• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most downplayed character, in your opinion

I laughed too much, I've never read so much bullshit in one place.
Warhammer 40k is genuinely one of the most downplayed verses out there.

First there are people who think Mario is an ordinary human with only high jumps lol
High jumps feat itself is definitely an underestimate for Mario, but the feat is still stronger than an average human in Real World. I have calculated The Spelunker's jumping height (he is infamously called "the weakest platform games characters") which is 2/3 his height and the result is Street level (751.01116194 J). Mario can definitely be Wall level by the high jump feat alone.

This goes for outside the wiki and some inside, which ever way you put it.

Anyone in MHA

Mario

Game Sonic

Yuji (Jujutsu Kaisen)

Liu Kang in terms of Combat Skill

Anyone in Bleach

This goes for outside the wiki and some inside, which ever way you put it.

Anyone in MHA

Mario

Game Sonic

Yuji (Jujutsu Kaisen)

Liu Kang in terms of Combat Skill

Anyone in Bleach
I've seen plenty of normies believe Paramount Sonic is more powerful than Game Sonic (or at least faster).

*That infinite power measurement and Sonic believing his power could threaten the universe statements in the movie.

*Paramount Sonic visually showing impressive displays of speed within "our would" meanwhile it's been awhile since we've seen an impressive speed usage from Sonic in the brand new games.

*Paramount Sonic outright caused a massive blackout with his power meanwhile most of Game Sonic's power comes from scaling.

It's kinda interesting tbh.

Anyways Pokemon is downplayed outside of this wiki. I'd like to airsoft every person who argues for Meteor level Arceus
Common consensus outside of VS communities, at least from what I can tell, is that a shotgun would be overpowered in Pokemon, and put you equal to, if not above, the average Legendary.

Don't see much downplay there
All I see is someone correcting others on how the Empire acts IC
That's not the problem, the problem is this one:
while naruot's PLANET can be taken out by a death star and a sufficiently large fleet that hyperspace's in and starts firing until only naruto and sasuke are maybe left, which COULD be seen as fulfilling the "50%" wipeout criteria, naruto's planet is not the only part of the narutoverse.

Kaguya's people have SOME sort of FTL and I"d bet on one of her people against, I dunno, 10 or 20 ISD's at a time? maybe only like 5 at a time in legends? At any rate, they do NOT necessarily need to wait for the Empire to locat their planet and go "ahah, this is the planet we need to destroy AT ALL COSTS"

So one of them punches their way into an ISD, grab themselves a MUCH faster ride, and start planting more of their trees all over the galaxy? It's then a race between them and the empires ability to locate their planets, however that goes.
Well actually.

Does Naruto-Verse include summons?
They are part of the setting or "verse"

They are also in different dimensions.

So it is arguably possibly, that the naruto planet is destroyed and then nothing happens.
If there are enough Summon dimension then that planet is Sub 50% of the population.

And to my knowledge, star wars has no way to find the other magical dimensions.
So you end up with a situation where one side could attack the other but not Vice-versa.

I also think it's fair to say that starwars might never be able to cross into the other dimensions given doing so take chakra, which requires a biological system they don't have.

Maybe eventually with cloning from dead ninja they could create a force that can use chakra but that doesn't give them sealing knowledge, or anyway to control where people end up in regards to dimensional travel.

And given naruto as a setting has time travel and flames that will canonically burn forever and not just better medical science but MAGIC medical science, they might actually be able to win via cross dimensional bio-terrorism with magical super plagues.

If it comes down to that type of technological arms race, (naruto figuring out how to do enough damage, and SW how to GET to them) I gotta give it to naurto, magical sealing can make it physically impossible for someone to spill the beans and make their body melt when they die.

They have to figure out they need those measures, but without extreme luck starwars probably doesn't get the information it needs in time.
Meanwhile naruto has people that can literally raise the long dead and have them willing tell them everything.

Not to mention Naurto has literal gods that people can haggle with.

Like, naruto has enough ******* weirdness going on. Assuming that both sides are made aware at the same time, and that Naruto-verse has some idea of space fleet coming IE: Naruto verse is put outside the known universe of starwars. Then yeah Naruto might eventually have it.

Like it feels like a weird draw in truth.

Starwars just doesn't have an answer to magical dimensional travel I think, and Naruto just doesn't have the raw damage to do 50% of the population even assuming they can travel back and forth between dimensions.

Maybe magic plauge can do it, maybe.
And besides, there's another problem, this here is not just the empire vs the planet of naruto, but the universe of star wars as a whole vs the planet of naruto.

That's not the problem, the problem is this one:

And besides, there's another problem, this here is not just the empire vs the planet of naruto, but the universe of star wars as a whole vs the planet of naruto.
oh thats just dumb
Why were people even bringing up the empire. I am pretty sure some of the cosmic tiers exist in canon starwars

Nah i got one

"The Final Egg Blaster isn't even star level because Eggman would have no way to see if a star was even destroyed"

There was a time outside this Wiki when Digimon would get downplayed to hell and back, usually with the argument that Digimon are digital, so their powers aren't real.
I've seen people state that Porygon (Pokemon) could wreak havoc on the Digital World, and even delete Digimon.
Similarly seen people say that Electric Type moves would be deadly to Digimon since they're made of data.

Same kinda silliness that has some folks downplaying the Fate/CCC characters because the events there take place in a digital realm
I've recently been looking into Guts battles off wiki, and I can say they downplay a lotta characters.

Guts beats Roronoa Zoro
Guts beats Kratos
Guts beats Spawn

etc
I can also say that thanks to Death Battle, people out of Wiki probably Downplay the crap out of Soul Caliber's Nightmare

Is it downplay to say P5 main casts are not outerverse level? Because Persona main casts being outerverse level seems to be "only accepted" here. Say this to anywhere outside VBW and people would say that Persona casts should not scale from SMT and Yaldy and Demi are not even 5-D, just at most "multiversal" for being collective consciousness of all people.

And some even says that, if we ignore crossovers, P4 and P5 casts cannot even use a persona and is likely human level (however that persona is) outside the TV world or the Metaverse (P3 casts could use it anytime however).
At most 21 tons of TNT for Mitsuru and her whole team survived an explosion that totally wrecked the Moonlight Bridge.

Last edited:
Is it downplay to say P5 main casts are not outerverse level? Because Persona main casts being outerverse level seems to be "only accepted" here. Say this to anywhere outside VBW and people would say that Persona casts should not scale from SMT and Yaldy and Demi are not even 5-D, just at most "multiversal" for being collective consciousness of all people.

And some even says that, if we ignore crossovers, P4 and P5 casts cannot even use a persona (however that persona is) outside the TV world or the Metaverse (P3 casts could use it anytime however).
Nah not really tbh. Not everyone does dimensional scaling. The consensus I see for Persona 5 ranges from universal to multiversal at most

Nah not really tbh. Not everyone does dimensional scaling. The consensus I see for Persona 5 ranges from universal to multiversal at most
Then it comes back to those questions:
  • Where Persona characters sit at during different phases
  • How applicable are those characters themselves compared to their personas
  • Availability - where they can use their personas and how strong they are at different places?

Like any other characters, Persona characters should be tiered by the lore, the settings and the feats. It is either a downplay by the outsiders or a wank by some among us.

Is it downplay to say P5 main casts are not outerverse level? Because Persona main casts being outerverse level seems to be "only accepted" here.
Most people don't accept our scaling because they don't believe all of Megami Tensei is one holistic, unified cosmology. There are very clear links between Persona and mainline Shin Megami Tensei, but people will still disregard our ratings nonetheless.

And some even says that, if we ignore crossovers, P4 and P5 casts cannot even use a persona and is likely human level (however that persona is) outside the TV world or the Metaverse (P3 casts could use it anytime however).
It's explained in P4A that a Persona user can summon their Persona in the real world if they're under extreme emotional pressure. Persona 1 and 2 also make it apparent that Persona users, even when not actively utilizing their abilities, are inherently stronger and more powerful than normal humans.

Where Persona characters sit at during different phases
I'm unsure what you're asking here.

How applicable are those characters themselves compared to their personas
Persona users inherit both the mythological abilities of their Persona and the powers granted from Cognitive Physiology (namely spells), this extends into physical prowess as well.

Availability - where they can use their personas and how strong they are at different places?
Refer to what I said earlier.

Actually, wow. Even now, I'm finding Pokemn vs Digimon battles where Digimon is getting Downplayed H A R D
Space Battles has the Creation Pokemon going against the Royal Knights:

"Sinnoh Legendary and weather trio's feat were far greater than anything a Royal Knight ever pulled in any media. I mean, the Dialga from Sinnoh special on PM series can pretty much turn the entire Royal Knight into eggs and crush them. Yvetal has even better advantage over them due to its dark nature. Complete Zygarde was also much stronger than any individual Royal Knight. Even the weak Arceus from the movie was much stronger than Yggdrasil. FYI : Digital World never been proven to be an universe, it always been treated as a dimension within Earth cyberspace such as Network World, Cyberverse Eden and Internet where Omegamon fought Diabolomon. Honestly it's sad how pokemon are constantly downplayed even when their canonical feat are far better digimon headcanon."

or..

"None of people on Pokemon are normal ether, Ash has shown more superhuman feat than Marcus yet he can't punch Pokemon as easily as Marcus does."

Explain how Ash not being able to punch out a Pokemon like Marcus punches out a Digimon proves that Ash is stronger than Marcus... Please..

"Arceus is not featless, if anything the new Legends and anime given it even bigger feats than Yggdrasil who's only feat is resetting the Digital World.
Saver Yggdrasil was the only Yggdrasil that had any offensive power and he was just Kyugre(assuming they mean Kyogre) level at best."

This is something I expect to see in threads from like... 2008 to like... 2015. Not 2022 lol

Last edited:
Back