• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most downplayed character

VersusJunkie54 said:
I really hate it when people think a character can beat Ben Tennyson by killing him before he uses the Omnitrix. No, just no that doesn't work.
And I really hate when people think you need to beat every single one of his Aliens in order to beat him, but hey that's life. Also, if you have time stop than yes you can lol.

A certain site that shall not be named claims Princess Celestia and all MLP god tiers were Small Building level and none of their magic was actually combat applicable with the exception of their generic magic beams, which only destroyed walls at most. Lets ignore the literal buttload of Tier 7, 6, 5 and 4 feats (and a few Tier 3 and 2 statements) that scales to them. Oh and don't even get me started on the mid and low tiers of the verse.

On an amusing note, MLP is one of the most consistently superhuman verses I've seen. Even their equivalent of young, elementary school kids have blatant superhuman feats like Babs Seed just one-shotting a large wooden latter like nothing, Scootaloo only getting slightly injured from making a large crater after a nasty fall, Fizzle Pop Berry Twist surviving getting maned by a building sized bear, etc.

Digimon too. Did you know Small City level+ Digimon Adventure was considered an outlier for awhile? Now we have Large Star level Champions (possibly to be upgraded to Multi-Solar System level) and Galaxy level Megas.

Power Rangers probably has it the worse. Wall level, Subsonic Rangers despite the countless Planet level to Small Star level and Relativistic to Massively FTL+ feats.

Oh and Watchmen. "Dr. Manhatten isn't actually strong, he just looks Superhuman because everyone else aren't even peak humans"

Blanked said:
VersusJunkie54 said:
I really hate it when people think a character can beat Ben Tennyson by killing him before he uses the Omnitrix. No, just no that doesn't work.
And I really hate when people think you need to beat every single one of his Aliens in order to beat him, but hey that's life. Also, if you have time stop than yes you can lol.
In order to get around the Omnitrix failsafe, you have to either be absurdly high up in the MFTL+ range or higher. Or have time stop. The former is rare since almost all matches on this site are speed equal. Also, the Omnitrix can resurect him. So they'd have to beat quite a few aliens. But not all of them.

Their High 4-C rating came from a group of 5 or so Champions overpowering Meicrakmon VM, who was 4-B scaling off of MegaKabutiermon's feat, but is to be upgraded to 3-C based off VaDemon and DigitTamamon's feats.

Iron Man is barely superhuman even with his armor:

IMG 1093
Gets his arm moved by a garbage can. And look how small that shitty laser is. Wall at BEST.

TBH I think Star Wars in General is the most downplayed verse period try convincing anyone outside of here or OBD that there superhuman and they'll say shit like "it breaks the setting"

I've noticed that character outside of eastern media or comics tend to be downplayed (massively) by people who don't have much knowledge about the verse. Cartoon characters and sometimes movies characters seem to be the most affected by this. I've seen many times people implying wall level or building level SU characters , SvtFOE characters, SW characters (as mentioned above), Pokémons and Trainers and etc.

@Teen

"Samurai Jack solos every other Town level character because he wields a m a g i c s w o r d".

Said argument was used in his battle against Leonardo, who also just happens to wield a Magic Sword. A magic sword created by the Ninja God of Weapons.

@Js

That was before TacoCat made that 5-A calc, but it wasn't Chase's feat,it was a feat done by The Lunar Locket, which Chase scales too.

TMNT In general is probably as downplayed as Power Rangers from what I've seen I remember someone saying team Rwby would stomp a composite TMNT

Megaman X can't be 4-B because Axl was hurt by Flame Hyenard, and if you think Flame Hyenard can be 4-B, then you're wrong.

If power rangers are tier 5 how come there zords only destroy city blocks at best in there fights? Answer that wankers!

How can the Voltron Paladins be 5-B when they constantly get knocked around by ordinary weapons, Stormtrooper grunts, and shitty lasers?!

Back