• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most downplayed character

clearly both if you are wrong goku clearly has 10-A durabilty and island level attack potency, but only with the kamehameha wave which takes 5 minutes for him to pull off

I'd say almost every Classic Video Game character gets downplayed, a lot. The Contra characters have a 5-A feat, Toejam & Earl have a 5-B feat, Joe Musashi from Shinobi has a 5-A feat, Battletoads has a 5-A feat, Double Dragon has a Low 5-B feat. And there are many others.

Mostly covered the ones who don't yet have a profile and/or haven't been updated yet; we already got a whole bunch of profiles fairly accurate but much higher than one would expect tiers. Various Nintendo characters, Mega Man, JRPG characters, and Bomber Man might be a big one also.

Madoka Kaname is slower than a bullet because Homura is a bullet timer and she tagged Madoka

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Battletoads has a 5-A feat
Well, tech in Battletoads has a 5-A feat. I don't think it scales to anyone, sadly.

But yeah, Retro Games get hit with the downplay stick hard. Phantasy Star downplay in particular is rather weird given the sheer magnitude of 4-B to 3-A statements, yet I've seen people act like the best feat in the series is Mother Brai destroying a planet.

Any idea where 5-A Shinobi comes from, by the way? I vaguely recall a boss moving the moon or something so that could be it.

Off the wiki? Star Wars, easily. Also Tolkien; I once saw someone say that Gandalf would be outsped by a bullet-timer, and that Saruman would lose to the likes of DC's low-tiers.

On the wiki?

Voldemort and Freddy Krueger are fairly prominent examples. (Though I did see one person try to wank the latter to god-tier/omnipotent status one of the times I was debating a match involving him)

@Matthew, oh yeah, forgot to mention Castlevania; and how the hell did my post get on the wrong thread?

I've seriously watched people on YouTube argue that the MLP Sun isn't a real Sun because it doesn't follow the Sun's physics, despite Amy Rogers saying otherwise (way to forget that authors do this literally all the time) Worst I've seen is someone claiming a guy with a knife could assassinate Celestia. My God. YouTube just gets worse and worse.

MLP used to be downplayed here badly a few years ago here and even worse on Reddit they think Celestia is small building level at best

Js250476 said:
MLP used to be downplayed here badly a few years ago here and even worse on Reddit they think Celestia is small building level at best
It still is (not here). Go look up modern military vs equestria to see what I mean. Forget brain bleach, just replace my blood with it.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Small building level MLP.

Spike is god tier confirmed.
Nope, thats just God Tiers. Mid Tiers are wall level, and fodder are BaH level. I got called a misanthrope once for defending ponies against the military.

Curiously it says I gave you kudos but I see no such thing. Maybe it's the phone?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Celestia:

>Moves the sun and moon 730,000 times

>Outlier
What can I say? Some people just can't stand thinking ponies>>humans. Like as far as tech goes, they are actually on par in some areas. Heck maybe superior for making fully functional limbs.

I remember JOTS Implied Luna could move stars as a child so even filly Luna kicks the Government's ass Top Kek

Js250476 said:
I remember JOTS Implied Luna could move stars as a child so even filly Luna kicks the Government's ass Top Kek
Nope, they have special magic doing all the work for them (though that might be true to an extent since they can restore magic by doing so). No wait....it's actually a portal that looks like the Sun <<<Not screwing around, someone actually said that.

Back