• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most downplayed character

Darkanine said:
A certain site that shall not be named claims Princess Celestia and all MLP god tiers were Small Building level and none of their magic was actually combat applicable with the exception of their generic magic beams, which only destroyed walls at most. Lets ignore the literal buttload of Tier 7, 6, 5 and 4 feats (and a few Tier 3 and 2 statements) that scales to them. Oh and don't even get me started on the mid and low tiers of the verse.

On an amusing note, MLP is one of the most consistently superhuman verses I've seen. Even their equivalent of young, elementary school kids have blatant superhuman feats like Babs Seed just one-shotting a large wooden latter like nothing, Scootaloo only getting slightly injured from making a large crater after a nasty fall, Fizzle Pop Berry Twist surviving getting maned by a building sized bear, etc.

Digimon too. Did you know Small City level+ Digimon Adventure was considered an outlier for awhile? Now we have Large Star level Champions (possibly to be upgraded to Multi-Solar System level) and Galaxy level Megas.

Power Rangers probably has it the worse. Wall level, Subsonic Rangers despite the countless Planet level to Small Star level and Relativistic to Massively FTL+ feats.

Oh and Watchmen. "Dr. Manhatten isn't actually strong, he just looks Superhuman because everyone else aren't even peak humans"
Was it reddit?

This depends on the specifics?

Is it the character who is downplayed on this site, or in general?

Is it the amount of downplay the character gets, or the severity of the downplay.

Characters that originate in movies, cartoons, and video games will receive the most consistent downplay.

Though very popular choices for vs battle debates are downplayed the most egregiously in my opinion.

Canon Darth Vader has a Town level Durability feat when he was trying to commit suicide, so you can't even argue that's with force amplification.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Sites like Spacebattles downplay Master Chief to 9-B Or even Street Level+ There are people there who think GTA characters can beat him. Don't even get me started on youtube commenters who think Captain Price from CoD can threaten him.
Laughing-bonobo-crop

Darkanine said:
Canon Darth Vader has a Town level Durability feat when he was trying to commit suicide, so you can't even argue that's with force amplification.
He also walks away mostly unscathed from being blasted with the heavy laser cannons of the AT-AT which are solid Town level.

I should also add that Fire Emblem characters get downplayed often too. Many people assume that they're just 10-A with Athletic Human combat speed and reactions while completely ignoring that even the average foot soldier withstood the 8-A bolganone, and dodge lightning; which calc'd their speed at Massively Hypersonic.

@darkdragonMedeus The most Used Counter arguments people bring up to all of those are "it didn't happen in cutscene therefore it's game mechanics and doesn't count" I should note I disagree with this argument

Man, i'm grossed out at the WH40K downplay on /r/WWW. It's FAR worse than the bullshit the OBD has to say about Sanguinius. Like...there's a guy posting Small-Planet level Thor feats and arguing that GEOM isn't even a fraction of that...this honestly scares me.

I saw someone make a Death Battle, a fan one, not an offical one. Though offical is just as bad tbh.

The way they see Comic Book characters particularly is BEYOND ******. For example, someone think Poison Ivy killing a Black Lantern is legit, as is Black Panther restraining Silver Surfer, and they try to use it like it's an actual reasoning.

"Black Panther restrained the Silver Surfer! How does Bats stand a chance against that?!"

Also, Kepek, I KNOW you'll love this. This is taken directly from a Death Battle involving Kratos.

"What's the best feat performed in God of War, C I T Y L E V E L?"

Canon Anakin Skywalker dodges three consecutive blasts as fast as this while still recovering from some serious injuries. Pretty sure it's just outlier. After all, Canon Jedi can't be above lower end Subsonic.

rhythm heaven is probably very much downgraded, that verse does pretty much not have impressive tiers, but what will megamix bring us?

Depends, if it's downplayed on the wiki, idk, but if it's just people, then goku, he might be up played to omnipotent, but he's also downplayed to wall level, or even sub human.

They also say that Sonic's top speed is Mach 5 despite numerous statements and feats that are FTL.

They also later say it's Mach 25, so they pretty much just contradiced themselves.

The worst aspect of a downplayer is one who does not know what area of effect and cinematic timing are. if one were to play a game or watch a movie with FTE characters, how'd they see them, and the audience would be pissed because everyone dies on earth from a single blast in dragon ball.

@Fan

I love how he is almost FTE for being able to parry lasers in that RT

@Battle

UT does have cinematic time, unless you think that Vulkin's lightning bolts are below subsonic

TeenAngel101 said:
Regarding the first comment about fan fiction writers. People also seriously downplay inFAMOUS. Even more so if the new stats get accepted. There was one where the guy said the power of The Beast against that of RWBY Aura was like comparing a God to an ant.

Look at these and tell me which one's the God, and which one's the ant.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Beast_(inFAMOUS)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Salem
How do you know he didn't mean the other way around?

Back