• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most ignorant vs statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me, was there ever a statement that showed a clear lack of research or understanding towards one character or verse in a versus debate? It doesn't have to be here, I'm referring to a versus debate anywhere.

My most ignorant statement is hearing people say Superman Prime solos the Marvel verse.

No name calling, keep it respectful.

Haruhi had so many losses on this sight I remember, trying to think of a matchup where she can win.

Hax never works on someone with higher AP under any circumstances.

>>When someone says that a certain character's existence erasure can bypass Mid-Godly regen because it erases the victim from every sphere of existence and reduce them to nothing. Despite the fact Mid-Godly regen allows someone to regenerate from nothing.

>>When someone states that it's possible to nullify acausality despite it being a state of existence, not a power.

Example: It's like nullifying a character's higher-dimensional existence.

A higher-dimensional character wouldnt be able to do anything against a lower-dimensional character. For a higher-dimensional character to fight a lower-dimensional character they would have to give up their higher-dimensional powers and become lower-dimensional, so they would end up weaker than the person they are fighting.

^^^This is a legitimate agrument ive had used against me.

One dude on G+ who shall not be named claimed that Yukari assisted with the creation of Gensokyo, which exists on an alternate reality, and is thus "Reality Level".

Not only does he go as far as to say that creating Gensokyo = creating the reality it exists on, but he also goes as far as to say that Yukari's "Reality Level feat" is "far more impressive than Multiverse Level". He shows a lack of knowledge of how realities and multiverses work, ignoring the fact that a hypothetical multiverse contains a potentially infinite amount of realities. While "Reality" varies from verse to verse, there's literally zero indication that it's any bigger than a typical universe. This dude takes a feat that is universal at best and calls it "Reality Level" to make it seem more impressive than it actually is.

He's also the reason that I made a blog defending JoJo FTL feats. He downplays the heck out of JoJo in general and claims that he's "not a downplayer, just a guy debunking wank for verses that he likes", as if liking a verse automatically means you're incapable of downplaying it regardless of how many VS Debating concepts you're oblivious to. I can go on for AGES about that.

• He describes Silver Chariot feat of being BLATANTLY faster than the Hanged Man "Cinematic Time".
  • He describes Star Platinum's FTL statement as a figure of speech to put emphasis on the fact that he can stop time, despite the concepts of "Speed of Light" and "Stopping Time" have little to no correlation whatsoever.
  • Responded to a guy who argued for FTL Joseph with "Joseph is not FTL, quit your DBZ Powerscaling bullshit" or something like that.
  • Used Josuke stating that CD punches at 300 km/h as evidence against FTL stands in general, ignoring the fact that Josuke stated himself that the 300 km/h was just an estimate and that he's never actually measured it.
  • "TBH, heaven's door isn't that fast, the best i can give it is Superhuman"
  • Argued that GER being able to move in a void without time is only to be attributed to "The ability to move without time", and not infinite speed. Also claimed that Remilia would beat GER because Remilia would "make the fate of GER's attack fade away".
He's also heavily anti-VSB and argues against pretty much every VS debating site. He claimed that our Tiering system was shit (although it's probably better than whatever tiering system he's made up in his head, lol. "Reality Level".) and pulls the classic hater argument and argues that our whole wiki is shit just because so-and-so is ranked as such-and-such.

Overall he downplays the shit out of JoJo and fails to hold Touhou to the same standards.

lol thankfully he was banned..because apparently he think everyone is 1-A Machina who can literally deal with concept manipulation by punching.

@Arbitrary Oh god i know how you feel about people "Debunking wank about verses they like", I had the same problem with SU:

• Pearl was poofed by a sword so she dont even have wall level durability, therefore Robin beats her casually
  • Gems dont create sonic booms when they run so they cant be faster than sound
  • Gems best feats are destroying boulders
  • Lapis isnt Multi-Continental because it doesnt look like she manipulated the ocean and no continents were damaged when the water fell back to earth
  • The lightning Garnet blocked looked too slow and she probably needed Future Vision to block it
  • The explosion Jasper survived doesnt look like it could blow up an island
  • Steven is stated to be part human therefore he cant be above human level
These are just some arguments i remember off the top of my head but there are dozens more that are just as ridiculous.

@Weekly I know, right? When people say "I like this verse so I cannot possibly be downplaying it" or "I like X over Y any day but X is blatantly inferior", it just makes them look even more biased, especially when they construct such terrible arguments.

Also, who/what is SU?

@Celestial Tell me about it.

I pretty much directly quoted him in the comments on a Joke Battles Wiki page for a Wanked Yukari Yakumo, and he responded with "Reality Level Yukari is true though".

He also argued against the concept of the No-Limits Fallacy, stating that "It doesn't make sense for X ability to have limits. NLF is just an excuse to downplay a blatantly powerful ability" or something like that.

Honestly I could rant forever.

Just go into this comments sectio (particularly in the replies to the comment that says "Those who say Touhou cannot beat ___ need to learn that this is Touhou we're talking about), or this one (on the comment that says "I think you don't know what the No-Limits Fallacy is) and you'll see some ridiculous cringe.

You'll probably know who I'm talking about once you dig deep a little.

Don't even bother watching the second video, either. It's almost as bad as the comments section, if not worse.

I think the worst argument I've ever seen is "If Pre-Crisis Superman has never destroyed a planet, then no way he's above Planet busting", which, not only is that a dumb argument but I wouldn't be surprised if Pre-Crisis Superman destroyed a planet at one point. I mean, Golden Age Superma destroyed a Star once.

While I do use G+ for debating (It is kind of a hobby to me), I've seen a fair share of stuff coming from a particular community (Whose name I shall not say) that made me stop for a second. Like, reaaally stop.

Like the dude who quite literally said "the *** universe is that size because I said so", who made completely nonsensical calcs and whenever anyone tried to actually debate him, his answers were limited to "shut up low tier".

Yeeeah. Nice times.

Ryukama said:
Hax never works on someone with higher AP under any circumstances.
This is so dumb. If hax doesn't work on stronger people it defeats entire purpose of hax. People just like to be biased and ignorant on purpose

I got one: Just because character hasn't shown resistance against certain ability doesn't mean she/he isn't resistant to it. So their favouite character is immune to all hax/ability by default

The Vector Prime's rants against Saint Seiya.

They are the worst crime to have been comitted against Vs.Debating in the history of everything.

"They have infinite power, so GER wouldn't be able to set them to zero"

I forgot who the character was in question, but I do remember this argument

I once saw someone argue that anyone could kill Accelerator if they used a sniper rifle. After reading that first part of their arguement I thought "Well, if you could get a headshot on Post-Brain Damage Accel while his collar is inactive you have good chances of killing him".

Nope. Turns out his argument was that Accel wouldn't be able to deflect the bullet because "he wouldn't see it coming" and he was talking about Pre-Brain Damage Accelerator. You know, the guy introduced in the series by automatically and unsconsciously reflecting a Sister trying to snipe him.

Still not as bad as the time I saw someone claim that you can beat Accelerator by punching since "he only reflects fast things like bullets", using clips of Touma and Amata punching him as proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back