• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat Revisions and Upgrades. Spoilers for Mortal Kombat 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds the same as the Revenants scaling to Raiden in IX just because he gave them a beating. Noob later lost to Jax or Jacqui.

Drite77 said:
And i don't see why Baraka is weaker than most of the roster
Because in both eras, he is shown to be weaker than most characters. Struggles to harm anyone in the original era, easily killed by D'Vorah in the other.

Jax/Jacqui vs Noob can be considered as PIS too, like Noob fight Sub-Zero/Scorpion tho the latter he lost does indicate Noob can fight them properly, then Noob fight Jax/Jacqui like what? they make him lose so the story progress.

And then you can see D'Vorah wounded Hanzo, yeah the poison kill him but that's make D'Vorah scaled to Hanzo at least.

EDIT: Better reasoning of why Noob vs Jax/Jacqui is PIS, either he still not recovered from the fight with Hanzo/Sub-Zero

Noob was unable to injure them, and scaling to them seems the same as him scaling to Kung Lao or Kabal or Cyber Sub-Zero since they fought, but lost to them and also Nightwolf in IX. Not sure about D'Vorah same for Jade, Kotal and Kitana.

About the scaling, Jax/Jacqui with the crown shouldn't be a real key. I don't think we make keys for characters wielding optional equipment, tell me if I'm wrong tho

Xtasyamphetamine said:
About the scaling, Jax/Jacqui with the crown shouldn't be a real key. I don't think we make keys for characters wielding optional equipment, tell me if I'm wrong tho
Well, it's not the same as Captain America shield which its always with him, the crown is an item they briefly used to fight Cetrion.

Just saying, but D'Vorah may be 7-B.

Besides beating Kotal and using her gross fatality on him (Kots should probably resist insect manip from that feat), D'Vorah was able to create even larger insects than before implying that her abilities have been increased in potency. Plus she was able to give a deadlier poison to Hanzo who previously resisted her poison in MKX.

Ok i changed things, but i don't think Jade would scale. Isn't she the same one destined to be killed by Sindel if Kronika didn't change things?

Jade doesn't scale unfortunately.

I only think those who actually received upgrades (ex. better enhancements or increased powers) would have a higher tier. Jade and Kitana are the same as their MK9 selves so they don't scale.

Read this post said:
As for large planetary, can fatalities even be considered as cannon? Im pretty sure injustice is getting downgraded since their 5-A feats are only done in movesets. And fatalities dont even take place in story mode (at least not the planetary one). Also I dont see how holding a planet earth the size of a human head is planetary.
I'd rather not touch Cetrion and Kronika's profile for now, because these two are very mysterious characters than Erron Black (seriously look at how much we know about those two) plus I'm still waiting for comics to come so they can explain the Elder Gods and see if they have feats

Still, i have to say that it annoys me that Bi-Han is that far below his brother and Scorpion if his match with the Briggs family is considered.

I think Jax and Noob could be 7-B, plus Jax needs a key where he was serving Kronika

I'd honestly call Jacqui vs Noob an outlier, but Jax vs Noob makes a bit of sense to me since he received upgraded arms that can shoot fire (it's also shown in a cutscene, plus Jax was confident he could beat Ermac when they meet again) plus Jax is regarded as a strong character in the OG timeline

The cyborgs, Cyrax and Sektor, need a new key. I recall a statement where the Cyber Initiative was modified and upgraded to suit Kronika's needs so they scale to Sub-Zero or Scorpion but they are still lower in the scaling chain.

Feel free to argue against this

Kronika enhancments obliviously made them stronger, but not that much. I said that based on Jax saying he was unsure into fighting with Cetrion before using the crown.

Sub should also resist fire manip from surviving Sektor's 3000 degree flame and resists hellfire from surviving Scorp's skull fatality instead of getting vaporized

Scorpion tanks that same fire from Sektor if you choose to play as him in that cutscene. So he too should have fire immunity, unless he already has it.

Why is Sub-Zero and Tremor's feat environmental destruction? I get why Rain's feat is ED but Tremor uses shockwaves to accomplish his feat and he even uses said shockwaves to physically hurt his enemies (just look at his combos) plus his earthquakes killed most of the army.

Also Sub-Zero's feat would've killed Scorpion and Takeda (look at the scan where SZ kills civilians with his ice powers) so that's not even ED.

And none of these two take time.

I'm going to say this.

Kotal and Kung Lao (the alive one) should be 7-B.

Kotal manages to overpower and heavily wound Goro by ripping out his arms, and Goro was able to tank a hit to his skullfrom the Wrath Hammer (which is Shao's weapon) and even scoffed at this attempt. Goro has only been defeated by Liu Kang and Kung Lao in MK9, not a single 8-B beat this dude.

Kung Lao, while he was still alive, also beat Goro. He was defeated by Scorpion, but he wasn't being serious with him since Kung Lao was being overconfident with Scorpion, a weakness that also made him lose his life to Shao Kahn. Add the fact that he defeated the Deadly Alliance of Shang Tsung and Quan Chi all by himself. And he decapitated Geras who was able to take hits from Liu Kang (not counting his fight with queen of outliers Sonya which is clear PIS)

I'd also note Goro helped Shao and Shang destroy a magically reinforced door and defeated Great Kung Lao (Who in turn defeated Shang Tsung and is possibly comparable to Kung as his ancestor and the OG Champion of Earthrealm)

Is the Midway stuff canon?? (Raiden has a damn good storm in that one)

But my point for Goro stands since he stomped Kung Lao the OG and held his own against Liu Kang and Taeven

The second scan isn't from Midway comics, it's from Malibu. You can ask someone to determine what kind of storm it is according to this

Storms are usually higher than the tower itself tho, I'm not sure if that would change anything

Shao already has healing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back