• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MSPA Discussion Thread Part II: STRIFE!-ing Tendency

Doc actually was inside a "pocket dimension" in the Green Sun, Spades Slick and the Felt later are in it without any problem. Since it did some damage to its manor, it could be implied that he tanked it, but it seems to be more on the side of Circumstantial simultaneity.

The Scratch is done by the Beat Mesa tho, and it technically affect the whole Genesis Frog. Nobody scale to it.

Oh, you're right.

There's still enough material for 2-A then, a new justification would just be better. We have Scratch resetting timelines, The Red Miles, and Scratch linking Snowman's life to the Genesis Frog. Also, kinda interresting, the resurrection or transformation of GT seems to give invulnerability when it happens.

"Also, god tier Aradia, Dave, and Rose were all unharmed by the fire during the resurrection process. Dave and Rose's case was so extreme, they actually emerged from the core of a sun. Does the transformation method itself protect them, until complete? Or is it just the simple matter that upon transforming, they are now immortal, and dying in the very explosion leading to their ascension would count as neither just nor heroic? You may speculate."

There's a lot of minor things like this which should be discussed here during the forum move, so that we can make a CRT after it I would say.

"Time and space mean very little to me" refers more to his ability to reset timelines and his powers, but I think it can be used as support.

However the "assured the creation of the Alternian Universe" should be removed I think.

So i don't get how the talk between alt calliope and jade proved that LE distorted and shattered the aspects.

Like, i read it all snd i didn't find or understand anything implying that the aspects were being damaged by him?

JADE: time wouldnt be moving either?
CALLIOPE: that is correct, in a way.
CALLIOPE: though motion itself is not the absolute process it is in a more conventional medium.
CALLIOPE: the measurement of motion requires stable features for comparison.
CALLIOPE: of which there are very few in the furthest ring, typically.
CALLIOPE: the more cracks that appear, ironically, the more the ring begins to stabilize, at least in a spatial and temporal sense.

JADE: i see
JADE: so
JADE: if the cracks werent there
JADE: how...
JADE: how would we be able to tell if we were moving?
CALLIOPE: motion through the twisted space is not gauged by passing landmarks, but anchored to a particular destination.
CALLIOPE: destination is an idea maintained by the traveler.
CALLIOPE: ideas are subtle composites of various aspects.
CALLIOPE: without clear understanding of destination, motion becomes less discernible.
CALLIOPE: with less discernible motion, passage of time becomes less measurable.
CALLIOPE: at a standstill, time loses meaning, and can seem to stretch on forever, as all events throughout reality swirl around you in no particular order.
CALLIOPE: one becomes isolated from all else. imprisoned by inertia.

The cracks are the result of LE shattering the Furthest Ring and what's inside.

After i commented i read it again and started to think that the cracks were the reason, but it says in a spatio and temporal sense, doesn't sound like distorting all aspects, just space and time.

She refers to space and time by talking about them as Aspects, and Calliope precise that all aspects are barely separable, so it would be weird for the cracks not to affect all of them, especially when it shatters the very essence of the Furthest Ring.

CALLIOPE: the correlation between the passage of time in the furthest ring and any given physical location is tenuous.
CALLIOPE: the measurement of time here is inseparable from the physical passage through its knotted space.
CALLIOPE: those two aspects are closely woven together here, to such an extent that they are barely separable.
CALLIOPE: all aspects are.

JADE: i understand how this place has time and space of course.... even if they work together weirdly
JADE: but
JADE: i dont see any of the others
CALLIOPE: one doesn't see abstractions.
CALLIOPE: not directly.
JADE: ...
JADE: oh
CALLIOPE: each opposing pair is in balance throughout this field so as to form a stable canvas.
CALLIOPE: though the canvas becomes less stable with each crack in the field, ordinarily one would never directly observe its constituent forces.
CALLIOPE: the canvas would seem smooth from afar, but up close, as it were, the tapestry is circuitously woven.
CALLIOPE: the aspects, while remaining in balance, interfere with each other. they interlock and intertwine.

So basically by breaking the furthest ring he is affecting several concepts at once through a "abstract chain reaction/jenga tower"?

The jenga tower thing doesn't have anything to do with it.

However I wouldn't really call this a chain reaction, it's just Lord doing multiples cracks each time he roars or destroy something, and shattering both the Aspects and Furthest Ring.

We don't know, there's no shown Blood - related ability except Kankri's vision. I don't think that it would be like this however.

It isn't really related to trolls hierarchy in particular, it just happens that Karkat have this aspect.

Blood Players deal with bonds in the sens of team, leadership, family and things like that, so it would be more Empathic Manipulation and Social Influencing.

Since it's the opposite of Breath, which is about freedom and escaping things, one can also theorize that it can be considered as bonds like, keeping people in check (like Gamzee) so that they don't mess up.

YuriAkuto said:
We don't know, there's no shown Blood - related ability except Kankri's vision. I don't think that it would be like this however.

It isn't really related to trolls hierarchy in particular, it just happens that Karkat have this aspect.

Blood Players deal with bonds in the sens of team, leadership, family and things like that, so it would be more Empathic Manipulation and Social Influencing.

Since it's the opposite of Breath, which is about freedom and escaping things, one can also theorize that it can be considered as bonds like, keeping people in check (like Gamzee) so that they don't mess up.
Well i talking about a possible upgrade to this ability, because order manipulation is basically this but in a metaphysical sense, but i see what you mean.

I don't really think Order manipulation would have anything to do with this, at best Blood would be about sacrifying yourself for the greater good of others.

Yeah, but a weird one, not like Gamzee. It would possibly solve the whole "1-A Andrew Hussie" too.

Mainly allowing incoherences/ignoring continuity to be a thing.

Prospit had a profile?

Like when robot slick ignored continuity to get a actual scanning eye instead of a useless red plastic dome on his eye?

I think it could be limited plot manipulation? Or minor.

Yep, it's actually this scene which make me wonder if the incoherent stuff would be part of him being a meta-villain. And since SS is nearly a walking incoherence, it would explain a lot.

Like how Gamzee, who's arguably "lower" in term of meta, can **** shit because of plot armor, clowness and meta-awareness.

And since nearly every Andrew Hussie's incoherences come from Spades Slick, 1-A Andrew would also be a thing owo.

Can someone explain to me how doze's ability works? Like he slows down time to himself and he is supposed to be impossible to harm or something?

The former. He can slow down time, but it only applies to himself. He's not impossible to harm, but he's near impossible to get information out of because his reaction speed is so slow.

As far as leprechauns go, he's one of the more useless ones.

Nemo212 said:
The former. He can slow down time, but it only applies to himself. He's not impossible to harm, but he's near impossible to get information out of because his reaction speed is so slow.
As far as leprechauns go, he's one of the more useless ones.
but is this ability passive or he just has a happy trigger for it? cuz he seems to use it when he doesn't need to.

I'm nearly starting to kinda hate Homestuck's fandom for the massive hate against Epilogues and HS^2. Even more with the last update.

I mean, I'm not seeing your point that much, but that might just be that I agree with them. Sure, we're still getting some good content (Hiveswap, Friendsim, and Pesterquest) and the Epilogues still have some interesting ideas (the Ultimate Selves), I do agree with a lot of the criticism (don't even get me started on what they did to Jane).

The Wright Way said:
I mean, I'm not seeing your point that much, but that might just be that I agree with them. Sure, we're still getting some good content (Hiveswap, Friendsim, and Pesterquest) and the Epilogues still have some interesting ideas (the Ultimate Selves), I do agree with a lot of the criticism (don't even get me started on what they did to Jane).
I'm mainly against these recurring arguments "it's totally illogical and OOC" or "We don't know this yet, it sucks because it's not directly into the main plot", or "They add new things, so it's not Homestuck" or "The authors don't care about Homestuck".

While some have reasons to be, others nearly make me wonder if most of these "Homestuck purist" even remember Homestuck at all.

Trust me, it's not nearly as bad as the Star Wars "Legends vs Disney" fiasco. Look up a Star Wars video on YouTube, go into the comment section, and you're almost guaranteed to find at least one comment from entitled Legends fans complaining about Disney. It's asinine.

Back