• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MSPA Discussion Thread Part II: STRIFE!-ing Tendency

It came out 3 days ago (at least in France), and some got it even before.

I don't remember all of it, since I just finished it. But basically there's more things about Lord and his coat being linked to the narrative and Doc. Scratch will possibly get his components' powers.

It seems like there's an Andrew Hussie above Lord English thanks to WoG, I'll likely write them or take pictures when I have time.

There's an Andrew Hussie who's Lord and AH (the character) are only part of.

The full explanation is so long it nearly reach 100 lines I think.

Explanation for page 3226 to 3228 (71 of book 6)

<<Another highly coveted self-insert round serving a brief reprieve from all the Sadstuck. Which admittedly may have just been in the process of turning into Stupidstuck. So we might as well take a break and go full Stupidstuck and watch me fool around in my recently green-painted mansion while wearing Lord English's huge coat. The "Who is Lord English" question has been picking up steam, which mean it's time for me to swaltz into the story and **** with you a little on that subject. There are some clues that we're circling this topic that were hard to appreciate at the time. Gamzee is watching the ball drop during the criticial moment, which circumstantially concides with the rise of LE. We don't have all the info yet, but that was a subtle prompt to consider the question, which I'm doing here. Mainly by "reassuring" everybody that I'm not going to turn out to be LE himself and become the supreme villain that my fictional heroes all have to gang on and defeat in the end.

If that were litteraly, true, then yes, I would be right in describing that here as dumb. But then again, you can never totally trust me, can you? This is just some farcical misdirection-slash-admission in plain sightn, which is a frequent tool of the story. LE arguably is me, but detached from the literal AH persona by several layers of symbolism and exaggerated, ********, in-story avatar composites, to create the ultimate anti-narrative, anti-reader, anti-Homestuck monstrosity. Implacable and invincible. So invincible that, even in a state of imminent defeat, his death can't be shown because... why would he "give" that to you?

But getting into any of that would be skipping too far ahead to Act 7 meta. For now, this just reads as more self-insert buffoonery. It takes a very long time for all of this symbolism to become manifest. (Though for the record, when it finally does, I consider the conclusions about LE as a complex, wrathful, multi-faceted author avatar to be pretty evident. I don't think I'm spilling much Hot Dirt here.) At this stage, it's all hard to see, and the true identity of LE feels like an important piece of info we're waiting for, which means it can be trollishly teased in this manner.

It also feels kind of glaring, on a reread, how baked in all this was from the start. I'm pretty siure this was the loosely intended nature of LE when he was being alluded to in the Intermission. The way that true nature was eventually presented (for instance, the Arquiusprite constituent) is what somewhat freestyled along the way. Naturally, when you joke about an outcome ("how stupid would that be?") it takes a little heat off the suspicion of the outcome/

Probably even AH, the character here, doesn't have the slightest idea whjat LE's true nature is. He's not even really me. He's semi-me, an in-story projection of AH the buffoon, the megalomaniac "godhead" who goofs around, and on some level knows he's just a flailing clown at the mercy of the thing he's making, as much as its creator. HE's sort of an innocent victim of this endeavor, almost as much as other characters are. He can't possibly "fill the coat" of LE in this form. Few can. Even someone with AH's proclivities, author-tier powers, and a nefarious agenda like Doc. Scratch can't fill the coat. That why I'm "swimming in this garish piece of shit." The coat is another loaded symbol. Something terrible needs to happen, and the monster needs to surface. Yes, he may "be already here", but it's just not time yet.>>

There's more, but I'll cut the "useless" parts because god it's ******* long lmao.

Nah, MSPA and Homestuckverse are supposed to be separated on the wiki, since I remember that it was agreed on a previous thread (like Shinza Bansho and Senshinkan).

It's a discussion thread, so a revision one should be better for this.

Separating MSPA from Homestuck and downgrading GPI was already accepted irrc, just not added.

Oh, it's just that there's no update sadly

However in a little more than one week Pesterquest's final route will be released

I think they'll be in. Since it's route 14 + Epilogue like with Friendsim.

And all the jokes with the Caliborn shadow is too much to just be this.

Tbh since the route will be released the 1st april, it's definitely possible lmao.

Just. Wow.

I expected a lot, didn't got what I wanted, and got even better with this last route.

Btw the end of Pesterquest may have been what we needed for even more confirmation of 1-A.

All I saw was just a bunch more Meta-Narrative stuff with UD, the Director of the game, MSPA Reader, and some Green Sun stuff that just makes me even more confused about that Green Ball of Meta-Narrative Flames.

That's basically this yeah. And also Candy Dave being here because why not.

I think I'll wrote some explanations or Idk what

I still want to see what Ultimate John would be like.

Kinda suprises me that there aren't many headcanons floating around Tumblr for what Ult selves of certain characters would be like.

I know he is a weakling, not even a god tier (i wish) and i don't follow peterquest enough (still reading homestuck, 60% in) but i wish to see ult. Karkat.

Hell, I'd pay good money to see God-Tier Karkat. I have a headcanon that as a Knight of Blood, he'd be able to use the powers of all his friends (which is kinda what Blood is implied to be). So he'd basically become a super strong hax lord and I think that's hilarious.

Theory: Ultimate Vriska is already here.

Now, hear me out. Vriska is a Thief of Light. That's someone who steals fortune, knowledge, and information. It would logically be assumed that an Ultimate Thief of Light has mastered this to such a degree that they can start to bend the narrative to their will. Which... is exactly what's happening.

Vriska's role in Homestuck^2 and Pesterquest has increased dramatically, to the point where she's hogging up space in the Pesterquest routes of pretty much every character adjacent to her (Tavros, Kanaya, Terezi, all of them have become increasingly Vriska-centric). Or, if you prefer: she's stealing their spotlight. In Homestuck^2, Vriska regains a significant role in the story, this time taking it from the now-dead Gamzee. That she killed, somehow, even though Gamzee was supposed to be unkillable.

The "Vriska did nothing wrong" meme (which, notably enough, is a direct variation of the Hitler did nothing wrong meme) has been distorted so far beyond its original purpose (irony) that Vriska's route directly states she's done nothing wrong. All the awful shit she's done (crippling Tavros, possessing Sollux, killing Aradia, blinding Terezi) isn't revealed to MSPA Reader until later. In essence, this crucial informatio is stole from you.

All of the meta characters with the exception of John (who exemplifies freedom from the narrative) have some sort of author parallel/liaison. With Dirk and Caliborn, it's Hussie. With MSPA Reader, it's Aysha/The Director. Vriska, uncoincedentally, has one too: it's almost certainly Kate Mitchell (The Projector?), WP's resident Vriska kinnie and the writer of Vriska's route.

Ultimate Vriska is coming. Maybe. But that's just a theory. A game th-*shot*

Speaking of Vriska, am I the only one who's completely indifferent to her?

Like, I don't like her or hate her, I just find her boring. To the point that I actually skipped her Pesterquest route. She just doesn't interest me at all.

The Wright Way said:
Hell, I'd pay good money to see God-Tier Karkat. I have a headcanon that as a Knight of Blood, he'd be able to use the powers of all his friends (which is kinda what Blood is implied to be). So he'd basically become a super strong hax lord and I think that's hilarious.
I talked to someone on reddit about this and they explained that blood has to do with bonds instead of actual blood.

So his power would have to do with convincing people of doing stuff.

And if he ascended or whatever, he could start convincing stuff to happen, like convincing the forces of inevitability to give caliborn the finger, convincing people to die, convincing his allies to become stronger, convince himself of having new powers and maybe affecting the plot by doing stuff like:

Convincing people that a certain act happened different

Convincing others to "be the other guy"

Convincing the author to write what he wants.

If blood means essence, he could be someone that absorbs your essence and existence and at the end, starts to eat the plot like mandrakk.

I mean, none of that feels very Knight like though. My idea is him gaining strength from his bonds, literally via gaining their powers, to protect those he has strong bonds with.

Also, I highly doubt anything short of a Lord or an Ultimate Self could just yank control iver inevitability away from Caliborn like that.

Ultimate Karkat, maybe. God Tier Karkat, no.

Pretty sure English is close if not Ultimate, because of what he does to Hussie and the feats his power source, the Green Sun, has in Pesterquest.

The Wright Way said:
I mean, none of that feels very Knight like though. My idea is him gaining strength from his bonds, literally via gaining their powers, to protect those he has strong bonds with.

Also, I highly doubt anything short of a Lord or an Ultimate Self could just yank control iver inevitability away from Caliborn like that.

Ultimate Karkat, maybe. God Tier Karkat, no.
Which is why i said if he ascended, like caliborn did after killing yaldaboth, but he would probaly be on the level of a normal lord (which was enough for caliborn to get the inevitability manipulation.), basically he could become a lord of blood.

How he would ascend? Dunno.

Besides, he could probaly build bonds with other blood players and get the power of thiefs and stuff.

Back