• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat Revisions and Upgrades. Spoilers for Mortal Kombat 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mortal Kombat 11 is finally upon us and boy the scale of Kombat this time around is truely unlike anything we've seen before. With a new game comes new juicy hax and this time around a massive AP upgrade for Liu Kang. As well as justifications for future profile creations for the following characters Kronika and Cetrion as well as Upgrades and New Haxes for the cast, here some of them listed below user Xtasyamphetamine

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lVy1kJ1sh1MSC7v88qqucAMgthND1BICwuktifLMA38/edit

Scaling is this:

Bottom: Characters like Meat [Weaker than Low]

Low: Characters like Baraka [Weaker than Mid]

Mid: Most of the cast [Most characters are here, Xtasya is finding feats to scale these and the two grades below]

Upper: Strong characters [8-A. Kintaro feat]

Top: Restricted Elder Gods [7-B. Raiden feat]

High Top: Unrestricted Elder Gods and Titans [Low 6-B. Shaking feats / or 5-A. Cetrion feat]

God: One Being [Low 2-C] and Kronika Hourglass [At least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C in the story] Overall characters scaling seems like this:

Chaosrealm

Regular Havik: Mid [Scales to most characters]

- Komic Havik: Top [Killed Scorpion]

Earthrealm

Cassie: Mid [Scales to her companions]

- Inner Power Cassie: Top [Defeated Corrupted Shinnok]

Cyrax: Mid [Comparable to Sektor]

- Upgraded Cyrax: Likely Top [Negated Upgraded Sektor missiles]

Erron Black: Mid [Easily killed Cobra and Hsu Hao]

Fujin: Top [He is the God of Wind]

- Unrestricted Fujin: High Top [Like Raiden and the others, he can access it]

Great Kung Lao: Mid [Viewed as a strong warrior, but lost to Goro]

Hsu Hao: Low [Easily killed by Scorpion and Erron Black]

Jacqui: Mid [Comparable to Cassie]

- Jacqui with Kronika's Crown: Top [Defeated a non-serious Cetrion]

Jax: Mid [Defeated Tremor and Kano, lost to Reiko]

- Jax with Kronika's Crown: Top [Defeated a non-serious Cetrion]

Jarek: Low [Comparable to the likes of Kira]

Johnny Cage: Mid [Held his own against the Revenant foes]

- Inner Power Johnny: Top [Defeated Shinnok]

Kabal: Mid [Comparable to his fellow Black Dragon Members]

- MK9 Kabal: Upper [Knocked Cyber Sub-Zero]

Kai: Low [Comparable to Kobra]

Kano: Mid [Fought Sonya and defeated Mavado]

Kenshi: Mid [Defeated Revenant Nightwolf and Kabal, but when he fought the latter Quan was weakened]

Kira: Low [Comparable to Jarek]

Kobra: Low [Easily killed by Erron]

Kung Lao: Upper [Can defeat Goro]

- Kronika Powered Revenant Kung Lao: Top [Can fight with Lord Liu Kang]

Kung Jin: Mid [Comparable to his other members, him defeating Kotal is PIS]

Liu Kang: Top [Destined to fight Raiden, defeated Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn and Shinnok]

- Fire Lord Liu Kang: Top [Has the combined might of himself and Raiden, but was overwhelmed by Kronika's Powered Revenants]

- Unrestricted Fire Lord Liu Kang: High Top [Used the Jinsei to unrestrict himself, defeating the Amped Revenants, Corrupted Cetrion and Kronika herself]

Mavado: Mid [Defeated Kabal, but later lost to him. Cassie and Jacqui killed him by working together]

Mokap: Bottom [Comparable to Meat]

Nightwolf: Mid [Wounded Sheeva, comparable to other characters. His sacrifice attack killed Amped Sindel and himself]

Raiden: Top [God of Thunder, his feat scales to those comparable to him]

- Unrestricted Raiden: High Top [Fought Unrestricted Shinnok and Shao Kahn]

Scorpion: Mid [Fought Nightwolf, killed Sub-Zero Bi-Han but lost to Sub-Zero Kuai Liang]

- Elder God Champion Scorpion: Upper [Fought Shunjinko]

- Hanzo Scorpion: Top [Did well against a Corrupted Raiden]

Sektor: Mid [Comparable to Cyrax]

- Upgraded Sektor: Likely Top [Clashed with Hanzo Scorpion / Kuai Liang Sub-Zero. Him losing to Johnny is obliviously PIS, his self-destruction was going to kill him and the others]

Shujinko: Upper [Defeated many foes, easily injured Takeda and fought Champion Scorpion]

- All Powers Shujinko: Top [Managed to beat Onaga]

Sonya: Mid [Consistely fights Kano]

Stryker: Mid [Defeated several foes on his level]

Kuai Liang Sub-Zero: Mid [Fought Noob and Smoke alongside Sareena]

- Cyber Sub-Zero: Upper [Dispatched both Kintaro and Goro]

- Post Training MKX and XI: Top [Comparable to Hanzo, who fought Raiden]

Frost: Mid [Fought Cassie]

- Cyber Frost: Top [Above Upgraded Cyrax and Sektor, took beatings from Hanzo Scorpion / Sub-Zero Bi-Han and later Raiden, fought and froze Fujin while assisting Cetrion in one intro]

Takeda: Mid [Defeated Ermac, stated to have surpassed his father. Still he should have been with the others due to his accomplishments in XI story]

- Jinsei Powered Takeda: Top [Did well against Havik]

Tremor: Mid [Competed with Jax]

Triborg: Likely Upper [Stronger than Smoke, Cyrax and Sektor and likely comparable to Cyber Sub-Zero]

Edenian

Argus: Top [Should scale to his sons]

- Unrestricted Argus: High Top [He is protector of Edenia]

Blaze: High Top [The strongest Mortal Kombat at the time]

Daegon: Top [Comparable to Taven]

Jade: Mid [Fought Rain and helped Sindel into freeing Kitana. Comparable to Kitana, her beating Kotal is due to him being unable to harm her, Kotal himself implied that he would not want to harm her]

- Kronika Amped Revenant Jade: Top [Fought Fire Lord Liu Kang]

Kitana: Mid [Killed Mileena and fought many others comparable to her]

- Kronika Amped Revenant Kitana: Top [Fought Fire Lord Liu Kang]

Rain: Mid [Fought Jade and D'Vorah]

Sindel: Mid [Helped Jade into freeing Kitana. Fought Jax and Cassie as a Revenant]

- Souls Amped Sindel: Upper [Killed Cyber Sub-Zero and the others]

Tanya: Mid [Had the upper hand on Cassie]

Taven: Top [Bested Fujin and Dark Raiden]

Netherrealm

Ashra: Mid [I don't think she should scale to Reiko, planned to kill Noob]

Meat: Bottom [Comparable to Mokap]

Drahmin: Mid [Pressured Scorpion alongside Moloch]

Moloch: Mid [Pressured Scorpion alongside Drahmin]

Sub-Zero Bi-Han: Mid [Killed Human Hanzo, tried to later fight his Wraith self]

- Bi-Han with the Icons: Top [Bested Fujin, the other Gods and Quan Chi]

- As Noob: Mid [Wounded an exhausted Goro, fought his brother and Sareena], possibly Top in XI [Fought Hanzo / Kuai Liang]

Quan Chi: Top [Partner to Shang Tsung, i repeat he was likely here when against Raiden and Fujin [He also previously stomped Drahmin], him being later weaker in X story affected the Revenants]

- MK9 Quan Chi: I'd like Upper [Despite being portrayed as weaker, he should be here]

Human Sareena: Mid [Fought Smoke, Noob with Bi-Han, also fought Revenant Kitana]

- Demon Sareena: Likely Upper [Sub-Zero Kuai Liang had to fled from her]

Shinnok: Top [Fought with Lui Kang, Raiden, Fujin / His return in X had him beat the both of them / and Inner Power Johhny Cage]

- Corrupted Shinnok: Top [Fought with Inner Power Cassie Cage]

- Unrestricted Shinnok: High Top [Fought Unrestricted Raiden]

Smoke: Mid [Fought a bunch of people comparable to him]

Orderrealm

Dairou: Mid [Comparable to Darrious]

Darrious: Mid [Comparable to Dairou]

Hotaru: Mid [Impaled Li-Mei]

Outworld

Ferra & Torr: Mid [Comparable to the other Kotal members at the time]

Kollector: Mid [Comparable to the other characters]

Baraka: Low [Weaker than most characters, killed by D'Vorah]

Bo'Rai'Cho: Upper [Master of combat and trained many strong warriors, took Cyrax self-destruction]

Chameleon: Upper [One of Shao Kahn deadliest warriors, putting him in the same tier as Goro / Kintaro]

MKX D'Vorah: Mid [Fought Rain, Tanya and Mileena in X]

- MKXI D'Vorah: Top [Overpowered Kotal, later killed Hanzo Scorpion]

Regular Ermac: Mid [Ripped Jax arms, fought many foes]

- Deception to Armageddon Ermac: Upper [Fought and freed Kung Lao and the others]

Khameleon: Upper [Comparable to Chameleon]

Goro: Upper [Scales to Kintaro]

Kintaro: Upper [Survived a nuclear blast, stronger than Goro in a timeline while seemingly comparable in the other]

Sheeva: Mid [Was wounded by Nightwolf, lost to many characters in IX]

- Queen Sheeva: Upper [She should be this strong]

Motaro: Upper [Can kill Johnny Cage, Shao considered him as a strong ally]

MKX Kotal Kahn: Upper [Burned Rain, trashed Kano and Tanya, fought Reiko]

- MKXI Kotal Kahn: Possibly Top [His blade could briefly stagger Shao Kahn, he then was able to knock Shao but only after Liu and Raiden attacked, when they fought again Shao ended up crippling him]

Reiko: Upper [Powerhouse comparable to Goro and Kintaro, fought Kotal]

- Blood God Reiko: Likely Top [As Blood God, he is likely comparable to other gods like Raiden]

Li Mei: Mid [Defeated Kano]

Mileena: Mid [Clone to Kitana]

Reptile: Mid [Blocked Kabal, fought Takeda and Jacqui]

Nitara: Upper [Defeated Ashra, played around with Cyrax]

Skarlet: Mid [Knocked Jacqui, fought Mileena]

Shang Tsung: Top [Partner to Quan Chi, fought Liu Kang and later snapped his neck]

- MK9 Shang Tsung: I'd like Upper [Despite being portrayed as weaker like Quan, he should be here. He lost to Smoke since he morphed as Bi-Han and for Kitana, its PIS]

Onaga: Top [The forces of Raiden, Shang Tsung and Quan Chi were not enough to defeat him, Shujinko with all the powers was able to do so. Later lost to Shao, who likely used a strategy to dispatch him]

- Unrestricted Onaga: High Top [Can also access this state]

Shao Kahn: Top [Fought the likes of Liu Kang, Raiden, Onaga]

- Unrestricted Shao Kahn: High Top [He is Outworld Protector, also reached this state by absorbing Blaze or beginning to merge the realms]

Final Ones

Geras: Upper [Him losing to Sonya is also PIS since he did well against Kung Lao, i'm not listing him as Top since that is reserved for his final state]

- Post Deaths Geras: Top [Struggled Raiden to the point he had to drown him in order to get rid of him]

Cetrion: Top [Should be here, took a beating from Jax / Jacqui with Kronika Crown, but she was not serious on them]

- Unrestricted Cetrion: High Top [She can unrestrict herself]

- Corrupted Cetrion: High Top [Stronger than before after being corrupted by Kronika]

Kronika: High Top [Normally stronger than an Elder God. Fought Unrestricted Fire God Liu Kang after absorbing the defeated Corrupted Cetrion]

Others

Monster: Upper [Is considered an Elder God Champion, fought Shujinko]

Other Gods in MK Mythologies: Top [Comparable to Fujin]

Note: The guests will scale according to their descriptions.

And fatalities are, and will always be non-canon.

Specially when Ed Boon has stated multiple times that power levels differ a lot between gameplay and plot, to the point hee has stated only Raiden would survive a bullet to the head in the plot.

I wonder how long it will take for mkverse to becoming the strongest fighting verse (not counting crossovers , like mvc etc ) ?

@Ted Ed

Firstly I'm not sure the Sea of Blood being infinite works, it feels like hyperbole to claim it's bottomless and really gets way too much into degrees of infinity which I find problematic

Secondly Fatalities are certainly canon, Scorpion does the Spine Rip fatality on Sub in 9 and possibly a variation of his Klassic fatal, D' vorah does her second fatal on Baraka and this isn't counting the X-rays that they are shown to do.

Thirdly the bullet line is the perfect example of authors not knowing power levels (Kintaro survives a nuke, Sub freezes men alive and Raiden can create city spanning storms)

No scans on me but Ed does say that Earthrealm includes our Solar System in an interview before 11's release which makes an argument for 4-B God Tiers (Backing this up is Cetrion's fatality and the fact that Osh Tekk draw power from the Sun in each realm)

I'm neutral on the above tho ^^

I was going to start a CRT myself, but you beat me to it

Disagree with Liu having Paralysis Inducement since he doesn't really paralyze them, they are just stunned from the attack like in fatalities.

The rest I still need to read, but I have made my own version of this here. Input would be appreciated.

Maybe the best way is wait for Xtas publish his revision instead since he's more better covering it, tho i don't say this thread is bad since a lot of what OP said is good and fine.

Ted Ed said:
Now, since the blood sea Geras drowned into is endless and bottomless, everyone who is planet level in Mortal Kombat should instead be High 3-A.
bruh

Also that interview where Ed said only Raiden can survive a gunshot shouldn't be taken seriously, because the interview is a rapid fire one, meaning Ed doesn't have enough time to think about his answer before saying it since he needs to quickly answer these short questions.

Not all Fatalities are canon but only the ones that seem realistic in the verse. Scorpion and Sub-Zero did the famous spine rip in story cutscenes, Hanzo Hasashi kills Scorpion like this in the comics, D'Vorah does her Heart Broken fatality on Baraka in a cutscene, Sub-Zero does his Have an Ice Day fatality on a soldier in the comics, etc. However, some fatalities like Mileena swallowing a whole person then spitting them out as blood and bones or Kabal's face being scary enough to make your soul run away is not canon.

Also Mid regen for Scorpion only from his Demon Dash move.

Agree with most of Liu's abilities except for absorption and paralysis since those are game mechanics, also agree with Kronika's abilties except the justification of Corruption because it was Shinnok's Amulet that made him have red lightning and a different attitude, however she did corrupt Cetrion.

Cetrion's feat was already accepted, so 5-A is okay. Kronika's stats seems good, but feel free to object.

But I would like everyone to check the following profiles if they seem alright or if you need something to be added.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Xtasyamphetamine/Cetrio

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Xtasyamphetamine/Frost_(Mortal_Kombat)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Xtasyamphetamine/Geras

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Xtasyamphetamine/Kronika

I forgot to add something in the part of the document about the scaling btw

Basically the 5-A tiers are Fire/Thunder God Liu, Kronika, Corrupted/Base Cetrion and the White Revenants.

The 7-B tiers are Raiden, TD/Base Geras, Revenant/Base Liu (emperor liu took his good counterpart's soul so his power should be multiplied by at least 2x), Kung Lao, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Frost, Jax (he's stated to be twice as strong after receiving upgrades so that should increase their AP), the three Kahns (Shao, Kotal and Kitana), D'Vorah, Jade, Noob, Sektor and Cyrax (they received new suits and upgrades) and maybe Johnny Cage.

The rest are jobbers or low tiers who will remain 8-B :(

Little off top ,we know that Kornika is mother to Shinnok and Cetrion right? So in Cetrion vs Cetrion intro she said that They and all other gods are childrens of The One Being and in vs Jade it was stated that he is god before all gods INTERESTING. Also if Cetrion is 5A its means that unrestricted Shinnok and other unrestricted characters also be 5A or no? and maybe Kronika (Soul krown ,Cetrion absorbed ) should be Least 5A ? She should be above everyone so far,Rai/Liu defeating her was PIS moment imo.

Intro dialogues are non-canon

Elder Gods would scale to each other, yes. But God Liu defeated her anyways so we should take it seriously despite it being plot armor (he doesn't have anything that contradicts these feats so it wouldn't be an outlier)

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Intro dialogues are non-canon
Elder Gods would scale to each other, yes. But God Liu defeated her anyways so we should take it seriously despite it being plot armor (he doesn't have anything that contradicts these feats so it wouldn't be an outlier)
I know that intos are not consider as canon,but some of them has canon info about lore (its showed what developers thinks about it),

Xtasyamphetamine said:
I was going to start a CRT myself, but you beat me to it
Disagree with Liu having Paralysis Inducement since he doesn't really paralyze them, they are just stunned from the attack like in fatalities.

The rest I still need to read, but I have made my own version of this here. Input would be appreciated.
Sorry for the late reply I was asleep and just woke up not too long ago. The Pecking Order looks about right. Though I wouldn't put Kortal Khan, Shao Khan Kitana Khan as all equals. It's kinda been shown that Shao Khan>Kortal Khan, and Kitana caught Shao by surprise and then took him out. I think it should go Shao Khan>Kitana Khan>Kortal Khan=Jade, also while Scorpion=Sub-Zero is correct that is for the in my opinon those are the older versions you should also account for the younger scorpion who took his older counterparts' place and able to fight Raiden. Also for Fire God Liu Kang was it stated that he has Immunity to Kronika's Powers or just a massive resistance?

But how is it resistance and not immunity? I mean he literally was the only one who couldn't get affected when kronika rewinded everyone. Seems pretty immune to me.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
That's why I called it resistance, check the document I linked btw
I did, it says (Stated to be Immune to Kronika's powers) I mean Time Manipulation Immunity isn't out of the realm of possibility. Also got rid of the Paralysis Inducement since a few people seemed to disagree with that and I kinda had doubts myself it just kinda looked like it to me but I wasn't 100% sure.

So if we count Cetrion's fatality feat canon, even though she struggled keeping a stone bridge standing, then what about MK3 Cyber Smoke's fatality where he blows up the Planet?

LightinAnt said:
So if we count Cetrion's fatality feat canon, even though she struggled keeping a stone bridge standing, then what about MK3 Cyber Smoke's fatality where he blows up the Planet?
big thonk

Elder Gods have lots of planetary feats so 5-A Cetrion is fine, also the feat was done in the Outworld where gods have been stated to have their powers weakened.

About the bullet thing.

Johnny cage and Kano are harmed by bullets in cutscene and Kano even dies because of it.

IIRC no one has previously taken gunshots in mk, or at least the current timeilne, and every chance of that happening none of the bullets hit.

I also don't recall too many feats from the majority of the cast that'd be above that level of strength outside the comics. I find that the two have a different perspective on the characters power.

Not saying "mk is bullet lvl lol" but I do think it's something to consider rather than shrug it off as another unimportant WoG.

For everyone that isn't raiden lvl of course

Likely low mid-tiers and below

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back