• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Homestuck Discussion Thread (New Forum)

Sucks we can only do one CRT at a time, but it is understandable.

Gonna wait for y'all to make the important changes so i can try to give john acausality type 5 and being able to affect people with this.

Wait, let's include this in the big CRT I already have so that we can kill two birds in one stone.

Good, idk if my reasoning is good enough, i'm 85% sure of his acausality deserving to be type 5, but him affecting others is very debatable.

We can discuss this on my message wall if you want, or you can put it here (it's basically a sandbox for every post forum move revisions)

Technically does yeah, since Andrew described John's arc as:

"It's just that the full ascendancy of this potential doesn't play out in combat. It's about freeing himself, and everyone else, from the cyclical, fatalistic prison of the story, wherein they find themselves surrounded by unbeatable foes who all tend to be "already here."

Also the whole "changing things that aren't supposed to be changed" seems to do this to an extent, because it goes against Alpha Timeline which is basically "yo reality is decided by hulk under steroid".

I could argue for Lord influence still being hard to fully negate or how Retcon Powers are technically made to counter it but meh.

I think John and MSPAR are legit outside of LE influence in some way at least.

The speed stuff you added is pretty much how it already is treated actually. It doesn't add much more and is worded in a more confusing manner imo.

Yeah but the current speed stuff is misleading, we can word it better but saying it has no time and stuff feels weak and contradictory, the furthest ring statements actually make it feel like "yo this is immensurable speed material here"

I think we could say "can move in the furthest ring, which lacks linear time and affects actions"

Is all about changing "timeless" to "weird ass time" or "requires time hax just to move"

Also, what do you think of the john upgrades?

Yeah but the current speed stuff is misleading, we can word it better but saying it has no time and stuff feels weak and contradictory, the furthest ring statements actually make it feel like "yo this is immensurable speed material here"

I think we could say "can move in the furthest ring, which lacks linear time and affects actions"

Is all about changing "timeless" to "weird ass time" or "requires time hax just to move"

Also, what do you think of the john upgrades?

Aren't there statements of him trascending canon in the epilogues? One of them was by him and the other by the narrator... narrating as his thoughts.

and

I don't know if it helps/proves something but i will post it.
And all of this were prior to Epilogues: Meat page 11, in case you think that Dirk was narrating, he only took control in page 16.

I already considered that in his acausality upgrade, the speed issue is just that the furthest ring is not "timeless" as the pages say, but instead works with some weird non-linear time.

Which page put it at timeless? I always made sure to put non-linear back when I got the chance to edit all the pages.

The horrorterrors and john egbert.

The bec noir and dirk pages actually say "transcend spacetime/genesis frogs", which is better but still doesn't give speed anymore.

This update gave me hope for the plot tbh.

But everyone has one question: why the **** did john, god of wind, just stand there when a nuke fell on his house.

People in discord debated this a lot, one even showed a planel of john spinning a cruiser.

But everyone has one question: why the **** did john, god of wind, just stand there when a nuke fell on his house.
"Remember when John could've used his wind powers to save his house... but he didn't?"

"Remember Jack Noir, former main antagonist of Homestuck, wasn't even mentioned in the epilogues, let alone Homestuck^2?"

"Remember how Calliope possessed Jade's dead body, but when she got out, Jade's body was alive again, for some reason?"

Hussie Forgot...

There seems to be 3 jades, i think.

Meat jade that is possesed and alive.

Meat jade that john got to fight caliborn, died and is possesed.

Candy jade.

Idk if something changed cuz im not updated but the three Jades are
1.Original Candy timeline Jade
2.Original Meat Timeline Jade
3. The Jade that fought Lord English and died, but got "saved" By Alt Calliope, recruited by John thanks to Retcon shenanigans

It's not really a case of Hussie forgot, since he's purposely not into HS^2.

And the 3 Jades are all shown in Epilogues yeah.

It's not really a case of Hussie forgot, since he's purposely not into HS^2.

And the 3 Jades are all shown in Epilogues yeah.

Speaking of Plot Holes... what's stopping Jade from just shrinking Jane and her army? This would all be over if Jade just shrunk Jane and tossed her into a jar.

People brought that too, i guessing jade doesn't want to escalate that or else the rest of the population might fear them or something, you know, gods fighting gods, basically jade is playing safe until she is directly attacked.

Either that or jane will have some bullshit magic chi to protect her against god tier stuff, idk.

I don't doubt her technology will save her ass, i mean, they air dropped a bomb into the house of a god of air and it worked.

But she's still a Space Player, right? Do all Space Players rely on the Green Sun? I thought it was just the Bec part of her that relied on it.

She used space powers in epilogues, so she only lost Bec part.

But tbh it's most likely PIS more than anything.

vriska

Speaking of that, caliborn's page says that he should be stronger than jade due to being a master class, but jade's 2-A stuff comes from first guardian stuff.

Back