effects, and it'd be fair to say he is another spirit/organism sealed inside their Naruto's body.

I'm having problems with some pages, such as Senya and Gabriel, because of this message that appears when I try to save the edits.

@Antvasima Do you know what it is and if it's possible to solve this issue?

Quick edit: I think some links to forbidden scanlation websites or something are the problem. Perhaps removing them would be the solution, but at the same time may compromise the profile. Some of these links (I didn't check all of them) also bring you to a dead page. Should we contact some supporters and ask them to replace said links and scans?

This is a list of all characters from which I removed Multiple Personalities because they didn't have an explanation. Any users is welcome to check it out and give reasons or make a CRT to give the new ability back to their characters. I'm not going to put links to make my work shorter, they are on the wiki anyway. The list will be updated overtime,

Note that these are only the characters that got it removed because they lack an explanation, thus it doesn't contain those who don't have it anymore because it doesn't qualify as an actual power.
I just noticed this when you removed it from a page I follow, but you didn't remove the associated category, "Split Personalities". I think this could cause some issues.

Some of these links (I didn't check all of them) also bring you to a dead page. Should we contact some supporters and ask them to replace said links and scans?

You spotted the right issue, and that's what should be done to fix it, yeah.

I totally forgot the "split personalities" category, because I usually search for the word "Multiple" within the code of a page.

I'll check even the pages with that category to remove it.

Quick edit: I think some links to forbidden scanlation websites or something are the problem. Perhaps removing them would be the solution, but at the same time may compromise the profile. Some of these links (I didn't check all of them) also bring you to a dead page. Should we contact some supporters and ask them to replace said links and scans?
That is likely the reason, yes. Fandom does not allow adding links to scanlation sites to their wikis.

Contacting supporters to help us out seems like a good idea, yes. They can also use references instead of linked scans.

@Ryuga21 I saw that you're the only supporter of Sengoku Youko and I was wondering if you could help us replacing some links that are in Senya's profile.
Basically, everything that is linked to the Mangasomething website can't be included anymore, I'd appreciate if you could place replacement scans and out them on imgur, or alternatively, if you wish, you can just reference the chapters where those feats or whatever they are have been performed.

@Maruishimaryishi and @Oblivion_Of_The_Endless same as before, but for Gabriel from Gabriel Dropout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back